Love Found

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
She loved watching him get dressed, it was cute how he couldn't make up his mind and she was more than happy to help him pick out just the right one. When he decided on the tux she couldn't help but grin to herself, loving how well he looked in the suit. "So dashing..." She gave his tie one more fix before he made his way down the stairs, part of her wishes to go with him but parties weren't really her thing and she would just get in his way, not knowing what to do with herself around others she doesn't know.

By the time she heard Brendan calling for her, her hair was up in a messy but, still stained with the salt water of beach. A loose thank top on and a part of her black pajama pants. Slight sunburn on her cheeks from their fun day outside. Once downstairs she saw Molly, she looked gorgeous. Nancy couldn't help but feel like nothing in comparison. Giving a half hearten greeting she was sad to see him leave with her but she knew Brendan was all her's. Kissing him back before he left, a pout forming at her bottom lip as he pulled away and had to leave. Standing in the doorway her eye caught his hand on her back, it didn't bother her but it made her wonder about how she seemed to look, giving a glance to her clothing, pulling at the fabric softly. With a slight wave goodbye she closes the door.

Her night was quiet, sitting on the couch, Luna curled up on her side, as she drew portraits of random faces she remembers seeing on the sidewalk the day before. The silence of the room was quickly broken as the doorbell ran. Patting Luna's side as she stood up to answer, "Who could be coming at this hour?" she mumbled as she cracked the door open, "Hello? If you're looking for Brendan he isn't here. I can tell him you stopped by though... Mr...?"

Walking to his car, Brendan whispers to Molly about how good she looks but he hopes that she can still run if it comes down to it. "Did you bring your gun?" Brendan asks Molly once they're in the safety of his car. Leaning down, he plucks his own gun out from underneath his seat. Handing it to Molly, he asks her to load it as they drive. Complimenting how he looks, Molly reaches over and gives his cheek a kiss. Small and affectionate. Nothing more or less. She informs him that she has two guns strapped to her legs, lifting up the hem of her dress way, way, up so that he can get a glimpse. After changing gears, Brendan's hand rests on her thigh as a small reminder. He knows that she is under his command.

"You shouldn't have lied about your husband, you know. Nancy might find out that you're completely single and hopelessly in love with me." Molly nods and makes up some excuse about thinking on the fly. She knows that Brendan loves Nancy and at least she has the manners not to get -too- much in the way. Looking at him completely, she toys with her diamond earrings, revealing to Brendan that it wasn't all a lie. She did have a husband, a very rich husband, who loved her. Then his sickness overruled his will of life and she had to become a widow a year later. Was she sad? Sort of... she admits, feeling awful for not loving the man like she could have. The rest of the car ride is Brendan confirming his love for Nancy. The rest of the evening is spent in a tipsy haze, meeting and greeting with a sheepish grin to his face and a firm handshake. Overall, he enjoys himself.

-----

Smiling, the light from inside the house illuminates the mans white teeth. Not wearing a hat, the man nearly hits his head on the door frame. Squinting at her, he tries to place her face with a small spark of his memory. Nancy's face seems so familiar that it shocks him into silence. Only guttural sound comes from his black bearded throat. Inspector Jay Allen plucks his badge from his coat pocket, revealing the proud emblem of the city as well as his certification. Holding it out to her, his bright brown eyes, the color of melted chocolate, sneak peeks from her to what he can see from inside the house. "My name is Inspector Allen from the CSPD ((Made up Police Dpt)), and I'm here to ask a few questions about a Mr. Kyle Telliar. May I come in, ma'am?"

Gazed up at the man at the door, eyes squinting to place his face. Was it the beard? She wasn't sure. "Allen?" she whispers looking at his badge, the door opening all the way so she could get a better look, "Kyle? There is no Kyle here..." Eyeing him up and down she tilts her head in thought trying to remember how she knew that name. "Oh wait, that's a friend of Brendan's I believe. Come inside." stepping aside she gestured for him to enter, usually she wouldn't invite some into anyone else home but it was a bit chilly out and she was sure he meant well.

