Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nav Out of curiosity, should we expect character reviews before or after signups close?
Before. I'm planning to have everything wrapped up and posted by Sunday for those who have posted. (: Naturally, applications can still be posted up to the end of the day on the 1st to join for the start on the 5th.

There will be chances for new players (or new characters, if you decide you want to play more than one) after the start, however.

Reactions: Joan
@Nav

Speaking of closing sign-ups, that's when? Feb 1st?

@Nav

Speaking of closing sign-ups, that's when? Feb 1st?
Whenever 1159pm is for you. I won't be able to look at them until midday on the second anyways, so it's not a super hard deadline.

If you need a small extension, just let me know. It's no big deal. (:

• Love
Reactions: Sav
Whenever 1159pm is for you. I won't be able to look at them until midday on the second anyways, so it's not a super hard deadline.

If you need a small extension, just let me know. It's no big deal. (:
Lol great! But no worries, I think I've just finished up my C.S. Might spiff it up a bit, but other than that..

Reactions: Nav
My Character Sheet is officially done! @Nav I made quite a few edits. Fleshed some things out, took out some things...

Okay, so I've got another round of questions for everyone--this time, answer them as your character.

Example: Do you like cheese?

"No, not particularly."

Q: Do you have anyone that you care about? Did you have anyone? What happened to them?

Q: Do you hate yourself for being an Acerbus? Do you hate humans?

Q: Do you have a lover? Any Children?

Q: What's your most valuable possession?

Q2: "I used to, but there's no changing what I am. Humans? I hate most of them."

Q3: "No, never."

Q4: "An infant's soother."

Lol, Solomon's responses are so clipped because he's a tight lipped and distrustful person.

• Love
Q1: "...I... suppose I care for the elven folk around town that like what I do. They give me purpose. Some of them even reward me for it; they give me things like fine clothes and a fireplace to sit next to. Without them, I don't think I'd be able to keep going. Other than that, I don't think there's anybody..."

Q2: "I don't see why I should I hate myself. I don't see why I should hate humans. ...We're mostly the same, are we not? We think, we feel... we cry, we laugh... I wish humans would just open their eyes and see that there's no advantage from doing this to us..."

Q3: "As it stands, no, but... I unknowingly might. Other Acerbus tell me of this concept of 'memories'. How they can remember things about their 'past life', things like their wife and children. Sadly, I can't seem to remember a single thing. Maybe I have child out there, somewhere. ...I wonder if they'd miss me."

Q4: "I... I suppose my clothes; they feel so soft and warm compared to the rags I'd worn for months on end. Even then, the rags had been an upgrade from being stark naked in the wild. Wearing these soft, gifted silken clothes now gives me a feeling of safety. It reminds me that someone out there actually cared for something I created. But I know these clothes can't protect me forever."

• Love
- Do they know how to dance?
"Do I? Oh sweet Sav, there's not a dance in the world the ships haven't brought home. Take my hand, let me share with you the steps and swings of Windsor's dancefloors."

- Are they afraid of any particular animals or insects?
"Are you not? A hungry wolf, a venomous snake, a rabid dog, why, there are many animals you should be wary of if you fear death. If I weren't afraid of death, I would not still be here."

- Do they have a sense of humor?
"Why don't you try to make me laugh, hm?"

- Are they literate?
"Yes. I have no memory of instruction, but I do not quite remember life before death."

- How do they make their money?
"It's shameful, isn't it? I used to help out on the market, I will have you know. What I do now... Isn't it the same as any acerbus?"

Q: Do you have anyone that you care about? Did you have anyone? What happened to them?
"My dearest, departed mother. She is with us no more. There were others, but... People change."

Q: Do you hate yourself for being an Acerbus? Do you hate humans?
"You cannot judge yourself for who you are, only for what you do. I do not want to judge humans for what they are, it is not my place."

-But those who bereft me, the violent and the wicked, were they to suffer... There is righteousness in that.

Q: Do you have a lover? Any Children?
"Heavens no, what acerbus would be so cruel to bear children in these times? Not that I have someone to call my own."

Q: What's your most valuable possession?
"Oh, I've long lost that attachment. The most valuable to me is whatever keeps me warm and dry. This is fine."

Last edited:
  • Love
Do you have anyone that you care about? Did you have anyone? What happened to them?
Once. He betrayed me, sold me out to Orion.

Do you hate yourself for being an Acerbus? Do you hate humans?
What the hell do you mean, "do I hate myself"?? No! I can't help that I was expunged from the Veil, can I? Humans, however...Let's just say that when a whole species is out to kill yours, you grow to hate them pretty quickly.

Do you have a lover? Any Children?
No lover, no children. I had a lover once, but he's gone.

