Love Found

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Parting her lips to respond to his command but she closed her mouth knowing it would only lead to an argument. With a roll of her eyes she slid off of his lap, picking up her mug while she made her way around the desk, taking another sip as she calmed herself, "Go to it if you have to." moving to looking at things around his office, the mug cupped between both of her hands. "I'll wait for you back at the apartment for when you get home from the party if you don't want me to leave early. I don't mind." Part of her felt like it was going back to the end but she knew it wouldn't be, he promised. Taking a deep breath she held the mug to her lips taking a long drink. Turning back out she gave a small smile, "I'll give you a massage before you go to bed. I know how tiring that stuff makes you."

Feeling her wiggling from his lap, he rolls the seat back and lets her slips right off of him and he suddenly feels cold. He loves the way two people can share warmth but Nancy's warmth is special and he knows that no other girl can satisfy him as she can. She fit perfectly on his lap and he loves having her there. Wetting his lips with his tongue, he draws in a deep breath and reaches up to itch his chin. How bad can it really be? I did promise her things would change and this is my chance to finally prove it to her. Taking in another breath, he gets up from his chair he stands, resting his palm on the glass. Seeing her walk around and take sips of the coffee, he finds himself talking before he can stop himself.

"Nancy, I would love for you to come with me. It'll be fun. You can see a bit of my nightlife even though I would rather show you another aspect of my life. Are you excited to go home to my house?" Looking back to his computer, he leans over the desk, his tie flopping over the glass. "I just have to click send and we're done here." Doing as he says, he quickly logs off and starts to pack away folders and files into his briefcase. Turning to her, he pockets his phone and places his shades in his breast pocket. "Ready?" Smiling, he walks around his desk and moves to the door, opening up the oak thing for her to lead the way. "I can't wait." Glancing to Molly, he smiles, "I'll see you on Monday, Molly. Don't have a crazy weekend." Winking quickly, he turns back to Nancy and starts their way out of the building.

"I'll call him right now, see if he is alright with a plus one." Pulling out his phone as they walk through the parking garage, he dials a number and holds the black thing to his ear, hearing the dial tone. "Hey, Jer, quick question. For that event - yep that one. Um, I have a plus one. Yeah, she is real swell. Sure thing. Yep." Moving to his blue BMW, he shakes his head and digs for the keys inside his pockets, his phone cradled between his face and shoulder. "Yeah Jer. No worries, I'll be sure to take good care of her. You too. Yep." Grinning he nods his head in a yes to Nancy, silently wishing that Jer had said no. "You betcha. See you tomorrow evening." Slipping his phone into his hand, he ends the call and slips into his car next to Nancy. Turning it on, the engine roars happily and he is careful not to drive too recklessly to his house.

Blinking as he began to pack up she set her mug down onto the desk, quickly following him out the door. Before she could give an answer if she wanted to go with him or not, attempting to give him a sign with her hands not to ask whoever he was talking to on the phone but it was too late. Sitting in the car, something so nice, she still wasn't used to it. Buckling in she slouched into her seat and looked out the window to watch whatever they past. She did want to spend the weekend with him but she wasn't a party person and felt like she might be an added wheel, hold him back. Thinking they her image might effect him with his image, assuming the party was for his work or something with clients.

Fingers twisting in her lap the closer they got to his home, "What kind of party is it? I don't have a dress with me or anything." mumbling as she watches a few cars zip by them on the road. Nibbling on her lip the closer they got, "What if they don't... Maybe I... Are they.." she kept jumbling around unfinished sentences as she tried to organize her thoughts on the matter. "Who's Jer?" she finally got out some form of a sentence with a sigh of relief that she could get an actual question out.

Thinking she would be happy at his demanding that she join him, Brendan brinks and he freezes once he noticed what she meant by her signals. Well, by that time, he had already hung up the phone and calling Jer back -again- was a bad sign. Even though he is the client, Brendan shouldn't take advantage of him and call him so succinctly. Swallowing, he closes his eyes and bangs his head on the headrest before starting the car. "I'm... I was trying to be nice. Bring you to this party. You just seemed upset back in the room. When I said that it's a -chance- you could come and I thought you really wanted to." Seeing her become all nervous, he silently curses to himself again, shifting easily as they go on the highway. To their right is the ocean and to the left is a rocky wall as they climb up a small mountain outside of the city.

