Military Misadventures

• Thread starter The Rainbow Cat Bandit
  • Start date
Lea was trying to pretend she was invisible at the moment, and it wasn't really working. Was she being ridiculous about this? Yes, she knew she was. Sven wouldn't have minded, he would have probably shaken hands with Kohana and say something sportsmanship like. But Lea wasn't that kind. She hated losing, and she just had, and everyone had seen it. She knew they were going to make fun of her later, Kohana and the rest. If Lily found out... she'd probably tell her she was a pathetic excuse of a vampire.

She was surprised when she saw the smile from Kohana, surprised enough that it wasn't returned. When the shock left her, it was only replaced with resentment. It had just been a smile of victory she'd bet, probably already rubbing it in her face that she had lost and was a loser. Lea was barely paying any attention to Susana. Only near the end did she look up, hearing about making a group of four.

It wasn't a hard choice for her. Lea looked around, looking for Abby and Mark. They were the only two she felt any sort of affection for at the moment, and she didn't give two hoots what Kohana thought about it. "We're partnering with Abby and Mark," she muttered, still not looking at the werewolf. She wasn't sure how long she'd be ashamed of her loss, but it was going to take a while before she returned to normal.​

(Omg! I'm so sorry that I hadn't replied! I thought that I had already done so and only remembered today...That's pretty embarrassing...)\

Kohana had no qualms with partnering up with Abby and Mark, seeing the fellow wereshifters as great allies and the most familiar of the bunch. She made her way over to the two, who were already looking in their direction. "Pretty crazy fight, huh, guys?"Abby asked, enthusiastic as ever. The hawkshifter was grinning from ear to ear, eyes shining brightly. Positioned close at her side was Mark, the horseshifter keeping close to his energetic companion as usual. The young soldier was quite peaceful looking compared to his hyper counterpart, seeming cool and collected. Kohana certainly admired such an expression, regarding it was authoritative and professional. However, Abby's boundless energy was appealing in some sense since she seemed like a fun person. They were great allies in these crazy trials, a bit less annoying than the vampire, whom she still secretly felt terrible for humiliating.

After returning to the front the vampire explained, "Ready for a race? You are all to line up nice and orderly where I'm standing with one of your group members at the front and the rest behind. You are to run forth, leaping over the hurdles and crawling under the nets. Then you'll scale the twelve foot wall using the rope until you reach some tires. After touching the tires you must return to your team to send off the next teammate. The first team to finish up will be the winner. No shoving opponents, no knocking down hurdles, and absolutely no shifting. So...Line up and ready yourselves! Malek here will give the start."

Kohana listened carefully, looking to the obstacles. It was just a few obstacles compared to those of the course, just a little sample of what to come. The werewolf was excited, although she wished she could have shifted. For once she suddenly felt glad for having a vampire on her team, considering they had greater speed than usual and would prove to be a great advantage. However, some of the other shifters may prove to be just as competent in their human forms due to natural speed. Kohana was quite swift and agile, but much better at longer distances. A cheetah shifter would prove a dangerous opponent here, leaving contention for the few vampires.

Kohana approached the place where rookies were lining up, waiting for her teammates. "In what order should we do this?"she asked them.

(Don't worry about it :3 I'm pretty slow as well, what with all the moving preparations, so I apologize as well)

Lea looked to Abby, hearing her comment about the fight. She didn't know what to reply to that, to be honest. If it was anyone else, she would have probably told them to f*** off. However Abby was sweet, and even Lea in her grouchy mood knew that lashing out at the hawkshifter would be horrible, even for her. Guh... She wanted to sulk so badly right now. She couldn't believe she'd been made into a laughingstock in front of so many people. Her pride was hurt and needed a bandage! Yet for now, she'd have to act as if she didn't feel it at all.

It's helping build your character, the annoying Sven-like voice told her.

Oh f*** off, she snapped back at the voice. At least she could tell it to get lost! Besides, she wasn't a bloody character in someone's fairy tale! (XD)

She looked up and gave Abby a smile, a grin in fact, a rather fake one that didn't reach her eyes. It was the most she could manage at the moment. "Yeah, yeah it was a good fight alright," she said with a nod, rubbing her neck still. "I gotta pretty damn strong partner, enemies beware!"

I sound normal enough, Lea thought to herself, licking at her lips. The damage was already done, right? She just had to pretend that she had planned all of this from before, that she knew she would lose. So what if people saw her embarrassing face after defeat? They wouldn't remember that, would they?

Even if she pep talked herself, deep inside, she knew everyone was laughing at her, especially Kohana... though strangely enough, it seemed to her as if the werewolf wasn't gloating. Maybe she was keeping it all in for later? Who knew. Lea sighed inwardly before paying attention to Susana. A race? Hm... She listened intently for once, talking note of the various tasks that they would have to do. She then looked to her teammates before nodding.

"I think you should go first," she said to Kohana. "Me last." She figured she was the fastest, and she was pretty agile, so hopefully if anyone slowed down a little, she could pick the pace up at the end.

Malek waited, tapping his foot on the ground, a little grin on his face. Oh this was going to be very interesting, very interesting indeed. "Alright!" he called. "You all have 10 seconds to get your a**es in line!"​

Last edited: