Lunardust- Part One: OOC & Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Love
Reactions: Dip
"Fairies need to breathe? Meh, whatever."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
I must ask, owner of the Cecil child. Who is Rian?

ACHIEVE_zpsfbwhtvkw.png

ither I find a way or I'll make one

• ☽ Name ☾
    Lucio Röloelon
    [Loo-si-o] [Ruul-o-le-yon]

☽ Nicknames ☾
    Röl **Preferred** & Luc **close acquaintances*

☽ Alias ☾
    Adrian Domus
    [A-dre-an] [Do-moo-s]

☽ Titles ☾
    Marked Demon || Et in Maledictum

Sex ☾
    Male

Age ☾
    "21"

☽ Race ☾
    Human, for the most part.

Birthday ☾
    Winter Solstice

• Unlike the others who had been born with their gift Röl's power remained dormant until it's effects began to show late into his childhood. In the past he had kept his hair cropped short and instead of the dark blue, nearly onyx hue it has now it had been a shade of the palest light gold with not a single magenta tipped strand. During the transition his eyes had been next to follow, the whites transforming into a thick, inky black while the irises themselves turned a startling shade of purple. The pupils themselves contracting into pinprick slits. Even his ears had been affected, elongating at the tips nearly like that of an elf and his fingernails turning into black animal-like claws. The most notable however are the tattoos that snake up and down nearly the entire length of his body. With the use of a black travel cloak and bandages he can manage to keep the marks hidden and away from prying eyes.

Height ☾
    6'5"
    Weight

94 kg

Body Frame ☾
    Lean and toned but not excessively muscular.
    Skin Tone

Olive

Eye Color ☾
    A violent shade of electric violet that's further accentuated by the disturbing black color of his scleras.
    Hair Color ☾
    A dark midnight blue, appearing nearly black with tips ending in a medium shade of magenta.
    Hair Type ☾

For the most part Röl's hair remains straight without much coaxing but it becomes temperamental in extremely moist climate.

Features ☾
    Due to the nature of his curse strange markings line his body from the ankle up and ending just above his left cheek. They usually range from eerily beautiful illustrations to nondescript squiggles that Röl suspects to be some sort of ancient language now unfortunately lost through time. On occasion, when he prolongs the use of his ability or exerts a large amount of power the marks will emit a purplish glow.

• Likes ☾
    Twilight
    The night sky
    Cool, shady places
    Moonlight

Dislikes ☾
    Dishonesty
    Interference
    (intentional) Carelessness
    Unnecessarily loud noises

Fears ☾
    Eternity
    Betrayal of a loved one
    White Masks

Quirks ☾
    Unconsciously, Röl tends to seek out the darkest corner in any given space to settle down or just generally be in.
    Is incredibly uncomfortable with the prospect of his ears being touched, prodded, or handled in anyway but with his own hands.

Has an unusually high tolerance for the cold.

Hobbies ☾
    Studying the effects of fauna and flora. Dabbles in astronomy.

Skills ☾
    Able to brew herbal serums or poisonous toxins from indigenous plant life.
    Can accurately measure the stars to determine location.
    Camouflage; especially in places riddled with shadows.
    To the surprise of others Röl does have a knack for cooking. His collection of herbs and spices aren't just for show.
    Living his day to day life in the wild tracking game became a necessity. At one point he's extended it to the other humanoid species which aren't that far from animals themselves.

Blessing ☾
    The ability Röl had been given is a powerful form of magic that allows him to exert his will over the darkness. Every dark crevice, absent of light and dipped in shadows is his playground. Of course he's not the only being that inhabits the space as he's discovered creatures that roam the other plane as well. He's taken to calling them Darklings and can even manipulate a few to do his bidding. There are limitations however as he cannot control Darklings that are far more powerful then he is. They can prove to be troublesome at times but for the most part they can be bargained and haggled with just like any other humanoid creature. Even if they are a bit dim. The real danger lies in the Shades. Ethereal specters with superhuman strength and even sentient intelligence. Unfortunately the few times Röl had personally 'met' one it immediately tried to kill him.