Brendan's hand rests on the stick shift but when he hears Nancy start to sputter with her words, he easily punches the car into the next gear. There is no recoil at all, a big difference from when they first drove in a stick shift together, Brendan nearly made himself sick. His back hurt for weeks! There is no grinding of the engine this time and no cursing flying freely from Brendan's mouth. "Will you forgive me? We always have tomorrow to go shopping and you can buy whatever dress you feel most comfortable in. That I promise you. I also promise you that they won't -care- who you are. They're sort of... snobby that way." Gulping, he knows this to be false. Ever since they've started to monitor his house calls, they know who Nancy is. Now being able to meet her... hopefully she will make a good first impression or else it will be his ass on the line. His face tries its best not to twist but he quickly coughs into his sleeve, covering up his emotions.

His hand comes out to rub hers as she finally asks him a real question. "Jer is my client." Glancing her way, he is quick to keep his eyes on the road, knowing it's dangerous with the cliff. "Jer is a friend I met shortly after college and graduate school. We've become close and I sort of think of him as a father." Pah, yeah right. Brendan resists rolling his eyes at his lies. It's true he did meet Jer after grad school but he is -forced- to think of him as a father. His favor is still owed and Jer is finding the perfect job. It's been nearly three years and Brendan thinks he just likes keeping him on a leash. A tight one at that.

Frowning at his reaction to her, "No I'm sorry... I just.. I don't.. Thank you. I guess I was upset but not for that reason. Just forget about it. There is nothing to have to forgive, you were being nice." Her eyes stayed out the window, watching the rocks of the mountain change form and color the farther they went up the road. "You don't have to buy me anything, I've told you that. Or have I?" with a shake of her head she couldn't remember if she had or not, but that wasn't the point. Not wanting him to spend money on her was something she stood by, he shouldn't have to and she didn't need him to.

Glancing down at his hand, her fingers wrapped around one of his digits playing with it in thought. "If they're snobby wouldn't they care? What if I say the wrong thing? Or trip? Or spill something?" she said softly as she rest her head back into the headrest of the seat, her mind racing with anything that could go wrong throughout the night. Scenarios of accidentally insulting a client, slipping wine on someone's carpet. "Oh god.."

Trying to be as frank with her as possible without sounding out of his own space, Brendan is quick to squeeze her hand. The warmth of her hand is jerked from his own as he quickly shifts gears, needing to abide to the growling of the engine. Snaking his fingers back between her own, he can't help but smile. "What if I want to buy you something? Don't girls love going shopping? This would be -any- girls dream!" Running his tongue over his teeth, he reaches up to itch his chin before placing his hands back on the wheel, turning onto a side road. "It's a lot of pressure I am sure and I should have thought over it before just assuming that you would want to. I want you to stay with me but you're free to go home to your grandmother. I can even drive you to the train station if you so desire."

"Perhaps you just need time to think about it?" He questions her, those gray eyes of his flickering to her gaze before turning back to the endless hallow of road before them. Trees now curve, like old men with broken backs, over the small paved pathway. Passing street after street nuzzled into the expanse of forest, Brendan finally comes to a large house on the hill overlooking the water. Pulling into the driveway, he flicks the tab before killing the engine. All is quiet. Seeing a silver '76 Nova parked in his space. "Oh come on, really?" He mutters, glancing to Nancy. "It seems I have some unexpected company." His gaze leaves her but he is strict in his tone within the next breath, "Stay in the car." Something flickers into his mind as he unbuckles the seat, leaving the keys in the ignition. The soft creamy tan light of the interior sparks to life as he opens the door and makes his way to the Nova. Moving right up to the drivers seat, he knocks on the glass and starts to peacefully talk with the driver.

What Nancy didn't notice is as Brendan slips form the car, he slides the barrel of a small gun right into his pocket. Having it wedged between the seat and the door, it makes easy access and having to reach under the seat causes it to be out of view.

