MAFIA

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I am excited for this. (I am half- tempted to tell everyone to lynch Kiilgore, they are always mafia so far)

I like the dead chat idea.
Allows for involvement in a way even if you die N1.

However, if the ret+dedchat is implemented, if the maf stays full 'nilla maf, it may be too townside (?) Yet changing too many nilla maf roles to powermaf roles depending on what they are could too significantly mafside it...*Shrug* haven't really balanced a mafia game myself tho, so I wouldn't know. Plus I haven't played many games where just alignments and not specific roles are revealed, so that could change things.

As for 3rd party role.... I'd prefer jester/exe.
Mainly because of a preference for more deception stuff.
inb4 another WIFOM occurs.
Survivor is... 'eh?' to me. Not the biggest fan of being survivor but will role (yes that was intentional) with it.

My preferred Voting system: majority Lynch where if one gets a majority, they get lynched right then and there. (Basically what was proposed.)

------

I am half- tempted to tell everyone to lynch Kiilgore, they are always mafia so far

blanc_by_neptuniagamer-d869epn.gif

m-meanie!

Jkjk...
But.... Inb4 I end up being a jester next round. :P.

I am excited for this. (I am half- tempted to tell everyone to lynch Kiilgore, they are always mafia so far)
I'll be laughing the whole game if the RNG picks Kiilgore again.

However, if the ret+dedchat is implemented, if the maf stays full 'nilla maf, it may be too townside (?) Yet changing too many nilla maf roles to powermaf roles depending on what they are could too significantly mafside it...*Shrug* haven't really balanced a mafia game myself tho, so I wouldn't know. Plus I haven't played many games where just alignments and not specific roles are revealed, so that could change things.
Yeah, that was my worry, about it making town a bit too powerful, since if they're revived late in the game they could have a bunch of information that basically decides the game. I think maybe keep the medium, but leave ret out for now? Not that it was likely that there would've ever been enough players for a fourth town role anyway.

As for 3rd party role.... I'd prefer jester/exe.
Mainly because of a preference for more deception stuff.
inb4 another WIFOM occurs.
Survivor is... 'eh?' to me. Not the biggest fan of being survivor but will role (yes that was intentional) with it.
Yeah, I can get survivor being pretty meh, since you don't have any active goal. Might try out executioner, just to change things up a bit.

So @Starlighter is having a busy week, but I do know she wanted to play mafia, so I was wondering how long you were going to wait until game start?

So @Starlighter is having a busy week, but I do know she wanted to play mafia, so I was wondering how long you were going to wait until game start?
I didn't have any set time frame in mind, since it depends on how long it takes to get enough players. I'm happy to wait a week if it means Starlighter can play too, and I know @Lost-and-Bewildered can't come online for a few days but will probably be happy coerced to play. I'm hoping to get a new banner made to get some fresh interest for the next game.

Reactions: An Otaku and Joan
I'll be laughing the whole game if the RNG picks Kiilgore again.

It would be funny. ( I hope the RNG doesn't doom me to vanilla townie again)

It would be funny. ( I hope the RNG doesn't doom me to vanilla townie again)
Might see if I can find a bit of a weaker town role to replace one of the vanilla townies with, so there are more town roles without making town too powerful.

Okay, I did a little research and found a couple of roles which could be introduced either this game (I'd say if there are at least 11 players, preferably more) or next game: coroner and tracker. Coroner may be a bit pointless if there is also a medium, since the medium could ask the dead what their roles were. A tracker would mean having to decide which mafia will count as having visited the target each night. Both are investigative, so would give more information to discuss.

Okay, I did a little research and found a couple of roles which could be introduced either this game (I'd say if there are at least 11 players, preferably more) or next game: coroner and tracker. Coroner may be a bit pointless if there is also a medium, since the medium could ask the dead what their roles were. A tracker would mean having to decide which mafia will count as having visited the target each night. Both are investigative, so would give more information to discuss.
Huh. I've seen tracker before, but with a different name...can't think of it atm, though.

ICEY WANTS TO JOIN IN KILLING ALL THE THINGS

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Daz
ICEYYYY DEAR HELLO YES JOIN AND ALSO GO RATE THE JOIN POST WITH A COOKIE PLEASE

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: Daz and Joan
HALLO ICEY, GLAD TO HAVE YOU JOIN OUR ORGANISED MURDER FEST!

Could you pretty please do me a favour and rate this post with a cookie- it's how I'm keeping track of players. If you have any questions about the rules, please ask! :)

I would say to your post, since you so kindly linked me

1. having a retributionist and a dead chat has the possibility for everyone to rely on exactly what the dead person said since they talked with everyone else openly, and essentially could mean whoever is revived automatically wins
2.Replacing the retributionist would be beter
3.The medium is fine as is, since she could say she was the medium all she wants but not everyone would or might believe her.
4. I think keeping both chats would be good.

• Useful
Reactions: Daz
I would say to your post, since you so kindly linked me

1. having a retributionist and a dead chat has the possibility for everyone to rely on exactly what the dead person said since they talked with everyone else openly, and essentially could mean whoever is revived automatically wins
2.Replacing the retributionist would be beter
3.The medium is fine as is, since she could say she was the medium all she wants but not everyone would or might believe her.
4. I think keeping both chats would be good.
I agree with most of that, and so far that looks to be the consensus. We've been discussing roles which could replace the retri, but I don't think we'll have enough players to include a fourth named town role, tbh.

I agree with most of that, and so far that looks to be the consensus. We've been discussing roles which could replace the retri, but I don't think we'll have enough players to include a fourth named town role, tbh.
Yes it seems so though the banners have brought me in so

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan