Medieval Times: Ventorum [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimidium
Human Realm
Interaction: Anton - @Dakota K5

Dimidium opened her mouth to refuse the cloak, but she quickly shut it. She didn't like help; however, she would allow the offer. The demigod pulled the edges of the cloak tightly around her as she glanced back up at the sky. "Falling ice? Is that what snow is?" The girl glanced back towards Anton, interested at the word 'snow'. Another thing caught her eye while she looked at the prophet, her eyes drifting down towards the ring around his neck. "That is a beautiful piece of metal, Anton. What is it?"

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium opened her mouth to refuse the cloak, but she quickly shut it. She didn't like help; however, she would allow the offer. The demigod pulled the edges of the cloak tightly around her as she glanced back up at the sky. "Falling ice? Is that what snow is?" The girl glanced back towards Anton, interested at the word 'snow'. Another thing caught her eye while she looked at the prophet, her eyes drifting down towards the ring around his neck. "That is a beautiful piece of metal, Anton. What is it?"
"It was the ring I was going to give the woman I loved." Anton said quietly rather not wanting to talk about Medina in front of someone that he didn't really know, while he knew that he and Dimidium were going to be stuck together for a while he wasn't as comfortable talking about him or his past yet. A bit of lightning magic flowed on the surface of his skin to warm him as the snow kept falling.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium felt Anton's discomfort and decided she pried enough. She felt guilty that she even asked about the object, sighing softly as her breath started to become visible. "...Apologies. I did not mean to open up a wound, if I did." The girl didn't want to make the man upset with the subject. If he decided to tell her, she would listen. For the time being she would drop the current talk and changed it to something else. "The kingdom we're going to... What's it like?" Dimidium only heard him say that it was abandoned and was a citadel, but he didn't say much about it or give her the name of it.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium felt Anton's discomfort and decided she pried enough. She felt guilty that she even asked about the object, sighing softly as her breath started to become visible. "...Apologies. I did not mean to open up a wound, if I did." The girl didn't want to make the man upset with the subject. If he decided to tell her, she would listen. For the time being she would drop the current talk and changed it to something else. "The kingdom we're going to... What's it like?" Dimidium only heard him say that it was abandoned and was a citadel, but he didn't say much about it or give her the name of it.
"That I do not know, most stay out of it and those who don't are normally not seen afterwards though that sounds more like a wife's tale. I've been near and right outside the kingdom but not in it, it will be just as new of an experience for you as it will be for me. Be aware though people speak of ghosts and the undead there so we may be dealing with necromancers who can be...confrontational at times as many frown upon the act of raising the dead. The best I can say is that it is cold, harsh and abandoned mostly." Anton spoke about the kingdom, he didn't know the kingdom's name as their were conflicting claims about it as well as if anyone is living there.

Reactions: CrimDemon
Dimidium
Human Realm

"So this will be new for you, too? Not very reassuring." Dimidium quietly scoffed and wrapped the cloak more tightly around her. She could have easily warmed herself up, but with her powers being too unstable in the human realm she shrugged the idea away. So souls were being summoned by someone or some people in the kingdom they were heading to. "I suppose we should be careful then?" The demigod didn't like the idea of fighting, especially when she didn't have to fight. However, if it was to defend herself or someone else, she would retaliate.

