2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Animal based, Scifi, Modern, Horror, Comedy, Slice of life.
[BCOLOR=transparent]Before you read this, I'm gonna need you to suspend your belief of science and logic, because I know nothing about any of that but I do know that I want to make a sci-fi rp.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]RP Name: MARS[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Setting: Mars[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Playable Characters: Scientists (and stuff), Military and Civilians / And eventually hostile alien crusaders[/BCOLOR]
Lore

SUMMARY
[BCOLOR=transparent]It's September 17, 2017 and after 260 days aboard the Atlas IV, you have reached Mars where you will aid in the creation of the first settlement in space. The inhabitants of the settlement are made up of three groups, the first being the Planetary Stability and Maintenance Officers (P.S.M.Os). PSMOs have been trained in scientific, medical and engineering maneuvers in order to preserve the well being of the rest of the settlement inhabitants as well as their new home on Mars.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] The second group to make up the settlement are the brave militia who volunteered to give up their lives on Earth to protect the Mars settlement. These brave men and women are trained in defensive, offensive and strategic combat. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And finally, the last group to make up the settlement, are the civilian volunteers. The civilian volunteers are a sizeable group of healthy men aged 18 to 40 and women aged 18 to 35. These civilians have one of the most important duties of the settlement, and that duty is to reproduce and become parents to the a generation of human martians.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]During the course of your new life on Mars, you will create friendships, make enemies, have children. You'll petition for a more cohesive society or maybe you'll even try to usurp power from another group. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But in the end, everyone will have to work together to fend off the attack of a bloodthirsty alien race who's only goal is to conquer the universe. (This part won't happen until way later though. I want you guys to get nice and comfy before the fire nation attacks the conflict starts).[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Here's is a link to the Info Dump, which holds more and extensive information on this rp: More Info[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
are you looking for more people because this is so cool i tried to make a roleplay intrest check and no one responded sob
Thank you and yes I'm still accepting more peeps! And gimme the link to your interest check, maybe I'll be interested or I can give you some tips. :3

I have a random question, thanks to some plotting @King and I have been doing for this. Would we be able to establish preexisting relationships between characters, romantic or otherwise? Like, would a PSMO and a civilian be able to be married before joining the crew of the Atlas IV, or could a couple of military people be friends from way back, or anything along those lines?
I'm super sorry for not answering this sooner, Spectre, I didn't see it. >_<

Yes, preexisting relationships are welcome and encouraged! PSMOs can be married to civilians or other PSMOs or even the military, however the child bearing member of that union, will not be able to produce any children, as the settlement can't spare any vacancies in the military or PSMO areas at the moment.

And as for the whole pre-marriage thingie, here's where it gets a little iffy. So pairings are made based on personality traits and genes, so an established couple may look good to each other but not to the PSMOs responsible for rearing the future human martian generation. So basically Tom and Jenny might love love love each other but PSMO Greg thinks that Jenny would better suit Martin when it comes to popping out some babies, and that would take priority. But after Jenny is done making a baby she can return to Tom if she wants. :D

• Love
Reactions: Spectre of the Fade
@King @BearEnthusiast @mr_pibbs @kuukakulily @Viral @Hallu @arcadian.gael @Deathwatch101 (Wasn't sure if you were still interested, but tagged just in case) @Gremory @Spectre of the Fade

The Lore page is finished with some minor edits! And here is the Sign Ups, three days early! (:D)

I'm going to see if I can't get this interest check moved to the ooc area, so we don't have too many threads to cycle between.

Edit: Turns out I forgot to add appearances to some npcs (PSMO directors and Military generals) in the lore page, but that's relatively minor, so keep on!

Last edited:
  • Love
Alright, thanks for the answer to the first one. Definitely good to know. c: Another question. Are military personnel limited to the Air Force or equivalent branches, or can we choose another one like Navy or Marines?

Alright, thanks for the answer to the first one. Definitely good to know. c: Another question. Are military personnel limited to the Air Force or equivalent branches, or can we choose another one like Navy or Marines?
I'd prefer airforce because thats the closest military branch to space (i looked up space military and thats not a thing apparently >_>). However I will allow limited personnel from other branches, if you can justify their presence on the settlement. Those personnel would still answer to the Air Force generals though.

