Mafia Day Thread: Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLE LIST
2 Mafioso = A member of the mafia who decides who to kill each night. They take it in turns to visit the player they are targeting to kill. Ruling note- if the mafia kill fails they will be informed that it failed, but not why it failed, meaning they do not know if it was due to night immunity or the player being healed by the doctor.
1 Consort = A member of the mafia who decides to roleblock one person each night, preventing that player's night action from being carried out if the player has one. Becomes a mafioso if all the mafiosos are dead. Ruling notes- Roleblocking works on the detective, tracker and doctor, but not the medium, because the medium's night action occurs before everyone else's resolves. If the roleblocked player has a night action that can be roleblocked then they will informed that they were roleblocked; if the player has no night action/cannot be roleblocked then they will not be informed since the roleblock wouldn't have done anything.
1 Doctor = An innocent who may heal a player to prevent them from being killed once every night. They may heal themselves twice. Ruling note- neither the doctor or the healed player will be told if the healed player was targeted by the mafia.
1 Detective = An innocent who may learn the faction (innocent, mafia, or neutral) of one player every night.
1 Medium = An innocent who may speak with all dead players during the night phase. They are immune from being killed for the first two night phases only. Ruling note- They will speak to dead players in a chat separate to the dead chat, so that dead players may continue to talk during the day phase.
1 Tracker = An innocent who may visit another player's house at night and see who visited that player. The roles in this game who can visit other people (excluding the tracker) are the mafioso, doctor, detective, vigilante and consort.
1 Vigilante = An innocent who may kill another player at night. This ability may be used one time only. If the vigilante kills an innocent player (as opposed to a neutral or mafia player) then the following night they will commit suicide and also die.
1 Executioner = A neutral whose win condition is to get a target town member lynched- their target will be randomly generated. The executioner is immune from being killed at night. If their target is killed at night, the executioner becomes a jester.
1 Jester = A neutral whose win condition is to be lynched. The jester is immune from being killed at night. If the jester succeeds at getting lynched they have the ability to kill one of the people who voted against them the previous day - this ability must be used.
4 Normal Town Members = An innocent without any special abilities.

Other useful info can be put here upon request!

Sorry to keep posting, everyone. I don't want to spam or anything, but I'd thought we would have more time before the vote began for me to say things. Figure I'll die sooner than later, too. So um, here's the vote list for last round. Also, @Lost-and-Bewildered I think I said you hadn't voted for trip last round. I'm sorry, I misread things. But um, to the best of my knowledge, here's a corrected list of sequential votes.

Voted trip:
+Otaku(1)
+Joan(2)
+IceQueen(3)
+Kiilgore(4)
+Luster(5)
+Pf.D(6)
-Luster(5)
-Otaku(4)
+Luster(5)
+Lost(6)
+Otaku(7)
-Luster(6)
+Luster(7)

Voted Dipper:
+trip(1)
+Daz

Voted Matizze:
+Luster(1)
-Luster(0)

No Vote:
-Dipper
-Matizze
-Starlighter
-Kimberlyn
Maybe this could be useful to someone, to help with theories? Just thought I'd make an easy post for people to reference. I'll edit this if I got a name or placement wrong, but I don't think I did. As a personal recommendation, I think you can ignore the people who voted immediately for trip and those who voted last. My theory is some Maf members possibly may have voted for trip, slim chance of it at least. If they did, they wouldn't have started a potential lynch on their ally; and they wouldn't have cinched it by being the last vote either.

Based on that logic, here are some possibly trustworthy names: Otaku, Joan, (MAYBE) IceQueen, (maybe) Pf.D, Lost-and-Bewildered, and Luster. This is all based on the idea the Maf wouldn't start/end a vote on Trip, which is the most likely scenario IF a Maf did in fact vote trip. A possible detriment to this case is a Maf member decided Trip was going to die no matter what, and committed to the vote thusly to assure themselves as townie. Going by that caveat, here are some suspicious names in terms of vote placement EXCLUSIVELY: (maybe) Joan, IceQueen, Pf.D, and Lost (and practically everyone else). But again, I personally don't buy the idea of a Maf committing to trip's demise at this point in time.

To cap this off, here's the list of those looking suspicious for voting in the middle (i.e. "half-hearted" votes that don't ensure trip's demise, but look like they do; as in they didn't start or conclude the vote):
Kiilgore, IceQueen, and (maybe) Lost.

The point of this isn't so much to say one or the other is innocent. I'm just throwing out potential thought processes for the last vote, which can also be applied to any following vote. Something to note is Vote Placement can't be relied on that much just because not everyone might be aware of the vote happening. This thought process assumes, for the most part, people were purposeful in their vote placement, which isn't always the case...I think its something worth considering, at the very least.

-Otaku, An

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
Reactions: Matizze
Just a note: I'm taking no offense towards anyone who is suspicious of me. I think I read an apology somewhere (I was speed reading :P), so just wanted to clear that out of the way.

Personally, I don't have strong enough suspicions against anyone at the moment to justify a lynch. I'm open to ideas, of course, but I agree with Otaku that there's a bigger risk of hitting a townie at this current point. Especially since, from my point-of-view, no one has done anything overtly suspicious. Yet. But, if anyone is seeing something I am not, I am willing to hear ideas.

Also, I would like to know why there are suspicions against me. I know the initial suspicion was due to my "throw out your ideas now" spiel at the beginning, but I have already stated that I almost invariably play mafia in that fashion. Simply because I've had several games where so-and-so didn't voice their suspicions when they had them, and they turned out to be right. But they got killed before they told anyone anything. So I've made it a habit to call out for ideas from the get-go, even if they're insubstantial.

BUT ANYWAYS, besides that, I'm not sure what I've done that is suspicious. I didn't vote for trip, that is true, but I like to think I justified myself on that. If I haven't...well, I don't know what else to tell you. xD But...if there's anything else...throw it at me. I will try to give you my reasoning.

We actually don't know. The doctor could have healed their target. Unless you know something we don't.
I think you misunderstood me. By immune, I meant someone that can't be killed that particular night. It could be because they are a neutral role and always have night immunity, or because they were healed by the doctor. I thought I made it obvious in my previous posts where I started grouping them together, but I'm sorry if I was unclear about that.

So um, here's the vote list for last round.

Matizze Vote:
+Luster(1)
-Luster(0)
Yeeah, I'm pretty sure I only voted for Luster on the first day, not the second, but otherwise, kudos for taking the time to read through and compile everything - it must have taken ages

Yeeah, I'm pretty sure I only voted for Luster on the first day, not the second, but otherwise, kudos for taking the time to read through and compile everything - it must have taken ages
Think I worded my vote post awkwardly, I'm sorry.

Its meant to be a count of what happened day two. And by Matizze Vote, I meant "those who voted for Matizze" which was just Luster. Sorry if I confused you about that. I edited it to be more clear, though!

• Useful
Reactions: Matizze
@Kimberlyn

At this point, my suspicions are due to your level of engagement. I understand you're busy and it's not because of that, but rather, when you're here, you only seem to throw out suspicions after you've been accused yourself.

@An Otaku opinions?

@Kimberlyn

At this point, my suspicions are due to your level of engagement. I understand you're busy and it's not because of that, but rather, when you're here, you only seem to throw out suspicions after you've been accused yourself.

@An Otaku opinions?
That's a fair point. Honestly it's more because I'm busy, and I'm only just now finding the opportunity to read through everything more thoroughly. So, if my suspicions seem thrown out at convenient times, that's because I have continually had to play catch up and see if there are any good arguments before I throw up my own ideas. But, I can see why that seems a little too convenient.

When I started the game, I thought I would have plenty of time to keep up with everything. Alas, RL has kept me running around like a chicken with its head cut off. xD

@Kimberlyn

@An Otaku opinions?
I think what made Trip was his level of activity honestly. Sure, some of us had our suspicions but I doubt the vote would have passed without his aggressive assertions.

So when I myself don't have many hard suspicions, I think it is because I've been exclusively looking at posts. I haven't really thought through the lurker Maf/neutral approach, which is a problem... seeing as how many busy people we have... I think we might consider lynching based on activity this round. Honestly, it's about as good as anything else since nothing is overt from what I can tell.

Like you, Luster, I've sorta always been suspicious of Kimberlyn. I can appreciate Joan's assessments of Kim and Dipper, but... I just don't know them as well as Joan does, so I'm sorta left with my own hunches. I can't really say why right now,but I've always agreed with you about Kim being suspicious.

That's all I got right now. I'll probably vote for whoever you do unless something else presents itself.

One thing that I find to be interesting is that back when I confronted trip about his survey thing that he used to make a point, and actually estabishing that he and Anotaku and Kimber were maf, (That being this: )
Although it is an interesting theory, I fail to see the relevance of the questions because they are random, and nothing to do with the game.

So using that as an argument for that thought is poorly done imho.

