Medieval Times: Ventorum [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimidium
The Hollow -> Human Realm
Interaction: Anton - @Dakota K5

Dimidium's attention perked as she glanced back to Anton. She hurried over to him once she was done 'speaking' to the flowers, kneeling down to look at him as her long silver hair piled itself behind her. She looked back to the flowers and pointed towards the budding flowers. "What are those oddly shaped things in the ground, Anton? I sense life in them, but they do not talk. Are they like trees?" The demigod's red eyes seemed more bright than before, wanting an answer immediately. Of all the things she saw so far, the flowers grabbed her attention the most. The girl tilted her head in a curious manner and waited as she glanced back to the prophet.

Dimidium

Dimidium's attention perked as she glanced back to Anton. She hurried over to him once she was done 'speaking' to the flowers, kneeling down to look at him as her long silver hair piled itself behind her. She looked back to the flowers and pointed towards the budding flowers. "What are those oddly shaped things in the ground, Anton? I sense life in them, but they do not talk. Are they like trees?" The demigod's red eyes seemed more bright than before, wanting an answer immediately. Of all the things she saw so far, the flowers grabbed her attention the most. The girl tilted her head in a curious manner and waited as she glanced back to the prophet.
"They are flower, they are similar to trees yes. Their are many kinds of flowers but the most abundant are in the south." He said to the woman who had pushed her way into his personal space for her answer, for Anton he didn't really mind as she still had a lot to learn about the customs of the world she found her self in. He turned towards her, his hair covering his blind eye. "Many people take them and use them to decorate, mostly women who use them to look nicer for either a special occasion or to possibly get the attention of their object of affection though I have seen men take large bouquets of flowers to women and shop owners use them to make an area smell nicer so more people will buy from them. I did one time see a knight whose family crest was a flower, they hold different meanings to each person." Anton said.​

Reactions: CrimDemon
Dimidium

"I see." Dimidium moved away from Anton as soon as he was done giving her an answer. Humans were strange indeed. Why did they think plucking these flowers made them more attractive? The flowers should be outside instead of inside their homes. Surely they could smell them without having to taking them out of the earth that birthed them. The demigod shook her head and pushed the thoughts out of her mind, thinking she knew too little of humans to think such things. The girl stood and look towards the rising sun, her left gloved hand on her chin before she turned back to the prophet. "Should we go, or do you need to rest a while longer? If so, I can wait for you, Anton." Dimidium wasn't in a big hurry. If it weren't for the war, she would have suggested they relax a few days longer; however, she knew they didn't have the luxury to do so.

Dimidium

"I see." Dimidium moved away from Anton as soon as he was done giving her an answer. Humans were strange indeed. Why did they think plucking these flowers made them more attractive? The flowers should be outside instead of inside their homes. Surely they could smell them without having to taking them out of the earth that birthed them. The demigod shook her head and pushed the thoughts out of her mind, thinking she knew too little of humans to think such things. The girl stood and look towards the rising sun, her left gloved hand on her chin before she turned back to the prophet. "Should we go, or do you need to rest a while longer? If so, I can wait for you, Anton." Dimidium wasn't in a big hurry. If it weren't for the war, she would have suggested they relax a few days longer; however, she knew they didn't have the luxury to do so.
He rose slowly and stretched before he turned north. "Let's go." He said as he and Dimidium began to walk. "So you seemed rather confused when I told you what people do with flowers, I also feel like you have questions about people in general. Ask what you wish to know." Anton told the woman with him, while he wished that Dimidium would be able to learn these things on her own through experience he knew that if this war expanded then she wouldn't have time for things such as that.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium followed behind Anton before she caught up to the man, slightly beside him. The demigod held her chin with her thumb and index finger again. "Well, I suppose the first question is why do humans sleep for so long?" If she was very panicky, and if she wasn't connected to the prophet to tell if he wasn't alive, she would have thought he was dead. The girl lowered her hands and pressed them to her sides, her red eyes finally glancing up towards the man.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium followed behind Anton before she caught up to the man, slightly beside him. The demigod held her chin with her thumb and index finger again. "Well, I suppose the first question is why do humans sleep for so long?" If she was very panicky, and if she wasn't connected to the prophet to tell if he wasn't alive, she would have thought he was dead. The girl lowered her hands and pressed them to her sides, her red eyes finally glancing up towards the man.
"It let's our waking mind rest, a hard reason as to why is not something anyone knows but if humans go without sleep we start to experience...nasty side effects. After a few days our motor functions would be useless but we are still able to function, after a week or so we will start to hallucinate and after eleven days a human can die without sleep. Also lack of sleep also leads to higher risk of illness, like I said no one really knows why we sleep the hours we do or why we sleep period but we know it's bad if we don't." Anton said as they walked, he was able to feel the subtle temperature shift as they went marking that they were now entering what would be officially the "north" of the continent. "Keep the questions coming we got a lot of day light to burn."