@King @BearEnthusiast @mr_pibbs @kuukakulily @Viral @Hallu @arcadian.gael @Gremory @Spectre of the Fade

RP Note: I am allowing limited positions from other military branches.

I forgot to link the non officer air force ranks, so not all military need to be big bosses, they can be basic too. (Other military branches are excluded from this)

Edit: This is now included in the CS

Somehow I neglected to talk about water in the lore? XD So I'll add a bit about that, but I'll also post it here so you guys dont have to dig through the lore to find it.

Earth in this rp is the same as ours from the history to the most recent president.

Ummm I am almost done creating the alien species, but they still wont make any appearance until later on but tell me if you want to play one. :3

Last edited:
@King @BearEnthusiast @mr_pibbs @kuukakulily @Viral @Hallu @arcadian.gael @Gremory @Spectre of the Fade

Sorry to keep tagging you guys, but how do you feel about a Discord server?

Also here is the update about water on the settlement:

[BCOLOR=transparent]Water[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]As water cannot be sent through space, the settlement has a large supply of powdered water which the agriculture division of the PSMOs, turns into liquid through a series of careful purification processes involving silver. Water is kept in a large tank in the PSMO district and transported through a pipeline to the cafeteria for the civilians. Both ends of the pipe are insulated with silver to further prevent releasing tainted water.
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I also added a link for lower level air force ranks[/BCOLOR]

• Love
Discord server
Discord! Discord! Discord!
Hah. Um, I'd like that, mostly because it's easier for me to poke at that when there's a roleplay update or whatnot than it is for me to hop on Iwaku, but I'm good without one.

And, thanks for the clarification. c: I'll scheme up some reasons for my Royal Marine to earn a spot.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
Wait do we have a CS? Or is the OoC up?

The Lore page is finished with some minor edits! And here is the Sign Ups, three days early! (:D)

I'm going to see if I can't get this interest check moved to the ooc area, so we don't have too many threads to cycle between.
@mr_pibbs

There you go! This thread is the OOC now, thanks to the lovely mods.

@King @BearEnthusiast @mr_pibbs @kuukakulily @Viral @Hallu @arcadian.gael @Gremory @Spectre of the Fade @Who

Hey guys, so it's come to my attention that I made a mistake in the lore and stated that only female PSMOs and Military can't be included in the pairing system, when I mean to say that neither male nor female PSMO/Military can be included.
I just wanted to apologize to all those who thought that the Military and PSMO could have kids and were planning their characters based on that factor.

@King @BearEnthusiast @mr_pibbs @kuukakulily @Viral @Hallu @arcadian.gael @Gremory @Spectre of the Fade @Who

Hey guys, so it's come to my attention that I made a mistake in the lore and stated that only female PSMOs and Military can't be included in the pairing system, when I mean to say that neither male nor female PSMO/Military can be included.
I just wanted to apologize to all those who thought that the Military and PSMO could have kids and were planning their characters based on that factor.
like Dae-Hyun would want to have children anyway
no really its okay though, it seemed pretty obvious for me at least

• Thank You

I figured as much, too. Works just fine for me. c:

• Thank You
@arcadian.gael
Dae-Hyun Ahn is accepted! The Defense Team welcomes him with open arm wings! :D I do want to say that the link to the tattoo is going to a general search for me instead of one picture. O.O That might just be me though.

Anywho, I think Dae and Amira could be friends! :D And if they get close enough she can mock him cause of his shortness. :D And also and this is super craaaay but I've been listening to kpop pandora for the past few days and BTS came up a lot!

@Beowulf @Akashi @Alexis @Shizuochan @~Happily.Ever.After~ @~Dark Disney~ @DarkiusHeavenstein @Felilla @Elle Joyner @Vaniteux (Do you know how long it took me to find you Shattered?!! >_<)

Tagging y'all in case any of you puppers are interested. ^_^ We are in dire need of more civilians and PSMOs T_T
XD. Sorry, but you found me XD.

And been trying to keep my rps short so will look this over since we are friends, but don't know if I will join yet. Will let you know tomorrow. Just got home from work and I'm tired so talk tomorrow XD.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.