Medieval Times: Ventorum [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimidium
The Hollow -> Human Realm
Interaction: Anton - @Dakota K5

Dimidium watched as Anton left before her gaze drifted towards clothes scattered about. She glanced towards a large wooden wardrobe, tilting her head with confusion. "He didn't really tell me much about that thing..." She huffed and walked over to the wardrobe as the sound of her bare feet hitting the floor sounded through the room, in awe for a brief moment at the unusual furniture. The demigod shook her head to return from the trance as she opened the door. Dimidium peeked inside the cracked doors cautiously, opening the doors fully when she saw it was safe to open. She looked down and noticed evidence of dust, covering many pieces of clothing. "Hasn't been touched much lately, I'm guessing." The girl fumble around with the clothes on the rack and below them as she looked for something with little to no dust.

Dimidium's eyes and hands stopped on one dress that caught her attention. It was dark, yet soft colors of purple and blue. It felt smooth and soft to the touch. She grabbed it and gently pulled it out, hoping to not mess up the neatly folded clothes in the wardrobe. After taking off the linen cloth and putting on the dress with the accessories that was inside the dress, the demigod adjusted the clothes and made sure everything fit properly. Once she was done, there was one accessory she didn't know what to do with. A dark blue ribbon, trimmed with white. Dimidium placed the ribbon in several areas, but decided on one: the top of her head. She thought that it would help get some of her long hair from her eyes, a hindrance when she would have to fight.

"Humans need foot gear, too, right?" The girl glanced down and looked for something to wear on her feet, her eyes locking on a pair of black boots near the wardrobe. After grabbing them and several moments of trying to see how they were suppose to be put on, she finally got them on and fastened them. They were a tight snug, but she didn't feel much discomfort. When she was certain she was finally done, she folded the linen cloth and placed it inside the wardrobe before she closed the doors. Dimidium ventured back into the hall where they came from and her eyes scanned for Anton, walking to him when she saw him. "Are you still feeling weak, Anton the Prophet?"
"Call me Anton most don't use my title." Anton looked her up and down. "The clothing suites you and no most of my exhaustion is gone but their is only one way to tell." He said before five electric charges formed on his fingers before rolling down into his palm forming a large ball before he threw it at one of the stone walls, the ball shattered for the lack of a better term letting arcs flow up, down and across the wall leaving a lichtenberg figure style of burn in the stone. "No straining or fatigue...I would say I am fine but what about you? We have a long journey in front of us." Anton asked Dimidium, while he didn't doubt her ability it was more the mental part as the trip north was more a mental battle then a physical one as the paths were not as...worn as some and it could be draining seeing forest and plains for days on end, it made it seem like you were making no progress.

Reactions: CrimDemon
Dimidium

Dimidium tilted her head again, before straightening it back. She wondered if he didn't like his title that much, or if she said something wrong. "Apologies, Anton. I'm still not used to addressing others properly." The demigod stiffened slightly as she watched the prophet's hand in curiosity, wondering what he was going to do. Dimidium's eyes widened at Anton's power, her eyes following thawe-struck once more. Most would run from such power, but it merely intrigued the girl. She snapped out of her awe as he asked if he she'd be fine. "I'm sure I will be fine, I can assure that." She mustered up a brief reassuring smile, quickly switching her expression back to her blank look after the smile gave her face a weird sensation. "Why do you ask?"

Dimidium

Dimidium tilted her head again, before straightening it back. She wondered if he didn't like his title that much, or if she said something wrong. "Apologies, Anton. I'm still not used to addressing others properly." The demigod stiffened slightly as she watched the prophet's hand in curiosity, wondering what he was going to do. Dimidium's eyes widened at Anton's power, her eyes following thawe-struck once more. Most would run from such power, but it merely intrigued the girl. She snapped out of her awe as he asked if he she'd be fine. "I'm sure I will be fine, I can assure that." She mustered up a brief reassuring smile, quickly switching her expression back to her blank look after the smile gave her face a weird sensation. "Why do you ask?"
"The path we will take is...mundane and repetitive, forest and plains and sometimes it feels like you are making no progress and that makes people want to turn back." He tilted his head before speaking again. "You should smile more, you look better when you smile. Anyway we should get going we will be able to make six miles in three hours before we take a break then repeat until the sun sets, that pace should get us where we are going in two or so weeks hopefully the war will be over by then and we won't need to use more violence." He said as he motioned for her to follow as they left the monastery. "If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, talking will pass the time quicker."

Dimidium

"The 'smiling' feels odd, though. Such a strange feeling..." Dimidium quickly followed after Anton as they walked out with him and they exited the monastery, behind him towards the right. She was willing to wait as long as it took and she was sure she could mentally handle it, harboring enough patience. Trees and rocks, and whatnot, didn't discourage her and she thought it would be better than nothing. "I will tell you if I require something. Or if I need an answer." The demigod glanced around the area again as her bright eyes darted from object to object. The girl listened to their footsteps, stopping for only a moment to see if she could sync her footsteps with the prophet's.

Dimidium

"The 'smiling' feels odd, though. Such a strange feeling..." Dimidium quickly followed after Anton as they walked out with him and they exited the monastery, behind him towards the right. She was willing to wait as long as it took and she was sure she could mentally handle it, harboring enough patience. Trees and rocks, and whatnot, didn't discourage her and she thought it would be better than nothing. "I will tell you if I require something. Or if I need an answer." The demigod glanced around the area again as her bright eyes darted from object to object. The girl listened to their footsteps, stopping for only a moment to see if she could sync her footsteps with the prophet's.
Between rests and walking it had taken them eight hours to go 30 miles, a rather decent distance. The sun was setting, Anton knew it was time to make a camp. "We will make camp here, the sun will be gone soon and I'd rather get a fire going with some daylight left rather then in the dark." he went about finding wood and kindling while making a spot for the fire itself, while he was getting the wood he had killed a few squirrels in the surrounding area with some small strikes of static. He got the fire going with another spark and started to skin the squirrels for cooking, while he was doing this he was not paying Dimidium any attention as it was all focused on the fire and the food. He was methodical in his work keeping his mind off how much this reminded him of his mercenary days.

Dimidium

Dimidium nodded and scanned the area, glancing towards the direction they came from. When she saw that no one was following the two, she relaxed slightly and sat on her knees. The girl stared over towards the prophet as he gathered the wood and killed the squirrels. To the demigod, the man seemed quite swift with his task as she was sitting by his logs. "You're a quite quick with... what you're doing." She watched Anton intently, mesmerized by the fire and the dead creatures he was starting to cook. "What kind of creature is that?" Dimidium leaned forward slightly as she stared at the cooking animal, blatant curiosity spread across her face.

Dimidium

Dimidium nodded and scanned the area, glancing towards the direction they came from. When she saw that no one was following the two, she relaxed slightly and sat on her knees. The girl stared over towards the prophet as he gathered the wood and killed the squirrels. To the demigod, the man seemed quite swift with his task as she was sitting by his logs. "You're a quite quick with... what you're doing." She watched Anton intently, mesmerized by the fire and the dead creatures he was starting to cook. "What kind of creature is that?" Dimidium leaned forward slightly as she stared at the cooking animal, blatant curiosity spread across her face.
"Squirrel." He spoke only the single word as he made sure not to burn the meat. "They are all over this land, hard to get if a person doesn't know what they are doing but if you know how you would be able to live off of them at least until winter." He has taken two off that were done, he handed one to Dimidium. "All of the meat is edible, the bones are small though make sure not to swallow one you may start to choke. So I must ask what are your powers exactly?" He asked, while he knew the god of change had power to well make change he knew not if his daughter would be able to do the same or if her power was different.

Dimidium

"Squirrel..." Dimidium repeated the word as she gently took the cooked squirrel from Anton's grasp, bringing it to her face and sniffing it lightly. She opened her mouth and bit into it, the flavor of the animal interesting. The demigod tore into the cooked rabbit, trying to keep herself from eating it like an animal. The prophet's question snatched her attention, her bright red eyes darting to him. "My powers?" The girl moved the cooked rabbit from her mouth as she lowered it, inches away from her lap. "To create and to destroy, to put it simply. Not like my father, though. Compared to his power, I am a novice." Dimidium bit into the small animal again as she pulled her eyes from Anton to look at the fire, pulling some of the meat with her canine teeth.

