Love Found

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy, mid-way through digging through her clothes, she heard the voices raise. Slowly she stood up and walked to the door, ear pressing into the door to see what was going on. Maybe a rude comment about one's work? Everything was so muffled, but she screamed in surprise hearing a gun shot. Swinging the door open, letting it slam into the wall, running out into the bannister to see what all the commotion was about. Looking down into the kitchen just in time to see Brendan pull the gun out and press it into the man's temple.

Her eyes went wide upon seeing the light reflect off of the gun. "Brendan?" she whispered unable to believe what was going on. Should I stop him? Will I get shot? Slowly she backed up into the bedroom, slamming the door and locking it. "Holy crap! Holy crap! Holy crap!" she mutters to herself over and over as she scrambles to find her phone and Jay's card. Once she found both, pausing wondering if it was what she really wanted to do. Putting it down she couldn't bare to call anyone, loosing Brendan or getting him in any sort of trouble would kill her. Probably in more than one way that she knows of.

The man underneath him finally gets his chance and takes it. Brendan's gun is flung across the kitchen floor, causing the shine to flicker in the lamplight. His fist rises instead, knowing he can do just as much damage with or without the firearm. Brendan growls, like a hound moving in for the kill, all intentions of slamming the slug in the face. Molly quickly runs over and uses all her strength to hold his muscled arm.

"No!" She yells, pleading for Brendan not to fight in front of the older men. Even though he yelled at her before in the kitchen, Molly knows what must be done. For justice will be served but not by Brendan for he is liked in the public eye. Such dirty matters are dealt with by professional men. When it comes to Brendan, all he has to do is smile and she will fall to her knees and forgive him. All he has to do is just tell her what he wants.

The fire in his eyes subsides and with an angry huff of air, the man recoils his fist to his side. Molly pats his arm, slinking her arm around his and pulling him off of the man. "Just... Call Eddie and get the hell out."

The man on the ground, still angry about whatever argument they were having spits curses at Brendan from the ground. Turning back around, Brendan slams him right in the face, shutting him up. Shaking his hand, he announces, "ladies and gentlemen, party is over. Please drive home safely and ill see most of you Monday. If not, well, sometime soon!" Smiling, he claps his hands and leads everyone towards the door, "Thanks for coming!" Everyone leaves except for the man who is out cold in the kitchen. Brendan lugs him over to the couch and lays him down, inspecting the forming black and blue on his temple.

The clap grabbed her attention, slowly she unlocked the door and cracked it open just enough for her to see what was gong on. It was quiet but Brendan was... Dragging someone? With the phone still in her hand she filled it open ready to punch in a numbers. Her mind going wild from what Jay told her about Kyle a few hours before. "Could he have done it?" she asks herself cracking the door open a bit more to get a better look.

She watched Brendan place the unconscious man on the couch, her eyes glancing over to the lone gun still on the kitchen floor. Taking a deep breath, closing her phone and pocketing it with Jay's card, she slowly opens the door with the decision to play dumb. "Hey, Brendan? I, uh... heard some noises. Is everything okay?" pointing to the man on the couch, "Have too much to drink?" she asks walking down the steps, nibbling on the side of her lip the closer she got.

The sound of rough movement on the wooden ground would wake anyone from there sleep. It's deep, the echo of someone's heals being dragged across from the kitchen to the living room. Brendan uses his strength to lug the dead weight onto the white sofa. Flopping him down, Brendan looks up at Nancy make her way down the stairs. Normally he could just get away with lying but Nancy has been trained to seek out such emotions in someone's voice. Smiling, he tries and pretend that noting happened. Yet, he is assured by her gaze alone that she had heard the gunshot. Gulping, he thinks of what to say in response.

"Yes, my dear, everything is fine. You see, Mr. Stephens here had a little too much to drink. He pulled out his gun when Dave and Pete started to argue and bam." Knowing well that she had heard the shot, he thinks it's best to not try and deny it. "Luckily no one was injured," glancing over at the wall, the bullet hole cackling at him, "just my house damaged." Tell her the complete truth would make him liable to plenty of questions and Brendan knows he couldn't deal with such stress right now. Not to mention her safety would thus be in jeopardy. His steady hands are now shaking. He is thankful that the bullet went right through the bookshelf and not someone's heart.

