Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monopoisoner

Original poster
topmain.jpg
Welcome to MEMENTO MORI, a roleplay run by mono and soli. Please take note that the roleplay was constructed WITHOUT MOBILE VIEW in mind. It should still be mostly readable, but ideally viewed from a desktop. If any posts look wonky, we recommend refreshing to get rid of the "new" post tag. c: We hope you enjoy your stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh shit o: can I see what it looks like? o n o

Alright, I'm feeling much better now. I'll be working on something offsite, then get to work on critique and my own CS so you all have a reference to follow.

Issues like those are caused by the "new" tag so if you refresh it should fix itself o7

@™ T A K E N O B U
take your time! I'm collaborating with someone for one of my character's pasts, so we still need to fine-tune that before I feel anywhere near ready to start the rp.

edit:
@Birb is now also approved!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ™ T A K E N O B U
HuEKTHq.jpg
NAME: SHIMIZU TAIYOU AGE: FIVE FACECLAIM: HARUKA KOKONOSE (KAGEROU PROJECT)

Bright and sunny, Taiyou lives up to his namesake as a ray of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy place. Seeming to have a kind word and encouraging attitude toward everyone, he tries his best to reach out and listen to those who needs help, despite always having an odd sense of dread when someone tells him their troubles. There seems to be a part of him that wants so shy away whenever someone mentions darker topics, a small part of him and wants him to stop and shouts for him to shift away. But he never knows how to reject someone so he never does, often indulging in others at the risk of himself.

Slightly clueless, Taiyou has no idea when his emotions are at a breaking point. He doesn't move away from what's harming him until it's too late, much like a moth with a flame. In order to do his best to help others, he doesn't admit how emotionally draining or tiring their words might be on himself. There's a part in Taiyou that just wants to give and give and seek nothing in return, seeing the best in people and believing in them despite everything they might have done. He is a pushover in terms of arguments, easily relenting to the other at just a little nudge. It wasn't that he doesn't have strong opinions, but Taiyou was willing to forsake himself to if it meant making others happy.
@Soli and @monopoisoner
memento mori

QEkkfGi.png
NAME: DORIAN GRAY AGE: REAPER TIME FACECLAIM: Pixiv Id 588886 (zerochan)

Sticks and stones may brake your bones, but being named after one of the most hedonistic characters in literature destroys the soul. Dorian Gray is anything but what his 19th century literature counterpart is. He is compassionate, selfless, forgiving to a fault. He could be a real saint in wolf's clothing. And a saint is what Dorian strives to be. In a time of religious decline, Dorian has remained steadfast in his beliefs. He is incredibly dedicated to his faith, his cause, and his future.

But even the most devout come with their own list of sins. Dorian is excessive in regards to his humility. His own self worth is expressed in such a way that it's almost sad to see. He would give anything and lose everything, just so that someone else wouldn't have to suffer. His narrow views on the world have blinded him of truth, and those that had been around him hadn't done anything to make that any better. He was simply a tool. An easily manipulated tool.

Dorian's love for his God hadn't waned, even when he found that he would have to lead souls into the afterlife. Though, much to his self-loathing, he began to question. Fear had filled him, all beginning with the question of "why?" He gladly leads souls, even if it brings him sadness and pain. Something he desperately wants back are his memories, so that he could piece together the dark secret lost to him.
@Soli and @monopoisoner
memento mori

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: U.N. 0W3N
As far as I'm concerned you didn't want me here, but do have fun, it's been awhile since something this shiny landed in iwaku since the days of the old. ^ - ^ don't worry about future invites, you have fun nano, and you other familiar faces! Best of luck!

Once again, I'm being bullied. ōnō
It's not my fault Birb was being irresponsible.

STAHP SAYING IT LIKE THAT. QAQ YOU'RE MAKING IT SOUND IT LIKE IT WASN'T AN ACCIDENT.

I'm scared of what's happening ._.

But anyways, HEEEYYYYYY a (hopefully) less shitty character that I'm gonna use instead!:
jOEM8P7.gif
NAME: ELYSE DUBOIS AGE: 2 MONTHS FACECLAIM: KAFŪ CHINO (IS THE ORDER A RABBIT?)

Many people usually know that one person that they can't get mad at, and for most people, Elyse is that person. A generally innocent person, Elyse tends to see everything in black in white, good things and bad things. Due to this, there is no grey area. Making her revolt at the sight of unfavorable deeds, even if it will ultimately help in the future. In turn, this gave Elyse a protective personality, even if she isn't strong herself. Infatuated with "doing the right thing", jumping into things bigger than herself isn't unusual for Elyse, and some would even go as far to say that she has an indomitable will. In a normal situation on the other hand, most would see her as a different person.