Other than the creatures themselves he can manipulate the shadows into solid substances to physically attack his foes or use the shadow realm to travel to certain locations. The latter being a faster form of travel but also dangerous in terms of the creatures and the lack of natural physics that can even distort time in extreme cases. He mostly uses it as camouflage, to cross short distances, or avoid falling damage by plunging into a patch of shadows. This is only possible however when there's a natural source for the shade seeing as he can only control it but not create it. The amount of time he can spend in the shadow realm is also limited as the thick miasma permeating within it is the same equivalent as toxic gas. Despite showing strong signs of immunity he can and has succumb to it's effects. The longest he's tested the boundaries is a single hour after which he started to experience mild breathing palpitations. It usually takes no less than a day for his body is able to flush out all the toxins and he is able to return.

Curse ☾
    In exchange for the Goddesses' gif Röl's physical constitution had been drastically changed. The exterior being the most obvious unlike the internal reactions his "new" body now faces. For example he can withstand relentlessly cold temperatures but thirty minutes or so under the sun would result in a heat stroke. The light in general has proven to be detrimental to his health with long term exposure being able to cause migraines, seizures, and internal bleeding. The cloak and bandages allows him to travel unperturbed in the day but there is still a slight chance that he could experience boughts of lethargy. In the dark these effects are reversed as his senses, ability to heal, and physical capacity are enhanced.

Morality ☾
    "There are no heroes, no villains, just people with different agendas"
    To put it more simply Röl doesn't generalize between black and white but prefers to see things in shades of gray. This usually involves putting things or people in perspective as to know is to also understand. More often than naught however he really could not care less about what is done as long as it doesn't leave any negative repercussions on his end.

Etiquette ☾
    If you leave him alone, he'll leave you alone. It's as simple as that. Although in very rare cases he may intervene if something truly crosses his 'moral code' or if it involves someone he cares for.

Attitude ☾
    Röl, at first may appear as an aloof and terse character but he is not an intentionally abrasive person. His demeanor is more apathetic yet he's capable in adequately expressing himself when and if the situation arises. Despite what he does and say he is a selfless person by heart, unbiased and tolerant of the cards dealt to him as well as those who cross his path. On occasion he may uncharacteristically demonstrate a dry, sarcastic sense of humor when the moment suits him and is even prone to light teasing.

Perception ☾
    Not one to overly generalize you could say he's rather flexible in this area depending on his understanding of the situation. In cases of which he lacks the latter Röl will try to make up for it by observing the facts to build a clearer picture.

Philosophy ☾
    "The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."

• Wardrobe
    Among his wears Röl prefers clothing that fits his frame and stretches to easily accommodate his movements. The only exception perhaps being his baggy, knee high pants that allows for dexterity and comfort. He also owns a travel worn cloak to use when traveling in daylight.

Miscellaneous accessory
    Coarse and used rope but still very much durable
    Thick pieces of string that he uses as a makeshift hair tie
    Small, oblong flasks each containing its own stopper

Protective Equipment
    A sharpened dagger
    An enchanted face shawl that allows the user to breath clearly in polluted air (sandstorms, toxic gas, etc.)

Most Prized Possession
    His cloak. It may be ragged and frayed but it has history.

Most Valuable Possession
    The amount of trouble he had gone through to obtain the shawl speaks for itself.

Allowance
    Currently he holds 15,032 gold coins. His profession had proved to be bountiful.

"I'm prepared to make a sacrifice to the Goddess in exchange for the light"

Inventory
    Cloth wrapped spices & herbs
    Abundant supply of wrapping strips. Useful for wounds or to use as covering.
    Brand new complimentary coin purse
    Parchments of hand drawn star charts
    Durable rope
    Thick pieces of string
    Small flasks
    Dagger
    Enchanted face shawl
    Travel Cloak

• Backstory
    For the most part Röl has lived a nomadic life. Not by choice initially but as time passed he became accustomed to the constant travel and even began to seek it out. These days he makes due by hunting wild game and exchanging potions for substantial pay. His main service or occupation however is that of a 'hunter'. Not unlike a hired mercenary those who wish to gain protection, fight against, or even kill one or several individuals may seek out their assistance. The main and fundamental difference is that hunters will only accept a proposal concerning supernatural beings who may (or may not) pose a threat to the general public. Usually this involves a variety of wild monsters, unholy creatures, but very rarely the sentients. Most of the latter are either smart enough to blend into society or to just avoid it altogether. Usually the average pay is high considering the dangerous tasks but in some instances Röl may not even discuss the amount when he just genuinely wants to help. Unfortunately in most cases what he tends to receive is wariness for his contributions.

