Medieval Times: Ventorum [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimidium
Human Realm
Interaction: Anton - @Dakota K5

Dimidium listened silently and patiently until Anton was done with his story. She frowned slightly when he was finished, watching as he stared into the air. "I'm... sorry I asked, Anton." The demigod looked down at the fire, a couple of tears racing down her face without her knowledge. She sighed softly and narrowed her eyes as she tilted her her, glancing towards the prophet with another question lingering in her eyes. "Do you know what became of the child?" He didn't say what happened to Medina and his child, only that he or she would be twelve during this time. The girl didn't want to ask in case it was the worst case, but the man's tone of voice made her think the worst.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium listened silently and patiently until Anton was done with his story. She frowned slightly when he was finished, watching as he stared into the air. "I'm... sorry I asked, Anton." The demigod looked down at the fire, a couple of tears racing down her face without her knowledge. She sighed softly and narrowed her eyes as she tilted her her, glancing towards the prophet with another question lingering in her eyes. "Do you know what became of the child?" He didn't say what happened to Medina and his child, only that he or she would be twelve during this time. The girl didn't want to ask in case it was the worst case, but the man's tone of voice made her think the worst.
"Medina was two months pregnant when she found out, she died that day. I buried both in one grave that day but someone robbed that grave, I dug up Medina to move her remains to a proper burial ground but someone had gotten there before me. I put a preservation seal on her body the day she died, when I went there I found her body reburied in a different spot but her belly had been cut open. Someone took our unborn child, for what reason I do not know not even your father knows and trust me I asked." Anton turned to Dimidium and saw the tears that streamed down her face. "Cry not for me but for Medina, the mother that never was and our child who was not allowed to rest." He said as he put his head in his hands and went quiet, he was as still as death for Anton couldn't weep, his sorrow would fill oceans if he did.

Reactions: CrimDemon
Dimidium
Human Realm

"So someone took the unborn child?" Dimidium was disgusted that someone was vile enough to rob a grave, but to rob the grave of something as important as a child from the womb of the mother. The girl sighed softly again as she shifted until her knees were now to her chin. She glanced questioningly towards Anton when she mentioned that she was crying. The demigod slowly pressed her hand against her cheeks, confusion in her eyes as she slowly wiped the tears from her eyes and cheek.

Dimidium
Human Realm

"So someone took the unborn child?" Dimidium was disgusted that someone was vile enough to rob a grave, but to rob the grave of something as important as a child from the womb of the mother. The girl sighed softly again as she shifted until her knees were now to her chin. She glanced questioningly towards Anton when she mentioned that she was crying. The demigod slowly pressed her hand against her cheeks, confusion in her eyes as she slowly wiped the tears from her eyes and cheek.
He had fallen into a dreamless sleep, the Prophet's tale of his past had mentally exhausted him and before he was able to do anything he found himself asleep. The struggles of the day washed away by the inky blackness of his non waking state.

(If you want to skip to morning go ahead.)​

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium had stared at the fire for many hours, even when the flame died down she stared at the ashes. She wrapped the cloak Anton gave her tightly and snugly around her, glancing towards the sky once it got brighter again. This time, the demigod didn't go off to see something trivial. The girl merely sat there and thought deeply many things. She glanced towards the prophet to see if he was awake, before glancing away and placing her chin on her knees. Dimidium leaned forward and drew something in the snow with her left hand, making white form on her dark glove.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium had stared at the fire for many hours, even when the flame died down she stared at the ashes. She wrapped the cloak Anton gave her tightly and snugly around her, glancing towards the sky once it got brighter again. This time, the demigod didn't go off to see something trivial. The girl merely sat there and thought deeply many things. She glanced towards the prophet to see if he was awake, before glancing away and placing her chin on her knees. Dimidium leaned forward and drew something in the snow with her left hand, making white form on her dark glove.
Anton woke with a start as the sun had barely started to rise, he stretched his body pulling and twisting it in several angles before he stood up. He caught a whiff of something foul and after looking for a minute found that it was him, he hadn't bathed since they had left the monastery days before it made him grimace. He heard running water when he was looking for the Goldenseal to help with Dimidium's scratch so that's where he would go this morning, he saw Dimidium with his cloak wrapped around her frame it made him laugh in his head a little as only her head was visible and their was something drawn in the snow in front of her which she must of done in the night while he was asleep. "Dimidium, their is a stream near by, i'm going to go bathe myself. Once I get back we'll keep going north."
He walked away without waiting for a response from the woman, as he walked the sound of the stream got louder and louder until he crested a small hill. As he looked down he saw it, the stream was of a moderate size and was flowing at a middle speed not quite fast enough to be dangerous but not slow enough to be stagnant. He walked down to the bank and decided to first wash his clothes but first he started a small fire where he would be able to dry them, he started with his shirt and worked his way down until he was wearing no more clothes he put them on a log near the fire so they would be able to dry from the heat.
He stepped into the stream and walked until he was in the middle, it was cold at first until he channeled some lighting magic through his body heating his skin up and slowly the water around him heated up as well. While Anton was a mage and getting on in his age though thirty wasn't quite that old he took care of his body, he was in better shape than men ten years his junior as wiry muscle framed his bones but no matter how fit he was it didn't help when he was struck by a blade as seen by several scars along both his arms and body. As he washed himself he relaxed himself, despite the events of the day before Anton held no anger or sadness as he woke up as he had learned in the years since Medina's death that if he held onto the anger and rage then he would push away those he still had left and he was more prone to mistakes when he was angry. He leaned back and floated in the water, he would enjoy this for a bit.​