Giving a shrug of her shoulders she knew his words were true for most girls but for some reason having him buy her things made her feel uncomfortable. Maybe it was the fact that she couldn't do it in return, she wasn't completely sure. "I guess, I'm sure I'll be fine or work something out. I think..." her words slowly dissipated seeing a car in his driveway, the tone in his voice making her wonder what was going on in his head as he left the car. A small frown pulled at her lips, a hand reaching up to press the door lock to click shut. It wouldn't protect her in the car but it made her feel a bit safer.

Her brow furrowed together as she watched Brendan talk to mystery person in the car, hands in her lap fiddling with hem of her jacket. Glancing away every now and then she didn't want to seem like she was being nosy, staring at him and trying to read his lips. Deciding it was going to be pointless she turned her attention elsewhere in the car, looking at the nice leather and interior.

A ringed hand comes out of the car, a sparkling cuff link dancing from the light left by the moon. The large fingers dig into Brendan's chest but his face stays emotionless for he only raises a brow, hearing what the man has to say. The fingers flitter through the air before coming to rest on the lowered windowsill. Touching his chest, Brendan swallows, placing a hand on the door frame as he speaks next. Next the man opens up his palm and faces it towards Brendan, wanting him to place -something- in it. Shaking his head, Brendan comes to itch his chin before trying to signal to the man using both his voice and gestures not to be angry with him. Desperately now, Brendan leans against the frame of the door, seeming to try and strike a deal with the guy.

His hands come together in front of him, interlocking his thumbs and fingers around one another. Finally, the man in the car starts to pull up the window, saying one last thing before Brendan literally jumps from the window as the engine happily roars. The pale yellow lights of the headlamps light their way down the small dirt path, even moving off of the road and onto the small field of grass between the woodline and his house. Having to calm his rocketing heart down, Brendan smiles and laughs it off, making it seem as though it were all some sort of joke. He opens up the door but doesn't get in.

"Well, that was a nice little visit." He grins before looking past Nancy at the dual tire marks across his lawn. "They like to be all tough but some clients would rather just -show up- at my house rather 'den calling." Shaking his head, Brendan starts the car again and rolls her in front of the garage, pressing a button to make the door open upwards. Slipping the BMW inside, it seems to be the only car Brendan has apart from the small decaying motorcycle in the corner. It was his father's and he always promised he would learn how to ride and fix her up but he, as seen by the green tarp placed over it, he hasn't had the chance.

"Would you like a tour of the house?" Brendan is already locking up the blue bullet before moving to the side door and unlocking that. The garage looks like any other, filled with boxes for storage as well as a small mechanic desk with all sorts of maps and plans littered across it. The walls are littered with hooks and rings, holding up lawnmowers, saws and hammers. "Or has the ride home made you hungry?"

Letting out a soft gasps as the stranger grabbed Brendan's shirt, she was always surprised by how calm he could be. Tucking her lower lip between her teeth she nibbled on the soft flesh, I wonder what they're talking about? she thought to herself as the hand let go of his shirt. Her body relaxed into the car seat as he made his way back to the car, letting out a soft sigh once he sat down and the other car drove away. Part of her wanted to ask what that was all about, but she didn't want to push him for information.

Stepping out of the car she looked around seeing the tools on the wall, a small smile finding her lips as they reminded her of how handy and skilled he was with a hammer. "Show me the house." she replied with a step out of his way to lead her on the tour. "It already looks so nice. More than I thought it would be." She admitted as she took her hat off once they were inside, tucking the article of clothing into her jacket pocket, "Let me guess, you have robots for servants and colored lights in your shower?"

Wrapping his arm around her waist, he pulls her right to his side and shows her around the three floor layout sitting at the edge of the cliffs down to the water with a staircase moving down to the sandy beach. The rectangular house has a giant oval shaped living room on the floor that they walk into. Leading her around, the large semi-circle couch looking over the water with no sign of a television but plenty of bookshelves to the right and to the left. To the left of the couch is a semi-circular staircase moving upstairs. To the right is a large kitchen with a connecting living room. Behind the staircase is a door to, what one would assume to be his study. Leading her upstairs, they have two guest bedrooms and his room along with two locked doors that Brendan just glazes over. He mumbles something about one being private and the other just being to the attic.

