-M- Listen to the Bells

He looked up " ... PE and mathematics..." he replied shrugging, despite the fact that he had just blat out lied to the boy. He didn't like any subject, matter of fact he didn't even like school and he wasn't interested in being smart, since in his mind he had always been set on the idea of getting nowhere in no time, probably a house worker, or a labor man, maybe a builder, or a pipe carrier. Something heavy and work-ish. He turned to Camile and shrugged "Anyway I won't go to college so what's the point."

Camile nodded. "Well, I think you're very smart, in any case."

Camile sipped his coffee once more, trying to think of something to say. "I like writing, I suppose. English. Literature in general."

"I'm telling you, you're a smart worm!" he said, a little exited... He was probably trying to say bookworm, tough. He then took the boy by the shoulders and leaned in closer a little "You don't look like one tough." he then said innocently looking right to his face." ... "You don't look like a nerd at all" he added a tad annoyed.

Camile frowned a little from the closeness and the comment. "Well, I don't think people look certain ways because of their traits. And just because I do well does not make me a nerd, it makes me <i> academically inclined. </i> I appologize if I don't seem like a nerd, though." A mischievous smile slipped onto the boys lips. "Would you prefer if I wore glasses and suspenders?"

He jolted in surprise and gave him a weird look. "... I don't know" he suddenly responded, he didn't even know what the boy had just said, he just followed the slow curving of his lips, those frail looking lips... like they could break if touched...
He let go off him and paced away from him, taking his cup and sipping quickly from it. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" his mind screamed, he was shivering and his shoulders made that obvious. What was it about this just-met-boy that simply drove him insanely angry, happy and nervous at the same time, yet when he was with Emmet, it provoked him a horrible wave of jealousy...? Yes he was Jealous anytime anyone even tried to speak to his little brother, but this was different!

Camile tilted his head, but said nothing. For a moment, Vent had seemed to have a very concentrated look on his face. Camile wondered what had gotten such a quiet and thoughtful look on his face. Glancing between Vent and the sleeping form of Emmet, Camile poured himself a second cup, adding more sugar and milk. "Any more coffee, Vent?"

He looked at the empty cup and stared at him, something was seconds away from crawling out of his throat but he had had the mind to control himself and stay quiet. "Y-yes." he replied, giving him the cup but keeping his honest distance.

Camile took the cup and filled it, handing over some sugarcubes to go with it. He remained quiet for a moment as he handed back Vent's cup, and took a sip from his own.
"Hmmm...hmmm..." Camile hummed alittle, feeling sleepy again. He listened carefully to find that the storm had died down to heavy rains. Hopefully he would be able to go home soon. "Everything ok, Vent?"

The question was unintentional, but it triggered Vent, who punched the counter table strongly actually CRACKING IT, and he began to pant, pushing his forehead agaisn't it, probably to calm himself down, but this instantly awoke Emmet and his 'grandpa', who stood up ... but didn't go near him, Emmet instantly wrote to ask "What happened?!"

Camile was shaking horribly, eyes wide, mouth agape; the coffee pot rattling in his hand soon fell from the boy's grasp and his eyes rolled to the back of his head. Camile fell, unconscious.

Everyone gasped and the first one to tend to him was Emmet, his brother didn't even react at first until he turned his eyes to the small quiet scene, but still he didn't do anything about it. It was as if he didn't want to, or more like he was afraid he'd hurt the boy more...

Emmet laid down camile on a couch and gently placed his head on his lap, caressing his hair and just watching him tiredly. He wanted to ask what happened to Vent, but they already owed a counter and a cup... He just remained awake, taking care of the boy.

When Camile opened his eyes he was surprised to find Emmet's face in his line of sight. First, Camile thought about how his head hurt. Then, he wanted to ask what happened, but all of that was pushed asside as he did what he was naturally compelled to do.

"I'm sorry."

He didn't really know what he was apologizing for, but he knew he should feel bad about it. Camile screwed his eyes shut with a groan and sat up slowly. "Thank you...I'm sorry..." he rubbed his eyes a little."What happened?"

"He snapped" Emmet wrote on his board, then stretched a little "It's morning already" he wrote and then continued "Vent's pretty bad, he's nervous because he thinks he hurt you" he showed the board and then pulled it away, touching the boy's forehead, a soft relief on his face. "You're not sick at least-"

Camile smiled weakly. "I-I'm fine...really...I don't THINK Vent hurt me...I just remember everyone panicking and then...well, not much else. I probably just fainted is all." Camile rubbed the back of his head. "Th-thank you for taking care of me...I really have made a mess, haven't I? Sh-should I go talk to Vent or...?" Camile trailed off, feeling a bit apprehensive. He knew that prior to fainting, Camile and Vent had maybe sort of almost...shared a moment? His memory was fuzzy, and resold beginning to visibly shake at the thought of getting attacked by someone as thick as Vent, Camile knew he wouldn't feel right until the other boy was assured he was ok.

He shrugged "He didn't wound you" he wrote, and then pointed at where Vent was, sitting on the corner where they were when they had arrived the previous night. "He feels guilty" he wrote and then ran a hand on the boy's face, cupping it "You didn't do anything bad" he wrote. "Just try to relax." he let go and stood up, leaving his board behind and going to stand by his brother to tell him something in sign language, and Vent's eyes turned to Camile for a moment, looking extremely frustrated and tired.

What was it with these boys and touching people's faces!? It wasn't bothersome, bit Camile was starting to get a little...creeped out. Wasn't stuff like that usually reserved for close people?

Upon meeting Vent's eyes Camile gulped. "V-Vent...I'm sorry to have worried you. I-I'm fine, really...I didn't mean to upset or worry you..."

He turned to him looking quite stressed and shrugged "... 'T was my fault anyway" he only replied, turning to look at his brother and then standing up to stand by the boy "Hey uh ... my brother is asking if you want to go home, there's a flood outside so they're not letting anyone go outside... this might take longer and they say they heard on the radio there's even more rain coming... so we want to know... we can try and drive you there." he finished, not looking at him the whole time. He just felt so guilty...

Camile remained quiet for a moment. "I would greatly appreciate it if we could try for my home. You are more than welcome to stay with me until the storm passes."

He shrugged and nodded, walking to his grandfather and communicating the boy's thought, Emmet almost jumped at him and then began to write fiercely quick, and a discussion broke out for the next five minutes until everyone sighed, and he walked back, back of his hand on his side. "...They said no, the flood's apparently gotten big."

Camile frowned, a littke concered. Whike the cafe was suitable for waiting in, there was certainly no comforts, and the threat of being washed away was terrifying. "Well...alright. I hope it clears up soon...thank you for thinking about it though. I appreciate that."