-M- Listen to the Bells

Vent didn't really react to that, and the car stopped, the old man turned to the three of them "Sorry guys, we'll have to pull over if we don't want to get washed away by the river, the bridge's not crossable." this said he turned around and went to the only place with a free parking lot and which was practically empty. A small café. He pulled over and helped the guys get out of the car and into the café, high and dry, he sighed and went to a table, instructing them to take a different one, probably for no good reason but to not deal with Vent.

"Let's take the one in the corner" Emmet wrote across his board with a bright smile. No matter how badly he felt about his brother's behavior, this kind of places always lifted his spirits no matter what.

Vent followed and just sat down in the left side, Emmet on the right, and SOMEHOW again, the younger boy had ended up in the middle, and the older of the three didn't even look at him really, he just took a small bag of sugar and played with it among his fingers.

Oh great. Exactly what he needed. Camile didn't want to spend any extra time with Vent, even if Emmet was a very nice companion. Frankly, the older boy scared Camile; who could possible crack a CAR!? It was straight up terrifying. But, He really didn't seem to have a choice, and even though Camile preferred coffee houses to cafés, the smell of coffee was still calming. Camile drummed his fingers on the table and hummed quietly. He'd wished he'd checked out a book from earlier, but he hadn't really planned on hitching a ride, either. By this point, Camile decided to give up conversation. Between an (admittedly friendly) mute and a nervous wreck of a tank, it probably wasn't the best idea.

Vent only lied down on top of his arms on the table and closed his eyes, looking quite exhausted in fact, while Emmet only wrote on his boar for Camile to notice "Do you want something? Our treat, since you're stuck here because of us" he smiled gently, but Vent did see, to notice the gesture and just looked away this time, at that moment Emmet wrote something different. "I guess I owe you an explanation about my brother" he implied.

Camile shook his head quietly. "No, its fine, really, I've already imposed so much..." He shifted in his seat. As curious as he was about Vent, Camile figured it was probably best not to pry. "It's fine, really. I don't mind about Vent. I should've been more respectful to him, and it really isn't my place. You're under no obligation to tell me something I shouldn't be sticking my nose in. I do appreciate the sentiment, though, but I would like to think that, considering this is about him, Vent would be the one who needs to be comfortable when discussing matters about himself." Camile offered a shy, apologetic smile to Vent, and pulled out his phone to check the time.

Vent didn't even reply to this, he just turned his dark eyes toward him for a moment and returned to lie down in the sighing through his nose gently. Emmet however shifted uncomfortably as well. "No, he won't talk to you" he wrote back, but in an angle Vent couldn't look. But the older man wasn't looking anyway so he just put it down on the seat and continued writing. "He wasn't in the library with me for no reason" he erased and began again "He was shielding me, and then we got stuck there." he continued his writing "Vent's not ... right. Something's off with his head, and he can't control anger" he finished and began again "My neck, my voice, someone took them from me. Vent's been hunting down that woman" he looked to his side.

Camile frowned for a moment and remained silent. "I'm very sorry that happened to you," he said quietly after a moment, his voice barely above a whisper, "I hope that woman can be found, and forced to pay the price for what she did." Camile stared glumly at his shoes. How tragic it must be for this family.

"No!" he wrote on the board and let out a slight breath trying to word out the same two letters, but then turned to Vent, who hadn't even as much as moved, and clearly wasn't listening. He probably had fallen asleep. "No, if Vent finds her he'll kill her or worse" he wrote on the board and then erased "He hates the living days out of that woman, she made him suffer for years" he finished and sighed quietly "...I'm sorry, I think I just needed to let this out to someone" he apologized and moved away, feeling extremely awkward now.

Camile blinked, confused. Was that not what Emmet wanted? Whoever this woman was, she was obviously horrible, and while Camile would have preferred her be handed over to the authorities, she still deserved some sort of punishment. He sighed, and but his head down, closing his eyes. Sometimes, Camile didn't want to be bothered with people. They were so confusing. And to think, Emmet should have picked up on Camile's abstiance from the other's personal life.
Bah, who was he to judge anyways?
All he wanted right now was to sleep...
ZzzZZZzzz....

By the time the three of them could take notice, they were far gone into slumber by now, the storm continued for hours and the old man just didn't want to wake them up because of how adorable the three of them looked that way. It was hard to tell when, but by the time the sun had fallen, he did wake the three of them up, and Vent only stretched to look out the window and notice it, it was still storming strongly. "FUCK!!" He yelled, smashing his fist into the table angrily and rising quickly to stare at the window, it was pitch black outside, and obviously flooding. the doors were covered with towels underneath and bags to avoid any leaks.

Emmet did flinch at his brother's reaction but his biggest worry right now was Camile, so he just wrote on his board "Do you want to call someone...?" he asked, absolute dread an concern wrote themselves all around in his face. But Vent did nothing but murmur angrily.