Reaching his room, he places his suitcase down and smiles to her, "You are free to stay here if you wish with me but if you'd like to sleep in a separate bed, I'm not sure why you would to be honest," he raises his brow, "but just know the options are open." Moving his hands through his hair, he looks to the ocean, "We can even get up early and go swimming - you haven't attracted some phobia to the ocean, have you? You once tried to convince me of that when we first started to date." Winking to her, he adds, "And you thought I would forget." He chuckles, smoothing his hand over the wrinkled shirt.

She found his home perfect, something she had always wanted. Not that her grandmothers home wasn't nice, it did have a homier feel to it, but his was amazing. The water, books, room, everything. Once in his room she looks around with a smile, "Why would I want to be in another room?" she asks sitting down on the bed, "Its so soft! I'll just have you sleep on the couch." she giggles plopping back into the bed "Mmm..." Her eyes widened at her comment about the phobia, she did think he had forgotten about that.

She remembers that day, warm and sunny, she was wearing a t-shirt over her bikini and was too embarrassed to take it off. Brendan had wanted her to go into the water with him but she told him about having a phobia of the ocean. He could always see right through her lies. Though he has seen her with lesser on she still feels bashful in anything less than a shirt. "I still do!" she retorts sitting back up with a faux serious expression. "Its big and scary!... And wet!"

"Having me sleep on the couch is a very bad idea. You've seen how grumpy I can be in the morning. Would you really want to see that every single morning? Except it'll be ten times worse because of a horrible night sleep. That gray thing downstairs is great to sleep on but awful on the spine the next day." He rubs his own back just thinking about it, "I have fallen asleep on it plenty of times and regret it every single day." Smiling, he starts to take off his tie, hating the restriction it gives him but adoring the sophistication. Moving to the closet, he opens the double doors, revealing his wardrobe. There is a single hanger full with an array of colored suits with the pants inside of the jacket. Shoes at the bottom along with three rows of drawers for his regular clothing.

"And I would never make you do anything you didn't want to." Chuckling, he looks over his shoulder as he takes the suit jacket off and places it on the bare hanger, freeing his neck from the confines of the collar. Forgetting about the gun still in his pocket, he moves back over to Nancy and kisses her clothed belly, leaning over her on the bed. "I'll just throw you in one of these days, seeing you squirm. You're so cute when you do." He chuckles before kissing her neck. "It's not like I haven't made you do something you don't want to do... pish... no. Of course not...." He grins.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Taking off her jacket she was surprised when he kissed her belly, leaning back from the kiss to her stomach with smiles up at him, "Or really? I just pull you wi-" her words cut of as his lips touched her neck; it was always a sweet spot especially when he was the one kissing it. Closing her eyes as her head tilts to the side a goofy grin pulls at the corners of her lips, "Liar..." peeking up at him arms wrapping over his neck to keep him where he was, "You look very good in a suit, you know?"

Leaning up she pressing a soft lingering kiss to his lips, "How did I get so lucky?" mumbling as her lips parted from his own. "So tell me, Mr. Conrad... If we did go swimming, would you want to skinny dip?" she asks in a teasing tone, wanting to see his reaction mostly, she couldn't see herself every being naked outside of the shower or a bedroom. "Nice moonlight, I'm sure you'd look great naked." she still hadn't seen him without a shirt on but she could imagine how well he looked under his dress shirt.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

With a throaty chuckle, Brendan kisses her again and again before answering her, "One. I appreciate your praise but I'm sure even -you- would look great in one of my suits considering the damn price. I could put it on my dog and she'll look fantastic." Smiling, he feels her breath fan itself over his face, her words sending a delighted chill throughout his whole body. "You're the one who flirted back to my goofy, and now that I look back on it... quite pathetic attempts. But I do have to admit that you did - and still do - make my words tumble right over themselves." Kissing her lips, he leans in closer as she snakes her arms around his neck. It's at that moment he feels the chill of the barrel of his gun against his leg. Swallowing, he tilts his body ever so slightly to one side, trying to make it so that the gun presses up against the edge of the bed instead of her.

"Skinny dipping? Oh you and your dangerous ideas. I think you should be locked away in some--" It's then that he hears something downstairs, his head turning to the side. "Did you hear that?" He asks sharply, the light tone of their conversing fluttering away in the sudden breeze. His mind flickers to what it could be or is he just crazy. Then he hears it again. A soft thumping of footsteps throughout the living room.

