-M- Listen to the Bells

Vent nodded at his response understanding the boy's exhaustion and didn't feel bothered when he fell asleep, he just looked away and continued to chew on the very small sugar cubes, while Emmet placed his jacket over his back gently and lied down besides him on the table, closing his eyes as well. Vent was now technically alone with his thoughts and he grew more and more nervous with the slow passing of the hours. He took a look at the clock. 9pm. JUST. NINE. He felt himself grow more and more anxious and he couldn't even let it out on Emmet or the boy or even have a conversation, the only waitress there was clearly afraid of him, and whom looked like the Café's manager just kept chatting with the old man.

Eventually he couldn't handle it any longer and he began to chew on his arm over his wrist side, just to keep himself from slamming the table or kicking a chair or anything that could disturb Emmet or that boy. He was so much younger, he felt like he was looking at a younger version of his little brother... And eventually without thinking about it, he ran a hand over his hair and cupped his face for a few seconds, before pulling away and going back to violently bite his own arm. Just what in the seven hells was wrong with him?

Camile slowly and groggily opened his eyes when he felt something brush across his face. Still drunk on sleep, Camile reached over and ever so gently moved Ven't arm away from the onslaught of chewing. Eyes closing again he mumbled something along the lines of "don't hurt yourself." He let his hand rest over Vent's arm, and his face became slightly troubled. It was plain to see that Camile wanted to stay awake, but his eyes wouldn't open again, and all attempts of conversation became nothing but gibberish with a few words here and there.

He stared in absolute awe, one arm under the boy's and his other arm now bloody under his fangs. " ... " he didn't have the courage to wake him up anyway so he just took his arm and placed it back to it's place away from vent and close to himself, before going back to his seat and taking a chopstick, just to chew on it. After a while he couldn't just stay there so he rose from his seat and went to stand besides the window. His hand now covered in bite marks. He never could handle silence very well...

zzzZZZzzzz-hrk-snort!
ZZZzzzZZZ...

Camile was still sound asleep. Either he was a really heavy sleeper or was just dead tired.
Poor idiot Camile: he had no sense of romance at all.

He stared at the boy for a while and then quickly paced to him, taking his jacket off and placing it on top of his back, his brother already had one so he couldn't mind it. He stood there and watched for a good moment, at the small being, how could there be someone so small, who looked like he required all the attention in the world, that was so alone...?

He looked up and noticed that the rain and wind weren't going anywhere, and that he was too anxious to even close his eyes, but even then, he sat down calmly, crossing his arms over the table and resting his head on top of them, staring at Camile and his brother quietly and moveless. What a beautiful sight, he thought. And just like that he finally calmed down. Falling asleep a few hours later.

Camile awoke with a gasp to find that the lights had been turned off and the cafe surrounded in gloom. Bringing his hands to his face, Camile confirmed his fears. He'd been crying in his sleep again, but he couldn't remember why. Sighing, and praying he hand't awoken anyone, Camile crept away from the table to see if the cafe was locked.

"It's locked" Vent said, raising his head, in the dark he did look like a completely different person, far calmer and serious, just ... tranquil. "You cried in your sleep" he commented, looking at his little brother "Your parents died, didn't they?"

Camile jumped and gasped, and then let out a shaky breath. He flushed, and looked at his shoes. He hadn't expected to wake anyone. "Uh....yeah..." Camile admits with a sigh. "When I was small, there was a fire....and, they didn't come out of the house."
'I waited, and waited, and waited' Camile thought, 'but they just never came out of the house...'

Vent just watched him, there was a gentler ... something about him now, he just looked forward and blinked. "My parents threw me away when I was born" he began speaking "Emmet's died in a terrible way" he continued, again playing gently with a little sugar bag "We grew up in foster homes like you... but eventually we grew so close people would either think us brothers or twins. Eventually... we began telling everyone we were brothers. ...It turned into a ... hope, for me. I was all alone, unwanted and crazed and simply... hurt, I guess. They tried to separate us when I was 14 and he was 12. I almost killed one of the men trying to take Emmet away because I was that desperate to not be alone. ... You're lucky I guess. You had company, someone loved you. I suppose that although we just met I... feel envy."