"Nancy, you have to understand..." Brendan starts, moving over to where she rests. Gripping his hands around her's, the man humbly continues, "Being famous means that people -will- try and take your life. I don't mean to gloat in the slightest for I hate all the attention my talent has given me," motioning around the house, Brendan scowls, "You see... I would rather just be with you somewhere alway from crazy men like that one," jerking his thumb at the couch, "Are you alright?" Stroking her cheek, he has to make sure she is not trembling in shock from hearing such a loud bang. Brendan seems un-phased by such a disturbance.

Last edited:
As he walked up the stair she took a step up, a slight flinch as he touched her cheek. "What kind of artist owns a gun?" she asks softly. "I-I saw what happened before.. It looked natural to you. No hesitation or second thought." her voice went soft, a slight quaver in her tone, a thought growing in her mind. Should I ask? thinking it would either go good or bad, "Did.. Did you kill Kyle? He washed up on the bay.." her bottom lip began to quiver as everything that happened sank in.

"Brendan.. What's going on?" slumping down to sit on the step, her hands cupping over her face. "Do you even have a job involving art?" her mind raced as all of these questions and more spilled from her lips, "Are you going to kill that guy? Are you part of some gang? The mob?"

As she starts to ask questions, a large knot coils its way around his stomach. Having to remain calm, he smiles his way through it, speaking very softly. Every fiber in his body has to cover this up and make up some excuse to explain what she had seen. Fearing that he could have been found out, the man hesitates when she asks about Kyle. A brow raises and whatever thoughts are in his mind are washed out. "Kyle as in Kyle Herman? Pennani? Telliars?" searching her face, Brendan does his best to act concerned for his friend. When she drops down on the steps, he follows, kneeling close to her. I need you to trust me again, Nancy. You were never meant to see that side of me... I am sorry you had to see that but I am who I am and you can never know.

Narrowing his eyes for a second, he asks, "How did you find out about Kyle?" once he hears that indeed his 'good friend' Kyle Telliars was found washed up in the bay. There has been nothing in the papers and Brendan, for the most part, has not heard anything from his 'job'. But, of course, he knows that the body of Kyle Nicholas Telliars should have never washed up. Last time he saw that lug, he had been headed up the river towards the ocean.

"Kyle is dead?" He repeats over and over again, selling his story. Turning away from her, he runs his hands through his hair. Instead of selling himself all the way, he hears her voice ring through his head. "Are you going to kill that guy?" his heart thumps in his chest, his own thoughts simply answering with a, "yes" but instead, he quickly faces Nancy. "Nancy, I own a gun for protection. It's perfectly legal. I can even dig up the license if you don't trust me. And... and I can understand you asking about the gun but how could you ask about my job?" Scoffing, he seems unsettled by her question.

Standing up, he moves a few paces into his living room, "All this is my hard work. Digital Design and Artwork." shaking his head, he can't believe she would ask such a thing. "You saw me work, Nancy. You fucking sat on my lap while I did it! How... how could you say such a thing? Do you think that all this," motions to his home, "is all blood money from some city gang? Mob... whatever?" keeping his back towards her, his hand presses against his temples, playing the role of the stressed man whose girlfriend just accused him of being in dirty relations. The thing that bugs him the most though is hearing her say the truth about him. Blood money and violence. Manipulation is how he rose to his position. His status. His fame.

"Telliars!" she interjects and pull out Jay Allen's card from her pocket. "An investigator stopped by earlier asking for you and told me he was murdered!" as he turned away she just frowns, "You're lying to me... I'll ask about your job if I want to, Brendan." anger dripping from her lips as she said his name. "Its called bodyguards, you don't need a gun." Walking down the steps, knowing he wouldn't hurt her, she walks over into the kitchen. Hesitantly she picked up the gun and examined the shinny exterior, "Even if you did have a gun just for protection, you wouldn't me packing a gun this size."