Dimidium
Human Realm

"So this will be new for you, too? Not very reassuring." Dimidium quietly scoffed and wrapped the cloak more tightly around her. She could have easily warmed herself up, but with her powers being too unstable in the human realm she shrugged the idea away. So souls were being summoned by someone or some people in the kingdom they were heading to. "I suppose we should be careful then?" The demigod didn't like the idea of fighting, especially when she didn't have to fight. However, if it was to defend herself or someone else, she would retaliate.
"Who ever is raising the dead seems to be rather tame, their are no reports of undead in the country side outside of the kingdom so that's reassuring." Anton looked at the sky and decided they needed to keep going. "Let's get going." He said as he stood and began to walk again, his foot prints visible in the fresh layer of snow that had fallen around them.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium stood and walked after Anton, glancing down briefly at the crunching snow. She glanced back to the front of her as her eyes drifted towards the prophet. "Tame? So, it's not a normal necromancer?" The demigod heard little about the 'dreaded' necromancers by some of the gods, but they usually said the necromancers terrorized cities and villages around them. She was curious as to why this particular necromancer or necromancers stayed within the wall of the kingdom, and not branching out the necromancy towards other locations.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium stood and walked after Anton, glancing down briefly at the crunching snow. She glanced back to the front of her as her eyes drifted towards the prophet. "Tame? So, it's not a normal necromancer?" The demigod heard little about the 'dreaded' necromancers by some of the gods, but they usually said the necromancers terrorized cities and villages around them. She was curious as to why this particular necromancer or necromancers stayed within the wall of the kingdom, and not branching out the necromancy towards other locations.
"Their are no sightings of undead outside of the kingdom and no one has been hurt to my knowledge so either we got someone who want's everyone to feel safe before he or she strikes which I doubt or this person is lonely and wants others around even if they are the walking dead and spirits. You'd be surprised what humans do to feel wanted and to have companionship, wars have been started for less." Anton said as he kept walking, thinking on the necromancer and their motivations for raising the dead.

Dimidium
Human Realm

"If it's the latter, I cannot fault them for that." Dimidium frowned to herself as she thought about the necromancer, wondering about the second scenario. To be lonely enough to raise the dead for companionship was a sad thing. If it were true, she couldn't blame them. If the demigod possessed the magic to conjure the dead to have company while she was in the Hollow's bowels, she would have done the same. Soon after the thought, she was wondering if there was just one occupying the kingdom and what age they were. Maybe they were old and wanted to have the kingdom lively again, or maybe a young adult who just didn't want to leave the kingdom after so long. Whichever the case, she'd find out when they got there.

Dimidium
Human Realm

"If it's the latter, I cannot fault them for that." Dimidium frowned to herself as she thought about the necromancer, wondering about the second scenario. To be lonely enough to raise the dead for companionship was a sad thing. If it were true, she couldn't blame them. If the demigod possessed the magic to conjure the dead to have company while she was in the Hollow's bowels, she would have done the same. Soon after the thought, she was wondering if there was just one occupying the kingdom and what age they were. Maybe they were old and wanted to have the kingdom lively again, or maybe a young adult who just didn't want to leave the kingdom after so long. Whichever the case, she'd find out when they got there.
"Neither could I." Anton spoke as they kept walking, the snow dusted his boots as they walked. They reached another tree line and entered the forest again thankfully the path was worn enough that even with the snow they were able to follow it, they walked for a few hours before the dun began to set again. "We should make camp here, it'll be getting dark soon." He said as he began to clear an area of snow so that he would be able to build a fire again.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium walked along after Anton, the snow soon reaching the top of her feet. She halted when he stopped and watched as he started to clear a small area for the fire. The demigod glanced around the whitening forest as she turned and walked off. She remembered what the prophet used as kindle and fuel for the fire, so she looked around for fallen or fresh sticks from the forest. When the girl returned after several moments, she was holding a bundle of sticks with a small scratch on her face. Dimidium walked up to Anton, holding out the sticks and oblivious to the scratch. "Are these what you need?"

