MAFIA

@†rip (starting to understand why people didn't like my old username, lol)

So, this round of mafia is over! The next round will start in roughly 5 weeks, since I want to get my exams all done and dusted before starting another round. Feel free to keep discussing things until then though! I'd like to hear suggestions for the roll list, voting system, etc. I'll do a check for who's interested in participating in the next round closer to the time of it starting.
Daz said this last week I think. So 4 more weeks.

Last game took 3 whole months, roughly... so. I dunno if 4 weeks would be enough time?

Plenty of time for a game duet:
[2×] Iwaku Mafia

Game setup is semi-open, meaning all possible roles are in this list:
Town:
  • Vanilla
  • (x-shot, odd/even night) Medic
  • (x-shot, odd/even night) Vigilante
  • (x-shot, odd/even night) Detective
  • (x-shot, odd/even night) Fruit Vendor
  • unaware/aware (x-shot, odd/even night) Miller
Scum:
  • (x-shot, odd/even night) Godfather
  • (x-shot, odd/even night) Framer
  • (x-shot, odd/even night) Voyeur
  • (x-shot, odd/even night) Hitman
  • Goon
All Mafia roles, except for Goon, may have the (x-shot, odd/even night) Fruit Vendor suffix.

The Fruit Vendor may visit a player at night and leave a piece of fruit. The message "You have received a piece of fruit" will be displayed to them, come daystart. What's up with this role / role suffix -- in the case of non-Goon mafia? well, one can only use one action per night, and mafia may be likelier to use their primary one instead.

A Framer can't make the check on mafia return "Town".

Mafia Night Kill:
As long as there is a Hitman with active ability to kill on the team, the mafia can carry out NK, prioritizing Godfather > Goon > Voyeur > Framer > Hitman for target selection.

will be succeeded by hoarded votecounts, on top of a post, during dayphases.

Example of votecount state change following a vote + updated votecount:

@@@@ Daz - Dittles, Starlighter , Dipper, LuckycoolHawk9, Dipper, Dittles, djinnamon
@@ LuckycoolHawk9 - Dittles, Dipper, djinnamon, Daz

Dittles##Vote: Dipper

@ Dipper - Dittles
@@@ Daz - Dittles, Starlighter, Dipper, LuckycoolHawk9, Dipper, Dittles, djinnamon
@@ LuckycoolHawk9 - Dittles, Dipper, djinnamon, Daz
Phase duration and progression:
Game A Day1 ==> Deadline Lynch (obligatory)
Game A Twilight => Night 1
Game B Day 1 ==> Lynch
Game B Twilight => Night 1 //// Game A Twilight => Day 2
Game A Day 2 ==> Lynch
Game A Twilight => Night 2 //// Game B Twilight => Day 2
Game B Day 2 ==> Lynch
Game B Twilight => Night 2 /// Game A Twilight => Day 3
Game A Day 3 ==> Lynch ..etc.

I need twilight to sort out lynches / night action results and write game flavor.
I'll post Game A's thread once 3 players have declared interest.

Ya know I'm up!

...As long as this doesn't last longer than three weeks.

Huh. I'm not sure I totally understand fruit vendor, voyeur or goon, I'm willing to give it a try.

I would say yes, but I am very confused by everything you listed @†rip and would rather just wait for Daz's mafia.

I wouldn't do too many roles here. It's just going to end up a mess.

I would be interested but, like the others, I think there may be a few too many roles...

Ok. Choose the roles you like ( http://www.strawpoll.me/13168332 ), but I'll need some room to play around in, to choose and balance the final setup.

Here's an example of a 7 player micro:

Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Even-night Vigilante
Even-night Detective
Odd-night Fruit Vendor

Even-night Framer
Odd-night Hitman, Even-night Fruit Vendor

Huh. I'm not sure I totally understand fruit vendor, voyeur or goon, I'm willing to give it a try.

Voyeur is an informative role for mafia, to see what kind of power roles Town has. One chooses a target and gets informed by the host which actions were done to that target, that night. For example: "[Player] has been visited by a medic". Targets may include fellow mafia.

Goon is the mafia equivalent of Vanilla Townie. No actions, just priority over Voyeur, Framer and Hitman over choosing the night kill target.

Fruit Vendor is used mostly on the night before LYLO, when there's only one mafia left. The FV can confirm himself town to another player by claiming to have given that player a fruit, on the same night there was a night kill, since even if a Hitman has a Fruit Vendor suffix, there is no way to both give fruit and shoot.

This Saturday means five week. Who else is excited Mafia will be back?

• Love
Reactions: Joan
HEYA GUYS! I RETURN FROM EXAMS! I'll be working on getting a new mafia game running soon, just have to read through everything that's been happening on Iwaku first. In the mean time, how have you all been?

@†rip Feel free to start your own Mafia game! Although I'd advise you start your own thread for it if you haven't already, or else things might get messy.

@LuckycoolHawk9
@Kiilgore
@Starlighter
@Dipper
@IntrusivePenDesperateSword
@djinnamon
@Joan
@Dittles
@crescentangeni
@An Otaku
@Cabob7
@†rip
@Lost-and-Bewildered

Heya all you lovely people! It's time for another blood bath pleasant game of Mafia! As before I'm going to ask that if you want to join this round please rate this post with a cookie. If you then decide you don't want to join traitor then just undo the cookie rating and tell me that you won't be playing this round.

I've got a rough proposed role list below. Since we don't know how many people are playing yet some of the roles do not have a set number, as how many of that role there will be - and if it will be included at all- depends on how many players there are. I'm also considering replacing the Jester with another neutral role, such as an executioner (a player whose goal it is to get a particular town member lynched, and is immune to death at night) or a survivor (a player whose goal is merely to survive, and has a number of self-heals). I'd like to hear your thoughts on this, and if you do want a different neutral role any suggestions for what you'd like it to be. To add to that, I'd also like to draw attention to the fact I have proposed that the medium cannot be killed during the first two night phases. This is to prevent the medium dying super early, so whoever does dies in the first couple of nights is guaranteed to at least be able to talk to the medium once, meaning early death is less sucky. I've proposed including the retributionist if there are enough players for the same reason. However feel free to suggest different town roles to medium and retributionist, since I have another solution to the problem of early death being boring (which I really should've thought of sooner).

Rough Proposed Role List:
2-3 Mafioso = A member of the mafia who decides who to kill each night.
1 Doctor = An innocent who may protect a player from being killed every night. They may heal themselves twice.
1 Detective = An innocent who may learn the faction (innocent, mafia, or neutral) of one player every night.
1 Medium = An innocent who may speak with all dead players during the night phase. They cannot be killed during the first two night phases.
0-1 Retributionist = An innocent who may bring back a dead player during the night phase. This ability may only be used once.
0-1 Jester = A neutral (non-mafia and non-innocent) who wins by getting themselves lynched. If the jester is lynched they may kill one player who voted guilty on them the following night. The jester cannot be killed at night.
4+ Normal Town Members = An innocent without any special abilities.

Currently if you are dead you are unable to talk about your thoughts on the current game, for the obvious reason that it could give an unfair advantage to living players. But what if I told you that Daz had realised there's a groundbreaking *cough* really obvious *cough* way to allow all dead people to talk with each other about the game, without living players being able to see any of the conversation? Well I introduce to you... A PM chat for dead players! Yes, I just now realised that there could be a PM chat for only myself and dead players, which would allow us to share our thoughts on the game without spoiling things for the living players. However, it is important to consider how this may affect roles such as the retributionist. If a player is revived then they can have access to a whole host of information from the dead chat, which may be an unbalanced advantage. Having a dead chat may also take away some of the fun of being able to talk with the medium, since the conversations would be pretty similar, even though only conversation with the medium could affect the game. So, a few questions! 1- Do you think it would be a bad idea to have both a retributionist and a dead chat, as a revived player could have too much power/information? 2- If so, do you think it would be better to replace the retributionist with a different role, or not have a dead chat? 3- Would having both a medium who the dead could talk to and a separate dead chat feel redundant? 4- If so, would it be better to replace the medium with another role, or not have a dead chat so dead players can still affect the game via the medium?

LASTLY I must address voting. The voting system used last round seemed to be somewhat confusing, so I'm thinking of changing it again. I propose still having a separate discussion and voting phase, but just having people vote directly to lynch players in the voting phase rather than voting players up then voting to lynch them or not. A player would have to get X votes to be lynched, X being ((Total Living Players/2)+1), basically meaning they need a majority of votes to get lynched. Does this system seem to be more straightforward? If not, would you like to keep last round's voting system or something else?

Okay, as for opinions. I would really like the survivor ( Being one is always awesome) and retrbutionist and medium roles. As for the dead chat being OP, there is a simple solution for that. Kick the person out when they become living again. At this point, they won't access to the dead chat, but can still propose those theories by the dead in chat.

Sry can't play am busy

Even if I wanted too, I am off on vacation/ministry. I'll be back in roughly a week.

Okay, as for opinions. I would really like the survivor ( Being one is always awesome) and retrbutionist and medium roles. As for the dead chat being OP, there is a simple solution for that. Kick the person out when they become living again. At this point, they won't access to the dead chat, but can still propose those theories by the dead in chat.
I was planning on kicking revived players anyway, but the information they'd already gained from the dead chat may potentially be too powerful. I personally don't think it would be too powerful, especially considering that the town isn't especially powerful as it is, but I thought it should be considered at least. As for survivor, I too love playing that role, but I know many people think it's boring since your only goal is to survive.

Sry can't play am busy

Even if I wanted too, I am off on vacation/ministry. I'll be back in roughly a week.
That's understandable Pen, hope you have a nice vacation!

I think the new voting system sounds good, and that the retributionist and medium with a Dead chat would be fine if we do what Lucky said and kick out the zombie once they're back.

Of course, this is just the suggestion of someone without much experience.

• Thank You
Reactions: Daz
I think the new voting system sounds good, and that the retributionist and medium with a Dead chat would be fine if we do what Lucky said and kick out the zombie once they're back.

Of course, this is just the suggestion of someone without much experience.
Doesn't matter how much experience you have, all suggestions are welcome!

Reactions: An Otaku
I'm good with whatever as long as I don't spend most game confused again :P