Walking back over to him she shoved the gun into his chest, "Stop it! If you want to keep doing this then fine, but I'm not going to be around it." referring to the parties, guns, fights. Even though she was scared and angry at him, her love for him was still there. "When you want to start telling me the truth you can call me. I better not see his body wash up somewhere." pointing to the man laid out on the couch. Shaking her head she stormed up the stairs to gather her things, piling her clothes and any other belonging she brought along into her suitcase.

An investigator? Oh no. No, no, no. This is not happening right now. It's all a dream. Wake up Brendan, wake up! I have to fix this. Mend it. Bind it with forgiveness. I'm losing her... shit, shit, shit. Swallowing hard, he tries to keep his voice as reasonable as possible but it's hard when so much is fluttering through his mind. An investigator came around -his- house and spoke with her. Now she is digging in places he doesn't want her to be around. She'll find out about his harsher side, the killer inside us all. He has tapped into it when most men freeze up and shake with their finger on the trigger.

"You're right, you have every single reason to ask about my job but I'm not lying to you, Nancy! Come back here," he doesn't stammer once, combing his hand through his hair again, thinking on his feet very quickly. It's not every day that he has to make such split second decisions but tonight seems chock full of them. Losing Nancy would mean breaking his heart all over again. But at the same time, if she is digging this deep, she ought to distance herself from him. They'll find her. They'll use her against him. The cold steel of his gun presses up against his chest and he holds it there for a long time. His eyes move back and forth from the body when she points to it and accuses him of being a killer. "Nancy?" Is all he can say but she has already slammed the door behind her to his room. Shutting his eyes, he can't believe this is happening.

Feeling as though he is carrying the weight of the world inside his chest, Brendan sits down next to the man passed out on his couch. Unloading the gun with ease, he throws it on the glass table, watching as it bounces and glimmers in the light. Looking back to his knuckles, they're hardly damaged, just a little pink. A knock, three precise ones, come to his door. In a huff he opens it but finds Eddie standing there. "Greetings, pal." squishing his way past Brendan into his house, the corpulent man waddles right up to the body. "Just a good ol' fist to the face, spot on Brendan." While Eddie talks, Brendan makes an X with his arms, signaling him to silently stop speaking right now. Raising a brow, Eddie hears Brendan whisper.

"There is a girl in shock upstairs. Get him... taken care of and get out. Thanks Eddie, I owe you one."

Changing his tune, the stumpy man pulls at his jacket before snapping his fingers. Two largely sized men clamper into the house and pick up the man in the white suit, blood dribbling down his face from his nose. Supporting him on their shoulders, Eddie walks Brendan to the door. "We still on for lunch?" grinning, he hands Brendan a small fist sized package and Brendan nods.

"As always, friend, as always." Shutting the door, he leans his head against it, just wanting this night to be over.

Grabbing a pair of jeans and her jacket to change, scrambling to get her clothes on she just wanted to get away for the time being. She needed to think things threw, how to handle it. Brendan was still her everything but she never saw this side of him, this secret. There was no doubt that, for some reason even after everything happened, she still wants to be his. But not for tonight. Shoving her pajama pants into her suitcase she almost forgot her phone was in the pocket, flipping it open she saw the time.

She realized how late it was, and that it would take her almost until morning to get home. "Crap!" Nibbling on her lip she thought it would be rude to call Jay and ask to stay there, but she had nowhere else to go. "It would just be until morning..." grabbing his card she punched the numbers in and pressed call. Holding the phone to her ear she took a deep breath, eyes squeezing shut and her heart pounding, and hoped he would be understand. At least let her sit on the couch, there was no way she would be sleeping tonight.

Slow mechanical rings sound in her ear. While she waits, Brendan nearly works himself into a daze, thinking of what he will say to her. Lying would be horrible, yes, but it would save her the hurt of knowing his surreptitious nature. It would protect her. All he wants to do is shield the truth from her now that they have come so far in their relationship. He is a mighty lion and she is his lioness. No matter how strong he may be, Brendan knows that he needs her at his side. Forever. Always. But now in his eyes, he feels she is slipping from his fingers.