What's your most valuable possession?
Well...I hate to admit it, but this old thing. This staff has supported me in ways Alex didn't.

• Love
I think all this human hate calls for a rebellion hueheuehueueheuehehehe.

:")

• Love
8D Remember lads and ladies, Acerbus are sterile.

• Love
Reactions: Sav and Joan

They could adopt, but that would be slightly irresponsible seeing as they could be caught and killed any day. :P

LE GASP

I didn't know that, lol. Whoops.

When Acerbus leave the veil, do their bodies take on any gender/age? I probably should've asked this before I wrote Solomon's back story. heh.

They could adopt, but that would be slightly irresponsible seeing as they could be caught and killed any day. :P
Haha, I suppose! No formal adoption process though. Just snap up a random child and go. 8D

LE GASP

I didn't know that, lol. Whoops.

When Acerbus leave the veil, do their bodies take on any gender/age? I probably should've asked this before I wrote Solomon's back story. heh.
Great question! Yea, they generally keep the same gender and age appearance as when they had first passed but uh... exceptions exist? Yea. Exceptions exist.

• Love
Reactions: Joan and Sav
... Exception raises hand.

I thought it was a new body haha. Though I understand story uses for not changing it. What I'm trying to say is I wasn't trying to be 'special' >.>

Also Clarice doesn't hate humans per definition... There's just a lot of them she'd secretly love to see burn...

This is bad, isn't it?

Last edited:
  • Love
... Exception raises hand.

I thought it was a new body haha. Though I understand story uses for not changing it. What I'm trying to say is I wasn't trying to be 'special' >.>

Also Clarice doesn't hate humans per definition... There's just a lot of them she'd secretly love to see burn...

This is bad, isn't it?
Truthfully, the body of the individual has little impact on the story. May impact theion personality, but I'm good with aaaaanything.

Lol! Kill ALL the people.

Truthfully, the body of the individual has little impact on the story.
I was thinking amongst the lines of "John? Oh my god John is that you? I thought you were dead!" And have an Orion Knight hesitate because a character looks so eerily much like their long lost son.

Alas. My predictions fail me.

I'll have responses on applications on Thursday, just so everyone is aware! I've started reading them, but want to read through everything I have and post as a lump sum 'cause it's easier and less spammy. Applications are still open to submit and edit, though.

So far, amazing work! I'm super thrilled with this bunch!!

• Love
Reactions: Sav and Joan
Wooot! ;P

• Love
grey What an amazing, talented bunch! I was never expecting anything close to this amazing! *jitters with excitement*

Anyways, I still am on the timeline of starting the roleplay on February 5th. I am planning on leaving applications open (with limits) for anyone who wishes to join in the future AND/OR introduce a second character. There will be opportunities for new characters to appear throughout the storyline, no problem.

Also, I am aware Iwaku will be going down for a short while for maintenance as announced in January. I don't think it has definitive dates yet though, so the start date may be pushed back depending on when additional information on that maintenance is released. The start date for this roleplay will not be pushed up, however. 8D

I'll keep ya'll in the loop, but at this time, assume the first introductory post from me will come on the 5th of February.

Last thing: I've read through all the applications and may be coming to you with side/subplots throughout the storyline. Please don't hesitate declining if they don't interest you. I just want everyone to have equal opportunity to have cool, unique moments for their characters. Everyone's characters will have moments of extreme awesome, and moments of extreme weaknesses (like me throwing a typhoon on those fires ;D)

grey What an amazing, talented bunch! I was never expecting anything close to this amazing! *jitters with excitement*

Anyways, I still am on the timeline of starting the roleplay on February 5th. I am planning on leaving applications open (with limits) for anyone who wishes to join in the future AND/OR introduce a second character. There will be opportunities for new characters to appear throughout the storyline, no problem.

Also, I am aware Iwaku will be going down for a short while for maintenance as announced in January. I don't think it has definitive dates yet though, so the start date may be pushed back depending on when additional information on that maintenance is released. The start date for this roleplay will not be pushed up, however. 8D

I'll keep ya'll in the loop, but at this time, assume the first introductory post from me will come on the 5th of February.

Last thing: I've read through all the applications and may be coming to you with side/subplots throughout the storyline. Please don't hesitate declining if they don't interest you. I just want everyone to have equal opportunity to have cool, unique moments for their characters. Everyone's characters will have moments of extreme awesome, and moments of extreme weaknesses (like me throwing a typhoon on those fires ;D)
Woo! Side plots. Gotta love em.

Lol and pls drown Solomon. Angst ftw.

I'm so excited for thiiiiiiiis. Can't wait for some character interaction. Would anyone be interested i forming relationships with Solomon once the RP starts?

Nothing definite ofc. But if it seems like their personalities mesh, then...why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.