Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monopoisoner

Original poster
topmain.jpg
Welcome to MEMENTO MORI, a roleplay run by mono and soli. Please take note that the roleplay was constructed WITHOUT MOBILE VIEW in mind. It should still be mostly readable, but ideally viewed from a desktop. If any posts look wonky, we recommend refreshing to get rid of the "new" post tag. c: We hope you enjoy your stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
... :I I wanna make an asshole now after reading the reserves.

Quick question, because I'm derping hard.
Are they all supposed to be Japanese?

I have a question too! What's the range of models that can be used? Is it strictly anime? Or can it be from other drawn sources?

Welp... hmm... wait a tick... I think I can make something work. xD

Since I forgot to clarify, the timeline is maybe a few years ahead from now. This means that if your character's from an older generation, there should be stuff to reflect that.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: U.N. 0W3N
@monopoisoner ! *raises hand* GM I have a question! Can death gods sleep? And if they can, do they HAVE to? ovo/ (I swear this is relevant. ;w; )

@Birb
They can sleep, but then they'll be rudely awakened by some voice in their head that says "do your fucking job you lil shit"
death gods don't need to eat and sleep. eating is kinda out of the question simply because they can't even make food? lololol

Reactions: Alibaba and Birb
Chitose.crop.jpg
NAME: Chitose Kagetsu AGE: 3 years FACECLAIM: Yuuki Makoto/Arisato Minato (P3)

Much like a cloud, Chitose is a bit of a drifter, preferring not to stay in a single place for too long. It isn't necessarily wanderlust nor the urge to avoid people and certain places, but rather a "search for her own self." Perhaps as a result of the events that had occurred in her past, Chitose is seemingly always on the search for things that she enjoys or appears to particularly like, almost as if she isn't familiar with her own desires. This causes her to present herself as a rather arbitrary person, being comfortable with shifting gears at the drop of a hat and not really taking into account the consequences of her actions. At times, she may even be seen dragging someone off to who-knows-where on a simple whim.

Despite her capricious behavior which appears to take little to nothing into account, Chitose is not someone who is brainless. Although few and far between, there are indeed moments where she'll give things much thought and consideration. The only reason as to why said moments are a rarity to Chitose is due to her belief that overthinking things will only result in the failure to achieve her goals.

Ironically, despite her desire to find out more about herself in a personal sense, Chitose hesitates in actively reaching out for and accepting the memories of her past. While the details are far from clear, she has an inkling that she has perhaps done something unforgivable in the past. Curiosity and her inclination to "simply do" tempts her to delve into the memories that are being slowly but surely returned to her, yet there's an undermining sense of fear and dread which contradicts this very curiosity. In the end, Chitose's greatest struggle may be that she simply does not know whether she is content with remaining as a death god forever, ignorant of whatever sins that she may have committed, or to open what she considers Pandora's Box.

@monopoisoner @Soli
memento mori

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Birb and Pyosimros
@Birb
They can sleep, but then they'll be rudely awakened by some voice in their head that says "do your fucking job you lil shit"
death gods don't need to eat and sleep. eating is kinda out of the question simply because they can't even make food? lololol
Mmk...okay so Aki can't sleep away his problems anymore. Death god duties are hard. =w=

Reactions: Nano
@Pyosimros
DDDDDD=
You know...when you sent that message in the PM, I thought you were going to post later. You beat me by a minute. Don't be too proud. *sniffs indignantly*
>:Y

Reactions: Pyosimros
PM sent... time to start the public reserve. BU

@Pyosimros
DDDDDD=
You know...when you sent that message in the PM, I thought you were going to post later. You beat me by a minute. Don't be too proud. *sniffs indignantly*
>:Y
Get rekt * ^ *
tumblr_n822daZbcV1s94qg1o1_500.jpg

58048753_p8_master1200cuuuuutttt.jpg
NAME: Akihito Shibuya AGE: 2 FACECLAIM: Hokuto Hidaka (enstars!)

The first thing you would notice about Akihito Shibuya is that if he's there, he's there to help. If he's not there, you have to look for him for help. Not that it's hard to find him. He's usually seen wandering around everywhere when possible. No music playing in those headphones of his and daydreaming about who knows exactly what. Or doing...you know, death god duties.

Though not exactly a dreamer (nor idealistic enough to try to be one, he finds the thought of it extremely stressing and tiring), Aki does often get lost in his thoughts. And for that, he often gets nagged at by the little voice in the back of his head to get his easily distracted self back into work. Aki does find the voice strange and...a bit rude, but he can never find it in himself to really argue. At least it's helpful.

~o~​

Though not exactly the most cheery of the bunch--he's much too quiet for that--Aki is definitely one of the most serene. Perhaps it just has to do with his gentle and compassionate nature. It definitely has a large part in his calm demeanor. However, after spending some time with the young death god, one would notice that as serene as Aki is...he never seems to be capable of fully expressing happiness. Sure, he gives plenty of those small ones as a greeting or maybe out of amusement...but he never seems to have the will or the energy to let happiness fully bloom into his face.

It's as if life or at least someone had wrung the will to be happy out of him.

@Soli and @monopoisoner
memento mori

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pyosimros
Me when working with anyone's code: Please don't break. Please please PLEASE don't break. *it works* HALLE--FREAKING--LUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

jddUwVQ.png
NAME: GIANNI DE ANGELIS AGE: 100 (GIVE OR TAKE) FACECLAIM: LUCHINO GREGORETTI (LUCKY DOGS)

The "old man" of the group, Gianni is considered one of the more "experienced" Death Gods. He's been around enough to see the world change too many times over. Noticed that no matter how different things are now, people are still the same. They make the same mistakes. Get caught up in the same spiral over and over again until they're flushed. Tragedies that should bring tears into someone's eyes is nothing more than the same melodrama being repeated. The would'ves, could'ves, and should'ves become just a bedtime lullaby that keeps people from realizing the truth: that it's already too late and nothing is going to change at this point.

But, these realistic ideals sit in the back of the stove.

For the most part, Gianni likes to sit behind the scenes and watch the "greenhorn" feel out their roles before he steps in and shows them the ropes. It seems like it's the best role he can do anyways. Somehow, it feels right to give them a hand. Though, the helped isn't going to walk away unscathed. They're going to get an earful of old vernacular and questions about modern living. Common questions include "what's the bee's knees?" and "what's with the get-up?" Mostly, these questions just feeds on Gianni's fascination with the living. Even if they remain the same, the crazy fads and inventions they come up with still fascinates him.

Even after being a Death God for nearly a century, he's made little progress in putting the pieces of his former life back together. At this point, he has no idea who he was and doesn't care (as of now). He's busy taking orders and doing what's needed to be done. With what little fragments he has, he treats them as if it was someone else's life and not his.

It can't be him.

As a side note, Gianni has a soft spot for kids. When has to interact with dying kids or recently deceased kids, he can't help but feel pain over their situation.

@Soli @monopoisoner
memento mori

Everyone's apps look great so far! Soli and I will review your character concepts once we're both done with our current duties.

Reactions: Nano and Alibaba
Status
Not open for further replies.