Mafia Day Thread: Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLE LIST
2 Mafioso = A member of the mafia who decides who to kill each night. They take it in turns to visit the player they are targeting to kill. Ruling note- if the mafia kill fails they will be informed that it failed, but not why it failed, meaning they do not know if it was due to night immunity or the player being healed by the doctor.
1 Consort = A member of the mafia who decides to roleblock one person each night, preventing that player's night action from being carried out if the player has one. Becomes a mafioso if all the mafiosos are dead. Ruling notes- Roleblocking works on the detective, tracker and doctor, but not the medium, because the medium's night action occurs before everyone else's resolves. If the roleblocked player has a night action that can be roleblocked then they will informed that they were roleblocked; if the player has no night action/cannot be roleblocked then they will not be informed since the roleblock wouldn't have done anything.
1 Doctor = An innocent who may heal a player to prevent them from being killed once every night. They may heal themselves twice. Ruling note- neither the doctor or the healed player will be told if the healed player was targeted by the mafia.
1 Detective = An innocent who may learn the faction (innocent, mafia, or neutral) of one player every night.
1 Medium = An innocent who may speak with all dead players during the night phase. They are immune from being killed for the first two night phases only. Ruling note- They will speak to dead players in a chat separate to the dead chat, so that dead players may continue to talk during the day phase.
1 Tracker = An innocent who may visit another player's house at night and see who visited that player. The roles in this game who can visit other people (excluding the tracker) are the mafioso, doctor, detective, vigilante and consort.
1 Vigilante = An innocent who may kill another player at night. This ability may be used one time only. If the vigilante kills an innocent player (as opposed to a neutral or mafia player) then the following night they will commit suicide and also die.
1 Executioner = A neutral whose win condition is to get a target town member lynched- their target will be randomly generated. The executioner is immune from being killed at night. If their target is killed at night, the executioner becomes a jester.
1 Jester = A neutral whose win condition is to be lynched. The jester is immune from being killed at night. If the jester succeeds at getting lynched they have the ability to kill one of the people who voted against them the previous day - this ability must be used.
4 Normal Town Members = An innocent without any special abilities.

Other useful info can be put here upon request!

@Daz I'm changing my vote to Abstain.

Okay, so I'm sort of suspicious of Matizze but the more I think on it... I'm just not getting the strongest Scum vibes from them. They're either Maf, Jester, Exec, or Town. I'm scratching both neutral roles because neither seem likely, leaving Maf and Town... Augh. They're been sort of suspicious, and my original idea was a scum team of Trip, Pf.D, and Matizze but... I just don't know anymore. Plus, like, why is everyone else voting for Matizze? Luster and I and Pf were practically the only ones who seemed concerned, but now we even have Dipper saying sure? What's even happening right now?
( ╥ω╥ )

I know I promised to go with the majority before, I'm sorry. But I just don't understand why everyone else is okay with lynching Matizze. Augh, what about you @Matizze ? Don't you have anything else to say? If it weren't for Daz getting his results right about now, you would honestly already have been lynched.... like, we got the majority vote so easily. Don't you want to say something? .... Anything?

I just, I feel so queasy about all this...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Matizze
@An Otaku sure, I want to say a lot of things, but I sort of came to terms with the fact that no one wanted to hear them and the whole "anything you say will be used against you"-thingie.

But, yeah, as a courtesy of you saving me from death, I guess I'll say a thing or two.

1. I don't really have a fancy special role, so that makes me very reliant on trust. It also makes it hard for me to counter-claim any accusations made against me.

2. Holy guacamole I was so close to dying!! At first, I wasn't really worried, thinking there was no way a whole total of six persons would vote me, but holy cow! Uhm, I would compare the list of voters to those who voted for Trip and try to find similarities.

3. I'm going to keep believing Luster to be exe and I will keep my vote on them, partly because of real suspicions, partly out of spite.

...Okay, what?