Camile's grogginess vanished when Vent's fist slammed against the table, but he let out a breath of relief when he found it only to be the older boy. Rubbing his eyes, Camile mumbled "bwuh? I Uh don't have anyone to call..."

Camile yawned and wiped his eyes, which had become tear-y.

"...No one?" he asked once more, now looking concerned about him "How old are you?" he scratched and rewrote with a gentle but also frustrated look on his face, something had been nagging him for a while now and he wanted to wipe off any doubts.

"No one," Camile deadpans. He didn't want to elaborate that most of his family had died. No parents, no grandparents, and no aunts or uncles as far as he knew. But it didn't bother him: Camile had made his peace with death a long time ago.

"Eighteen," he replied, "I'm living in a boarding house."

He shrugged, his fears had been confirmed, he didn't know about his circumstances, but then Vent approached, clearly having head that "We're orphans too" he suddenly said, which was something that surprised Emmet, just like that and out of nowhere, to a stranger boy, he was talking to someone. "Parents died when we were little. Never really cared, we only have our grandpa, and that's all we need. But you're old enough to work and make a living, why are you in a place like that?" he growled. "Emmet's too nice to you." he commented, sitting on his previous spot besides the boy, not giving him a look. "I just heard the radio. We're pulling an all nighter. So we better get along ... although that goes for me, really."

Emmet's eyes looked like it was christmas or something, he was smiling almost dreamy like, which made his brother uncomfortable.

Camile was surprised that Vent had wanted to speak to him, but smiled none the less.
"No, you misunderstand, the boarding house is not free, not at all. I'm expected to pay for the years I've spent living there now that I'm old enough. I've been paying my debt for a few months now."

Again, Camile opted to refrain from mentioning that he did have quite the fortune left behind by his family, but he would rather save that money for intelligent investments. For now, the young heir's inheritance lay untouched in a bank where it would gain intrest. It was the least he could do, and his current job paid just fine for the debt.

"And yes, Emmet is very kind."

"Kind my ass" Vent growled in response playing with another little bag of sugar "He has the kindness of a cat with the tail trapped into a mouse trap" he said and Emmet just closed his eyes in an apologetic smile, he bore a certain wrath toward his little brother and it easy to see.

However Emmet only wrote on his board "I'm sure you were well cared for" he smiled at him once more and laid back on his seat, Vent seemed more accessible now.

'maybe someone just needs to open the trap,' Camile mused to himself. Although, it was a little odd too sense Emmet's wrath: Camile much more preferred the sweeter version.

"I can't complain about the child care," Camile admitted, "my assigned care takers were very kind to me."

"I remember that kind of people" Vent growled once more "They weren't nice at all... you got lucky. I remember once Emmet said a curse because he heard it from the old man and he slapped him with a little billboard. I don't still quite know where he got it from" he mumbled the last part and just cracked open the little sugar bag.

"..." Emmet remained quiet for a moment and then wrote on his board "We were in a foster home too" he said, scratch, rewrite "But we didn't get lucky, they were mean to us, and then tried to separate us".

To that comment Vent only snarled "As IF they could!" ...And for some reason Emmet's eyes turned into that of fear.

Camile frowned. "Well, I guess I should be counting my blessings then..."

Camile was confused. These two seemed so at odds with eachtother. And why was Emmet so affraid? Camile gave the nicer boy a look that read "are you ok?" before turning his attentions to Vent. "I'm glad you two weren't separated, then."

"Of course we weren't!" Vent yelled, probably because he couldn't hold back "One guy came in babbling about us and tried to pull us away and I had to hurt him bad so he'd let go off Emmet" he replied angrily "The bastard was trying to give my little brother to strangers who didn't even know him, I wouldn't hold back then. Too bad no one adopted us after that, but we have gramps so I don't care." he finished and began eating the sugar.

Emmet cringed and then wrote on much smaller letter on the board and under the table only for Camile to see. "He tried to kill one of the orphanage's manager because a family wanted me, but not him. And he almost succeeded"

Camile swallowed nervously. While he did not feel like it was proper to separate orphaned siblings, he didn't want to condone Vent's behavior at all.
Though, but this point he learned not to voice his opinions on the matter.
"hmmm..." was all he said, and put his head down once more. All he wanted was to go home, and maybe forget about these boys for a while. Their whole life seemed to be some sort of mess, much stickier than his own, and frankly he didn't feel comfortable talking about this anymore. It was a little too personal, and Camile didn't want to bother with it.
People were so confusing.
And yet...
there was an odd feeling in the pit of his stomach. Was Emmet...trapped? Or even anything like Vent? Camile wondered if the mute boy was held back from a lot of things because of his overbearing brother. His eyes flickered to the speechless boy and then he closed them.
So confusing...
...zzzZZZzzz...