Closing the door behind him she nibbles her lip hoping everything was okay, "Um... Could I get you some coffee or water.. Allen was it?" she asked making her way over to the kitchen, placing her sketch pad and pencil on the counter not having a chance to put them down yet. "Is everything okay? Is Kyle is some sort of trouble?" she began rambling on as she began to get nervous and hoped that Brendan didn't get caught up in something.

Chuckling half heartedly, Jay shakes his head, completely forgetting to tell her why he is here. Thinking it odd that she repeated his last name, the inspector tries to move on and not worry about it. In his eyes, she is just trying to remember his last name. His hand moves to his pocket, fingering the business card that lies in there. Perhaps later he will get the chance to give it to her once he has asked his questions. Pulling out a small leather bound notebook, the small yellow pencil, about the size of his pointer finger, falls out into his prepared hand. "Oh, no, I didn't expect to see Kyle here. You see, I have come here to ask questions concerning him being found washed up in the bay." Setting a briefcase on a kitchen stool, he tries to keep all the gruesome details out of the mix.

"If you have a pot of coffee on already, I'll be delighted to have some. If not, water will do just as well." Smiling, the man leans up against the small island counter with the whitewash cabinets. "I would just like to know if you know anything about Mr. Telliar or his connections to your ..." looking around, he slowly assumes, "Husband?" squinting and flipping through his notes, he lifts up the pencil and corrects himself,

"No, excuse me, not husband, your boyfriend. Mr. Brendan Conrad. I'm not saying that he is in trouble, not in the least. I would just like to know his whereabouts three days ago. Forensics have concluded that he was in the water for about seventy-two hours. Poor lad." Flipping through the book again, he adds on, "According to Ms. Nelson's report, he is one of your boyfriend's clients. Do you know a Kyler Telliar, miss...?" Hanging on his last word, Jay expects her to introduce herself so that they may be properly acquainted. "I just need statements from all the suspects or friends who knew Mr. Telliar." He assures her that it's just routine, nothing to worry about.

Her eyes went wide, "Th-The bay?" she stuttered not expecting to hearing anything close to that response. Blinking she brought her mind back to reality, "Coffee.. I believe he- Oh no not, well yes my boyfriend." she was still a bit in shock, it wasn't that long about, maybe a week or so, that Brendan was talking to her about Kyle. Grabbing a mug she poured the coffee into the mug and placed it into of Jay.

Pulling a stool out she sat at the island, "I know they were friends, but I don't know for three days ago. I just got here yesterday..." she said quietly, "I don't really know him, never really talked to the guy. Oh! Nancy Leo." she quickly add once she realized she never introduced herself. "Right now he's at a party for work?" thinking for a moment she gave a nod, "Yes, for work. I do have his number if you need to get in touch with him... Maybe it was an accident and he just drowned..?"

Jay, knowing that she must know -of- Kyle by the way she is acting, pushes a chair over so that she can sit. Leaning against the table, he smiles when she hands him some coffee. "You're too kind, thank you very much." After a short sip, the taste covering him like a warm blanket. Boy he loved coffee. The right side of his lip curls up for a moment, knowing that this isn't the time nor place to be too social. "Do you live here with Brendan regularly?" Jay will need to know where he can contact her if he has more questions. He needs to give her enough confidence in him so that she will trust him but he has to stay on the case. Perhaps a personal call can be made another time for he swears on his life he knows her from somewhere else.

Extending his hand for a hard handshake, his high school ring, shimmering colors of red and silver, is stuck onto his bent pointer middle finger. Perhaps that'll be enough evidence for her mind to spark a memory. "Nancy Leo," Jay repeats in a somewhat daze, trying to solidify the name. "Weren't you a part of Grove Street?" In the city, it's a complex that is known for their psychiatric care. Very high status with the best of the best. Squinting, Jay's smile comes back onto his face, this time showing a few white teeth. As a very charming looking man, the inspector looks back to his notepad, tapping the pen on the side of it.

