Lovely Made

Shen leaned forward, intrigued. "Why were you in the hospital if I may ask?"

~~~~~

Kelvin carried the tray over to their table and saw that the conversation was getting deeper for pretty boy. He strutted over and presented their food. Pretty boy looked up at him and leaned back again, apparently trying to show how much he didn't care for Kelvin's presence. That was fine by him. He decided to just go on doing his job.
"Waffles with gelato." He said cheerfully, placing the waffle dotted with chocolate with some thick gelato slowly melting on the side topped with a peppermint stalk and speared delicately with a metal spork. "And a pancake for the lady." The dish was two pancakes filled with assorted berries and topped with different fruits, syrup, and confectionery sugar, all in the shape of a heart. "Please don't hesitate to call if you need anything." He gave the girl one final wink and strutted off.

~~~~~

Shen rubbed his cheek. "Anyway, this looks great!" He picked up the metal spoon and sliced open the waffle. "Let's dig in!"

Kia started cutting her food "Well i had graduated and we were celebrating and i had to many drinks and i had alcohol posion". Kia laughed "I was wild....a young girl from georgia strutting her stuff down broadway with a knock off chanel purse and only 50 dollars to my name". Kia looked out the window and smiled. "Funny how things change with a little faith"

"Well I'm glad it wasn't anything serious by the looks of things." He stuck the a dollop of strawberry gelato with peppermint on top into his mouth. "How did you get around to doing what you do? It's not a career every little girl dreams about."

kia sipped her coffee "well this is just a good paying hobbie. I always wanted to write music but the things you have to go through to get to the top of that game are things i dont really have time for so i let my hobbie become my bread and butter". Kia looked at Shen "What about you..are you happy with what you do"

Shen contemplated her question while taking a bite of waffles from his fork. "I've never actually thought of my job as what I do. It's sort of just someplace I go to meet some people in a room and talk or do something I know things about - which is to say, a lot - and they pay me. I consider myself a student and a scientist more than a teacher. I guess it just seemed the natural thing to do after all those scholarships I got when I graduated high school at 13. Things like knowledge and information just sort of... stuck." He stirred some nutmeg into his coffee.

Kia thought Shen was so nerdy and cute. She loved it. Kia's phone rang "Ummm i need to answer this". Kia walked to the bathroom area and sat in one of the waiting chairs. It was the cake maker for teh wedding later on tonight. he told her that everything would be ready soon and she would love it. Kia thanked him and hung up the phone

Shen continued to eat his food, admiring the attention to detail in every little element.

~~~~~

Kelvin had finished serving a table with a father and his two extremely active children. He laughed sheepishly when the man gave him a hearty tip for managing to appease the angry woman who got a shirtful of hot tea from the kids' incessant running.

He went back to his station to wait for more customers when he saw the girl from table four stand up and go to the washing area. He decided to try his chances and headed over there. "Excuse me, miss. I hope everything is quite alright with the food this morning."

Last edited by a moderator:
Kia smiled "It was good like always". She got a glance of Shen and thought about how he didnt like the waiter hitting on her "But your social skills need work" Kia blinked her eyes and smiled

Kelvin laughed in spite of himself. "I think I may have rumpled your date's feathers there. I hope there's no hard feelings, Miss..."

"My names Kia and he's not my date we're hanging out" Kia looked at kelvin. He was very good looking

Ken noticed her checking him out. He was used to it. "Is that so? Well you'd better tell him that, because I believe he may be working on a wrong impression." He took the liberty to extend his hand and flash a smile. "My name is Kelvin, but you can call me Ken."

Kia shook his hand "well ken im not rude like you son im not just going to tell him he's wasting his time and besides we have already talked about it". Kia gave him a smiled but one of those smart ass smiles

Ken chuckled. "I prefer to call it... straightforward." The chime over the door sounded and an old couple walked in. He turned to Kia with an apologetic smile. "Well, Miss Kia, it was a pleasure. I gotta return to my work now, but ring if you need anything at all." He turned around. "Oh, by the way," he called over his shoulder. "I get off at 6 every night." He left that hanging as he cheerfully showed the couple to their seats.
~~~~
Shen thought Kia's call seemed to be taking a bit too long. He thought he should maybe check on her, but decided otherwise. It was her business and he was already interfering with a morning that she could've spent working. He saw the annoying waiter coming from the wash area, once again charming a new set of customers. He seemed like a nice guy, but he didn't really appreciate his blunt behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kia rolled her eyes and walked back to her seat "sorry it took so long" Kia said as she sat down. "You ok handsome"

Shen smiled. "I was worried your pancakes would get cold." He was already almost done with his waffles and he now focused on adding even more sugar to his coffee. He gave a furtive glance at the hearty laughter Ken was sharing with his new customers.

~~~~~
Kelvin looked at their table from across the restaurant and gave Shen a little wink when he noticed him watching. It felt like triumph watching him look away quickly as if to pretend he didn't see it. Such a funny kid.

Kia pushed her food away "Im full and we must get going...we have a busy day today" . Kia knew Shen was looking at Kelvin and Kelvin looking at Shen. Kia didnt wanna call him over but she wanted to take her coffee to go but she knew she would be ok without it. "Anything you want before we go"

Shen took a final sip of his coffee. "I'm pretty good now. Let's go." He took out his wallet and placed a large sum on the table. He led the way outside and passed Ken on the way, who had his back turned from the aisle. He patted him on the shoulder and said kindly, "Keep the change." Then whispered, "You must need it."

~~~~~

Ken was pretty surprised at the sudden contact, but he smirked to himself. We'll meet again. And I'll definitely look forward to it.

Kia thought what Shen did was sweet paying him extra after the whole rude way he kind of flirted with Kia. She really didnt know what Shen was saying to him but everything seemed fine. Kia got in the car and waited for Shen.

Shen climbed back into the passenger seat and clicked his seatbelt on. "That was a very nice place. We should eat there more often. You definitely enjoyed yourself." He chuckled humorlessly. "Where do we go now?"

Kia started the car "Well i have to go check the venue for the wedding make sure everything is good". Kia wanted everything to be good because so far everything was going good. She only had six more hours before the wedding started. "So i need you to look through these papers and take out all the pink sheets and put all teh yellow sheets in order from numbers 1-50 and the green sheets you keep" Kia handed Shen a big binder. "that is your job" Kia smiled