Dimidium

"Squirrel..." Dimidium repeated the word as she gently took the cooked squirrel from Anton's grasp, bringing it to her face and sniffing it lightly. She opened her mouth and bit into it, the flavor of the animal interesting. The demigod tore into the cooked rabbit, trying to keep herself from eating it like an animal. The prophet's question snatched her attention, her bright red eyes darting to him. "My powers?" The girl moved the cooked rabbit from her mouth as she lowered it, inches away from her lap. "To create and to destroy, to put it simply. Not like my father, though. Compared to his power, I am a novice." Dimidium bit into the small animal again as she pulled her eyes from Anton to look at the fire, pulling some of the meat with her canine teeth.
"Hmm." Anton hummed, their were laws of nature that would not allow that power but this was a demigod so the ability to ignore some of those rules. "Are you limited by your imagination or is their some kind of limitations you need to follow, for example my lightning is not true lightning but concentrated static that I control." Anton was very curious now, he was a mage after all and magic especially a new form of it got his attention. Creation and destruction were two things that were out of reach for most and only imitated by few. "I apologize if I seem to enthusiastic but as a user of magic anything new is something of interest to me and your power while the same as your father is not seen often in a true form here in this realm."

Dimidium

Dimidium shook her head and glanced towards Anton as she smiled slightly, amused by the curiosity. "You're fine. Learning is a good thing. Since you are sharing information about the world, it's only fair that I share information about me." The demigod finished up the cooked rabbit and placed her hands on her lap. She noted the flavor of the rabbit, savoring it as long as she could before it faded away. "I'm not sure. If I would say, I believe it is up to what imagination I have. Without a conduit; however, my powers of destruction is deadly so I usually keep the imagination away. " The girl glanced up towards the ever-changing sky, the last of the sun's light fading behind the trees. It would have been weird to those that have seen sunsets countless of times, but Dimidium couldn't help but stare. "This realm is so different than the Hollow."

Dimidium

Dimidium shook her head and glanced towards Anton as she smiled slightly, amused by the curiosity. "You're fine. Learning is a good thing. Since you are sharing information about the world, it's only fair that I share information about me." The demigod finished up the cooked rabbit and placed her hands on her lap. She noted the flavor of the rabbit, savoring it as long as she could before it faded away. "I'm not sure. If I would say, I believe it is up to what imagination I have. Without a conduit; however, my powers of destruction is deadly so I usually keep the imagination away. " The girl glanced up towards the ever-changing sky, the last of the sun's light fading behind the trees. It would have been weird to those that have seen sunsets countless of times, but Dimidium couldn't help but stare. "This realm is so different than the Hollow."
"You should see the aurora in the north, grand snakes of color dance in the sky. Shades of green, purple and blue grow an shrink with the ever ebb and flow of the night until the sun rises and snuffs the lights out until it sets again letting darkness take it's place once again. I will take you to see them someday." Anton said as he reminisced about years gone by, when he was just a child being trained in magic when life was so much simpler but he must focus on the present as their were more pressing matters like getting Dimidium something to focus her magic.

