Luna Hall Academy: The Entrance Exam

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"So we aren't climbing up it after all. Thank goodness." Samantha clambered down with the rest, moving surprisingly quickly. When she got to the bottom, she stopped. Four possible pathways, with nothing to differentiate them. This could be a simple challenge, or absolute disaster. Deciding not to think too much about it, the redheaded witch started down the northern vine.

Reactions: Falcon
untitled-png.149461
Pandora Dawn
Pandora waited for few minutes, her body froze in her position and holding her flying broom tight between her hands, her heartbeats going so fast that she feared her heart would jump off her chest. She slowly looked at the ground, quietly and shyly listening everyone that arrived at the pillar and commented about the riddle, some of them making teams and others heading in their desired direction alone. She could do that and, honestly, that's what she really wanted, but again, the riddle said it would be easier to solve what lies at the end of whichever direction picked with a team.

The young witch sighed and nervously lifted her right hand and took some of her hair, gently swirling it around her index finger. "Damn it, if I keep being this shy I will never be able to complete this Trial in time," she thought, slowly moving her head to her right and secretly watching the students nearby. "I cannot let myself lose. Not like this. I've worked too hard to be and stay in Luna Hall and there's no way I will let my shyness blow it all for me. If not, I cannot call myself Pandora Dawn."

A gentle but strong wave of determination filled Pandora's soul as she nodded, agreeing with her thought. Swallowing hard, she gripped the stick of her broom and turned her body to her right, slowly moving among the students. She has to team up, but she will stick up with a single person because she knew how awful she was socializing with big groups. Besides, being around somebody was hard enough for her, especially if it was a complete stranger.

Luckily, Pandora spotted a young mage that was away from the group of students, just like her. Examining him carefully, she sensed his nervousness by the way he was standing. Stopping on her feet, Pandora looked down and nodded, tightening her grip on her broom and blushing faintly before proceeding to walk, heading his way.

As she got closer to him, she nervously stood beside him, on his left, and looked at the pillar, trying to calm down and the pink on her cheeks darkening. "H-Hello," she shyly greeted him. "Um... What do you think about the riddle in this pillar? Quite interesting and intriguing, huh?" Trying her best to go with the flow and making up a conversation, the young witch slowly moved her head and looked at him, shyly smiling. "A-Ah, by the way, my name is Pandora. Pandora Dawn."

Pandora gently lifted her right hand and held it in front of him. A handshake was something she noticed a lot of times among social interactions, especially in meetings, so she hoped it help her to have a friendly approach good enough for the young mage in front of her.

@Celestial Scorpio

• Love
Recollecting the environment around her Vinno finally got around o reading the hint on the pillar. This hint seemed like nothing but simple directions, and not a riddle. Yet it was perplexing, the Sphinx's song was nothing to scorn at. "Looks like we'll be playing an Oedipus this time, not the best motivator, aye?" Vinno whispered to herself as she finally managed to process the contents of the sign, as she recalls the story with the Sphinx that sang perplexing songs.

Vinno leaned against one of the pillars and tried to refocus on the general world around her, she gazed at the wandering students calmly with sullen eyes and an occasional raised eyebrow. To be frank, she was still a little shaken from being blashed a dozen feet by what ever rebound spell she triggered, and she didn't want to repeat the experience. Pulling out a small notebook with the words "Trigonometry and Casting" she scribbled down a few words: 'Fliege, 30. Overlay method decoding attempt failed, unable to gather information, recalculate circle.' Vinno took a deep sigh, her attempts at cheating out the trial failed, just like previous years, expect this time was her last. Saddening, but not the biggest of deals.

Most of the students she had made her way with has scattered already, as more and more others started to flood into the area from various layers Vinno was a little lost for options. She wanted to try and decode the trail site's restricting spell again, but looking at the height of the beanstalk that seemed like a bad idea. Instead she kept on scribbling on the notebook: "Adjust reference point, revise rounded numbers", but a voice and a hue that appeared in the corner of her eye cut off her trail of thought.

"Quite interesting and intriguing, huh?"

"Of course, with the amount of resources this school has, I won't be surprised if the limitation spells of this place is a perfect quadrigeminal." Vinno muttered, almost instinctively, as a comment about the riddle was made somewhere right beside her.

It took a second for Vinno to react, something really, really red was beside her. Vinno never did well with bright colors and lights, so this was quite a noticeable thing for her. Looking to the direction Vinno realized that it was someone's hair, it was a girl who can only be described as "she looks like she's on fire or something". It was also worth noting that the red tinted girl was also wearing a swimsuit top and shorts, something that Vinno cannot empathize within the slightest as she pulled her dark long coat tighter to keep out the wind. She was talking to a blonde tall young man, and they seem to be in the middle of something. "Oh." As Vinno finally realizes that she might have accidentally butted into someone's conversation, unlike most people she didn't really see an issue, honest mistake wasn't it?

"Oh, I apologize, didn't mean to interrupt." She snapped closed her notebook and look up at the two with a faint smile. "But yes, intriguing indeed."

@Shinku⭐Kun
@Celestial Scorpio

Celest had seen Pandora approaching and at first he thought maybe he was in her path. Though when she stood next to him he felt his heart go to extremes. She introduced herself and extended her hand towards him. It took him a moment to collect himself, one person wasn't that bad right? Taking her hand he shook it and smiled trying to be friendly. "I-I'm Celest Rose, nice to m-meet you." Once the two had shaken hands he slowly let go and relaxed a bit. She didn't seem too bad, if anything she was as nervous as him so maybe Pandora understood.

Looking over at the riddle he shrugged. "I actually haven't read it... I am waiting until the crowd thins out." He spoke softly as he looked back at the girl. He scratched the back of his head and chuckled softly. "I uh.. I tend to be shy and a loner so large crowds terrify me." Though he was relaxed he stiffened back up once he heard Vinno. Looking over he raised an eyebrow. She didn't seem bad but she did seem to talk to herself. Clearing his throat he scratched his chin. "What exactly is intriguing? The riddle?" The man asked softly.

He didn't want to come off as rude and well it was only two people. Everyone else was off doing their thing while he, Pandora and Vinno spoke. Sure he was nervous but what's the worst that could happen? Well a lot could happen, after all magic was a thing but he didn't think the two held any sinister plans to hurt him because he is shy. The snap of the notebook made him jump for a moment but he looked at it curiously. "Do you.. write everything down?"

• Love
untitled-png.149461
Pandora Dawn
"Nice to meet you as well, Celest," replied Pandora once the young mage shook her hand introducing himself. After the handshake, Pandora felt a bit relaxed, retrieving her hand and looking back at her broom, her small and bright smile not been able to fade from her face. She socially interacted with somebody without causing a disaster, so it was something she was happy about. She also felt that she was about to make a friend and if that happens, she will feel more than euphoric.

As Celest told her that he hasn't read the riddle written on the people and the reason behind it, Pandora's bicolored eyes widened dumbstruck. She was shy as well and hated crowded places, so she knew perfectly how he felt. Nodding, she slowly opened her mouth to tell him the riddle, but she was cut off by another person. Blinking twice, Pandora looked to the direction of the voice and saw what appears to be a boy in front of Celest and her. Still, there was something that looked out of place on the guy, so Pandora took her moment to examined him and realized that the person was actually a female with a tomboy appearance. The girlish voice also gave that out.

Glad that she didn't say something that could've offended the young witch in front of her, Pandora, cleared her throat and turned her body to face Vinno, this time not feeling as nervous like she was while introducing herself to Celest. "Yes, the riddle is really intruiguing, but... I think I might have an idea of what to find at the end of the paths available for us," she said and slowly took a few steps forward, facing the horizon. "The riddles says that each path contains a unique challenge and noticing that the paths are North, South, East, and West, I have this, um... Silly speculation that the trials may be related to the houses of Luna Hall."

Realizing that she was talking without any social nervousness with Celest and Vinno, Pandora felt kind of embarrassed. She sighed lowly after not caring about it and turned around to face them, looking at them with a smile. "But, yeah, l-like a said... That's just a mere hypothesis that I make out after remembering that last clue the headmaster told us before beginning this Trial: 'Luna Hall has four houses'. That can be related to this riddle, but it can also be related to each floor of this labyrinth. Also, I'm not quite sure if I understood the last part of the riddle, the part where it explains to be careful with the sphinx's song."

After finishing talking, she took a deep breath and grabbed the stick of her broom with both of her hands tightly, placing her eyes on Celest and Vinno. "S-So... What do you guys think? You know, now that we're talking with each other, I was also wondering if we could... Team up. B-But sure, t-that's only if you want." Pandora let go a nervous chuckled, swallowing hard and her heart racing even when she tried her best to keep it cool.

@Celestial Scorpio @Cresion Breezes

• Love
Back in the great hall of Luna Hall Academy the headmaster gestured with his wings at the large box that sat on a central table. "Come! it looks like another batch of students has reached the base of the Beanstalk. It's a large group, but I get the feeling they won't stay together."

"I wonder if any of them have figured out that the directions do in fact stand for houses they are associated with."

"I hope so," a musical voice chimed in as a tall, willowy figure joined Sebastian Davis and the headmaster watching the screen. dark ebony fingers gestured at the screen. This was Hazel Kirabo the head of SphinxHill. "It will give the students of those house an advantage so long as they've paid attention to our lore."

"looks like one of the new students is headed North down Sphinx road," Sebastian Davis cut in checking the student list., "Samantha Mitchell, I believe."

"Any one going with her?"

"Not yet but it looks like they may divide up soon. Anyone want to bet on who goes in which direction?" Instructor Davis continued, "Pandora's down there and I know she's probably figured out the directional clues by now. The Leviathan road is to the west --"

"Why must you make everything a game," Hazel sighed.

"Because it's more fun that way."

Reactions: Stray Shinku
Vinno placed the notebook back into her coat pocket, the one speaking was the tall, blond young man. His words stuttered as he spoke to the red hued girl, Vinno sighed softly, somehow everyone she has ran into this year has been socially awkward. "Do you.. write everything down?" She reverted her eyes on the small notebook, beaten looking with yellowing pages, the beginning few pages were wrapped up. It was her book of her failed spells, castings and experiments, from primary school up to now.

"Only the mistakes I've made, but that is pretty much just everything." She replied with a light chuckle. "What I find intriguing? Well, the very fact that something like this can exist is already quiet intriguing. The amount of magic, and methods that was used to create this environment..." Her voice trailed off as the girl, Pandora started to speak. Vinno listened to her proposal about the connections between the houses and the directions. It did make sense, it was all addressed in the beginning, but it was hardly fair to the first years who didn't have the prior knowledge.

"But in what aspect?" Vinno paused a bit as the wind started to press against her throat again. "The environment of the houses? Or can it be something the house heads specialize in?" If that logic can be followed then for LeviatanSea it'll probably be divination or water elements, DjinnGate could be history, perhaps a classic riddle again, RocCliff something related to movement and navigation and SphinxHill with its mythical creatures. It didn't really matter to Vinno though, she was a fourth year in an entrance test. Instead of the riddles she was more interested in the protection and restriction spells cast on the testing grounds. But the question about the Sphinx did raise her attention, the Sphinx's song in relation with a riddle can only be alluding to one thing...the question now is how.

"The Sphinx huh? Might be a reference to old King Oedipus. He answered a riddle from a Sphinx who sings 'perplexing songs' in order to gain access to a sealed city where he became king." Vinno leaned against the pillar, recalling the story. "But you see, in the story people who couldn't answer the riddle were killed by the Sphinx." She doubts that any school will actively try to kill any of their students, but there will probably be some form of penalty if the riddle was answered wrongly.

"So I'm thinking it's a high risk high reward path to take, all or nothing right?" She smiled, looking a little too relaxed for the topic she's talking about. "I think it's in the North, since SphinxHill hosts all the greenhouses and creatures, but really, don't take my word for it."

Pandora seemed nervous, or at least more nervous than before as she asked to team up. Vinno couldn't really understand why, there wasn't anything dangerous around, there was no reason to be nervous. "Calm down, I don't bite, my name's Vinno, DjinnGate." She said to Pandora as she strached out her arms and yawned. "Sure I'll tag along with you guys, which ever way you decide to go, it's hardly fun for fourth years to run through these exams alone."

@Celestial Scorpio
@Shinku⭐Kun

Last edited:
untitled-png.149461
Pandora Dawn

As Vinno began to say her thoughts about Pandora's hypotesis, the young red-haired witch turned her gaze to Vinno and listened carefully. She was impressed by her knowledge about the houses of Luna Hall, so she guessed Vinno was totally a 4th Year studenand secretely felt some kind of admiration for her. After, Pandora wanted to graduate from Luna Hall as well to finally join a famous magic guild, hoping that achivement could prove everyone once and for all that she wasn't that evil witch they thought she was.

Feeling a dumb smirk on her face after getting carried away in her thoughts, Pandora quickly snapped out of it, blushing in embarrassment. "Ah, yes, the story of tthe King Oedipus," she said with a nod and placed her right index on her chin. "I haven't read that one for a while, but yes, I still can remember that scene of the sphinx, especially her clever and curious riddle." Pandora giggled as she remembered how easily she managed to solve the spinx's riddle to her parents when she was only 8 years old. She left them dumbstruck by the fact that it took them quite a while to solve it while it took Pandora barely 10 seconds.

"I'm pretty sure the Academy won't put our life at risk, but just in case, I recommend to avoid the SpinxHill route," Pandora added, turning her head to look at Vinno and Celest. As she was about to say more, Vinno's approval to team up caught her off guard, making her heart beat at an excited pace and her cheeks taint with a light pink color. She smiled genuinely, her nerviousness fading. "Ah, nice to meet you too, Vinno," she introduced herself as she remembered they haven't introduced yet. "I'm Pandora Dawn from the LeviathanSea. That's why I was about to head West, but if we're tagging along, um... It's more than fair to decide which direction to take as a team."

Pandora clearly didn't wanted to take the SpinxHill route because she didn't wanted to fight any mythical creature. The scar on her face das a great example to prove that she wasn't that good at facing hostile creatures. "So, which route you guys are thinking?" she asked, gently leaning her chest against the stick of her flying broom, facing them with a smile, a gentle and warm breeze passing by and making her scarlet ponytail wave like the flickering fire of a bonefire.

Last edited:
  • Love
Celest had stood there silently listening to the two and thinking on the possible outcomes of each direction. If the two's hunches were right and each direction dealt with a house it would mean varying trials on the path one took. His knowledge limited on the Sphinx and King Oedipus was thankfully answered by the other two, both Vinno and Pandora having an understanding on the riddles and what lay ahead if they took the Sphinxhill route. Hearing Vinno was of the same house made him a bit nervous. He had not recognized her, though he didn't look around much as to who shared the same house as him.

He didn't necessarily not want to team up but he also felt like he was pressured into it. Celest didn't want to come across as rude. "Well we can take the direction that is easier, harder or something in the middle. We won't know how hard each is until we get there though and they all could have a similar base guideline to follow for their set trial. If going to SphinxHill means riddles, you two seem to know a lot so even if it would be the more difficult choice it could prove easy with what you know." He shrugged as he thought for a moment.

"So we might have riddles, with harsh punishments if failed. I am not the best with riddles. Divination or water element magic with LeviantanSea, I am actually taking Divination 3 so that could be a piece of cake for me. Water magic is an okay subject for me." Thinking of the other two houses he continued. "DjinnGate could be easy for me and Vinno since we are part of that house. Sadly my knowledge of history can be a bit of a hindrance. As for RocCliff we would most likely have to figured out a direction and movement pattern sort of riddle." He felt more comfortable with his ability in divination but he wouldn't mind where they chose to go.

"I will let you two decide since either way we will have to pick a path and each of us would excel more in one given path. I personally wouldn't mind LaviatanSea but I think SphixHill would be best because both of you know about the riddles and how to go about them. Sure it may be harder but if you're guess about what each direction represents then you are smart enough to beat some Sphinx. If we fail it could be a minor set back but I wouldn't think they would outright fail us." Celest shrugged as he watched other group's venture off. "Bewaring the Sphinx could hint at its difficulty or a scare tactic to keep us away from something simple. Could always flip a coin or something."

@Shinku⭐Kun @Cresion Breezes

untitled-png.149461
Pandora Dawn

After hearing Celest's thoughts about the directions availlable for them and which they should take as a team, Pandora sighed slightly and slowly turned around with an unsure expression, facing the horizon. With a gentle blink of her eyes, she holded her broom with both of her hands and entered in a deep state of thinking. Turning her head to look over the West, her desired destination, Pandora was curious to know what challenge lies at the end of that path, which she strongly believes it has to do with her assigned house this year, the LeviathanSea. As a member, it was more than obvious this was the correct direction to take, but that also meant she will end up being selfish for not having in mind her teammates' thoughts and suggestions. Besides, the LeviathanSea path didn't seem the one they wanted to explore.

Gently placing the tip of her right thumb in her mouth and lightly bitting the tip of the nail, Pandora turned her gaze toward the North, pondering in her head Vinno and Celest's thoughts about the outcomes they could encounter if they choose to follow this path related to the SphinxHill. Just like Celest said, Pandora was really good solving riddles and Vinno seems quite the expert as well, so they have this point to their advantage. However, the young witch was afraid to let down her newly made friends if she turns out not been good enough to solve the sphinx's riddles. And, yes, Pandora was already referring Vinno and Celest as friends, but secretely, of course.