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium walked along after Anton, the snow soon reaching the top of her feet. She halted when he stopped and watched as he started to clear a small area for the fire. The demigod glanced around the whitening forest as she turned and walked off. She remembered what the prophet used as kindle and fuel for the fire, so she looked around for fallen or fresh sticks from the forest. When the girl returned after several moments, she was holding a bundle of sticks with a small scratch on her face. Dimidium walked up to Anton, holding out the sticks and oblivious to the scratch. "Are these what you need?"
He saw the bundle of sticks and took them, he piled them in a pyramid before lighting them with a small spark from his fingers. He let it burn for a bit before he added gradually bigger and bigger pieces of wood until he was satisfied with the flame. When he was done he looked up at Dimidium and saw she had a scratch on her face, now Anton knew that more then likely she'd be fine...but he also has seen more than a few people getting an infection and dying from just a simple scratch so he would err on the side of caution.
"You got a scratch on your face, while I doubt you will get an infection from I would still like to make sure so go ahead and sit down i'm going to find something for it." He said as he began to walk around the immediate area he was looking for a specific plant though if it was here he wasn't sure. "Ah here it is." Anton said as he found what he was looking for, a flowering plant, it had a long stem leading to a large green maple shaped leaf and past that was a small while flower. He grabbed a few roots and all and when back to where the camp was where he sat on his knees in front of Dimidium. "This is Goldenseal, it'll help me clean and disinfect the scratch. Now i'm gonna need to get kinda close to you so bare with me for a bit." He spoke before he pulled off the leafs and started to fold them and put pressure until a oil started to push out of the leaf before he turned to her and gently put his free hand on the side of her head to steady her. "The oil from these leafs will help clean the scratch first." He said as he gently brushed the oily part of the leaf against the scratch, he folded it and did the same thing a few more timed before he grabbed the root of the plant in his hand.
"The root will disinfect the cut but first I need to make it a paste, luckily your scratch is more superficial than anything and i'm doing this as a precaution since to use the root at it's most effective I would need some form of alcohol." Anton said as he used one hand to hold the root while he made a small bit of frost with his magic under it that melted in his hand before he grabbed a rock from the ground and heated it with his lightning to kill anything on it's surface off before he used it to grind the root into his hand. It took a few minutes but in the end he had a fine paste. He took some and applied it to Dimidium's cheek where the scratch was.
"It's odd that when I was taught these things I thought they would be useless, I guess it was a good thing I payed attention. I know you probably see this as pointless as you've never been sick but remember as I said before you are in a mortal well at least semi mortal body since you don't need sleep but all the same you are able to get sick, cold, hot and be wounded now and if I can help it I would rather keep you in good health, after all I would be a pretty terrible person if I didn't help you with these things on your first trip to this plain." He said before he found a spot to sit in front of the fire where he poked at it with a longer stick to make sure the wood logs were burning evenly.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium sat quietly until Anton was done treating her wound, stiffening up so she didn't fidget or try to get away from him. The demigod wasn't used to physical contact, but she bit her tongue to bear with it. When he was finally done treating the scratch, she lightly touched the paste on her cheek. "Well, if an 'infection' is that bad, I'm glad you know how to treat wounds." The girl glanced down towards where the paste is and glanced towards the prophet with a questioning look. "Will it heal, or should I heal it myself?" Dimidium waited for an answer, taking off her right glove and placing it in her lap.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium sat quietly until Anton was done treating her wound, stiffening up so she didn't fidget or try to get away from him. The demigod wasn't used to physical contact, but she bit her tongue to bear with it. When he was finally done treating the scratch, she lightly touched the paste on her cheek. "Well, if an 'infection' is that bad, I'm glad you know how to treat wounds." The girl glanced down towards where the paste is and glanced towards the prophet with a questioning look. "Will it heal, or should I heal it myself?" Dimidium waited for an answer, taking off her right glove and placing it in her lap.
"Leave it, like I said the scratch was superficial and their was no blood...but it's better to treat it and not of needed to then to of not treated it and you get sick later." The Prophet said as his eyes stared into the flame in front of him, he was alone in his mind at the moment giving what amounted to automated responses...well not entirely, his answers were the same as they would be normally but they didn't have either the tone or inflection they normally did. He was lost in memories as he stared at the fire, memories of both his friends and Medina, the ones he lost but would Dimidium use the connection they had to look at these memories without Anton's permission? After all Anton was an open book at the moment while he was lost in his own mind and wouldn't be able to stop her if she tried to look.