Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monopoisoner

Original poster
topmain.jpg
Welcome to MEMENTO MORI, a roleplay run by mono and soli. Please take note that the roleplay was constructed WITHOUT MOBILE VIEW in mind. It should still be mostly readable, but ideally viewed from a desktop. If any posts look wonky, we recommend refreshing to get rid of the "new" post tag. c: We hope you enjoy your stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
topmain.jpg
It's come to our attention that there are several overlapping character archetypes. Since we haven't received many PM applications yet, I would like to encourage everyone to deviate from more quiet and introspective natures while you still haven't fully written out your character. A couple of them is fine in a roleplay, but when we have a story heavily based around characters talking and interacting with one another, this becomes a major issue. We need characters that will hold the cast together, forcing everyone to get the ball rolling. If everyone is too deadset on running away from their problems, then we won't have anyone to bring them to their conclusion.

And for major clarifications, once again, this is not a primarily Japanese roleplay. If this continues, I may ask persons to change their countries of origin for some variation culture and religion unless you have valid reason to keep their original idea. (ie. the reason for their regret is tied with a part of their culture).

Since I may as well include it, everyone is asked to keep in mind trends and situations, especially in cases where your character is from an older generation. I don't want a chick from the 1970's sporting an iPhone unless they have a good reason. For example, someone who died in the 1920's from the US will be asked to do some research into the Great Depression. WWII is a setting ripe with interesting backdrops and stories; I will 100% commend you if you choose to go this route but ask for a considerable amount of research especially if you choose to do more sensitive subjects.
announcement

Hi, is it ok if I submit a new app with a different character concept to avoid overlapping?

@HonHonOuiOui
feel free to! c: are you still going to submit your old character idea in addition to the new one or no? o:

Still working on thinking up a character. ;;^;;
My original idea was too similar to Haruka in personality. So now I'm tossing around between a steadfast guy so is desperate to piece together what he has done to end up being a death god, a girl that struggles to get passed what memories she does have, and a guy cursed with a name from a piece of literature that completely contradicts his beliefs.

@monopoisoner
Hmm...would I have to alter some details on my character because she isn't too keen on regaining her memories (although there's her curiosity which contradicts this a bit)? I wouldn't mind making this change too much, but I just wanted to ask first since I'll probably have to make some changes to the backstory that I have planned. @x@

@monopoisoner
Actually, when Gianni died... the Great Depression hadn't hit just yet. xD He died before the actual hit in October 29 1929. But, yeah... I already know what areas I need to research anyways and carry that over. Though... the very idea that my dude may have collected/given away some things over the century could work since he is fascinated by the "latest trends" and what not. xD Just have something like tight jeans for five seconds and then move on.

Hi, this looks interesting! I'll write up a character tonight for review. I'm glad you specified more variety was acceptable, as I have in mind a character of English-American descent who died in the 1820's.

I'm not good with codes (fear and trembling), but hopefully ... it won't come out terrible.

... yes Raven... yeeeees~ :I We need more old farts!

Reactions: rissa
-is bleeding- BU Magnificent. -pinky out as I drink tea-

Still working on thinking up a character. ;;^;;
My original idea was too similar to Haruka in personality. So now I'm tossing around between a steadfast guy so is desperate to piece together what he has done to end up being a death god, a girl that struggles to get passed what memories she does have, and a guy cursed with a name from a piece of literature that completely contradicts his beliefs.
I vote for idea c. XD Mainly because I can kind of relate to that since my full name is the same as a food brand I've never even had. And no it's not Martha Stewart. X'D The moment I reached elementary school and the teachers who did attendance they would ALWAYS make a joke about it. It got better as I got older but some professors still go "Can you bake?"

I mean...it doesn't help that I DO bake but... ;v; I've been the butt end of that joke for so many years... I swear one day a doctor will joke about it in my deathbed. I'm pretty sure at that point I'll just look at the doctor straight in the eye and ask him to just end me right there x'D

@monopoisoner I'm probably not going to submit my old character idea anymore since there seems to be a lot of his type, I'm already working on a new one ^^ finding faceclaims for someone set in the 1900s is hard tho ;-;

Dunhaven%20-%20resize%202_zpssfxkde5o.jpg
NAME: CECILY DUNHAVEN AGE: 200 YEARS

Cecily is a contrast of dreaminess and direct action. If spied upon from afar, she may seem to be gently drifting along like someone under a spell (or drugged), listening to faraway music from a different sphere.