Curse
    Apart from the corporeal changes that affected him physically he also had to face the ostracization of his own race and others as well. While magic is evident in day to day life and is accepted by most there are certain branches which are looked upon as undesirable. The powers he is able to control is unexplored territory, little is known about the shadows apart from it's unpredictable nature and dangerous instability. On one hand it tends to provoke apprehension but on the other there are those who seek to gain the very same abilities he possesses. It's by this reason that ultimately led him to the life he lives now and to lose a life he had yet to live.

• Sibyl Moejeon
    "A child by nature despite what she's seen"
    If Röl was to be honest he personally does not favor the idea of Sibyl traveling within the group. Not because he dislikes her but because he believes she is not mentally prepared for the journey ahead. This however does not mean he underestimates her as a person and what she is capable of.

Siri
    "Curious"
    Or in other words she's a bit of a pain even with his patient fortitude. Regardless, he doesn't mind all that much being subject to her rapid fire questionnaires and will even indulge her on some occasions.

Joan Raylen Drazelan
    "Capable and optimistic"
    While Röl is admittedly not the most positive person around he does find those who are to be refreshing. Although the exceptions are those who allow themselves to become so lost in their idealism that it takes away from their ability to accept reality. Joan, thankfully has the right amount of balance to keep herself firmly planted and he admires that.

Ashina Ashart
    "She's difficult"
    It's true that Ashina beauty is beyond any he's ever saw but it diminishes in light of her temperament. Despite what he's seen and heard however Röl is not quite sure he can form an immediate opinion especially when he lacks understanding. All in all he's not too keen on her purposefully antagonizing the others but if she can dish out the insult then he's sure she'll be able to deal with the consequences.

Matrole Greensun
    "Amiable"
    The giants strange but somehow affable disposition agrees with Röl's less than sociable nature in that he doesn't have to force himself to interact with the former.

Aurelion Elios
    "We share similar views"
    Röl favors Aurelion's opportunistic as well as shrewd approach to what ever situation or conflict he faces.

Turvan Burnsteel
    "Lacks in tact"
    While Röl acknowledges the man's formidable ability to fight and survive he'd rather do without his haphazard methods.

Cecil Hymn
    "There are only few I've met who are genuine in nature and in heart"
    There are so very few individuals who are honest in their efforts without expecting much in return and Cecil fits that criteria to the T.

O N Y X

Last edited:
Alrighty, with those few Plot PMs I have going on, I'll be working on that IC thread today.

Will it be up anytime within these first 12 hours? Most likely, because I have no life.

If not, then it'll be up by midnight probably!

Reactions: Isomia.n and Joan
Joan Raylen Drazelan "Her abilities are useful, and she's got a good heart. She could also eat two of me..."
Jᴏᴀɴ Rᴀʏʟᴇɴ Dʀᴀᴢᴇʟᴀɴ
❝ ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴏɴ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴀᴅ sɪᴅᴇ... ❞
I can't stop laughing at Aurelion's first impression of my character XD "She could also eat two of me"...oh my word XD There's also Sibyl saying she wouldn't want to get on Joan's bad side and I'm like "I doubt you will, but we'll see..."

Röl has been added to my character's relationships section, and that's our last character, right? This should be extremely interesting...I get the feeling this is going to be an epic mess and it's awesome.

Reactions: Isomia.n
Damn, we got a real edgy character for our last one, eh?

I'm curious though. He has crazy amounts of cold resistance, but can't take any sort of sunlight. However, as long as he's wearing a cloak, he's fine? So does that mean that Lucio doesn't have any issue with hot/warm environments?

e.g he'll just be like anyone else if the group has to travel through a desert, as long as he's in the shade?