In a normal conversation, or anything that isn't a high-stakes situation, most would treat Elyse like a child and a liability. This is mostly due to her soft-spoken nature and nigh shy-like approach. Some who have known her for an extended period of time would assume that her shy nature is simply a guise, however Elyse herself never notices what she's doing until someone tells her. If no one close to her were to tell her of this "second personality", she would continue to talk and act as if she's intimidated by everything. This dual personality often consists of her stumbling on various words, having introverted body language, and a deadpan sense of practically anything. When Elyse is talking to an acute amount of people in a private space however, or if she's talking to someone she knows, her personality changes even further.

When one of the aforementioned conditions are met, Elyse turns into a very irritable and borderline motherly person. Most would say that this doesn't seem the least bit threatening, but the kind of irritable that you would smile at and antagonize further. There are many things that would set her off. Bad deeds, people continuing to treat her like a child, and people commenting on her height to name a few. Even though in some ways Elyse has two personalities, certain traits are still carried off into both of them.

An intelligible and strategic person, when in the midst of a battle or a confrontation, everything Elyse does has a reason. Whether it is luring, retreating, or hiding, Elyse often knows what to do, and how to deal with certain things. In spite of all this, Elyse still holds a pinch of childhood naivety. Often attributed to the fact that she had only regained her childhood memories so far, Elyse often questions things her adult self would have known wholeheartedly.
memento mori

Last edited:
I'm scared of what's happening ._.

But anyways, HEEEYYYYYY a (hopefully) less shitty character that I'm gonna use instead!:
jOEM8P7.gif
NAME: ELYSE DUBOIS AGE: 2 MONTHS FACECLAIM: KAFŪ CHINO (IS THE ORDER A RABBIT?)

Many people usually know that one person that they can't get mad at, and for most people, Elyse is that person. A generally innocent person, Elyse tends to see everything in black in white, good things and bad things. Due to this, there is no grey area. Making her revolt at the sight of unfavorable deeds, even if it will ultimately help in the future. In turn, this gave Elyse a protective personality, even if she isn't strong herself. Infatuated with "doing the right thing", jumping into things bigger than herself isn't unusual for Elyse, and some would even go as far to say that she has an indomitable will. In a normal situation on the other hand, most would see her as a different person.

In a normal conversation, or anything that isn't a high-stakes situation, most would treat Elyse like a child and a liability. This is mostly due to her soft-spoken nature and nigh shy-like approach. Some who have known her for an extended period of time would assume that her shy nature is simply a guise, however Elyse herself never notices what she's doing until someone tells her. If no one close to her were to tell her of this "second personality", she would continue to talk and act as if she's intimidated by everything. This dual personality often consists of her stumbling on various words, having introverted body language, and a deadpan sense of practically anything. When Elyse is talking to an acute amount of people in a private space however, or if she's talking to someone she knows, her personality changes even further.

When one of the aforementioned conditions are met, Elyse turns into a very irritable and borderline motherly person. Most would say that this doesn't seem the least bit threatening, but the kind of irritable that you would smile at and antagonize further. There are many things that would set her off. Bad deeds, people continuing to treat her like a child, and people commenting on her height to name a few. Even though in some ways Elyse has two personalities, certain traits are still carried off into both of them.

A very intelligible and strategic person, when in the midst of a battle or a confrontation, everything Elyse does has a reason. Whether it is luring, retreating, or hiding, Elyse often knows what to do, and how to deal with certain things. In spite of all this, Elyse still holds a pinch of childhood naivety. Often attributed to the fact that she had only regained her childhood memories so far, Elyse often questions things her adult self would have known wholeheartedly.
memento mori
Nothing to be scared of. ' - ' *sweeps dead body into a closet* Just friendly banter that should never be taken seriously. To be frank the joke wasn't even supposed to make it here. I blame Nano for everything. ' ^ '

Nothing to be scared of. ' - ' *sweeps dead body into a closet* Just friendly banter that should never be taken seriously. To be frank the joke wasn't even supposed to make it here. I blame Nano for everything. ' ^ '
I'm going to pride myself of being one of the few people who's given the "Nice execution!" rating relating to murder rather than writing something well >.>

I'm working on the other half of my app. Just been kinda... bleh lately.

slowly dies of irl stuff bec that's normal to me rip

-pops in outta nowhere-

aaaaaaaa this coding and aesthetic ;_; <333 i-i might try to join... if rl doesn't kick me in the teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.