"Conrad!?" Comes a ladies voice and Brendan's brows furrow, knowing who it is. The spirit of the moment washes away as he unlinks her arms from his neck and pulls her from the bed with him. Setting a kiss on her lips, he asks in a very simple tone,

"Do you like great danes?" He doesn't quite remember if she is allergic or not.

Giggling softly it quickly cut off as his attention turns away from her, "No, what are talking about?" This time she heard the footsteps, giving a soft squeak as he lifted her from the bed she frowns hearing a woman's voice. What woman just lets herself in? she thought arching a 'brow up at him. Her arms slid from around his neck to rest on his collarbones, "I can wait up here if you like." her tone sounding a little crestfallen over the moment being ruined. Part of her was already being jealous, he was an attractive guy, how could a woman not look or flirt with him.

"Great Danes? I don't think I've ever seen one. That's a dog right?" Never being able to have a pet she enjoyed being around her friend's and neighbor's pets. She wasn't allergic, at least that she knew of, though allergies were never a huge problem for her. "You have a dog? When did this happen, or am I just oblivious?"

"Mr. Conrad!"

Comes the fluttering French accent from downstairs, Brendan turning his gray gaze back to Nancy. Bringing his hands up over hers, he kisses her nose before simply saying what is on her mind before she can even think it. "She is a fifty year old woman with a husband and three practically grown kids. Now wipe that frown from your lips and smile. Cheer that it isn't my -wife- coming home." He winks, completely falling into a trill of laughter at his own joke. Knowing Nancy might not think it as funny, he slinks his arm underneath hers and leads her out the door and down the staircase. "Come and meet my best friend and loyal companion," coming down the steps, Brendan easily smiles at the tall woman standing beside a fawn colored great dane with large floppy ears.

He lets out a happy bark and darts for Brendan once they reach the bottom step. Barking once and only once to show his delight, his tail starts wagging with pure joy to see his owner. "Hey there m'lady! Did you miss me? Yes you did!" Brendan pets her all over and she sits down immediately on his feet, pressing her body up to his. As soon as she starts to smell Nancy though, she pads two steps closer to her and starts to sniff the new and interesting scent. She smells her master -and- this new scent, ears perking up a bit as she happily breathes out with bright eyes up to Nancy.

"Here you are, Mr. Conrad, home at last to see you. I had a great time with her though she missed you, sir. Missed you plenty." Brendan beams, digging into his pocket to grab his wallet and purposely moves closer to Ella, handing her an appropriate amount. Leaning in, they exchange kisses on the cheeks in three succinct patterns. "And you are welcome, Mr. Conrad. I know work has been very busy and you have been staying late at the office. I look forward to seeing you again." Finally glancing over his shoulder, she smiles at Nancy and sidesteps Brendan to offer a boney hand. "I'm Ella, friend of Julietta." She assumes that Nancy knows who this Julietta chick is. "I take care of miss Luna here." She pets the dogs head with a tender care, pocketing the money as she made her way over.

"Yes, Ella, this is Nancy. We met in college--" He cuts himself off, figuring that they are dating again now and he should say something but luckily Ella cuts him off again,

"Oooh! She is the girl you're always talking about. Pretty, very pretty. Not like your usual girls." Ella beams back at Nancy, offering her hand to squeeze hers ever so gently. At that, Brendan's face reddens a bit, his hand running through his hair in a nervous sort of way.

"Uh, no, I guess not. But that's why I love her the way I do. She's unique and the perfect puzzle piece for what I require. I would want no other woman."

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Going cross eyed for a moment once he kissed her nose she smiled. Shaking her head at his joke she followed him out of the room and down the stairs. Her eyes went wide at the sight of the Great Dane, "Holy crap!" she exclaimed seeing the size of the huge animal. She took a step back at it made its way over to Brendan, and then the dog began to sniff her. Reaching her hand out to the dog she gave its head a soft pat before giving Ella's hand a quick shake. Her cheeks began to turn red at their words, "I'm just another girl." she said meekly with a shake of her head.

