"We don't need to stop off for breakfast, I made sandwiches! I have bacon and egg sandwiches, 'cos that's sort of breakfast in a roll, and... and I thought if I brought food, it'd save time stopping off somewhere. You don't have to eat them, I... I can probably eat them all by myself," shrugged the teen. He may be naive and a little unaware, but it didn't take a genius to realise that he was probably annoying people. Tyrone barely looked at him and he saw Felix physically roll his eyes, so he promptly decided to just... well, shut up.

He had looked forward to this trip as soon as Pearl agreed, but five minutes in, he'd already grown uncomfortable and just wanted to go home already.

"... thanks," replied Tyrone quietly as he stared out the window, taking in another inhale. "Can I have one, then? Haven't eaten in a week, outside of some shitty cereal Felix and I picked up. I had plenty of food back at my place but they wouldn't let me back in once the crime scene was blocked off," he explained casually, even though his eyes seemed to go distant for a second. The minute he exhaled the smoke, though, did he return to normal. "It's all a bit stupid, I guess. I.... I mean, the cops are going to call your mom, by the way. You need to be a witness on the stand."

"That's... I dunno if we can do that," pipped Cain suddenly at the suggested, his eyes wide in horror. "No, no. I don't think it would be a good idea to tell our mother. She'll be angry, a-and... she'll make us move when she hears just how severe it all was. I don't want to leave, I... I sort of like it here."

"I don't mind, if it's something we gotta do, then we have to do it, Cain. Not being funny but Mom likes it here too. I don't think we'll be leaving, not now she has that cute detective all over her~! We'll be fine! We'll just say what happened and... and I can do that. It was horrible but I... can we not talk about it, actually? I-I want to be happy about this trip, not all sad," babbled Gabriel as he rummaged around in one of his backpacks before thrusting across two sandwiches to Tyrone. "I sort of made them especially for you, actually. I used to watch you in school, at lunch, and you always had lots of tomato sauce, so I... I put lots on the sandwiches. Is that weird? It might be weird, but I... I dunno, I was trying to do something nice--"

"It is nice. It's real nice, eh Tyrone? Nothing like a sandwich from your weird stalker-- joke, Gabe. I'm just kidding." Felix grinned, hungrily looking across at the sandwiches. "...Keep some back for me, yeah? We don't eat a lot in my house. My Mom's more into shoving cocaine up her nose than cooking a meal for us."

"It's delicious," he admitted after a good bite. He was actively told about not eating from strangers by his mother, but after not having a solid week of food, he had no problem accepting free food - that of which was absolutely delicious. "Seriously, you didn't have to do that, Gabe. It's... nice, though, seriously."

"You're welcome," grumbled the twin, that of whom had given up sleeping once feeling the bumps of the icy road. "He worked hard."

"Yeah? Really? I mean, I... I felt bad 'cos I... I ruined a lot for you-- BUT I'm willing to, like, do whatever I can to show you I'm sorry and... and I made a lot of sandwiches. Literally about 30. Mom got mad 'cos I used all the bread and made a right mess," began Gabriel as he pulled out a plain cheese sandwich for himself, sitting cuddled up in all his blankets and, with the soft noise of the radio in the background, was finally feeling excited again for the trip.

"Anyway, this'll be fun! We could stop off and take pictures for my scrapbook. I have one just for this trip. Is that corny? It's just... Cain and I have never had friends before and... and you guys are our only friends, so I want to make, like, a book of memories."

"We have a few from our old homes," Cain confirmed as he fiddled with his own blanket before choosing to lay besides his brother instead of laying along. "I made one, too. It's under my bed instead of on the bookshelf, though. I... I mean, this will be fun, yeah." He insisted, his eyes locking on Felix for approval as he nibbled on his lip.

"It IS cheesy, huh? I mean, I'm sorry... it just feels nice to make memories with people when we have to move so often."

"I mean, sure, it's cheesy-- but I ain't gonna judge you. Besides, cheesy things can be cute, and I think it's cute. I ain't a fan of selfies or nothin', but I can totally take a few with you guys. Tyrone's always taking photos of me for his fucking Snapchat, it'll be nice to at least voluntarily take part this time," grinned Felix in return, though wasn't going to push his best friend to join in on the conversation. He was hoping he would show glimpses of his usual self during the trip, but he was going to wait for it to happen organically, rather than force it out of him. He was hardly going to get better that way.

"You're the most photogenic person I know, Felix. Besides, it's always funny to watch a ton of girls DM you gushing about how cute you are and that they'd totally suck your dick for just the chance of talking to you face - to - face," Tyrone replied simply as he pulled said phone out, checking his notifications with a frown.

Meanwhile, Cain was left blushing hard as he watched the highway finally emerge into view. So, other people liked Felix? He couldn't blame them, of course, but the thought was daunting. He had nothing on literally anyone else at their school, so what made him special?

"Yeah, and I've always found it fucking disgusting-- I didn't go with any of these girls, Cain. Seriously, Ty, fucking shut up, yeah?" He muttered, the last part specifically aimed at his friend in a low breath. He had expressed his desire to use this trip as a way to get closer to Cain, telling Tyrone to be his wingman, almost, and ramble on about some cool stories that Felix had been involved in.

He did not, at any point, tell Tyrone to blurt out something that would hinder his progress with Cain, which is what he thought Tyrone had just done, obliviously or not.

"I'm not really into the whole sex thing-- unlike Tyrone over here who's always disappearing off with guys he meets on that weird dating app. You talk about me getting DMs. Dude, I've read your messages. They, like, burned my retinas, they're that fucking explicit."