"Right," clearing his throat, Jay continues, "so when your boyfriend did speak of Kyle, do you remember what he talked about? Did he seem angry at Mr. Telliar? Disgruntled at anything?" trying to act as human as possible, most officers keep their distance but not Jay. In his practice, he believes that being kind is the best way to get information out of people.

"Thank you Ms. Leo for taking all this time. I know that it might be tough having to remember." Plucking his card from his pocket, he places it in her open hand. "You can call me at any time. But for right now, I'll take your boyfriend's number." As for the events concerning Mr. Telliar's death, Jay shakes his head. "I can't go into too much detail as to not disturb you miss. But it's obvious it wasn't suicide and it is indeed murder." Pausing there, Jay keeps eye contact with Nancy, noting her reactions closely.

Last edited:
Giving a quick shake of her head, "No, this is my first time here. I live outside of the city, maybe an two or more hours away. In Bracenville." Tilting her head to the side she thought for a moment, "Grove Street... Hm.. Oh! Yes. Where you-" her sentence cut off at a thought, after a moment his questions brought her attention back to the task at hand she gave another shake of her head, "No, I mean, he didn't really talk about him much around me. Now that I think about it, I don't really ask much about work. Isn't much to talk about, I guess."

Taking the card she looked at it for a moment, "If I could borrow your pen." taking the pen and pad she wrote down Brendan's number, handing it back her eyes connected with his. "You look familiar... Wait. Murder?" she slouched into the island as the word sunk into her mind. "I can't imagine why, but then again I didn't know him enough to even think if there was a possibility of it." With a sigh she pulled her hair down from the bun it was in and glanced at the card once more reading it over, "Inspector Jay Allen.." then it hit her.

"I worked with you when a patient of mine, Robert Clements, ran off and what not. You helped on the case and you interviewed me a few times. Small world, hu?" smiling up at him as she pockets the card, "I'm sorry, I should have recognized you, my memory isn't that bad."

"Bracenville?" Giving the inspector a moment, he maps out the location in his mental map. "I understand," he does think it's odd that all his reports thus far have told him of the grand relationship between Brendan and his friend / client. Now his own girlfriend hardly knows anything about it. Moving on with his thoughts, Jay looks down to the swirling black coffee. His pen easily strokes across the pad, "It must be a tough commute. Isn't that by an airforce base? You must really care for your boyfriend to make that commute." shrugging, he knows they shouldn't be speaking because it's none of his business. One track mind is what he needs right now. It's a shame he is running up three or four at the moment. He knows this girl but doesn't remember why and usually he is very good with faces. All he needs is a nudge in the right direction and Nancy gives him just that.

"First time here? Well, Miss Leo, if you're not planning on leaving town so soon, perhaps we can grab some--" His eyes widen when he plucks the blue pen from his pocket, handing the ink to her. "Oh, yes, of course you can. A--" She recognized him too. Squinting very slightly, Jay keeps the small smile on his face. Leaning forward, he lets himself become lost in her eyes. He didn't mean to discomfort her. Jay always treats women with a high respect. "Robert Clements?" Snapping his fingers, the light turns on for him as well, "Oh, no, no, that was years ago! I don't expect you to exactly remember an officer who grilled you and your coworkers. I don't think they were very fond of me. Do you still work there, Nancy?"

Her name slips from his lips an he immediately purses his lips. "I apologize, Miss Leo. This is an interview. It's a very small and very fascinating universe we live in. I am surprised at myself for not remembering our history together sooner. But, yes," moving his finger to the edge of the table, pressing his nails to the rim, "will you have lunch with me or brunch before you go back to Bracenville? I would love to catch up." It was pretty obvious before that Mr. Allen here had a keen eye for Nancy's unique beauty. Way back when, he would flirt mercilessly, knowing both she and he were single. Nothing came from it though and Jay thinks it's better that way.