However, upon coming into contact with any other beings or confronted with any situation that needs handling, she briskly disconnects from her dreaminess and is direct and fearless, never hesitant to speak her mind or take risks. She values good manners, though she realizes that other death gods may have a different idea of what those are. She listens carefully and likes to think she has divested herself of old slang and mannerisms that date her, but occasionally slips up.

No aspect of death seems to rattle her, except one. Strangely, the death of lovers makes her angry, almost vengeful. Not angry at their deaths, but seemingly at the dead themselves. She's been known to rant. A bit. In those instances.

A creature of different aspects, she may seem rather frivolous at times. Or thoughtful and giving. However, those that are perpetually moody or fractious (dead or alive) will no doubt eventually tempt the limits of her patience.

@Soli and @monopoisoner
memento mori

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the first time I've worked with this kind of formatting; my apologies that I didn't get it 100 percent correct.

pFV18W5.jpg
NAME: TANG LONG YANG AGE: FIFTY FACECLAIM: WANG YAO (HETALIA)

Long Yang has a healing presence and a listening ear, always ready to comfort and help. He is quite caring and protective toward most of the younger ones, finding great sorrow that their lives had to be cut short at such a young age. The death god business is one that he could never get used to, some sorrowful deaths still reduce him to tears whenever he has to take their souls, and he always chants a soft mantra in hopes that they find their peace.

One might almost describe him as motherly, there seemed to be an innate need for him to fuss over anyone he can. Long Yang couldn't quite explain why he seems to worry over whether they were all eating right even after he realised the fact that they can't in the first place, but he suspects that it had something to do with events he had long since forgotten. He is kind and considerate, trying to offer advice and guide any lost soul on it's path, or help any shinigami find acceptance in any way he can. Positive and determined, one would question why he hasn't passed on yet in the first place, but he would always shake his head and smile.

Long Yang was simply waiting for someone. His last memory consisted of him hugging someone and crying out for them to run, but the details were vague. Yet, he understood the fact that whoever he was trying to save was a very important person to him, and that person would one day die and need someone to lead him on the right path. Until that day comes, Long Yang will continue waiting for them. Despite knowing how futile it might be, Long Yang believes in destiny. Surely they will meet again, but until then he would patiently bide his time until his important person returns.
@Soli and @monopoisoner
memento mori

Attention: I am reworking my character from scratch! Please disregard ryuu for now ; v ;

Last edited:
cbfwELc.jpg
NAME: ZHAO CHANGLIN 赵长琳 AGE: 40 FACECLAIM: HEI (DARKER THAN BLACK)

Recently deceased, wandering spirits. Lingering ghosts, restless undead. Please form a line in front of your guide, and he will lead you across the Veil.

His name? You really don't need to know, but well, if you insist, it's Changlin.

Zhao Changlin. He's been dead... well, it's been a long time. Far too long, and still, the memories elude him, day after day, like running fingers through water and trying to catch it everywhere between. He spends his nights contemplating, trying to decipher anything from those frustratingly vague glimpses of that life an eternity ago, his days reaping souls harder, helping whoever he can, just trying to remember- something, anything, give him a sign. He knows that he failed someone, whoever it might be. It can be anyone, and that's what he fears. To owe something to someone without even knowing who. When one interacts with him he comes across as though he owes too many debts to this world, and he's unsure of where to begin apologising for. He speaks and works with a self-loathing diligence, never at rest... always restless.

Is he always like this? Well, no. Within him hides the dormant dragon of passion that's been tamed and chained, silenced until tempted. A word, a conversation, a subject that matters, will see him burst upon the listener like fireworks on a New Year's night, as though he's inhabited by a completely different person. That is, until he finally remembers what time and place he is in, and wilts away, returning to that subdued form once more.

But that's enough talk. He has to work, you know. Please get in line so he can make this quick and hopefully painless for you.

Maybe you're the memory he's searching for...

@Soli and @monopoisoner
memento mori

I might have screwed the code up so if anything looks wonky it's my fault entirely. Resubmit since we needed character diversity :>

-dead- Bah... need... energy... to... start... profile....

Whoa! The profile coding is pretty off on my screen. o xo;;;;

Status
Not open for further replies.