MAFIA

Yay one more vict- iiiii meeaaan partner to help us take down the scum!

Yeah.
Totally.
Totally meant partner to take down the scum.
What? No. I didn't scumslip, you did!

I dunno lol.

Will patiently await a coming round! Love this game~

Reactions: Daz
@Matizze @Pf.D Don't forget to rate the post by Daz with a cookie.

Ooh Daz!
Quick question 'bout the executioner. (If we are going to have him.)

So some versions that I've seen (primarily forum versions) have it if they succeed, they leave the game and another vote happens for that phase.

Will this version of the exe be used? Or will they stay in the game? After success.
(For that matter... If their target dies to non-lynch, will they become jester, or is it game over for them?)

Ooh Daz!
Quick question 'bout the executioner. (If we are going to have him.)

So some versions that I've seen (primarily forum versions) have it if they succeed, they leave the game and another vote happens for that phase.

Will this version of the exe be used? Or will they stay in the game? After success.
(For that matter... If their target dies to non-lynch, will they become jester, or is it game over for them?)
Hm... I'd prefer to keep the executioner alive and not have another vote that phase. It's not like the executioner has to post anymore once they've lynched their target, but I think they should have the option too. And not having another vote that round acts as part of the punishment for being misguided by the executioner.

So far we have the following 8 players Confirmed by Cookie (a super serious and official term):
@Joan
@Dipper
@An Otaku
@Kiilgore
@IceQueen
@†rip
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Pf.D
Interest has also been shown by @Matizee, but I still need to confirm they'll definitely take part. There's also @Lost-and-Bewildered who has given me confirmation IRL that they will play, and so are Confirmed by IRL Sugary Goods. That gives us 9-10 players, which enough to start, so we shall be begin on Saturday! Other people may still join until Saturday at 8:30pm (GMT), which is when I will be randomly generating the roles. I have a role list below presuming 10 players, but obviously I'll have to adjust it if there are more/less players by Saturday. If we get more players I'm likely to add another mafia member... but not one who kills. If you have any support mafia roles you'd like to see, suggest away!

Roll list presuming 10 players:
2 Mafioso = A member of the mafia who decides who to kill each night. They take it in turns to visit the player they are targeting to kill. Ruling note- if the mafia kill fails they will be informed that it failed, but not why it failed, meaning they do not know if it was due to night immunity or the player being healed by the doctor.
1 Doctor = An innocent who may heal a player to prevent them from being killed once every night. They may heal themselves twice. Ruling note- neither the doctor or the healed player will be told if the healed player was targeted by the mafia.
1 Detective = An innocent who may learn the faction (innocent, mafia, or neutral) of one player every night.
1 Medium = An innocent who may speak with all dead players during the night phase. They are immune from being killed for the first two night phases only. Ruling note- They will speak to dead players in a chat separate to the dead chat, so that dead players may continue to talk during the day phase.
1 Tracker = An innocent who may visit another player's house at night and see who visited that player. The roles in this game who can visit other people are the mafioso, doctor, and detective.
1 Executioner = A neutral whose aim it is to get a target town member lynched- their target will be randomly generated. The executioner is immune from being killed at night.
3 Normal Town Members = An innocent without any special abilities.

I am changing the voting system as previously suggested. You now vote directly on other players in the voting phase, and if someone gets the majority of the vote they are lynched. The dead player chat is also going to be implemented. Hm... I think that's it for now!

"There's also @Lost-and-Bewildered who has given me confirmation IRL that they will play, and so are Confirmed by IRL Sugary Goods."

I like Sugary Goods...you better not be teasing me again you hooligan! :P

...I mean yes, I'm in folks. Hullo again!

Slight in-experienced question. Can the Mafia roles talk to each other in some form of Scum Chat or whatever?

Oh no :( my notifications with this thread didn't work. Let me know if a spot opens up.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Daz
I gave a cookie, yo.

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
1 Doctor = An innocent who may heal a player to prevent them from being killed once every night. They may heal themselves twice. Ruling note- neither the doctor or the healed player will be told if the healed player was targeted by the mafia.
That's kind of weird, though; isn't it? I mean, you get shot and someone stitches you up but then you can't tell you got shot? Or you perform an intricate and life saving operation on a dying person but you can't tell he got shot, lmao.

That's kind of weird, though; isn't it? I mean, you get shot and someone stitches you up but then you can't tell you got shot? Or you perform an intricate and life saving operation on a dying person but you can't tell he got shot, lmao.
I know in certain spin offs/versions there are other killing roles and means of death

I gave a cookie, yo.
That's awesome. I'd love to join then!
Great to have you both join! :D

Updated Player List:
Joan
Dipper
An Otaku
Kiilgore
IceQueen
†rip
LuckycoolHawk9
Pf.D
Lost-and-Bewildered
Luster
Atomyk
Matizze

Role List Presuming 12:
2 Mafioso = A member of the mafia who decides who to kill each night. They take it in turns to visit the player they are targeting to kill. Ruling note- if the mafia kill fails they will be informed that it failed, but not why it failed, meaning they do not know if it was due to night immunity or the player being healed by the doctor.
1 Consort = A member of the mafia who decides to roleblock one person each night, preventing that player's night action from being carried out if the player has one. Becomes a mafioso if all the mafiosos are dead. Ruling notes- Roleblocking works on the detective, tracker and doctor, but not the medium, because the medium's night action occurs before everyone else's resolves. If the roleblocked player has a night action that can be roleblocked then they will informed that they were roleblocked; if the player has no night action/cannot be roleblocked then they will not be informed since the roleblock wouldn't have done anything.
1 Detective = An innocent who may learn the faction (innocent, mafia, or neutral) of one player every night.
1 Medium = An innocent who may speak with all dead players during the night phase. They are immune from being killed for the first two night phases only. Ruling note- They will speak to dead players in a chat separate to the dead chat, so that dead players may continue to talk during the day phase.
1 Tracker = An innocent who may visit another player's house at night and see who visited that player. The roles in this game who can visit other people (excluding the tracker) are the mafioso, doctor, detective, and consort.
1 Executioner = A neutral whose aim it is to get a target town member lynched- their target will be randomly generated. The executioner is immune from being killed at night.
4 Normal Town Members = An innocent without any special abilities.
Suggestions for edits to this role list, be it changing how a role works or adding/removing roles, is still welcome! Also pretend none of you saw my inability to count

You're all on some crazy good sleeping pills. ;)
It's a measure that stops the doctor/healed person from getting as much information. Doctors are already a strong role from the fact they can prevent the mafia from killing people, the mafia's top priority, and can be especially strong when the doctor is good at predicting who the mafia will target. So I don't like it when the doctor is also able to get a bunch of information which can potentially help identify the mafia

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Atomyk