"Yeah it is... And I guess the commute is a bit of a while but usually he is the one that drives." handing the pen and pad back she giggles, "I thought you were just fine, I took no offense to the interviews. You were just doing your job." Her smile faltered at his question, "Uh, no... They had some cut backs and I was one to go." lifting her tanned shoulders in a shrug, "Shit happens." muttering with a glance down to the counter.

At the mention of lunch it brings the smile back to her lips, pearly white flashing up at him. "I'd love that. I'm here for another day. I could grab a late lunch before I head back home. Do you know any good places around here?" a small giggle slipped her lips as she thought back to them flirting back and forth during the case he worked on, quickly she bit her lip thinking it was bad of her to think about it. She still wants to be with Brendan and had no intention of cheating or anything of the sort, but it had been sometime since anyone besides him had fancied her.

"I hear the view from the train is marvelous in the springtime. Flowers are budding, the white and pink seen rolling along the tracks. Beautiful. I recommend it highly for you," his mouth gapes open for a moment, forcing the words out, "and your boyfriend." Forcing himself not to roll his eyes, Jay looks around the decorated kitchen once again, trying to see if there is anything out of norm. "But it's a shotty business that they had to cut you out of Grove Street. You seemed to be the one with the most promise." smiling, he takes another sip of his coffee before he might say something he'll later regret.

"You'd love it," he cannot control his beaming smile, it's enough to light up the whole town. That's the same one he used to flash at her all the time. Cute and simple but the man never advanced further than flirting. Perhaps in his dreams they kissed but he is sure he has never felt her lips upon his. He starts to daydream again, his brown hues settling on her smile. Not sure how long he had been staring, Jay snaps back up into action and forces himself to look back down to his pad, "Oh, um," Jay drums his fingers on the table before scribbling something else. "I know plenty of places. Do you want me to write down a few options, give them to you and perhaps you can call me tomorrow at the station and we can decide on where you would like to go. Deal?" Taking his time, he picks one of each cuisine, the best in town, and writes them all out on one of his notepad papers.

Her giggle causes him to chuckle, it always had and most likely always will. "You still do that thing with your lips after you laugh..." he notes, running his own hand across his smile. Perhaps it was a light tease for Jay always got caught up in the moment. Standing, he slips the black book into his pocket. "It's very cute. You might want to be careful though. For if Brendan is the jealous type, Nancy," he walks confidently over to her side of the table, reaching up to stroke his knuckles against her cheek, Jay stops. Placing his hand on her right shoulder, he leans in and kisses her left cheek. "I apologize for not being able to stay for long. Call me tomorrow." he hands her the dinner list, "And so, Miss Leo, I thank you for your cooperation and I look forward to hearing from you."

Smiling she took the paper, "Sounds good. I'll call you at the train, perfect." A soft blush rushed to her cheeks at his comment, "Oh." delicate fingers placed over her lips a bit embarrassed, her eyes went wide at feel his hand against her cheek and then her shoulder. Her lips parted to say something but only a squeak made its way out, the blush growing into a deep red as he kissed her cheek. "N-No problem." walking him to the door she let him out, "Drive safe! It was good seeing you again." Giving a wide, toothy smile she gave his hand a firm shake. "You can just call me Nancy. Ms. Leo is my grandmother."

After wishing him a goodnight she closed the door behind her and slumped against it with a soft thud, her chest raising in a deep breath as she took in everything that just happened. Fingers tracing over her cheek where his lips once were. Giving another shake of her head, pushing herself off the door, she made her way back to the couch. Picking up her pad and pencil she turned to a new page and began sketch a new face. Luna still on the couch with a soft rough to Nancy, she pats at the giant's chest, "Calm down, just an old friend."