"I'm also extremely curious to discover what lies at the end of the sphinx's path," Pandora mumbled to herself, her expression serene yet serious, studying carefully the pros and cons of both directions. She was excellent with riddles and Divination too, but she lacked the skills with Water Magic and dealing with magical creatures. The LeviathanSea' challenges seem pretty easy to beat, however, Pandora wasn't the type of witch that always takes the easy way. She enjoys challenges as much she enjoys chocolate chip cookies and the SphinxHill's path sounded just like that. She was also hopeful that a nice reward was awating to those brave enough to challenge and defeat the spinx.

All of a sudden, a strong sense of determination and courage embraced Pandora, making her smirk with a short chuckle as she finally made out her mind. As she let go of her broom, it began leviatate, ready for a ride. Turning around, Pandora walked between Vinno and Celest, stood there and turned around again, facing their path to take. "Alright, guys, lets go through the North and pay a visit to our lonely spinx," she said as she gently patted the backs of Vinno and Celest, her bicoloured eyes glistening with excitement and with a daredevil attitude. Right now, this Pandora was totally different from the shy and nervous one that struggled to introduce herself to them.

"Don't mind if I give ya'll a ride?" she asked as she walked toward her flying broom, fixing her messenger bag, her backpack, and the top of her swimsuit. Then, she sat sideways at the front of the broom, which grew a few more inches magically to make room enough for two passengers.

@Celestial Scorpio @Cresion Breezes

Last edited:
  • Love
Iris glanced back in time to see another two join the group heading for the beanstalk... riding a giant lizard. Or rather, riding what looked like Sealah. It should've come as a surprise, seeing the slightly familiar lizard so massive, but ever since they'd stepped foot in these gardens, Iris had come up with a theory. A theory that a giant Sealah only supported. Not that it really mattered in the long run.

Having reached the next waypoint station, Iris glanced over the redhead at the riddle pillar. Pandora Dawn. The two had joined in the same year, even bumped into each other a few times, but never really spoken much. She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the swimsuit though. Sure the first section had been hot, but it wasn't that hot.

Iris went ahead and approached to read it for herself. "Well, Roc Cliff's wing is East, so..." Iris murmured to herself. Next to her, she noticed Vinno again, similarly whispering something about the riddle and taking notes. Failing to hold back the curiosity, she stepped back and peeked at the contents before she shut the tome to talk to Pandora.

The two of them, along with Celest, began to discuss where they should be going, eventually deciding on the northern path. She stood there. It always took her way too long to get warmed up to people, and she knew it, but that didn't make it any easier.

"Vinno... I think you're missing a spell." She proposed her theory calmly, avoiding her eyes and instead staring right at the notebook. "It's not just the magic around us... I think there's a little spell that's been cast on us. A little spell that makes a big difference."

She didn't say it directly, but she was fairly confident at this point. Either Sealah and those plants had been supersized, or...

"Anyway, maybe I could..." Iris trailed off, before cutting the idea off entirely. "Nevermind."

With that said, she started off to the East.

@Cresion Breezes
( and sorta @Shinku⭐Kun + @Celestial Scorpio )

Already in tue second part of the exam with everyone else Nian takes looks around he saw a lot of faces. Some new and some old. Nian scratched the back of his head as he started thinking about his first year, he did well in school however he wasn't exactly popular.

Back in his village everyone stayed away from him, he practically had to raise himself since even his parents were afraid of him. His parents aren't even his real parents. They found him on their door step when he was a baby, the minute they saw the mysterious mark on the left side of his face they feared that he was cursed or possesed in some way. He was still a baby so they couldn't just leave him so in order to take him in they took him to be excorcised and blessed but the mark still remained. Every summer they do the same thing in hopes that one day he'll be "cured", meanwhile the only thing his parents ever did to take care of him was provide him with clothes, food, and shelter. Nian spent much of his time outside he is very adventurous the only friends he's ever made are creatures.