Heck....
It could also be used on the flip side, especially since you said the initial thought of them not being mafia together.

All three of you are maf, and you used that question thing and told them to respond to it in the mafia chat.

Just...
Feels too convenient for some reason.

he said this:
Hypothetically speaking, I would consider applying this clever and proactive scum tactic.. and you a nuisance for seeing through it.
Of course.... we need to take it with a grain of salt, because of Trip being maf and an attempt to trick us later on, but still. He said he would consider doing it, meaning he had the idea of it being used as a scum tactic.

still stands that I find it too convenient.

Both An Otaku and Kimber responded, in a way which both almost felt... forced?
That's actually an interesting theory, my involvement notwithstanding. I'd never really thought about it that way. Hm.
Y'know, if you weren't talking about me I'd be inclined to nod and say, "Gee, wow. That's a mighty fine idea you got there!" But you are talking about me, so I'll just have to say "interesting." Maybe nod my head a bit. Yeah.

Oh, @An Otaku I noticed that you mentioned me as a half-scumread. Could you please say why?

one other thing I noticed in my read-back that I wanna say.

Luster, almost feels like he's showing slight signs of buddy-buddying-ish...
One example:
At one point in the previous day phase, Luster mentioned that he trusts Joan the most at this point. Yet, didn't explain why, seemingly coming out of left field.

Reactions: An Otaku
I really only answered trip's survey because I had nothing better to say on the first day. O_o if I had thought it would arouse suspicion...*sigh*

But fair enough. I walked right into that one, given that trip did end up being maf.

one other thing I noticed in my read-back that I wanna say.

Luster, almost feels like he's showing slight signs of buddy-buddying-ish...
One example:
At one point in the previous day phase, Luster mentioned that he trusts Joan the most at this point. Yet, didn't explain why, seemingly coming out of left field.
I'm actually not too sure about that myself o_o I believe I actually asked @Luster for their reasoning on that point and they ignored my question, though I could be wrong...

@Kiilgore If you're asking why I answered trip's quiz. Well, I mean... that's just what I do. (• ~ •;) in terms of my response about how I was all like, "that's an interesting theory, Trip," I've actually explained this a couple times. I was attempting a jester defense to keep alive at the time. I actually molded my own response there to be very similar to Kimberlyn's with the whole "interesting" thing because I wanted to look as suspicious as possible at the time. Anything to keep others from deciding I ought to be killed.

So while I did the quiz just for laughs and to look sneaky, my other response you called "forced" well... you're absolutely right. I only spoke up on purpose to reinforce trip's idea about us being related in a way. Since I know I'm not Maf, I figured anyone else reading that exact post would look at it and just be generally confused. Personally, I'm inclined to say mission accomplished!

As for why I suspect you, @Kiilgore , there's a couple of your posts I find fishy in the way you insinuate things. But I think it mostly comes down to you being hard to read. I don't really trust anyone I can't "read" too well; and that's sorta why I currently trust Luster and Pf.D, they've both displayed some posts involving "raw emotion, sorta" and general gut feelings. Off the cuff things that don't look premeditated. You, Kiilgore, on the other hand... I dunno. Most of your posts have this very analytical, cool and almost premeditated even feel to them. In other words, you're a pretty good player and I can't tell what you're thinking. That's the general base of it.

<.<
>.>

Or maybe I am Mafia, and my super secret special awesome plan is working! I killed Trip to make myself look Town, and then I call out suspicion on my other Maf partner as a back-up to that, and to distance ourselves when, in truth, we are teh Scum! Mwahahahaha!! My plan, oh how it is working flawlessly! No one has ever called me suspicious or insinuated I was Mafia, Jester, Exexutioner, or any other role that isn't innocent! Mwuahahahahah...!!!

Going off what I just said, that's another reason I suspect @Kimberlyn . She answered the quiz, then had that (as Kiilgore calls it) "forced response."

I still firmly believe Trip has actively communicated with his scum partners in the day thread. I am 100% certain that's why he made the quiz. But, looking back on it, it's even more obvious to me now. Three people responded to trip's quiz: Kim, Joan, and Otaku(me). Maybe Kim just like quizzes, I certainly do. And Joan just seconded Kim's response there, which yeah. They've been friendly friends this whole time. Nothing weird about that... But! Look at what Trip did... he only called out me and Kimber, not Joan.