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium glanced to the fire as she stared at it for a moment, putting on the glove once more to keep it warm from the cold. She turned her head back to Anton to say something, but the words didn't come out. The girl's words were halted as she saw what looked like several people she didn't know. At first she didn't know why she was seeing these people, but soon realized what was happening. The demigod was involuntarily seeing memories. It was something that usually happened when her father wanted to show her a fragment of the world. But unlike with her father, these memories were vivid and lasted longer. Dimidium wondered about the several people in her head, curious when she saw a woman in most of the memory. To the demigod thought the woman looked beautiful, almost angelic with appearance. A name popped into her head; a name rolled off her tongue and escaped her lips with a whisper. "Medina..." The girl quickly covered her mouth with a slightly surprised look on her face, clearly never meaning to say the name out loud.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium glanced to the fire as she stared at it for a moment, putting on the glove once more to keep it warm from the cold. She turned her head back to Anton to say something, but the words didn't come out. The girl's words were halted as she saw what looked like several people she didn't know. At first she didn't know why she was seeing these people, but soon realized what was happening. The demigod was involuntarily seeing memories. It was something that usually happened when her father wanted to show her a fragment of the world. But unlike with her father, these memories were vivid and lasted longer. Dimidium wondered about the several people in her head, curious when she saw a woman in most of the memory. To the demigod thought the woman looked beautiful, almost angelic with appearance. A name popped into her head; a name rolled off her tongue and escaped her lips with a whisper. "Medina..." The girl quickly covered her mouth with a slightly surprised look on her face, clearly never meaning to say the name out loud.
The Prophet's body went rigid as his head turned with an almost painful slowness as his left eye, his blind eye was what was looking back and while it shouldn't it looked as if it was staring right at Dimidium but now it didn't have the same milky blueness to it as a normal blind eye would no now it was a neon blue that crackled with electricity. "You've been looking in places you shouldn't of haven't you Dimidium?" He said calmly, whether that made it worse or not Anton didn't know but that was the furthest thing from his mind. He was angry, she looked without permission but he understood her curiosity though this did nothing to sooth the anger that he felt at the moment. He balled up his fists and let out a deep breath, he would hear what she had to say before he lost his temper fully.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium trembled lightly, though she didn't know why. She could feel his anger, even though it didn't reach his voice. The girl inhaled softly before she exhaled. "Forgive me. I did not mean to pry, Anton." She genuinely didn't want to see his memories, but they popped in her head anyway. Her mind had been opened for so many years to allow images from her father to crawl into her head. It became a subconscious habit to leave her mind open and prone to receiving almost anything from Tzeentch's thoughts, and the minds of others if they weren't concentrating on blocking her out. "I... I thought I closed my mind. Maybe the connection opened it up again..." The demigod glanced down at the prophet's balled fists as she moved slightly away from him until his anger would subsided. "I will sit over here for the time being." How long it would take for him to calm down was unknown to her, so she would be safe and put distance between them.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium trembled lightly, though she didn't know why. She could feel his anger, even though it didn't reach his voice. The girl inhaled softly before she exhaled. "Forgive me. I did not mean to pry, Anton." She genuinely didn't want to see his memories, but they popped in her head anyway. Her mind had been opened for so many years to allow images from her father to crawl into her head. It became a subconscious habit to leave her mind open and prone to receiving almost anything from Tzeentch's thoughts, and the minds of others if they weren't concentrating on blocking her out. "I... I thought I closed my mind. Maybe the connection opened it up again..." The demigod glanced down at the prophet's balled fists as she moved slightly away from him until his anger would subsided. "I will sit over here for the time being." How long it would take for him to calm down was unknown to her, so she would be safe and put distance between them.
He exhaled. "You have no need to move away, i'm not so adolescent who knows not what to do to deal with their anger and take it out on another it's just...you saw things I've long since accepted but that makes them none the less painful. I don't always remember them but when I do that's all I focus on, I am not able to blame you I should of known better than to leave things i'd rather keep private locked away in my mind at least until we knew each other better that is my fault and I am not able to blame you for pulling in ambient thoughts around you. The name Medina has not been spoken in a long time in company other than just my self, I also assume you have questions about some of the things you saw it would be best for you to ask them now rather then later and I will answer them to the best of my ability." Anton spoke as he let out a sigh, a static current still rolled around his skin but it was calmer like the lightning strikes you see in a storm miles away rather then a storm happening right above you. Anton knew that his past would of been talked about between the two of them at some point it's just he didn't think it would be so soon or so abrupt.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium sighed softly with relief as she scooted back towards the fire. Anton was more understanding than she thought, and she was glad about that. She didn't wish to pry further into his past, but she couldn't help her wondering. "Who were those people?" The girl stared at the prophet with mild curiosity and slowly held her hands to the fire. When her thoughts drifted to the woman, Medina, she glanced towards the fire and frowned lightly. She felt a slight sense of loss when the images of her played in her head. "And that was her, yes? The one your heart trembled for?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium sighed softly with relief as she scooted back towards the fire. Anton was more understanding than she thought, and she was glad about that. She didn't wish to pry further into his past, but she could help wondering. "Who were those people?" The girl stared at the prophet with mild curiosity and slowly held her hands to the fire. When her thoughts drifted to the woman, Medina, she glanced towards the fire and frowned lightly. She felt a slight sense of loss when the images of her played in her head. "And that was her, yes? The one your heart trembled for?"
"Most of those you saw were people that had worked with me through the years, some are dead and some still yet live but the only name you pulled was Medina. We met each other when the mercenary I was working with at the time was hired to protect a religious idol that was at threat from bandits, we spent a few months there during which one of the town's healers sent his apprentice to make sure we were ok as the temple the idol was in was a few miles out. The apprentice was Medina, at the time we were both sixteen and I took the first opportunity to talk to someone my own age in what had been a few months. We would just talk about what ever was on our minds until the sun would rise some nights." As Anton spoke h started to poke at the fire again before adding another log.
"When we were set to leave she showed up one final time and asked if she would be able to join us, our leader at the time laughed but decided to humor her well as it turned out she was gifted with healing magic that was able to heal even old injuries that had thought to have been impossible to treat needless to say our leader said yes. It was obvious to everyone but Medina and myself that we were in love with each other, we had spent the first year together almost everyday just like we did when we first met and by the time we were both seventeen we had each developed strong feeling for the other but we both thought that the other hated them as we kept distancing ourselves from each other while we struggled to understand the feelings we felt for each other." Anton went quiet for a bit as he let out a sigh and rested his body against the fallen tree he was sitting in front of.
"It took me almost dying for us to tell each other how we felt and what a relief it was for the both of us we just held each other that night, the day after it was clear to the others in the group that she was mine and I was her's though we never married as our life expectancy being mercenaries was...sporadic to say the least. We were so...happy with our lives, so happy that we thought nothing would go wrong but nothing good was able to last forever it seems. We had been in a pseudo war with another band of mercenaries for a few months when they grew out main force into a battle, we routed their force in a matter of an hour but that should of been our first warning sign as they had never gone down that easy before. It took us about an hour or so to make it to our camp but when we got there all that greeted us was fire, smoke and silence, I found Medina dead with her throat cut. My mind was numb when I lowered her in the ground the grief was almost to much as I thought about taking my own life, I didn't eat, sleep or talk for a week until I was handed her journal by our leader as he had found it among some of the things that hadn't been touched by the fire. I read every page from the first entry up until the last entry but when I read the last entry I almost broke." His nails were pressing so hard into his palm that it was drawing blood now as static angrily danced around him.
"Her last entry was about something she found out that day, she had found out that she was pregnant with our child that day, she wrote about how happy she was about how much she wanted to tell me. My grief turned into white hot rage that night, I don't remember even being able to thing after I read that I just remember the hate...the furious madness that took my mind. I wasn't the only one to loose someone that day but I was the only one who wanted to do something about it...at first. I got nineteen others to go with me to our rival's camp in a place called the cobalt forest, we ran for three nights fulled only by hate to get there. We attacked without relent or mercy despite being outnumbered and for everyone of us killed they lost twenty but our numbers dwindled fast until it was only myself left, I fully expected to die but a voice...your father's voice echoed in my mind. He asked if I would give anything to destroy these who had taken Medina from me and I said yes, he took the sight in my left eye and gave me a portion of his power to use. I called on the power of true lightning that day and brought down one thousand strikes down on that forest, it's called the obsidian forest now as the once unique blue trees are not black glass after being struck by lightning empowered by your father's power." Anton was staring into the air now, looking at nothing. The thousand yard stare some called it.
"Our child would of been twelve this year." Anton finished talking, his voice was devoid of emotion now and now he just felt tired.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.