The amount of pity Camile felt for these boys almost caused physical pain.
"I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling that way," he hummed softly. "And I don't think you're crazy: I think you were just hurt very badly, and need to talk to someone who isn't Emmet; someone who can help you sort out your anger. I know what it's like to be lonely, trust me, I do, and even though I acknowledge I was lucky, I still think I should tell you that it really does get better."

Camile stuck his hands in his pockets, hoping he wouldn't anger the other boy. "I think...you just need a long hug, and BELEIVE me, if I could share my fortune with you, I would."

Vent stood up "And who would hug me? My brother's afraid I'll wreck him" he grinned, obviously he was stating that Camile should be the victim, but more in a mocking manner. Still it was hard to tell he was even joking... he was a very stern looking young adult. "You know, I don't think I've ever hugged someone and I don't see it as the solution. It's more like ... I don't need venting, or counseling, I just don't ... " he remained quiet. "What fortune?" he rose a brow, slightly looking offended.

Camile gulped at Vent's sudden statement, but tried to stay calm...

"Fortune, as in good luck," Camile amended. "If I could share my luck with you so that you were happier, I would, but I can't. I didn't mean to upset you." Camile sighed. He wished he was better at communication.

'All we can do is play the game of life, I guess, and see what we win and loose in the process.' Camile mused.

He looked at the boy with a slight glimmer of anger and confusion on his face. "You want us to be fortunate? What kind of fortune is living alone among strangers all your life? I pity you. Even if you had money, or the god damn heritage of Bruce Wayne I'd still won't want it. We - Emmet and I, we've always been alone, and then this man came one day and asked me why I was hiding under a cardboard box while everyone else was playing. I told him 'I'm unlucky'. He adopted me and Emmet the next day. The last thing we need is luck. We needed a family, we needed shelter and caring and understanding. I was touched in the head, Emmet is now mute. Seriously I don't want your stupid pity." he snarled but calmly, he took a chopstick and chew on it.

He knew pity when he saw it. Always.

Now Camile was confused. "Didn't you say you envied me? Or at least feel envy? One could only assume that means you thought I was in a better position than you, and so naturally I assumed you wanted the same fortune." Camile's eyebrows knitted together. He wondered if Vent would snap and kill him.
Probably.
Not like it mattered anyways, everyone had to die at some point.
"I am sorry to have upset you. Perhaps I was projecting."

Camile faced the floor, but his eyes flickered to Vent's angry face. It was probably best to say nothing else. Maybe Camile was the weird one: so used to loneliness that he didn't even mind anymore. His caregivers may have been strangers, true, and they may have left oncehe was old enough to maintain the hone he had, but they were still patient and kind.

Maybe they just wanted a chunk of his inheritance. Who even knew?

"I know pity when I see it" he sneered angrily "And just now your face was that of absolute pity. I envy you because you had a better life, but nothing else. I don't think there's anything else in this world that matters more than having someone... and you did, what I meant was that I envy the fact that you had parents who loved you once, that wanted you and held you..." he trailed off then, sitting back down "I wanted to be supportive of Emmet." he mumbled "...You have such an easy life. But that doesn't give you the right to feel pity on us."

Camile wanted to agree to disagree there. People were nice, but you could do without them.
Though, Vent was right about one thing, he really shouldn't have pitied them.
"You're right Vent, I'm sorry."

He crossed his arms and looked to the side, staring at his little brother for a moment. "... I'm sorry I rage about everything" he said, a tone of certain "hurt" on his voice "I can't control it."

Camile shook his head. "It's alright, I understand..." the boy stood in awkward silence for a moment. "I'm sorry to have been such an inconvenience."

He shrugged "Not at all." he replied and stood to walk over him, caressing his head like any adult would a child, messing up his hair "heh." he smiled, for the first time since they had met.

(I actually ship this lol)

(Looks like Vent's got his work cut out for him >83 ))

Camile blinked, a little perplexed by Vent's display of affection. It wasn't something Camile was used to, but it wasn't bad. Camile smiled a little in turn.

"That's a nice smile, Vent, you should show it off more."