He's never socialized with a person in his life. He came to Luna Hall because he was showing a recent intrest in magic, and he wanted to leave his village. His first year however he didn't make any friends. He was too shy and nervous to approach anyone, so he simply stood in the background hoping someone approaches him. However that never happened either because they thought his naive, curious and wandering was too weird, or because they were scared of him because of his mask. He wasn't exactly the smartest kid in school either the highest grade he ever got was an A-, he mostly got B's. Nian looked around he knew almost every face and every name in his class, and grade he wondered if THEY even knew him, or if he was just that weird kid in the background that seems to really like animals. The thought of that made Nian sigh and frown, but then he looked up in determination.

This year will be it. This will be the year I make a friend. I just have to shake off those nerves, for now just focus of the test.

Nian's train of though continued soon enough he didn't notice that he started thinking out loud, and he was rambling to himself infront of everyone.

Last edited:
  • Love
Vinno listened to Pandora and Celest's little back and forth with tired eyes and a small yawn. She wasn't interested in what path they choose, since any path would be the same for her. 'Indecisive kiddos.' Vinno thought to herself as she watched, pulling out her notebook again, scribbling away a shape that looks like a distorted hexagon with circles attached to each vertex, angles and aide lengths jolted down in a messy array of numbers beside the shape.

Out of the corner of her eye Vinno saw a familiar person, it was Iris, the girl who she passed through the first layer. Her proposal of having a spell casted on them was already clear. 'It's easy to think that.' Vinno thought, but stayed silent. Most people would assume they've shrunken in the previous garden, but they are only looking at the obvious. Yes there are bigger objects, but they're ignoring environmental factors that came with bring shrunken. When they were tiny, a small gust of wind could be blowing them all away, and a drop of dew's surface tension could drown them easily. That's why Vinno assumed there must be strict controls upon the environment as well as spells on the students, but she wasn't dumb enough to try and cast a reversing spell on herself. Even when she tried to decide the environmental spell she got deflected back with force like that. There's no telling what the process would do to a human body. She gazed at Iris as she left for the east, a little confused why the girl suddenly started to talk in full sentences.

When her attention was directed back to Pandora her cheery voice was announcing that they were taking the Sphinx route. Vinno didn't mind, the faster this can be over the better, but was again confused as why the jittery nervous girl was suddenly so energetic. 'Strange, I guess you were right, people can change suddenly.' Again Vinno mumbled to herself as she jolted down notes. 'Force Socialization Spell, check if those are legal. If not, sue the school.' She looked up to see Pandora on her broom, offering a ride. Vinno stared at the red head who was in nothing but short shorts and a swimsuit top for a few seconds, then concluded that she must have lost her sense of personal boundaries from the nervousness or excitement or both. Then gazed back at the other young man, Celest, she can't help but feel that this could be a difficult situation for him too.

"It's fine, I have my own." Vinno replied calmly, deciding not to rain on Pandora's energy by telling her about her inner monologue.

Ruffling through her long coat Vinno pulled out another round shiny orb, it was a lighter shade of grey and heavier than the one that was her message bag.

"Besides, regular broom rides worsens my pneumonia." She added while she undid the transformation spells on the small sphere. The words were followed with a dry cough.

The orb widened out to be a strange looking dark grey brief case with black edgings, made from a dull lusterless material. With a click the case opened reviling a jumbled object with both wooden and metallic parts. Vinno quickly untwisted a few hinges and released the spool of tubing at the end, unfolding the whole mess into her flying broom. [spoili]referance picture in OOC thread[/spoili]

She looked back at Pandora and smiled a little. "Customized, so the wind don't suffocate me."

Last edited:
Celest watched as Pandora grew more energetic and full of life. Gazing at Iris as the girl walked off he looked back to see the other's broom. Which then Vinno decided to pull out her own, modified and snazzier broom. He felt a bit left out seeing as he didn't use a broom but the red head had offered a lift on hers. He was about to get on when he saw someone in the corner of his eye, alone and away from everyone. Normally he would avoid going out of his way to talk to someone but everyone slowly was going on their way as no one tried to talk with him.

"Think we have room for one more in the group? If we already are a bunch of socially awkward teens why not add another?" The blonde pointed at Nian so the other two knew who he was talking about before he decided to walk over. His heart began to race again as he approached, each step echoing in his ears along with his heartbeat. Why did he have to be nice but also awkward? "H-hey you need a group?" He asked the shorter male softly. "We are about to go off to the north and I am sure we have room for one more."

Though once he started talking Celest did calm down a bit and was able to get his heart under control. "C-cool mark. Never seen anything like it before. What is it for?" He figured it might have been a tattoo or some family mark that the other bore. Something that held meaning and helped give some sort of magical properties. He smiled softly as he gazed down at the other, not sure what else to talk about.

