Mafia Day Thread: Round 3

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLE LIST
2 Mafioso = A member of the mafia who decides who to kill each night. They take it in turns to visit the player they are targeting to kill. Ruling note- if the mafia kill fails they will be informed that it failed, but not why it failed, meaning they do not know if it was due to night immunity or the player being healed by the doctor.
1 Consort = A member of the mafia who decides to roleblock one person each night, preventing that player's night action from being carried out if the player has one. Becomes a mafioso if all the mafiosos are dead. Ruling notes- Roleblocking works on the detective, tracker and doctor, but not the medium, because the medium's night action occurs before everyone else's resolves. If the roleblocked player has a night action that can be roleblocked then they will informed that they were roleblocked; if the player has no night action/cannot be roleblocked then they will not be informed since the roleblock wouldn't have done anything.
1 Doctor = An innocent who may heal a player to prevent them from being killed once every night. They may heal themselves twice. Ruling note- neither the doctor or the healed player will be told if the healed player was targeted by the mafia.
1 Detective = An innocent who may learn the faction (innocent, mafia, or neutral) of one player every night.
1 Medium = An innocent who may speak with all dead players during the night phase. They are immune from being killed for the first two night phases only. Ruling note- They will speak to dead players in a chat separate to the dead chat, so that dead players may continue to talk during the day phase.
1 Tracker = An innocent who may visit another player's house at night and see who visited that player. The roles in this game who can visit other people (excluding the tracker) are the mafioso, doctor, detective, vigilante and consort.
1 Vigilante = An innocent who may kill another player at night. This ability may be used one time only. If the vigilante kills an innocent player (as opposed to a neutral or mafia player) then the following night they will commit suicide and also die.
1 Executioner = A neutral whose win condition is to get a target town member lynched- their target will be randomly generated. The executioner is immune from being killed at night. If their target is killed at night, the executioner becomes a jester.
1 Jester = A neutral whose win condition is to be lynched. The jester is immune from being killed at night. If the jester succeeds at getting lynched they have the ability to kill one of the people who voted against them the previous day - this ability must be used.
4 Normal Town Members = An innocent without any special abilities.

Other useful info can be put here upon request!

D

Daz

This is the day phase discussion area for the current Mafia forum game. Here I shall announce who died during the previous night phase and the results of lynching votes, while players may discuss and vote on who they think should be lynched during the day phase.

@Joan
@Dipper
@An Otaku
@Kiilgore
@IceQueen
@†rip
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Pf.D
@Lost-and-Bewildered
@Luster
@Atomyk
@Matizze
@Starlighter
@Kimberlyn

In your humble little town with just 14 residents, one day begins unlike any before it. The town wakes up to find one of its residents has been brutally murdered. Atomyk has been detonated by a mini atomic blast, and is now dead.

Discussion may now begin. Discussion will end on Sunday 23rd at 7:30pm (GMT), unless there is a request to extend discussion time. The voting phase shall begin after that.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Atomyk
RIP Atomyk. :( Welp, this was an start.

At least we have something to work off of this time...
Hello peeps

Anyone have any theories yet?

Too early. Also, I have noticed that in this game- theories get you murdered.

• Love
Reactions: Pf.D
Well, I haven't played this in a while, so my manipulation-for-information techniques are a little rusty. xD

read: I got nothin'

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Pf.D and Joan
RIP Atomyk
Playing: Aphex Twin - Avril 14th.mp3 - picosong
I'm sure he was a righteous dude.

Alright, let's start off with a random question stage:
a) Are you mafia?
b) Would you answer question a truthfully if you were?
c) Aging normally, If you'd have to make your selection within the next 4 hours, would you rather
  1. have unlimited timetravel ability, but be confined to a 4 square mile territory of your choosing
  2. have unlimited teleporting ability, but be stuck in a loop of 4 days starting 4 hours from now, for 44 years
  3. travel 4 years back in time, using the 4 hours (- time to decide) to memorize as many sports results as you can (no extra items or inscriptions)
  4. travel 444 years into a guaranteed-utopian future, and come back after 5 months and 20 minutes

Wow, that was fast. Anyway.

I have absolutely nothing. Nothing to see here.

I'm not sure what the point of those questions is supposed to be, Trip. o.O Especially the last one. It just kind of comes out of nowhere.

I shall humor you.

a) of course not
b) of course not
c) option 4, duh

I shall humor you.

a) of course not
b) of course not
c) option 4, duh
Those are literally the same answers I would give though

Personally, I'm not convinced Atomyk didn't off himself in some ill-conceived experiment. It can't be a coincidence that he died from an atomic blast...

Oh, a questionnaire? How fun!

a) Are you mafia? ╮( ̄~ ̄)╭
b) Would you answer question a truthfully if you were? (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
c) Aging normally, If you'd have to make your selection within the next 4 hours, would you rather
  1. have unlimited timetravel ability, but be confined to a 4 square mile territory of your choosing
  2. have unlimited teleporting ability, but be stuck in a loop of 4 days starting 4 hours from now, for 44 years
  3. travel 4 years back in time, using the 4 hours (- time to decide) to memorize as many sports results as you can (no extra items or inscriptions)
  4. travel 444 years into a guaranteed-utopian future, and come back after 5 months and 20 minutes
Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ) I don't particularly like any of these options, but I'll elect option 1 under the pretense my ability restricts me to the territory but doesn't affect anything I might do within my own time (i.e., leaving the area).

Reactions: Pf.D
I'm v suspicious of @Dipper. Though, I'm incredibly biased, so take that with a grain of salt.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper
If we go by the logic, anyone can be mafia, I am suspicious of everyone expect myself. I also have red alerts up for @Kiilgore, @Luster and @Starlighter since they were mafia in the past. Very high alerts for @Kiilgore since they have been mafia twice before.

I have my suspicions about someone, but I fear if I call out too soon shit gonna go down so I shall stay quiet for now

I have my suspicions about someone, but I fear if I call out too soon shit gonna go down so I shall stay quiet for now

At this point, you might as well call them out. Any of our deathes is a lead if the mafia is playing stupid... heck, if they play smart, it's also a lead.

Yes. Let us call out the clearly suspicious folks! After all, anyone showing warning signs this early.... well. Most alarming indeed.

Of course, I don't have any reads myself so... *shrug*

Yes. Let us call out the clearly suspicious folks! After all, anyone showing warning signs this early.... well. Most alarming indeed.

Of course, I don't have any reads myself so... *shrug*

Mine was more of a joke, because @Dipper got me lynched last game.

Hmm... Actually a nightkill n1. does this clear me now? I mean.... N1 kills don't happen when I'm maf... Yet one happened... jkjk. Maf got luckier this time by not getting doc's target/(in this game...)exe is all.
Don't use that as grounds for anything.

I also have red alerts up for @Kiilgore, @Luster and @Starlighter since they were mafia in the past. Very high alerts for @Kiilgore since they have been mafia twice before.
Just because we have been mafia before doesn't mean we are again. Is it possible? Yes. Does it create grounds of suspicion? I doubt it.

(Just an fyi this first day phase I'll be busy with chess camp and a tournament.)

I wouldn't suspect people who've been mafia before. It's a possibility, but highly unlikely.

I for one suspect everybody.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Lusterine
Status
Not open for further replies.