Mafia Day Thread: Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROLE LIST
2 Mafioso = A member of the mafia who decides who to kill each night. They take it in turns to visit the player they are targeting to kill. Ruling note- if the mafia kill fails they will be informed that it failed, but not why it failed, meaning they do not know if it was due to night immunity or the player being healed by the doctor.
1 Consort = A member of the mafia who decides to roleblock one person each night, preventing that player's night action from being carried out if the player has one. Becomes a mafioso if all the mafiosos are dead. Ruling notes- Roleblocking works on the detective, tracker and doctor, but not the medium, because the medium's night action occurs before everyone else's resolves. If the roleblocked player has a night action that can be roleblocked then they will informed that they were roleblocked; if the player has no night action/cannot be roleblocked then they will not be informed since the roleblock wouldn't have done anything.
1 Doctor = An innocent who may heal a player to prevent them from being killed once every night. They may heal themselves twice. Ruling note- neither the doctor or the healed player will be told if the healed player was targeted by the mafia.
1 Detective = An innocent who may learn the faction (innocent, mafia, or neutral) of one player every night.
1 Medium = An innocent who may speak with all dead players during the night phase. They are immune from being killed for the first two night phases only. Ruling note- They will speak to dead players in a chat separate to the dead chat, so that dead players may continue to talk during the day phase.
1 Tracker = An innocent who may visit another player's house at night and see who visited that player. The roles in this game who can visit other people (excluding the tracker) are the mafioso, doctor, detective, vigilante and consort.
1 Vigilante = An innocent who may kill another player at night. This ability may be used one time only. If the vigilante kills an innocent player (as opposed to a neutral or mafia player) then the following night they will commit suicide and also die.
1 Executioner = A neutral whose win condition is to get a target town member lynched- their target will be randomly generated. The executioner is immune from being killed at night. If their target is killed at night, the executioner becomes a jester.
1 Jester = A neutral whose win condition is to be lynched. The jester is immune from being killed at night. If the jester succeeds at getting lynched they have the ability to kill one of the people who voted against them the previous day - this ability must be used.
4 Normal Town Members = An innocent without any special abilities.

Other useful info can be put here upon request!

Although it is an interesting theory, I fail to see the relevance of the questions because they are random, and nothing to do with the game.

So using that as an argument for that thought is poorly done imho.

Heck....
It could also be used on the flip side, especially since you said the initial thought of them not being mafia together.

All three of you are maf, and you used that question thing and told them to respond to it in the mafia chat.

Just...
Feels too convenient for some reason.
What, I can't have a sense of humor? D:

The frick, I wasn't getting alerts...? My alerts must have bugged and not shown me the little badge again...

Anyway, I don't see enough justification to vote somebody up just yet, so I abstain.

@Luster We do in fact have an Executioner in our midst. Unless that was Atomyk who died from an untimely nuclear blast...

@Daz Just to confirm, the executioner has night immunity, correct?

Maybe we should have another master list posted at the beginning of the day thread

I'm town, and also serious about not wasting this opportunity. I'm also happy with the way some discussion was generated.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
I actually have a two fold reason for abstaining. One is that I don't want to kill a townie, but the second is something that just dawned on me earlier. There is nothing that says that the one kill wasn't our vigilante acting early. Right now, we can't even confirm the first kill was a mafia kill.

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
I'd also like to go on record to say I am, in fact, a Townie.

So, carry on. No need to look at me suspiciously. Just a regular Townie doing regular Townie things.

Also. @Daz . Would we be told by you during the morning segment if someone commits suicide versus being murdered? (in terms of the vigilante)

What, I can't have a sense of humor? D:

It was moreso pointing something out that didn't jive too well with me that Trip said.

but anyways, for now unless further discussion will be able to convince me otherwise, I vote for nolynch.

• Thank You
Reactions: Daz
It was moreso pointing something out that didn't jive too well with me that Trip said.

but anyways, for now unless further discussion will be able to convince me otherwise, I vote for nolynch.
And who do you think will generate that discussion, and, furthermore, based on what?

I'm inclined to lean townward when it comes to guessing your alignment for that outburst of:
Although it is an interesting theory, I fail to see the relevance of the questions because they are random, and nothing to do with the game.

So using that as an argument for that thought is poorly done imho.

Heck....
It could also be used on the flip side, especially since you said the initial thought of them not being mafia together.

All three of you are maf, and you used that question thing and told them to respond to it in the mafia chat.

Just...
Feels too convenient for some reason.
Hypothetically speaking, I would consider applying this clever and proactive scum tactic.. and you a nuisance for seeing through it.

Interesting feature. I was just testing it above, but the result of the next dice throw will equate the number of the person I will vote today, unless it's Kiilgore, An Otaku, Kimberlyn or myself.

I actually have a two fold reason for abstaining. One is that I don't want to kill a townie, but the second is something that just dawned on me earlier. There is nothing that says that the one kill wasn't our vigilante acting early. Right now, we can't even confirm the first kill was a mafia kill.

This is a fair thought to pursue. But wouldn't that only have two potential outcomes? Aggro. vigilante picks someone and it happens to be maf. Or aggro. vigilante picks someone that isn't maf and then has to kill themselves...so wouldn't that mean we would have had two deaths?

So in the end, it was a maf kill or it was an accurate vigilante kill which would mean Atomyk was maf...
.../sigh still so up in the air

Also. @Daz . Would we be told by you during the morning segment if someone commits suicide versus being murdered? (in terms of the vigilante)
Yes. If a person is killed by someone else's action their death will be described in the normal manner. If they are killed by their own action (suicide) then I'll specificy that they killed themselves.

Since trip (sorry, I'm struggling to tag you in mobile) changed their vote that makes the current vote count one vote against @Lost-and-Bewildered

This is a fair thought to pursue. But wouldn't that only have two potential outcomes? Aggro. vigilante picks someone and it happens to be maf. Or aggro. vigilante picks someone that isn't maf and then has to kill themselves...so wouldn't that mean we would have had two deaths?

So in the end, it was a maf kill or it was an accurate vigilante kill which would mean Atomyk was maf...
.../sigh still so up in the air

Well, we actually won't know that until tomorrow. Vig dies the night after they kill an innocent, correct? @Daz

• Useful
Reactions: Pf.D
The voting phase is over! Nobody has been lynched as nobody received the majority of the vote.

It is now the night phase. Please do not post here again until the next day phase. Please PM me with how you would like to use your night action, if you have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.