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium glanced towards Anton when he awoke. She practically felt his laughter as she looked away from him, her drawing in the snow getting bigger with time. The girl heard the prophet say something about a stream and bathing after he sniffed himself. She opened to mouth to say hello or something of the matter, but he left before she had time to say anything. The demigod watched the man walk off as she mimicked his gesture and sniffed her clothes. Dimidium didn't find something wrong with her scent and shrugged the thought away. She glanced back to her drawing and it soon was larger than before.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium glanced towards Anton when he awoke. She practically felt his laughter as she looked away from him, her drawing in the snow getting bigger with time. The girl heard the prophet say something about a stream and bathing after he sniffed himself. She opened to mouth to say hello or something of the matter, but he left before she had time to say anything. The demigod watched the man walk off as she mimicked his gesture and sniffed her clothes. Dimidium didn't find something wrong with her scent and shrugged the thought away. She glanced back to her drawing and it soon was larger than before.
Anton had finished and felt much better, he ran a current through his body just as he had done in the water to heat heat his skin making the water steam off his body. He put his clothes on before dousing the fire he had made with some frost. He walked back at a sedate pace, as he got back in the camp he saw that the fire from the night before was now just smoldering embers and Dimidium was still drawing in the snow and this got him curious. He walked up next to her and looked at what she was drawing. "What are you drawing Dimidium?" Anton asked genuinely interested as he hadn't seen Dimidium do anything like this yet and while she had only been out of the Hollow for a few days so he didn't expect to know everything about her, though she knew quite a lot about him...hmm. Either way back to his point, he knew next to nothing about Dimidium and it kinda made him feel guilty but it was hard to get a read on someone who had only a few days around someone else and had been isolated for so long.​

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium glanced up to Anton and stared up at him for a few moments. It was hard to tell if what he asked was processing through her mind, but after a moment she finally spoke. "What I remember the bright part of the Hollow looking like." The girl slowly glanced back down at the drawing before she stood and walked from the drawing. The demigod only draw what she saw in her head, inexpressive as the sound of crunching sounded under her as she walked. Dimidium glanced over at Anton over her shoulder, waiting for him to go as she took his words from earlier seriously.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium glanced up to Anton and stared up at him for a few moments. It was hard to tell if what he asked was processing through her mind, but after a moment she finally spoke. "What I remember the bright part of the Hollow looking like." The girl slowly glanced back down at the drawing before she stood and walked from the drawing. The demigod only draw what she saw in her head, inexpressive as the sound of crunching sounded under her as she walked. Dimidium glanced over at Anton over her shoulder, waiting for him to go as she took his words from earlier seriously.
He shrugged and walked with the woman who had become his travailing partner, starting their third day of walking north. The image she had drawn was filed away in his memory for later, as they walked the air grew colder again but the amount of snow on the ground grew smaller and smaller as their legs chewed up ground while the forest they had been in got smaller and smaller until they were walking in grass plains. This was a good indicator that they were getting closer to their destination.

(Question Crim, would you like to keep going with Dimidium and Anton's journey or would you like to get to Latrosalus in the next few posts?)​

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium lightly shivered at the cold as she walked. She bundled herself more from the cold with Anton's cloak, holding the inside of the cloak and holding the collar up with her hands. "So windy... Is it always this windy?" She frowned from behind the cloak's collar and breathed softly as the warm air from her mouth absorb into the cloak. The girl endured the cold as much as she could, powering through the snow until Anton told her to stop to rest again.

Dimidium
Human Realm

Dimidium lightly shivered at the cold as she walked. She bundled herself more from the cold with Anton's cloak, holding the inside of the cloak and holding the collar up with her hands. "So windy... Is it always this windy?" She frowned from behind the cloak's collar and breathed softly as the warm air from her mouth absorb into the cloak. The girl endured the cold as much as she could, powering through the snow until Anton told her to stop to rest again.
"Always when you get this far north." He spoke. They walked for about another hour before they came upon a large hill, as they walked to the top and looked forwards they saw what they had been searching for. The once great city of Latrosalus sitting as if it had never been abandoned, a large lake circled the city but the odd thing was that the water almost looked as if it was boiling. "The kingdom was built in what was thought to of once been a volcano that heats the ground and the city letting it sit this far north, once their had been a bridge with that being the only way in but that has long since eroded away now the only way in are the boats." Anton pointed down near the bank on the great lake and sure enough their were several boats, they had always been there as long as Anton was able to remember from what he had read and seen. They had to be marked in runes keeping them from degrading or they would of rotted long ago. "As we go down the air will get hotter, it's about 90 degrees on the water's surface while the water itself sits around 212 degrees and apparently the city itself is cooler but warmer than the land that surrounds it." Anton said as he started down the hill to the lake.

(Sorry if I took some liberties with your Kingdom, I was just trying to think of a way to make the kingdom seem possible this far north so I went with a caldera of a former volcano hope that was alright.)

Status
Not open for further replies.