[BG=white]
33153635_205x291.jpeg

Catherine Mariette | Location: Vestoria | Apparel: X | Feeling: Confident | Partner: X[/BG][BG=white]
As she neared the kingdom, Catherine could see the undead soldiers at the gate and the knights who were fighting them. Looking around, Catherine looked for a way to get atop the wall. As she did so, she noticed how low that dragons tail swung. A thought hit her and Catherine smirked in victory. Switching her direction, Catherine ran directly at a tall knight. When she was a little ways away from him, she jumped. Landing on the knight, she jumped off his head and because of what she was, Catherine made the jump. Landing on the tail, Catherine felt safer and walked up to the head of the Dragon. As she stood there, Catherine looked down at the knights who could see her clearly. Catherine got to her knees and gently ran a hand over the Dragons head. "I understand you're angry, but this won't resolve anything. If you bring down this kingdom, the others will see you as a threat and they will send all their men to kill you. They will track you for days on end and attack as soon as they get a chance. I know you want revenge, but perhaps you should retreat for now, come up with a fool proof plan, then attack as a proud King." She explained, hoping that the Dragon before her would understand. She didn't show to be a threat, and instead acted like a friend. Catherine didn't believe in the blood shed of those who don't deserve it. "Think of it this way. You say they killed you yet you are here today, a proud Dragon with the Flames of Hell as your weapon. Surely killing them now would make the gods think less of you? Now that you're here, living, why not live life? Be yourself and do what you enjoy. Don't make trouble for the people, okay?" She asked, her voice soothing. As she spoke, Catherine's eyes were on the knights and the women on the castle, daring them to attack while she tried to calm him. She ran her hand over the Dragons head, wondering if that helped in any way. She knew how he felt, more than anyone, yet she subdued that anger and after having fun living life, it just left her. She knew he could do it if he tried, and she wanted to help him. Help him see the light that leads to the wonder-filled future.

@Edward @_Anyone
[/BG]​
[BG=white]
[/BG]

Dimidium

"I hope I'll see them soon. They sound interesting." Dimidium stared for a couple of more moments before her eyes drifted down once the sun disappeared. She frowned that the sun was gone, her eyes locked on the fire again. She pushed the remnants of the cooked squirrel into the fire as she held her hand close to the flame, her face lacking fear of burning from the fire. The demigod wondered to herself once more as she glanced towards Anton, a questioning look in her blank eyes. "What kind of objects could be a conduit? I've heard tales that many mages use staves to focus or amplify their power; however, I don't think wood would be the best..."

Dimidium

"I hope I'll see them soon. They sound interesting." Dimidium stared for a couple of more moments before her eyes drifted down once the sun disappeared. She frowned that the sun was gone, her eyes locked on the fire again. She pushed the remnants of the cooked squirrel into the fire as she held her hand close to the flame, her face lacking fear of burning from the fire. The demigod wondered to herself once more as she glanced towards Anton, a questioning look in her blank eyes. "What kind of objects could be a conduit? I've heard tales that many mages use staves to focus or amplify their power; however, I don't think wood would be the best..."
"Heh, most of those stories of magi using wooden objects are mostly false and the ones that are true are normally wood from trees that had something of great importance happen to it. I hope that somewhere at our destination we will find something already made to help you but if not then I will need to make something also you're going to burn yourself if you get any nearer to the fire." He was silent as he thought, she was going to need something that would allow both hands free but also affect the world around her as her powers at least from what they do would affect the world around her but the only thing that would do that is...he hopes it won't be that, he hopes their will be something where they are going, he prayed that their would be something in Latrosalus that would help Dimidium but despite Anton's desperate pleas in his head he knew somewhere in his mind that their would be nothing to help Dimidium in Latrosalus and though he would not acknowledge it now he would need to in the future and he would need that.

Dimidium

Dimidium slowly moved her hand away from the fire, her red eyes reflecting the fire as she scooted slightly away from it. She frowned that the idea was false, but she shrugged the thought away; she knew not even told to her was true. "I thought I'd ask. Wooden objects would break too easily. Perhaps something stronger than wood would suffice?" The demigod tried thinking of the word in her head, words rolling around in her brain. She heard of something humans use that is stronger than wood and wouldn't break as easily. "What is that substance...?" Dimidium was mumbling to herself as she wondered about the item in question, holding her chin with her thumb and index finger.

Dimidium

Dimidium slowly moved her hand away from the fire, her red eyes reflecting the fire as she scooted slightly away from it. She frowned that the idea was false, but she shrugged the thought away; she knew not even told to her was true. "I thought I'd ask. Wooden objects would break too easily. Perhaps something stronger than wood would suffice?" The demigod tried thinking of the word in her head, words rolling around in her brain. She heard of something humans use that is stronger than wood and wouldn't break as easily. "What is that substance...?" Dimidium was mumbling to herself as she wondered about the item in question, holding her chin with her thumb and index finger.
"We will need a special stone, I feel that you would benefit from keeping both hands free. The stone we would need is...rare, rarer than gold or silver and I only know of one place to find it, but I am only going to get it if nothing else works. Unless you know of something we could find and use." He said as he leaned and stretched with a yawn while he leaned against a tree and looked at the fire, he looked at the book of tzeentch thinking it might of had a solution but he would look at it in the morning but right now he was to tired.