This is another long shot, but I find it to be possible. Trip and Kim are both Mafia. Their plan was to have Kim answer the quiz, then Trip would wait for some random to answer it, too. After that... he would then call out Kim and the Random as being suspicious for responding. The point of this is two-fold: 1) it distances the partners because the implication is allies wouldn't call each other out, and 2) it sets up a point of suspicion against the Random, making a pseudo-viable lynch target later on. (Why Trip didn't mention Joan as well... I'm not wholly sure. Perhaps because she didn't literally answer the quiz, just 2nded Kimberlyn. Maybe Trip didn't see Joan's post. Idk)

I don't think Kim ever really called out Trip for being aggressive, either. Now I can't read Joan very well, but she did have some things to say to Trip on his aggression... so, generally speaking, I trust her, too. But Kimberlyn? I dunno. Like I've said, I can appreciate Joan defending her friend, but this is a game of deception in the end... Kim also continued to refrain from voting for Trip, which I felt was sorta odd. I wanna think Kimberlyn agreed with my Trip theory, and sided with Joan on that front too. But when it came time to vote... Kim didn't side with Joan, nor maybe attempt to keep others from voting Trip (call me out on this if I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure I remember this right, but there were a lot of posts during last vote...). So, all in all. Whether or not Kimberlyn is acting odd/normal, I think the situation she's in is fishy all the same...

Alright. Unless anyone else has a good idea, or wants to make another defense case, I might as well vote. If anyone still finds me suspicious as well, I won't hold it against you to vote for me. So I plan to vote for Kimberlyn.

Post-Edit: I MAYBE plan to vote Kimberlyn. Thinking about it, but still not sure.

Or maybe I am Mafia, and my super secret special awesome plan is working! I killed Trip to make myself look Town, and then I call out suspicion on my other Maf partner as a back-up to that, and to distance ourselves when, in truth, we are teh Scum! Mwahahahaha!! My plan, oh how it is working flawlessly! No one has ever called me suspicious or insinuated I was Mafia, Jester, Exexutioner, or any other role that isn't innocent! Mwuahahahahah...!!!
if you wanna get technical.... I insinuated that you trip and Kimber were maf on Day phase 1 with the survey thing...

Trip's point with the survey thing was that 'the two of you can't be mafia together because you both went right for the survey'
Joan had hesitations with the survey.

@Luster

Have your suspicions on @Kimberlyn changed? or are they still present?
I don't recall seeing why you voted @Matizze so could you please say why (again if you did). Are your suspicions still present?.
Why do you trust Joan the most?

I mean, I do still have suspicions on @Matizze and @Kimberlyn. Really anyone who did not vote. I think at that point of lynching trip was necessary, and even if he was Jester, he could only pick one. If either were a plain old townie (as Kim [can I call you that?] claimed), there's no real loss with being chosen, but they didn't vote. trip was pretty clearly not a doctor, either. I would understand why a maf would not vote a fellow maf up and I understand not wanting to be the deciding vote. Kimberlyn said she would have made the final vote, but she didn't give any indication prior to. Also, I think both have experience in a game similar to this, so, I don't think it could be chalked up to ignorance.

@Joan just reads super trustworthy tbh.

As to why I originally voted up Matizze, they kept pushing for waiting on a detective. If we kept waiting, we would lose another townie and be at a further disadvantage, plus, if the detective outed themselves, eventually, they would be dead as well sooner rather than later.

@Kiilgore hope that kinda made sense.

I didn't get any alerts, what'd I miss?

Kim is fine. :D

In regards to saying there's no real loss, I beg to differ. Any loss of a townie is a greater advantage to the maf, whether they have a role or not. Plus, ya know, no one wants to die in this game. >.>

As to why I didn't give any indication, that's because by the time I decided to go ahead and vote, you had already done so once again. Like I said, I've been busy, so I didn't have much time to post.

Plus, as somebody (Otaku I think) pointed out, town was struggling to stay ahead of maf as it was. If Trip had been jester and he had picked a townie...we would kind of have been in a bad place @Luster

That said, I did vote for Trip so I obviously thought it was worth the risk, I just wanted to point that out because, to me, the idea that losing a townie equals no real loss is kind of shaky logic at this point.

If there was a real push to lynch someone, and I didn't have a role and thought they were jester, I would vote guilty. And it was pretty clear that trip was going to be lynched. I'd rather increase the chances of them picking a nonrole townie. Especially, if I hadn't been offering anything to the conversation anyways. Even when @Kimberlyn wasn't so busy, there were no suspicions offered. The same goes for @Matizze.

That's what I meant by no real loss @Joan

Status
Not open for further replies.