"You're just jealous that your boyfriend here doesn't have a phone so you can take pics of yourself," he murmured before offering a smirk and a raised brow, though didn't look away from the screen until the familiar 'blink' from the phone could be heard. His eyes did eventually trail to the mirror to notice Cain's reddened cheeks did his smirk grow to a grin.

"Why is that? Why don't you two have your own phones instead of those shitty pay-per-use ones? I'm sure your mom has a normal phone, why not you?" He continued as he set the phone aside.

"I mean, she's not against the idea, we've just never asked. We... didn't see the point of a fancy, expensive phone when we've never have friends to message. We've always just needed a phone for emergencies, really," shrugged Gabriel, his eyes suddenly lighting up at the possibility that, if his mother did buy them each a smartphone, they could have friends to message.

It'd definitely help him feel more normal.

"Could I message you when-- if I get a new phone? Would that be rude, if I messaged you about, like, homework? Do you only let cool people message you? I...I'm kinda cool. I have a real nice rock collection. I paint them up, like, every colour of the rainbow, it's really cool."

"Only text the cool kids? I text Felix, don't I?" He teased, at least showing a small sign of his normal self. It wasn't fully there, of course, but it was an attempt at the least. Watching the Canadian pines pass on the highway, he glanced down at the GPS.

"I always wanted a social media account, but our mom says that the cult would find us easily that way," Cain explained, oblivious of how corny the rock collection was. "They could look at us and make a connection."

Grimacing at the mention of the cult, Gabriel did his best to shut down the conversational avenue and move on to a different topic entirely. It wasn't like the cult wasn't going to be mentioned on this trip, it was inevitable. He just wanted that to be after a few hours; not five minutes into the journey. It made him uncomfortable, really, and he was never great at facing topics that made him uncomfortable.

"...I'm gonna dye my hair soon. My Mom said I'd look cute as a blonde," he piped up, fiddling with his current black hair. "Platinum blonde, actually. Something totally different. I... I wanted a change. Cain's not identical to me, so it's not like I'm changing myself to look different to him. We look different anyway, like... he's got brown eyes, I've got blue eyes."

"You won't look anything like me..." he whispered, his tone wavering a tad in genuine upset. Sure, the two weren't very much the same in any sense outside of their parents and their shared ignorance towards normal social skills. He already had the eyes of their father, and to have his brother match their mother even more with the hair while leaving him to look like the man who had ruined his mother's life? It was a bit... unnerving, to say the least.

"That's... yeah. That'll look great," he reassured quietly as he wrapped the blanket around himself against the chill of the harsh winter outside. "No one will even know we're siblings, huh?"

"That's not why I'm dyeing my hair, to purposely look different! Why don't you dye your hair blonde too? I just want a change, Cain. I... I'm not being malicious o-or anything. I'm allowed to want to dye my hair just for the fun of it, without some horrible motive--"

"I think you'd look adorable as a blonde, Cain," beamed Felix, deciding to weigh in just to diffuse the growing tension between the twins. He didn't know what it was like to even have a sibling, let alone a twin, but he could clearly see that they didn't have a happy relationship at the moment, for whatever reason. Anything he could do to try and help out, he would do. This was his trip as well. "I mean, Tyrone's always, like, experimenting. I've gotten pretty good at helping him, I could totally dye your hair for you."

"... I don't want to go blonde," he admitted, his eyes avoiding his brother in shame. "I would look awful. It would contrast my outfits, like, really badly. Gabe would look good because everything he owns is so vibrant and happy, you know? You can dye your hair whatever you want, Gabe. You'd look good in... I dunno, bright orange, if you wanted to." He reassured, the guilt of complaining hitting him hard as he fiddled with his cuticles.

"I'm sorry," he continued, before deciding to carefully move to snatch a bottle of water, biting his lip. He had already grown a bit hungry after avoiding their usual liver and eggs breakfast, but he knew how to hold off that hunger long enough to be able to keep from tackling the other boys and biting out their necks.

He'd been glued to his brother's hip for long enough to know when he was hungry. He could almost sense it, sometimes, so he quietly had no hesitation in rummaging in the separate backpack for the special sandwiches he'd made for him and Cain, keeping them in a different bag so he didn't accidentally give Felix or Tyrone a slice of human brain in a bun.

"...Here. It's your favourite, okay? Mom managed to get her hand on the ingredients real quickly for us, so... so it's a nice treat," the twin smiled as he nudged the roll into his brother's hands. "Honestly, you need to eat."

Turning at the familiar smell, his eyes softened immediately as he took the sandwich. With an apologetic smile, he held the sandwich right before offering his brother a chaste kiss on the cheek as more proof of his thankfulness. Initially taking a small bite, Cain couldn't help but hum in content at the perfectly made, strange version of 'sloppy joes'.

"This is excellent," he admitted in a whisper as he took another bite, only to offer a bite to his brother as well. "Better, actually. She didn't have to get something so good, it's just a quick trip."

"I told her not to. I mean, we'd be fine with just a bacon sandwich or something, right? But she said she wanted to make sure we were, like, nourished," shrugged the younger of the twins as he happily pressed in to take a bit of the sandwich himself, subtly wiping his mouth free of the blood he'd drizzled over the inside of the bread. He could always say it was ketchup, sure, but he'd rather avoid that conversation with the other teens - he wasn't the best liar in the world.

"Besides, I didn't want us getting hungry. Bad stuff would have happened and... and I really want this to work. Felix likes you, Tyrone... he's at least here so that's... something."

"I wouldn't do anything bad, Gabriel," Cain protested as he continued to nibble. He was far less worried, clearly, as he took a larger bite before wrapping up the sandwich neatly. Just because they made plenty of sandwiches didn't mean he didn't intend on savoring them - it was rare to collect so many body parts.