"Fine, Nancy it is. You promise to call me Jay?" Moving out to his black cop car with all the sirens, bells and whistles taken off the top, Jay drives off. It wouldn't be another few hours until Brendan comes back so Luna keeps a horrible guard for she falls asleep almost immediately after signaling her dislike for Jay. Listening to Nancy this time, Luna places her head in Nancy's lap and drifts off. The first sign of life coming from the outside world would be the lights coming up the driveway, then the voices chattering outside the safety of their cars. Waiting for Brendan to arrive back, a voice starts telling a story to the rest of the nearly silent group. The man with his snappy voice announces and recollects on the day he hired Brendan. Now he is swimming in millions upon millions of dollars and couldn't be happier!

Long before the door opens, Luna's head lifts up from Nancy's lap. Ignoring them, Luna jumps down and pads over to the kitchen to eat some more of her food. Brendan enters the room with a gusto most likely brought on by a fruitful night of drinking. Still standing and able to drive, Brendan enjoys the light buzz he has to his ears, the warmth of an alcohol blanket covering his shoulders.

"Nancy?" He calls, not seeing her immediately. It's not that he wants to be rude about it, the man simply is hosting for seven or so people who all crowd into the house. "Oh yes, fella's you can put your coats on the rack over there. Would anyone care for one last drink before I kick you all out so I can spend some quality time with the love of my life?" Skipping, yes skipping, over to Nancy, he holds her in a tight embrace before kissing her cheek multiple times. "I hope you don't mind," he whispers to her, pressing his forehead against hers, "They'll be gone before you know it." Letting out a breath, he pulls his neck free from the bow tie and takes off his jacket. A chatter has settled over the room, all of the members seeming friendly to one another. Smiles are exchanged and playful pokes are made at one another from weight to how they handle their money. In Brendan's eyes, they're all pigs but he has to play nice for they're his bosses.

Upon seeing the lights of Brendan's car she grins ear to ear, but then she heard voices, quite a few of them. Placing her pad and pencil to the side she stood up watching the group of men come into the house. As Brendan embraced her she could smell the faint stench of alcohol on his breath. "Well it is your house, love." she whispers back as his forehead pressed into hers. Glancing over to the men and then the stairs, "Would you like me to go up stairs? I don't want to be in the way." Seeing all of the men in their suits she could help but feel under dressed in her pajamas.

Pressing a kiss to his cheek she gives him a reassuring smile, "Did you have a good time at least?" she asks picking up her things and walking behind to the couch to the stairs, the pad pressed against her chest. "I hope the drive home was okay, and you and Molly had a good time." Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear as she went. "I'll meet you in bed?"

"It's your house just the same," he warns her with a small grin, wanting her to feel as comfortable as possible whilst staying with him. "Do you think for one moment that all of this," Brendan's hand crescents around the room, "is just all mine? No, ma'am. It's not. You are just as entitled to this house as I am." knowing it's a lie in a legal sense, Brendan just moves on, wanting to please Nancy. When he has had a few drinks in him, depending if it's a fine wine or an aged scotch, he always requires everyone to be happy. It's a part of his nature. He may see it as a flaw but the lovely feeling of his light feet as his tipsy mind spins soon cushions that demanding side of him.

The group around them chatters, a few men admiring the paintings on the wall and others helping themselves to some food from the fridge. Brendan, though, scowls a little, wondering why Nancy wouldn't want to meet his bosses. His brow raises, knowing that perhaps it's best if she -does- go upstairs for she isn't properly dressed. That shouldn't matter! At any part of the day no matter how she has fixed her hair or what shoes she has on, Brendan finds her to be perfect. Sure he has dated supermodels but their constant craving for more, more and more, really got on his nerves. Nancy is a virtuous woman and he doesn't have to worry about plenty of things while with her. She won't steal from him or cheat on him for he knows how much of her heart he has stolen. She, in return, has taken all of his.

"I had a wonderful time, yet, it could have been better if a special someone were there." his hand comes around to stroke the back of her neck, "but for what it was, I guess I had a great time." Stopping her before she walks up the steps, Brendan cups her rosy cheeks in his hands. Wondering to himself on the vastness of her beauty, he doesn't speak and just admires. Finally, his words come out, "Are you sure you won't stay? I missed you terribly."