I almost didn't post this because I'm full of hormones 'n shit right now, and that's definitely affecting my judgement, but... @Pf.D, why did you rate @An Otaku's post "Go Home, You're Drunk"? This may just be because I personally never use the rating since I think it's an unkind rating, but the feeling I'm getting here is telling Otaku in a not-very-nice way that he's a bit of a loon for pulling out...and that sets off alarm bells for me. Not only that, but I do think his concerns are valid, and...well, I've been mildly suspicious of you nearly all game, and I haven't been able to put my finger on why. Those are all probably affecting my judgement here, but...I don't trust you here. :/

Though, I do understand some people use the GHYD rating in a joking manner, so my personal feelings are probably mixed in this, but it just...doesn't feel like a joke here. IDK I'm hormonal and this post probably doesn't make sense anyway feel free to ignore it I'm not even sure why I'm actually posting this

2. Holy guacamole I was so close to dying!! At first, I wasn't really worried, thinking there was no way a whole total of six persons would vote me, but holy cow! Uhm, I would compare the list of voters to those who voted for Trip and try to find similarities.
I mean, that's kind of how this game works--a few people start a vote rolling, and then others follow. ...Oh hey, I think I understand now what Trip meant by "sheeping the hysteria"...

Though, now that you mention it, @IceQueen has kind of just rolled with any votes that happen...which can be a viable strategy, but it's also kind of dangerous. o.o

I mean, that's kind of how this game works--a few people start a vote rolling, and then others follow. ...Oh hey, I think I understand now what Trip meant by "sheeping the hysteria"...

Though, now that you mention it, @IceQueen has kind of just rolled with any votes that happen...which can be a viable strategy, but it's also kind of dangerous. o.o
Half of it is people getting super cereal about all the voting and stuff. I just read some of the arguments and then I make a decision. @Pf.D is still suspicious to me but to be honest I can't make a case about why. It's just a gut feeling about the way they're choosing their words.

Everyone who joins this game becomes a bloodthirsty monster.

Vote Tally
6 votes are currently needed to lynch someone.

Matizze:
Luster
Dipper
Pf.D
Kiilgore
IceQueen
Total = 5

Luster:
Matizze
Total = 1

Vote Tally
6 votes are currently needed to lynch someone.

Matizze:
Luster
Dipper
Pf.D
Kiilgore
IceQueen
Total = 5

Getting a little nervous over here... until when is the voting going to be open?

Getting a little nervous over here... until when is the voting going to be open?
7:30pm at the earliest, possibly an hour or so later since I may be away from Iwaku celebrating. I should be able to come on for 7:30pm, but I can't 100% guarantee it, sorry.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Matizze
...Okay, what?

I almost didn't post this because I'm full of hormones 'n shit right now, and that's definitely affecting my judgement, but... @Pf.D, why did you rate @An Otaku's post "Go Home, You're Drunk"? This may just be because I personally never use the rating since I think it's an unkind rating, but the feeling I'm getting here is telling Otaku in a not-very-nice way that he's a bit of a loon for pulling out...and that sets off alarm bells for me. Not only that, but I do think his concerns are valid, and...well, I've been mildly suspicious of you nearly all game, and I haven't been able to put my finger on why. Those are all probably affecting my judgement here, but...I don't trust you here. :/

Though, I do understand some people use the GHYD rating in a joking manner, so my personal feelings are probably mixed in this, but it just...doesn't feel like a joke here. IDK I'm hormonal and this post probably doesn't make sense anyway feel free to ignore it I'm not even sure why I'm actually posting this

I used that rating lightly, I didn't mean it to be offensive, it's just a lighthearted "omg you're doing it again lol". I didn't know it wouldn't come off as that. My apologies.

And I wasn't saying their concerns weren't valid, I actually agree with them for the most part but since we're basically out of time with this vote session I just don't know what having a repeat of the Trip Lynch will do to benefit us.

Something interesting, however, is that I actually agree with @Matizze in terms of their suspicion of @Luster , b/c if y'all remember, I was suspicious of them before and that hasn't really wavered the whole game. That being said, if you reference the Trip Lynch, I'm not keen on using a vote that will have no turn out (i.e. voting for Luster while the majority is voting for someone else). Though, it's not to say that I'll always vote with the majority, b/c that's not true, I'm just saying if the majority a least sort of aligns with my own suspicions and point of view then I would rather vote with everyone else instead of voting for something that won't go through.

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
Alright, fine. I've gone crazy... I don't know what I'm even doing anymore...

@Daz , I vote Matizze. Let's get this over with. I'm sorry...

• Love
Reactions: Pf.D
Alright, fine. I've gone crazy... I don't know what I'm even doing anymore...