@Shinku⭐Kun @Cresion Breezes @GamerFangirl

"Oh, woah... Your broom is pretty badass," Pandora said once she saw Vinno taking out her customized flying broom. She almost felt a little bit of jelously, but in a good way. Besides, the young witch really love her classic and simple broom that have been with her since she was 8 years old and surprisingly, it looked like new thanks to Pandora's strict care. Smiling, she gently patted the stick of her broom with her left hand, whispering something nice, treating the flying object like a real being.

As she waited for Vinno to prepare her broom, Pandora reached with her right hand for the front small pocket of her backpack, unzipped it and grabbed a bag of a big chocolate chip cookie before zipping back the pack. Smiling like a child that found the most tasty candy, Pandora took out the cookie from its bag and gave it a big bite, munching happily while placing the bag on one of the pockets of her shorts. This whole laberynth may be something created by the Staff of Luna Hall, but there was no way she will throw around unwanted trash. Did I forgot to mention that this young witch is also an ambiental enthusiastic? "Yes, you did, narrator," replied Pandora with a giggle, breaking the 4th Wall... Wait, what?

Moving he bang away from her eyes, Pandora watch as Iris passed by, heading East after she told something to Vinno. She realized she was that young witch she encountered in the secret tunnel alongside the clumsy mage. "Oh, I know who she is. She's Iris, the cute witch that took a few courses with me last year," said Pandora to herself as she finally rembered Iris after looking at her close enough. Finishing her cookie, Pandora licked some chocolate from the tips of the fingers of her right hand before turning her head to look over at Celest after he mentioned a lonely mage that just arrived at this level.

"Ah, yes, of course we have room for one more," she answered Celest's question without thinking it twice, watching how the nervous mage made his way toward the newcommer. Again, this Pandora was totally different from the shy and socially awkward girl that Vinno and Celest met before. By this point, I just guess that she simply decide to leave out all that negative vibes for now and stay focus in completing this Academy Trial as soon as possible. "You got that right, my dear narrator," she said as she hop off her floating broom and followed Celest from behind, giggling as she broke once again the 4th Wall. Seriously, she needs to stop. Everthing is taking a weird turn now.

"Hello there, fellow classmate," Pandora greeted the newcommer with a big smile, waving her right hand at him. Standing beside Celest, the energetic red-haired witch took the mage right hand and shook it firmly a few times, feeling no shame or nervousness being in such revealing attire among two boys. "My name is Pandora. Pandora Dawn. Nice to meet you. By the way, nice mark. I have this duo scar over my right eye, which is pale blue. Oh, take a look at it without hessition, okay? I can tell you how I got the scar later. For the gods, what I'm doing making our encounter awkward?"

Pandora chuckled lightly as she released the mage hand and stood straight. "Celest here just saw your arrival, so he wondered if you want to join our awkwardly social group." The young witch kept smiling, but this time, she lowered her energy a little bit. She turned to her right and pointed at Vinno. "That girl over there with the cool flying broom is Vinno. She's heading North with us as well." Nodding, Pandora stepped a little closer to the newcommer and gently bumped him with her right elbow. "So, what do you say, young man? Want to join us, eh, eh?"

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Luma and Falcon
Nian turned around when he saw a young man approach him, he eyes went wide in surprise this has never happened before in his life. He was nervous he didn't know what to say. He then collected himself and said "W-well this is my second year I've taken this exam before, I guess it wouldn't hurt to go with a group" he said obviously trying to hide his nervousness. His mind started off thinking again.

Damn, it he heard me talk to myself, he probably thinks am weird.

Then the young man mentioned his mark. Nian started panicking he couldn't just lie and say it was a tattoo. Nian's a terrible liar, but he couldn't tell them the truth or else he'll think he's cursed like everyone in his village. Nian finally made his decision to tell the truth as he gulped before he spoke "I-I really don't know my parents say that I had it ever since they found me on their door step".

Then another person approached them who said her name was Pandora. Nian simply smiled politely not knowing what else to do. He couldn't let them know of his loneliness (despite the fact it was pretty obvious) but he didn't know what to do in this situation so he decided to just simply anwser people's question instead of starting an actual conversation.

dfd6646a899c54d2255128dd9f352bcb--airport-style-fashion-styles.jpg
Jung wook-Park, a Korean student and a pre-debut member of H.O.P.3, was walking around the school. Simple as that, right? He kept walking around until he picked up a pamphlet inside his black leather bag. He read it and sat down in some bench. Jung crossed his legs and nodded while saying, "Maj-a, maj-a. Joh-a, geuleom... Ah, al-ass-eo. (Right, right. Okay, so...ah, okay.)"