Her eyes met with his once the hand touched her cheek, dark red rising up into her already sun stained skin. He looked so handsome, suave, amazing. Sometimes she still couldn't believe that she was back with him. "Well I.." Leaning up she pressed a soft kiss to his lips, "I'm sorry I couldn't make it then." she mumbles out against his lips. After a moment her attention was brought back to the chattering men, "If you want. I don't want to make you look bad. What if I say the wrong thing or they just don't like me?" Giving him a small smile, reaching up to fix part of the collar on his shirt. Placing her things down on one of the steps she looks back at Brendan. She was very nervous, wanting to make a good impression for him. He is an important man and well spoken of, "If you're absolutely sure. If you think they'll like me..."

She is a mess, an absolute mess. To Brendan, she is perfect though with her hair sprawling in every direction from the confines of her hair tie. "You could never make me look bad, Nancy. I hope you enjoyed your girls night in with slobbery Luna over there." Nodding his head over to the big dog, she is happily sniffing at the men, her tail wagging happily for all the petting and attention. "It's completely up to you if you wish to stay down here or not, I'll leave your decision up to you." Kissing her again, Brendan smiles, "You won't mess up. They're understanding men," Brendan lies, needing Nancy to feel comfortable though. "and they'll be delighted to finally put a face to all the stories I have told."

He does as he promised and keeps the decision making up to her. Slipping his hands from her face, he knocks her chin with his knuckle in an admiring manner before turning his back and going back to the men. More or less, there are seven of them. Tall, fat, skinny, muscled. They're an array of personality. One man has a cigar in his hand, unlit but waiting for the opportunity. Brendan, by far the youngest of the group, moves over and clasps the blue suited man on the shoulder, whispering a quick remark or two before greeting the others. They introduce him into the conversation.

That's when Molly and four other girls walk in. She, by far, is the oldest of the group and yet, the most experienced in beauty. Waving at Nancy from across the room, Molly nearly skips up to the stairwell where she is residing. "Nancy!" She greets happily, turning to the red dressed girl, "This is Brendan's girlfriend." waving a hand at Nancy, "Darling," addressing Nancy, "These are my friends, Isabella," a tall blonde girl smiles and waves, "Josephine," a largely rounded woman with large hoop earrings twiddles her fingers in a lighthearted manner, "Lauren," the twig of a girl, looking quite disheveled with her messy brunette hair everywhere, smiles, "and finally," her arm goes around the red dressed girl, "Stephane!" They all say hello in their own manners. Polite, yet, judgmental.

The smile grew on her lips, "Okay, it wouldn't hurt." letting out a soft giggles once he knocked her chin, placing a soft kiss to his knuckles before he walked back over to the men. Looking over the men she could already see what kind of them they were, rich, arrogant, the ones in charge. Taking a deep breath she composed herself and figured the worse she could do it turn them off by the sea salt still in her hair. "Just keep calm and be polite." whispering to herself as she straightened her pajamas.

As she began to walk down the steps she heard the voices of women, pausing on the last step she saw Molly and a group of girls come her way, "Oh lord..." muttering as she picks up her things and begins to go back up the steps, only to be stopped by Molly. "Hi..." she responded half heartedly with a raise of her free hand. "Nice seeing you again, Molly. Nice to meet you ladies, but if you would excuse me I was about to call it night..." gesturing to clothing, "As you can see." Giving a slight nod to the ladies she headed up to the bedroom and closed the door behind her with a soft sigh.

Bendan, glancing over to the ladies, notices a change in Nancy's confidence. Scowling a little, he excuses himself from the group. By the time he walks over, Nancy is already making her retreat towards his bedroom. Shaking his head, he assumes that perhaps Nancy is just tired and has made her choice. Perhaps that's for the better. Smiling, he wraps his arms around the nearest girls and wheels them back towards the group of men. "Come on ladies," he calls, "let's not make trouble!" Isabella shakes her head, responding the loudest out of the group.