@Why Not? oh my goodness!! im sorry. im so bad, i usually just assume either everyone uses midnight or im in the clear abt my coding. my apologies;;;;

i think i might make a little drop box on the bottom of my post, with a mobile-friendly version? i was gonna ask too if anyone was bothered with some coding? i could go bare but it's a personal preference to align the text and insert a div-box. i have no problem with doing no coding at all, but i just wanted to double check w everyone!!

w that being said, i updated the profile to include the relationships. i took it upon myself to make them vague, so the players could form their own thoughts on how sibyl views their characters.
Since you're asking, the only issue I have is not being able to see most of the special lettering on my browser. It just shows up as boxes. I've found that copy-pasting text I can't read into my word processor makes it readable, though, so I'm good.

• Useful
@Why Not? oh my goodness!! im sorry. im so bad, i usually just assume either everyone uses midnight or im in the clear abt my coding. my apologies;;;;
I wouldn't even worry about it. I love the way you format. teach me master! *bows*
You're all good, sir-- Ah, and you managed to find my secret weakness, good job.
?? if only I knew what that was, I could exploit it! What?
This excitement of yours was super great, it made me smile. (:
:D thanks! I do what I can.

• Love
Reactions: Joan
LavnderLights My character's name has been changed to Aurelion :D

I'm a mess. Haha! I won't even blame it on anyone else. Maybe I'll make it an ongoing joke that Cecil always calls Aurelion by the wrong name!

Also, @ERode, "owner of Cecil child" made my laugh really hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Why Not?
Updated relationship section to add in Lucio

@GrieveWriter Say...how do you think Joan's curse and Turvan's blessing would work together? As in, what would happen if she tried to fulfill her need using his life-force? I could see that happening if she gets particularly annoyed with him since she'd figure he's safe to draw from because he's super durable, but do you think that would actually affect him at all?

@GrieveWriter Say...how do you think Joan's curse and Turvan's blessing would work together? As in, what would happen if she tried to fulfill her need using his life-force? I could see that happening if she gets particularly annoyed with him since she'd figure he's safe to draw from because he's super durable, but do you think that would actually affect him at all?
It would effect him, just to a much lesser degree than if she were to do it to an average person. The closest thing I could compare it would be trying to suck up a drink through a clogged straw. You're getting something, but it requires nearly four times the effort and you hardly get any of the actual drink for your hard work.

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
It would effect him, just to a much lesser degree than if she were to do it to an average person. The closest thing I could compare it would be trying to suck up a drink through a clogged straw. You're getting something, but it requires nearly four times the effort and you hardly get any of the actual drink for your hard work.
That makes a lot of sense...now I really want this to happen at some point in the RP XD

Reactions: Why Not?
Does anybody in particular want to be the first person there?

Röl has been added to my character's relationships section, and that's our last character, right? This should be extremely interesting...I get the feeling this is going to be an epic mess and it's awesome.
1384107943_skater_group_wipeout.gif

The group in gif form. You guys better believe that after this RP get's rolling I'm adding face-cut-outs to paste onto that mess.

Damn, we got a real edgy character for our last one, eh?

I'm curious though. He has crazy amounts of cold resistance, but can't take any sort of sunlight. However, as long as he's wearing a cloak, he's fine? So does that mean that Lucio doesn't have any issue with hot/warm environments?

e.g he'll just be like anyone else if the group has to travel through a desert, as long as he's in the shade?
Yes! You've pretty much summed it up. He isn't necessarily bothered by the temperature but more of like the level of brightness. An example would be if you had an iphone and you opened it at 3 am and just get blinded so you turn the brightness down wtf that was a terrible example.

@Isomia.n : CS approved, congratulations!

aaannnnddd the IC thread is up!

CLOSED SIGNUPS - Lunardust- Part One: IC Thread

Do try not to run off on your own, now.
tumblr_m3dzlk4YcJ1qmw6ew.gif

Does anybody in particular want to be the first person there?
*will most likely be last because of who I am as a person*

Last edited:
sibyl has to be the one who falls and eats shit lmao. expect lots of tripping in this rp.

Status
Not open for further replies.