@Daz , I vote Matizze. Let's get this over with. I'm sorry...
Cutting it close, huh? Well, Matizze has received the 6 required votes before I could post at 7:30, and so shall be lynched.

Matizze is knocked out by his lynchers, then steam rolled into a bloody mat. After Matizze's squishy death the town decides to investigate Matizze's house, discovering evidence that Matizze was a member of the mafia.

The day phase is now over, so please do not post here again until the next day phase. The night phase has begun, and shall continue until Monday at 7:30pm (BST). The night phase may end earlier if I receive all the night actions in before then.

@Joan
@An Otaku
@Kiilgore
@IceQueen
@Lost-and-Bewildered
@Luster
@Starlighter
@Kimberlyn

Stormy clouds cover your village this morning, leaving you all in the shadows. The atmosphere only gets darker when you discover there were two deaths last night. Dipper was found drowned in chocolate dip, while Pf.D was stabbed with the pointy edge of a mortarboard.

The discussion phase has now begun. It is currently due to end on Thursday at 7:30pm (BST).

*Sigh*
2-Junjou-Romantica-capture.jpg

I get the Vigilante wanted to be helpful.... but seriously? There's no way Pf.D was mafia at this point, why would you... I can't even... augh! Two deaths means Maf and Vigilante struck. Since we're down to a single Maf, I guess our Vigil was getting antsy but seriously? Why would you... augh. I guess maybe they could have went after Dipper, but that's even stranger...

Pf.D was either our Detective or our Doctor--which I can confirm because they visited me and I'm still alive--and the Vigilante in all likelihood just killed them. *Sigh*

Rest in peace, sweet Dipper. And rest in peace, Pf. I initially distrusted you, but you really were helpful even in spite of that. I'm sorry you went unappreciated. We shall strike down the last remaining scum in your name!
o(TヘTo)

Yeah, sorry about that. My reasoning was that Pf.D was the only person I had any sort of suspicions on at that point, and we only had one mafia left, so I felt it was worth the risk at this point...I thought wrong, I guess.

Anyway, guess I'm dead tomorrow night. Welp.

...All right, guys, this is the time to announce suspicions if you have any. Right now, we're 5 to 3, and if we don't get it tonight, we will likely end up 2 to 3, and at that point...we're pretty much dead.

This is the point I would call for role reveals normally, but I have a headache from numbing medicine and I keep doubting myself, so...idk. I'm gonna see if other people think it's a good idea to role reveal first.

Reactions: An Otaku
A quick clarification--my count in that last post is if we lynch somebody tonight...which, we may not do, but 3 on 3 is still pretty bad odds unless we can somehow get neutrals to help us, and I don't see that happening really. >_>

Reactions: An Otaku
I might be making too big an assumption, but I'm pretty sure the only way we could have two deaths is a combined Maf/Vigil kill. And if that's the case, I'm fairly sure I know who they are. (Post-Edit: yep, guess it was Joan after all.)

But, seeing as how we (Town, that is) only got one target left, I'm inclined to say everyone just come forward with their role this round and then we figure out whose lying. Does this sound like a good idea to everyone? We have no need to play it safe with only one maf left, and 5 innocents. Near as I can tell, here's our numbers:
-Mafia: 1
-Neutral: 2
-Innocent: 5

Town has a 5v3 lean, with majority being also five this round. I don't think we can rely on the EXEC for anything now since the game's nearing conclusion. I think they might be desperate to lynch a certain someone, an innocent someone. Jester has been.... strangely quiet this game; I'd wager they're Lost-and-Bewildered or another player whose been largely AFK.

What really concerns me is Dipper's death.... why would Maf or Vigil go after him? I'd guess the Maf chocolate-swirled him because he'd been playing quietly, and they assumed he had a power role, which Dipper may very well have. If I had to guess, I'd say he was either the Medium or the Doctor; and then Pf.D was either the Doctor or the Detective. Dipper could also have been just a normal Townie, though...
Yeah, sorry about that. My reasoning was that Pf.D was the only person I had any sort of suspicions on at that point, and we only had one mafia left, so I felt it was worth the risk at this point...I thought wrong, I guess.

Anyway, guess I'm dead tomorrow night. Welp.
I'm inclined to believe you, Joan, but I guess the only proof we have is that you've been helpful and that you may or may not be dead tomorrow. Which... actually, that would be a pretty good Maf ploy, now that I think of it. Hm... Dunno though.