"Brendan, hun, we would never make trouble. Don't you know that?" Slapping his chest playfully, she gives his tone there a good rub before unsticking herself from his side. Conversing with the older gentlemen is easy for all the girls have to do is smile and sway their hips a bit more than usual. Learning this technique a long time ago, Molly has really taught her small posy well. In seconds, the men are already immersed in a new conversation. It's one about fashion and although they may not understand it completely, they're confident that if they nod their heads long enough, the girls will just keep talking.

"Molly," Brendan starts to ask, "May we speak in the kitchen?" Smiling, the blue dressed woman complies and starts to walk towards that side of the house. Brendan, longingly looking back at the staircase, wishes that he could just sneak away and be alone with Nancy. No matter how much he may dream, reality has a hard ball and chain. He is a host and needs to be downstairs. The confident man needing to be seen by his directors. The more they like him, the more opportunity he has in the company. Hesitating, he walks after Molly, leaving the staircase bare and silent.

Nancy sat down on the bed, lips pinched together in thought. A hand dug into her pant's pocket and pulled out Jay's card and the addresses for the places for lunch, placing them on the nightstand she looked over her drawing. It was a portrait of Jay but back from when they first met, he didn't have much of a beard then and she drew him a big toothy smile. Placing that done for the last time of the night she looked back to the door, hearing the laughter and chatter.

Eyes quickly move over to her suitcase thinking she could get dressed up and then make a grand appearance, showing the girls who's to watch out for. But the realization of not bringing anything of the sort with her, it just made her shake her head. "Maybe I can just change into something slightly nicer?" saying it to herself as she pushes herself off the bed and over to her clothes, "Hmm..." she didn't pack much but it was close enough.

Jay had only been an officer in the force when they first met. New to the line of work, he had been very nervous when dealing with a girl who he found to be very pretty. Having to push aside his thoughts and feelings, the man soon learned to put his duty to the city in front of his own desires. Losing one wife after only a few months of being married, Jay has been striking out with the ladies as of late. Being an inspector has taken up most of his time and frankly, he doesn't have much time anymore for anything but work. Much like Brendan, he finds it hard to balance his work life and social life but Jay, unlike Brendan, is in a rank to freely move his appointments.

Brendan quickly pulls Molly aside, kissing her cheek before asking her, no pleading with her, to just let the night play out. He has an honor to Nancy for she holds his heart and Brendan tells her that he will happily make her death look like an accident if she fucks anything up. After scaring Molly enough, he smiles, pretending everything is alright and goes into hug her. She, recoiling, allows him to hug her but isn't happy in the slightest. "And if you can't deal with my rules under my house, you can kiss your job and life goodbye. I will ruin you, honey." He kisses her cheek again, this time for a long while before pulling away. "Now, let's get back to the party." Grabbing her wrist, he doesn't take no for an answer. Soon the two are conversing as usual when heat starts to rise between a newcomer and his bosses.

Not understanding it completely, Brendan does his best to stay out of such matters, knowing he is below par. "Come on gentlemen..." He starts, seeing the black gun slip from his collegues side. "Not in my house!" He screams but by that point, a gunshot had already rung through the air. Checking his chest quickly for any sign of disruption such as red blood or a hole, Brendan finds nothing. Running at the man, Brendan tackles him to the ground, trying to get the gun off of him. Pulling out his own silver one, he points his straight at the man's forehead, "Call Eddie!" He yells at someone, anyone. "Call Eddie and get this scum out of my house!" his fiery eyes move back to the skinny man with wispy brown hair.

"How dare you." Is all he says, cocking his gun. All the men, as well as the women, start to back away from the frustrated man. "In my house. You understand that I won't let you off the hook so easily, now will I? No. You're playing this game under -my- rules you understand." Brendan's gun pushes against his head, the man whimpering in response, trying to blabber his apology through teary eyes and a runny nose. "Wrong." Is all Brendan says, not at all being like himself. He is oozing with power for the gun gives him, he can't help but smile darkly, his back towards the stairwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.