Dimidium
Human Realm

"Hmm... How long is a human's lifespan? The gods and I do not have a sense of time and aging, but I hear humans and other races do because they are constantly mating with each other and simultaneously dying." Dimidium was unnervingly nonchalant at the word "mating". A normal girl would shy away at the word, but the demigod was genuinely interested in the subject. "Is it the mating ritual that cause those to age like they do, or is it something else?" The girl looked away and looked up when a couple of birds flew past them in the opposite direction, oblivious to the shift in weather and the colder weather that was to come.

Dimidium
Human Realm

"Hmm... How long is a human's lifespan? The gods and I do not have a sense of time and aging, but I hear humans and other races do because they are constantly mating with each other and simultaneously dying." Dimidium was unnervingly nonchalant at the word "mating". A normal girl would shy away at the word, but the demigod was genuinely interested in the subject. "Is it the mating ritual that cause those to age like they do, or is it something else?" The girl looked away and looked up when a couple of birds flew past them in the opposite direction, oblivious to the shift in weather and the colder weather that was to come.
"It all depends, a peasant would maybe live to thirty years before death takes them while lords and noble may live longer into their sixties or seventies but this is do to differences in living situation as nobles have access to better food and health care while the peasants get what they can. Other things determine life span as well, magic for instance will shorten or lengthen someone's life depending on the type of magic. Our "Mating" ritual as you call it has nothing to do with our aging." Anton said, waiting for the next questions while he let a marble sized ball of lightning dance on his hand. He found this conversation he was having with Dimidum rather interesting as he saw how little she knew about this world, he wondered if tzeentch had left his daughter uninformed for a reason.

Dimidium
Human Realm

"So, mating has nothing to do with it... And I thought I was on to something." Dimidium made a mental note about the lifespans of others and fumbled through her head for another question, half expecting him to ask questions himself. She was from a different realm, so many humans would have seized the opportunity to ask. Or they would cast her aside and call her a heretic, according to that other god. After a moment, she finally turned her head back to the front when the birds were no longer in her field of vision. The girl thought about steering to a question about Anton, seeing as they would be with each other for a while. "A question about you this time, if I may." The demigod glanced towards the prophet's hand with the ball of lightning, watching it closely. "You are a mage, but did you learn to be one or were you naturally gifted?"

Dimidium
Human Realm

"So, mating has nothing to do with it... And I thought I was on to something." Dimidium made a mental note about the lifespans of others and fumbled through her head for another question, half expecting him to ask questions himself. She was from a different realm, so many humans would have seized the opportunity to ask. Or they would cast her aside and call her a heretic, according to that other god. After a moment, she finally turned her head back to the front when the birds were no longer in her field of vision. The girl thought about steering to a question about Anton, seeing as they would be with each other for a while. "A question about you this time, if I may." The demigod glanced towards the prophet's hand with the ball of lightning, watching it closely. "You are a mage, but did you learn to be one or were you naturally gifted?"
"Questions about me now huh, I was gifted with an aptitude in frost magic but I learned to use lightning, my frost spell are large and powerful but not very precise that's why I use lightning mostly. I was taught by an old mage that was a servant but left after a conflict with the high priest at the time but he was a friend of my parents and when they passed he took me in and taught me." Anton spoke as they entered a field full of wild wheat grass that went up to Anton's stomach in height, it was at least two miles and the way the sun hit the wheat splashed the air with a golden hue. "Well would you look at that." He said finding the sight of this amount of wild wheat in one place rather odd.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium glanced down towards the wheat grass as it almost reached her chest. She narrowed her eyes to block out some of the brightness and looked past them to see how far they went. The demigod quickly looked away after just a moment when it got too bright for her to look at, glancing towards Anton. "Grass... They make bread with this kind of grass, right?" It was one of the few things she knew. A quick image of what humans did to some of their plants.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium glanced down towards the wheat grass as it almost reached her chest. She narrowed her eyes to block out some of the brightness and looked past them to see how far they went. The demigod quickly looked away after just a moment when it got too bright for her to look at, glancing towards Anton. "Grass... They make bread with this kind of grass, right?" It was one of the few things she knew. A quick image of what humans did to some of their plants.
"Yes." He said while he walked into the field. "What's the Hollow like?" Anton asked her suddenly, wanting to know what the promised land spoke of by other Servants more dedicated than him.

Dimidium
Human Realm

"Oh... I..." Dimidium grew silent as she thought to herself, thrown off by the question. She was so far from the civilized part of the Hollow, but she did see some of it while she dreamed. "The part of the Hollow I lived in was dark and almost completely void of life. The ground, if you could call it that, looked similar to your humans' large water supply." The demigod tried her best to describe the ocean, even though she didn't know what it was called. She steered her thoughts to the civilized and brighter part of the Hollow to talk about. Surely that was what Anton wanted to hear. "The part where the devoted souls and many gods reside is quite bright and lively. There's even cities in this particular part of the Hollow."

