2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Animal based, Scifi, Modern, Horror, Comedy, Slice of life.
[BCOLOR=transparent]Before you read this, I'm gonna need you to suspend your belief of science and logic, because I know nothing about any of that but I do know that I want to make a sci-fi rp.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]RP Name: MARS[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Setting: Mars[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Playable Characters: Scientists (and stuff), Military and Civilians / And eventually hostile alien crusaders[/BCOLOR]
Lore

SUMMARY
[BCOLOR=transparent]It's September 17, 2017 and after 260 days aboard the Atlas IV, you have reached Mars where you will aid in the creation of the first settlement in space. The inhabitants of the settlement are made up of three groups, the first being the Planetary Stability and Maintenance Officers (P.S.M.Os). PSMOs have been trained in scientific, medical and engineering maneuvers in order to preserve the well being of the rest of the settlement inhabitants as well as their new home on Mars.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] The second group to make up the settlement are the brave militia who volunteered to give up their lives on Earth to protect the Mars settlement. These brave men and women are trained in defensive, offensive and strategic combat. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And finally, the last group to make up the settlement, are the civilian volunteers. The civilian volunteers are a sizeable group of healthy men aged 18 to 40 and women aged 18 to 35. These civilians have one of the most important duties of the settlement, and that duty is to reproduce and become parents to the a generation of human martians.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]During the course of your new life on Mars, you will create friendships, make enemies, have children. You'll petition for a more cohesive society or maybe you'll even try to usurp power from another group. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But in the end, everyone will have to work together to fend off the attack of a bloodthirsty alien race who's only goal is to conquer the universe. (This part won't happen until way later though. I want you guys to get nice and comfy before the fire nation attacks the conflict starts).[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Here's is a link to the Info Dump, which holds more and extensive information on this rp: More Info[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
The info thread has been updated, and I'm still looking for interested players. :3

I'd be interested in such a roleplay. I've never done anything concerning space so it will be a refreshing challenge

Reactions: Mundane Monster
I'll show interest. Quick question: Which is closer to a policing force, the Defence team or the Minutes?
Hm...I suppose the Minutes would be closer to the police however they are limited as to what they can use to police the area (of course the rp gives you freedom to bend the rules as long as you don't get caught or the supervisor is turning a blind eye). The Minutes (unless they're particularly confident in their communication skills xD) carry nightsticks, hand cuffs and walkie talkies.

I'd be interested in such a roleplay. I've never done anything concerning space so it will be a refreshing challenge
I promise it'll be fun and super awesome. :3 And although it is set in space, it's not too complicated tech wise so it's a good rp for people new to space based (that rhymed! Kinda...) roleplays.

I'm interested in this idea. I really like the depth you've already gone into with all of it, like names of department heads and such, and I see so many potential characters to make. I'm definitely in.

I'm down for this if you're still looking for people ^^

I'm interested in this idea. I really like the depth you've already gone into with all of it, like names of department heads and such, and I see so many potential characters to make. I'm definitely in.
Wow, thanks!!

YASSSS. I'm in.

you already knew that mundane but i figured i'd go ahead and make it official with a post and everything
Glad to have dual confirmation, Magic Bear!

I'm down for this if you're still looking for people ^^
I still am and yes, welcome aboard!

Colour me interested, my eyes are on this 8)

Reactions: Spectre of the Fade
I'd prefer a few more people, however this amount is good too and people can still join after the sign ups is made. Anywho!

@King @BearEnthusiast @Spectre @mr_pibbs @kuukakulily @Viral

The Sign Ups will be created April 10th and the lore thread will be complete before then.

• Love
I have a random question, thanks to some plotting @King and I have been doing for this. Would we be able to establish preexisting relationships between characters, romantic or otherwise? Like, would a PSMO and a civilian be able to be married before joining the crew of the Atlas IV, or could a couple of military people be friends from way back, or anything along those lines?

Reactions: King
I'd be up for this!

Sounds good!

I have some interest but i also have a question:

Why would the governing regime that had the mars colony founded need a militia, do they expect some sort of threat from the populace etc

I have some interest but i also have a question:

Why would the governing regime that had the mars colony founded need a militia, do they expect some sort of threat from the populace etc

The military are present to enforce order among civilians or in case there is hostile life in space.

Also I did mention something about aliens in the lore, so you might wanna read that. ^_^

The military are present to enforce order among civilians or in case there is hostile life in space.

Also I did mention something about aliens in the lore, so you might wanna read that. ^_^

However, the alien species isn't know yet ? so they wouldn't produce a military to deal with them, though there is merit to having a militia for maintaining order, the militia would sort of become proxy controllers of the settlement as they have the weaponry ?

However, the alien species isn't know yet ? so they wouldn't produce a military to deal with them, though there is merit to having a militia for maintaining order, the militia would sort of become proxy controllers of the settlement as they have the weaponry ?
The alien species I have in mind isnt known yet but the US assumed that there might be hostile life in space, hence the military presence. The Military are second in command to the PSMOs.

Think of it like this: A village is a triangle, one point is life, the other is care and the last is protection. In other words, civilians, PSMO and Military.

are you looking for more people because this is so cool i tried to make a roleplay intrest check and no one responded sob

Status
Not open for further replies.