Mage Guilds

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
So, he is a wizard? He's got that magic in his blood?

The differences in the classes is where they get their magic from, so yes it seems to matter, at least for the lore aspect if not anything else.
He'd be a wizard for the most part. Magical blood and shit. But, he has spent years of study learning more magic.

He'd be a wizard for the most part. Magical blood and shit. But, he has spent years of study learning more magic.
I believe the main difference between Wizard and Sorcerer (surprisingly reversed from Pathfinder considering the D&D basis) is that Sorcerers get all of their power from studying, no natural power, just books. Wizards on the other hand get magic from their blood. Wizards aren't stopped from studying however. I believe that's the case anyway, studying doesn't turn a wizard into a sorcerer but magic from their bloodline makes a sorcerer actually a wizard.

I'm not entirely great at explaining but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I believe the main difference between Wizard and Sorcerer (surprisingly reversed from Pathfinder considering the D&D basis) is that Sorcerers get all of their power from studying, no natural power, just books. Wizards on the other hand get magic from their blood. Wizards aren't stopped from studying however. I believe that's the case anyway, studying doesn't turn a wizard into a sorcerer but magic from their bloodline makes a sorcerer actually a wizard.

I'm not entirely great at explaining but I thought I'd give it a shot.
I think that's a good way of explaining it.

a18e2756c3f01c246e9efb60a5b862f7.png

Name: Timore.
Title: The Nightmare/Apellio's familiar.
13954219@400-1405047263.jpg

This is a form he rather enjoys remaining in, but he can shape shift.
Personality:
Class: Familiar.
Spells:
Timore's magic works on an exposure based system, the longer he is around someone and the less exposed to light they are, the more powerful he is against them. Light levels also change his power, he cannot enter sunlight or effect those touched by it, whilst can touch those effected by candlelight, simply not as intensely.

Incur nightmare: Causes target to witness a nightmare, whether asleep or awake. Simply a nightmare when asleep, hallucinations while awake.

Dream eater: Devours any form of dream and replaces it with a nightmare, fuelling his magic.

Shadow shift: Takes the form of anything he desires but remains in his goopy texture. He cannot increase the amount of shadow he is made up of through this, only through devouring dreams or people.

Snuff out: Encapsulates someone's body with his oily shadow, slowly pouring it into them and filling them with nightmare, devouring any dreams, hopes or fantasies they may have. Once all is taken, he will leave nothing left. People cannot move when encapsulated, but can be pulled out.

Shadow step: May meld into a shadow and appear from another nearby, shadows must not have light between them. (Like the squid form in splatoon.)

Manipulate: Shadow is his realm, and should anyone be standing entirely within shadow (no light upon their body) he may manipulate their emotions and potentially, thoughts.

Deminish light: light around him will be snuffed out, expending a large amount of his nightmare fuel in order to do so. The bigger the light, the more power it takes. He can also use this to create a shroud of darkness as long as the shroud is linked to a shadow.

Misc: Timore is made up of two elements, first the magical energy within him, that green 'light' you can see. It provides no light, allowing him to be completely shrouded in pitch darkness, however can be seen in simply dim light. It will usually be covered completely by his second element which is an aspect of nightmare and shadow. It serves as both his fuel and a protective case around the energy keeping him alive.

Class origin: Apellio's deal.
Preffered Method of Casting: Nightmare fuel.
Equipment: None.
Faction: He follows Apellio and thus is forced to be in the Silver Owls.

All completed characters are accepted.

Morningstar:
Lord Valentail Morningstar "The Bastion" (GonzoB.)
"The Legion Lord" (Razilin)
"The Warden" (Razilin)
"The Dagger" (Potatocat)
Arlin "The Witch's Son" (Temm)
Davos Rythem "The Bleeding Heart" (Donk)

Silver Owl:
Martin "The Ivory Spark" (Dahrinn)
Kazu Yuetu "The Rabbit" (StarryNightSky)
Kemala Joshi "The Red Demon" (StarryNightSky)
Andrea Moonstead (StarryNightSky)
Sorena Crow "The Wild Mage" (CynderTheDragoness)
Apellio Corson "The Elemotionalist" (Temm)
Timore "The Nightmare" (Temm)

So, I'll have the IC up later today, and the majority of Silver Owl members will have gotten there at the same time.

They were told to put a small cut of hair or a drop of blood in a letter, and put it in a Meowl den, on a given day, they would awake in the castle.

If any of you guys want to go there through a different method, speak now.

Reactions: Razilin
Also, don't post until both factions have their introductions up.

There will be three beginning posts, a story intro by me, a faction intro by me, and a faction intro by GonzoB.

Just got the Intro for the plot and Silver Owls.

If Gonzo doesn't post the Morningstar intro by 12:00, Silver Owls can post.

Would have had it earlier, but there were complications.

Just got the Intro for the plot and Silver Owls.

If Gonzo doesn't post the Morningstar intro by 12:00, Silver Owls can post.

Would have had it earlier, but there were complications.
So is the IC up? If so, where? Also what time is it currently?

Where I am...11:00

I'll have a link up in a bit.