He kept reading until he accidentally touched a button in one of the bench's planks behind it. He heard a 'click' sound and stood up. "Whoa, what the f...(lower)?!" He was shocked as a path began to be opening to an underground area. He walked down as the light began to be dark. As he goes down, he saw a workshop, a bed, and a cassette tape player along with consoles and a TV.

"Wokeusyob-eun nuguui wokeusyob-ingayo? (Whose workshop is this?)" He asked himself as he observed the area.

Vinno leaned against the pillar while checking over the different contraptions on her broom and taking down more notes, a little lost in thought as Celest and Pandora got ready to leave the area. She raised an eyebrow in surprise when Celest asked them about adding another person to the group.

"Think we have room for one more in the group? If we already are a bunch of socially awkward teens why not add another?" She spaced out a bit at Celest's comment. 'I'm socially awkward?' Vinno thought to herself. She never shied away from people, but it is true that most people in this world aren't worth the energy it costs to associate with them in the first place. Vinno barely had friends, besides, she prefers the term 'acquaintances' better than vague words like 'friends'. Shaking her head a bit Vinno decided to shake off the thought, she had a hard time understanding these people at school, with their "socially awkward" situations or whatever, her arithmetics were much more important and interesting.

As Celest went up to the person he wanted to add, at first Vinno assumed it was his friend or something similar, as the boy he walked up to seems younger, maybe they're in the same year or so. But it soon became clear that Celest don't actually know this person, the way they talked made it really clear that it was their first time interacting. The younger student approached and joined the group, he introduced himself as a second year. Before getting bombarded by questions from Pandora that is. Vinno watched from a few feet back as the conversation got more and more awkward as she scribbled away her diagrams [spoili]
Zi0Uy1R.jpg
[/spoili] on the notebook, especially when it came to that kid's black mark. Her usually dark and half closed eyes opened for a second when Nian mentioned his parents. 'Yep, telling people you just met that you're adopted, good choice.' She thought, reminiscing her own past. She never told anyone that she was adopted, about who her parents were and about her name, and she felt it was better that way for her. But if other people wanted to do something different, it was up to them.

"Guys, back off of the newbie ok?" Vinno raised up her head and looked at Pandora and Celest, then redirecting to Nian. "Relax kid, I have no interest in your mark. I get that everyone has things they don't like to talk about." She said calmly, with a light chuckle.

"I'm Vinno, like she said," leaning in Pandora's direction, "I would tell you to just do you, but those two seem pretty eager for you to join. In the end it's your choice though."

"Well whatever it means I am sure it is something good." Celest tried to reassure Nian as he listened to Pandora and Vinno as well. "I mean you don't have to come if you don't want to but well I figured you looked like you needed a group and we haven't set off yet." He smiled as he grabbed his arm and bit his lip. He wondered if the other knew anything about his origin or if he only knew of the life he had with the people who had taken him in.

"Some of the other students seemed to avoid you and well honestly I avoid people in general due to my anxiety. Pandora kind of gave us a burst of energy seeing as she too is shy. Now not so much." He chuckled as he looked over at her. "Though I am not sure how long it will last." He admitted knowing that even if he was fine now, at some point he would grow nervous once more. It always happened until he got fully comfortable with people.

"Have you looked at the riddle? What are your thoughts on it? We think a sphinx is up north and that it would be difficult but Pandora and Vinno know of the origins and such of the sphinx and its riddles." Celest scratched his head. "I actually know very little about it so they are my clutch for now. Though I am sure at some point I can help them out as well. What is your name by the way?" He asked as he let go of his arm and stood in a more relaxed position.

Nian thought for a while this was his first time actually socializing maybe this could be his chance to make some friends. So he nodded "Sure I'll go with you guys"?

Then the other boy introduced himself as Celest, Nian managed to give the taller male a small half smile, before the he asked Nian about his opinion "Well I think our best option is to follow what the map says if it says to go north we should go north, even if it's harder" When the buy ask for his name he responded with a causal yet nervous "My name's Nian Carter"

Last edited:
  • Love