Dimidium
Human Realm

"Oh... I..." Dimidium grew silent as she thought to herself, thrown off by the question. She was so far from the civilized part of the Hollow, but she did see some of it while she dreamed. "The part of the Hollow I lived in was dark and almost completely void of life. The ground, if you could call it that, looked similar to your humans' large water supply." The demigod tried her best to describe the ocean, even though she didn't know what it was called. She steered her thoughts to the civilized and brighter part of the Hollow to talk about. Surely that was what Anton wanted to hear. "The part where the devoted souls and many gods reside is quite bright and lively. There's even cities in this particular part of the Hollow."
"Like the ocean or at least that's what you seem to be talking about, huh...you know I was able to feel it...the pull when I used the book and a portion of my self was pulled to the Hollow. I'm sorry if the question was a bit abrupt as I would rather you ask about this world so that you aren't at a disadvantage when we go through more populated areas but it was something that always sat in the back of my mind." He spoke, his own mortality was normally something he didn't think about but the temptation to ask was just to great for the man to resist.

Dimidium
Human Realm

"I don't mind talking about the Hollow. Many humans are curious, so it's natural to ask such a question." Dimidium chuckled softly and quietly, her eyes drifting back to the wheat grass at Anton's curiosity. The laugh stopped once she heard him say he felt the Hollow pull some of him into it. So it was his soul that she felt enter the Hollow. Now she was certain, and now she felt obligated to keep this man from using too much of his magic if she could help it. "Feel free to ask more if you wish. You share information about your realm, and I will share what I can about mine."

Dimidium
Human Realm

"I don't mind talking about the Hollow. Many humans are curious, so it's natural to ask such a question." Dimidium chuckled softly and quietly, her eyes drifting back to the wheat grass at Anton's curiosity. The laugh stopped once she heard him say he felt the Hollow pull some of him into it. So it was his soul that she felt enter the Hollow. Now she was certain, and now she felt obligated to keep this man from using too much of his magic if she could help it. "Feel free to ask more if you wish. You share information about your realm, and I will share what I can about mine."
"Their isn't a lot for me to ask, the book has shown me many things about the Hollow but I thank you for the offer. We will rest here for a while then keep going until we find a site to make camp." He said, seeing as it was mid day and they would be able to afford an hour or two to rest. "I wonder what will happen if one of us dies? I know the line of thought is morbid but our souls are now linked, the book says that if one dies so does the other but that seems kind of impossible when you are a demi god and won't truly die though I am a bit more susceptible to the condition we know as death." He said as they walked upon a few trees that were in the wheat field where he chose to sit, he looked up at the sky and saw that the skies were overcast he wondered if it would rain.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium slowly walked behind him and kept standing as he sat down. Why was he thinking such thoughts when he wasn't that close to death? "In essence, I cannot die. This body would merely die and my true self would be forced back into the depths of the Hollow. You, on the other hand, would probably join the rest of the devoted souls and reside in the city." Dimidium grew quiet and glanced up towards the darkening sky, watching what she predicted in her head. "But, I don't wish to dwell on the subject so soon." The girl shook the thought away, and blocked it out. It would be a while before she needed to thinking about the Hollow's bowels.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium slowly walked behind him and kept standing as he sat down. Why was he thinking such thoughts when he wasn't that close to death? "In essence, I cannot die. This body would merely die and my true self would be forced back into the depths of the Hollow. You, on the other hand, would probably join the rest of the devoted souls and reside in the city." Dimidium grew quiet and glanced up towards the darkening sky, watching what she predicted in her head. "But, I don't wish to dwell on the subject so soon." The girl shook the thought away, and blocked it out. It would be a while before she needed to thinking about the Hollow's bowels.
"You'd join the city, the spell that binds us is imprinted on our souls. I know of what you happened to you in the Hollow your father told me so through the book he wanted me to bring you out so that he was able to deal with the traitor that bound you, so that you wouldn't be harmed. You can sit down and rest you don't have to stand the whole time." Anton said as he leaned his head back in thought.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium nodded slowly and lightly sat on her knees. She suppose she would see it with her own eyes if she did go to the city. The demigod didn't doubt the man, she was just skeptical and didn't want to get her hopes up. "Like I said, I'd rather not think about that so soon. You still have life in you, so don't think about the beyond until you're inches from death." She huffed softly as she continued to stare at the sky, frowning at the dark clouds rolling in. "It darkened very quickly."

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium nodded slowly and lightly sat on her knees. She suppose she would see it with her own eyes if she did go to the city. The demigod didn't doubt the man, she was just skeptical and didn't want to get her hopes up. "Like I said, I'd rather not think about that so soon. You still have life in you, so don't think about the beyond until you're inches from death." She huffed softly as she continued to stare at the sky, frowning at the dark clouds rolling in. "It darkened very quickly."
Anton gave a hollow chuckle, he'd seen to much death to not think about it. "It will most likely rain or snow since were in the north." He took off his cloak and handed it to Dimidium. "Your going to need that more than me, it's got some magic woven into it so it generates heat. You may be a demi god but you are still able to freeze." Anton wore a dark armored shirt under the cloak, something else also seen now was a necklace that had a ring on it, the ring itself was rather nondescript just a gold band with a ruby as it's center piece. As he said a small snowflake fell on his arm, then another and another until what would be seen as a light dusting was falling from the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.