Tucking her hands into her jean pockets she gives a small smile over to Ella, "Its nice meeting you." she said with a nod of her head stepping off to the side where Brendan was standing, almost hiding behind him like a bashful child. She still wasn't used to how he talked about her and especially hearing it from other people, people she didn't know. "You've been talking about me?"

"I would hope you're not just another girl because of the way Brendan talks about you." Even Brendan is blushing at Ella's words, his eyes moving to Nancy. He quietly agrees, muttering something about her being perfect just the way she is. Swallowing he blinks when Ella continues to speak, "I hardly have been here when Brendan hasn't talked about you. It could be something as simple as a fork at a dinner table to the colors of the sunset. It's an honor to finally meet you in person, Nancy." Nodding, the woman seems satisfied with her words and moves over to a nearby coat rack, picking up her violet peacoat and draping it over her shoulders, slipping her arms through the holes. "I must be off though. Joe is waiting for me in the car - just bringing your dog back to you Mr. Conrad. You two have a lovely evening and I hope to see you at the party. You still are going, aren't you?"

Brendan glances to Nancy before nodding his head, "You'll see me and I'll be there, shining for you as always." At that comment, Ella beams with her eyes before turning and petting Luna one last time before heading out the front door. Chuckling, Brendan quickly moves after her and holds the door open, waving his hand and quietly whispering something to Ella. Turning around, her green eyes are understanding and she leans up, giving him one last kiss before patting his pants leg where the gun is, mumbling something else. It seems Nancy doesn't notice it but she has eyes as sharp as a hawk, not letting her age be at fault. Feeling the blood rush to his face, he grins and tells her with a smile, "Yeah, right away." Brendan assures her.

Closing the door, his hand moves nervously towards his chin before stepping towards the garage door. He wants to get this gun out of the picture as soon as he can. His hand digs into his pocket, holding the handle and trying to make it seem casual. "Settle yourself on the couch, I forgot -something- in the car." Smiling his finest of smiles, he moves to put the gun away. Leaving the door cracked, he kneels down after opening the door, putting the gun safely in its place. Moving back to the living room, he looks around to see where Nancy is. "Hungry?" He asks, "And skinny dipping, he unbuttons another button of his shirt, raising his brow in a sweet sort of way. He knows if he can kiss her, she will forget about what he had to get in the car so he moves quickly to where she is.

Looking down to cause locks of hair fall into her face to cover the dark blush that was beginning to form over her face, Ella's words were sweet but Nancy was never one for compliments. Once they moved to the door, tucking the strand of hair behind her ear she watched the two converse. Arching a 'brow as Ella pats something at Brendan's leg, she didn't question it much since she wasn't sure for what reason she'd do it. Giving a shrug at her thoughts she moves over to pat at the dog's head.

"Hm?" she mumbled as he left for his car, "Come on, cutie." she said to the dog as she made her way over to the couch, tucking her legs under herself as she sat. Patting the stop next to her for the large animal to sit or lay down beside her, "I'm going to have to compete for his attention with you, won't I?" giggling softly as her fingers rub over the dog's left ear. "Didn't know he had another lady in his life."

Brendan is thankful for Luna for she'll keep Nancy busy while he puts his gun away. Seeing them on the couch when he returns, all he can do is smile at the two of them. "My ladies are looking very adorable tonight." Luna indeed has jumped on the new padding, luckily her paws are clean as she sniffs Nancy before coming up to lick her face and keeps on licking until she is pushed down or told to stop. When Nancy starts to talk to her, her ear twitches and she lets out a small little bark, her tail wagging. The bark is not enough to set anyone on edge, it was just her way of talking back to humans. Her head comes down onto Nancy's lap, falling on her side as she exposes her large ribcage for a severe rubbing.

"She's not the first," Brendan breathes right under his breath as he makes his way over to the two. "Are you hungry, Nancy?" He questions again, not angered at all by her lack of answer the first time. Smiling, he can tell already that Luna has taken a liking to Nancy. Better for her to have a friend incase he does have to work late occasionally. "We can order in, leftovers," as soon as he suggests it, he shakes his head, "No... no, what am I thinking. I should be cooking you a feast for all you have done for me." A stern nod follows, "Yeah, how about I cook you dinner?" He seems to have forgotten any food she might have brought, still smelling the zesty orange on her hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.