If true: then yeah, Vigil(Joan) killed Pf.D and Maf killed Dipper. Which... is actually not a bad move. If we assume N1 Atomyk died because random selection, then Lucky died for being helpful in theorizing, then I was presumably targeted for the same.... well. What this tells me is that whoever called the hits there, probably Trip and Matizze, were acting pretty rashly for the most part. But to go after Dipper... that's a pretty good call. I'm inclined to say maybe the Consort was last alive, thereby unable to make suggestions on Maf targets beforehand, but now its in their court and they're choosing to be more methodical about their targets... Just a wild theory, though. I have no idea how the Scum-aligned players are allowed to communicate during the Night Phase.

As a remark, anyone who voted for both Trip and Matizze is 100% innocent (another reason why I trusted Pf... sniffle). And, oddly enough, Dipper happened to vote last round, too. Starting to think he really was the Detective.
An Otaku said:
Sorry to keep posting, everyone. I don't want to spam or anything, but I'd thought we would have more time before the vote began for me to say things. Figure I'll die sooner than later, too. So um, here's the vote list for last round. Also, @Lost-and-Bewildered I think I said you hadn't voted for trip last round. I'm sorry, I misread things. But um, to the best of my knowledge, here's a corrected list of sequential votes.

Voted trip:
+Otaku(1)
+Joan(2)
+IceQueen(3)
+Kiilgore(4)
+Luster(5)
+Pf.D(6)
-Luster(5)
-Otaku(4)
+Luster(5)
+Lost(6)
+Otaku(7)
-Luster(6)
+Luster(7)

Voted Dipper:
+trip(1)
+Daz

Voted Matizze:
+Luster(1)
-Luster(0)

No Vote:
-Dipper
-Matizze
-Starlighter
-Kimberlyn
That's the Trip vote. And here is the most recent vote:
Voted Matizze:
+Luster
+Otaku
+Pf.D
+Kiilgore
+Dipper
+IceQueen
-Otaku
+Otaku

Voted Luster:
+Matizze
If we cross-reference these two lists for most likely innocents, this is who we get: An Otaku, IceQueen, Kiilgore, Luster, and Pf.D (deceased). Conveniently enough that is four people, plus Vigil Joan, we have five. Whose left?
Lost-and-Bewildered, Starlighter, and Kimberlyn.

I am certain these are our Scum, neutral and mafia.

So! from the previous day phase

Voted for Matizze.
+Luster (1)
+An Otaku (2)
+Pf.D (3)
+Kiilgore (4)
+Dipper (5)
+Ice Queen (6)
-An Otaku (5)
+An Otaku (6)

Voted for Luster
+Matizze

Did not vote

Joan
Kimber
Starlighter
Lost

Now. Compare that list to an earlier list.
Voted trip:
+Otaku(1)
+Joan(2)
+IceQueen(3)
+Kiilgore(4)
+Luster(5)
+Pf.D(6)
-Luster(5)
-Otaku(4)
+Luster(5)
+Lost(6)
+Otaku(7)
-Luster(6)
+Luster(7)

Voted Dipper:
+trip(1)
+Daz

Voted Matizze:
+Luster(1)
-Luster(0)

No Vote:
-Dipper
-Matizze
-Starlighter
-Kimberlyn

(Yes, Otaku just posted this. Sue me. I had it typed up for a while, while thinking of what else and meeeeeeeeeeeeh. And Yes I did it in the way he did. Double sue me.)

The other common than starlighter, (which I don't know when she got back (if she did), but might be back now given her last online time was about an hour ago as of typing this) no-vote is Kimberlyn.

@Kimberlyn Defense?

@Starlighter thoughts on the situation? (if you are back)

@Luster How do you feel about kimber now? Any changes?

--------------
@An Otaku

If my thought of Pf.D's role was correct, then there still is a chance our detective is alive.
See, I don't know how many of you noticed, but Pf.D had made a soft counterclaim (as it would be), quoting Matizze saying 'would you vote trip if I told you I was doctor' or something to that effect.

@Joan @An Otaku

I knew Pf.d was doctor said when they told me that they'd counterclaim doctor if it meant that I'd vote up trip.

My suspicions lean towards @Kimberlyn only because I felt like @Starlighter has been relatively alway from the game.

I believe that @Kiilgore Is the executioner and their target was you Otaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.