Dimidium

Dimidium was deep in thought that she almost didn't hear what Anton said, thinking out loud to herself as she started tapping her finger against her chin. "It would need to be stronger than silver or gold. I do not need to use both hands. As long as I have one hand free, that would be enough." She threw more words into her head, thinking hard enough to give someone else a headache. After moments of thinking, the name of the metal she heard of echoed through her head. Mithril. That was what she remembered hearing. She heard it was a metal that could be easily held and could withstand magic the best. The demigod turned to ask the prophet if he knew about the metal, but quickly closed her mouth when she saw him lean against a tree. "Tired? I will stay awake and watch then." Pulling her out must of been very hard on his body, so she wasn't surprised if he was tired from today. Dimidium glanced back to the fire watched as the embers flew around above them.

Dimidium

Dimidium was deep in thought that she almost didn't hear what Anton said, thinking out loud to herself as she started tapping her finger against her chin. "It would need to be stronger than silver or gold. I do not need to use both hands. As long as I have one hand free, that would be enough." She threw more words into her head, thinking hard enough to give someone else a headache. After moments of thinking, the name of the metal she heard of echoed through her head. Mithril. That was what she remembered hearing. She heard it was a metal that could be easily held and could withstand magic the best. The demigod turned to ask the prophet if he knew about the metal, but quickly closed her mouth when she saw him lean against a tree. "Tired? I will stay awake and watch then." Pulling her out must of been very hard on his body, so she wasn't surprised if he was tired from today. Dimidium glanced back to the fire watched as the embers flew around above them.
Anton's mind was already near sleep so when she spoke it sounded as if she was a few hundred feet away, he grunted when she asked if he was tired and soon he was asleep. The next day would hopefully bring more of the same repetitive walking as Anton would rather avoid conflict if they could.
(Yay shortest post so far.)

Dimidium

Dimidium continued to watch the fire as Anton started to sleep. She herself didn't feel tired, having slept for ages before the man summoned her out of the Hollow. The demigod focused her hearing on the sounds of a couple of crickets chirping in the distance. It sounded calming to the girl. Like a lullaby. After a while, the fire had died down and she sat in the dark. Dimidium would wait for Anton until he awoke and would withdraw into her thoughts in the mean time. She would stay in her mind, at least until something that immediately needed her attention.

Several hours later...

Dimidium returned to her senses and turned her head to a sudden light in the distance. It was faint and slow, but the sky was changing again. To her it, was like sorcery; the cycle of night and day was abnormal to her. The awe was back again on the blank face. The girl glanced towards Anton to ask, forgetting that he had fallen asleep hours before. "How long do humans normally sleep?" The demigod huffed and stood up, bored from sitting for so long. She walked away from the prophet and glanced around, looking over her shoulder to make sure Anton was still asleep and in her view. She turned her head back, walking on to venture while the man slept.

Although she was quite a bit away, Dimidium stayed within earshot in case Anton awoke and called out to her. As she walked, she noticed a couple of flowers next to one of the trees. The girl lightly poke the bud of one of the flowers as she stared at it. "I wonder what this is..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Anton
Forrest
Mention: Dimidium
Anton's dreamless sleep had ended when the first rays of sunlight had peeked on the horizon a habit born from his mercenary years he mused. He was able to here Dimidium walk away but not so far as to where she would not be able to here him if he called, he slowly sat up and turned his head to look at the woman and saw how she was looking at the budding flowers making him laugh a bit on the inside as he felt her wonder and curiosity throw their bond. He would let her experience what she wanted to, it would be better than being trapped in the Hollow at all times. He leaned his head against the tree and let the rays of the sun warm him while he waited for Dimidium to finish what she was doing.​

Status
Not open for further replies.