Mage Guilds

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
You know what would be better than discussing what our chars can do?

An IC thread!

:D

Yeah, I'll get it up when I get home tomorrow.

Reactions: Razilin
But sanity is such a silly thing to admire. I'm far more fond of the insane sort of mage. Also studying for years sounds like such a bore when you can simply summon a demon and get your powers that way~ I shall now begin the process of constructing my character sheet.

Well, honestly I was suggesting it for balance reasons. Silver Owl already has two more members than Morningstar... Of course, if you do join them and we continue to be outnumbered, I'm going to suggest that we even the odds by making each individual from Morningstar be generally more powerful than those from Silver Owl, which actually seems to fit the lore as on average they seem to be more experienced and trained. That or Morningstar has better access to resources, helping them even the odds that way.

Depending on whether or not Sorena is edited.

I could make two characters, one for each faction, I simply wish to play a Warlock is all.

Reactions: Jade
How would the great (and may I say impressively powerful) Valentail Morningstar think about a boy, the son of a witch, whom had gained magic through his mother, therefore blood, and become a wizard, his abilities flourishing when it comes to the manipulation of alchemical properties due to his magic originating from the very alchemy-based witch magic due to being exposed to alchemical techniques all his life when helping his now retired witch of a mother. Would that be too corrupt?

• Love
There are merits to having a Druid with Selene's abilities on both sides.
On Owl Covenant's side, she can converse with the Meowls and organize them into a defense team.

On Morningstar's side, she can alert her faction mates to the presence of the Meowls.

I will first see where the newest additions land.

I don't think the Meowls themselves are much of a threat.

They aren't much bigger than a cat.

If push comes to shove, I can imagine Martin creating actual beasts of war that Selene could organise or warn of.

A good possibility.

How would the great (and may I say impressively powerful) Valentail Morningstar think about a boy, the son of a witch, whom had gained magic through his mother, therefore blood, and become a wizard, his abilities flourishing when it comes to the manipulation of alchemical properties due to his magic originating from the very alchemy-based witch magic due to being exposed to alchemical techniques all his life when helping his now retired witch of a mother. Would that be too corrupt?
"Yer sittin' on the cusp, kid, but we'll give ya a shot."

Haha, in fact, I could see the guild looking at this as a chance to "un-corrupt" the world a bit, and would most likely feel obliged to take you in and guide you.

I don't know what age you're thinking about, but I would even be willing to break accept someone under 20 due to the circumstances, just this once.

"Yer sittin' on the cusp, kid, but we'll give ya a shot."

Haha, in fact, I could see the guild looking at this as a chance to "un-corrupt" the world a bit, and would most likely feel obliged to take you in and guide you.

I don't know what age you're thinking about, but I would even be willing to break accept someone under 20 due to the circumstances, just this once.
Hell yes, I knew flattery would get me somewhere! I was actually thinking around the 18-21 age mark, the whole 'moving out' stage, leaving his aged mother to move onto his own life, rather than living under the shadow of a decrepit, albeit powerful witch. I would like the idea of him being the youngest in there, so I'm leaning towards 18, just to give it that acolyte feeling, a student learning under others and likely treated as less than capable at times.

Owlephants.

Reactions: Zella
How could you forget the majestic being that is the owlbear?
1327615-owl_bear_by_benwootten.png

Abominations!!!

Reactions: Potatocat
Lol. So many Owl-creatures.

Ooooh, now Seli has someone she can grumpily teach her alchemy to! Yay!

Of course, more in character reasponse, "Fuck me. They really giving ME the kid? Who the hell did I piss off this time?"

What I am saying, is if you are interested, I am very very interested in having Seli be his mentor.

I'm thinking a lot of the world lore will be inspired by D&d, (Other than the properties of magic.)

Some other wizard must have beaten Martin to the Owlbear idea.