Jay, sleeping soundlessly, awakens with fright, his heart jumpstarting at the sound of the ringing. Gripping his gun underneath the pillow, he reminds himself that it's only the phone. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, his hand searches the bed stand and finally feels the smooth plastic on his fingertips. His apartment isn't glorious but he likes what he has to work with. By far is favorite space is his workroom which adjoins with his bedroom. On the walls there are maps, photographs and a multitude of different colored strings mapping out his mind. Catching criminals is a tough business but Jay enjoys the thrill of knowing their next move even before they do. Winning awards humbly, Jay has a mantle over the small fireplace where his story is kept.

"Hello?" He asks wearily, not even bothering to check the caller id for he wouldn't recognize the number anyway when half asleep. Waiting patiently for Nancy to divulge the events of the night, he soon springs up from the bed and stumbles around his dark room. "Nancy, just don't work yourself up. I'm sure he will have an explanation," pausing, he adds with caution, "Are you sure you saw it right?" Jay finally slips jeans and a tee on. Grabbing his coat and badge, he knows he will need it in order to take Nancy away from Brendan. Having his doubts about Brendan's validity, Jay knows that a sane man will abide to the law. At least, Jay hopes he will.

"Nancy?" Brendan calls from downstairs, hearing the shuffling of nervous feet in his own bedroom. Standing by the landing, he hears her muffled voice talking to someone. A phone call perhaps? Was it her grandmother? Was it that inspector she spoke of just a moment ago? It better not be the inspector. That'll just anger him. Brendan breathes deeply as he makes his way up the steps. "Nancy?" He asks again, trying to not sound as concerned as he is. If she is speaking to a cop, it could be the end of him. There will be investigations and the truth will come out sooner or later.

Once Jay answered she felt a weight lifted off her shoulders, "Hey, Jay... I need your help..." after a moment, debating about what could happen if she told him the truth. Brendan, the party, the gun. Soon it just came out of her mouth like word vomit, everything was so overwhelming, she just had to get it off of her chest. But, once she heard the urgency in Jay's voice she realized what she did. "Please don't arrest him! I-I know this sounds stupid but he didn't do anything wrong... That I know of..."

Her mind was jumbled, taking another deep breath, she calms herself back down, "I just can't stay here tonight, you're the only one I know in the area. Please don't get mad at him, please..?" She must have sounded crazy to him, considering everything that had just happened, "I just really need a friend right now..." mumbling on the edge of tears, "I can meet you somewhere or get a cab to your-" before she could continue Brendan's voice came to her ear, he was calling her name.

"Just one second!" she called back to Brendan before turning her attention back to the phone call, "Jay, I have to get off the phone. I'll meet you down the road from the house. Thank you, and sorry I woke you." With that she hung up, quickly pocketing her phone. Shoving the last few of her things, a hair brush, sketch pad, and so on, she zipped up her suit case and opened the door. As her eyes fell back on Brendan, her lip quivered, he seemed so different to her now. He was still hers and there is no doubt that she still loves him, but this was too much for her right now.

"I uh.. I'm staying at the friends for the night." managing out the sentence as a hand rubbed over her face to suppress the emotions. Slowly walking down the stairs, every step seeming heavier and harder to take as she walked away from him. "I don't want an explanation right now.. I just need a night away."

Brendan tries to explain to her but the most he gets out is chopped pieces of words. He can tell that she doesn't want him speaking so he abides by it. She moves past him and he tries to grab her arm lightly, wanting to kiss her and make this dream end. The poor man seems desperate not to lose her. "Nancy... Nancy please..." is all he can utter once she closes the door behind her. Giving her a moment to get a head start, he glares at the kitchen, at that spot that caused all this trouble. "Nancy!" Swinging open the door, she is already down the drive.

Jay, turning on his emergency lights, barrels down the road as fast as he can. Luckily for him, it's late at night and there is no one on the roads. The siren buzzes loudly through the countryside as he carves his way from the traffic lights of the city to the open road. The red and blue flashes past other cars, causing them to pull over into the shoulder. The old police car still has plenty of horsepower to have him arrive safely at the bottom of the road where Nancy instructed him to be. Seeing her standing there with her arms across her chest makes his heart sink. Did she tell me everything that happened? He questions silently, getting out of the car and running to where she is. Leading her around to the passenger door, he looks past the trees and down the drive to see an open door, Brendan still calling her name.

"Just get in, don't look back." taking her case for her, he throws it into the backseat and pulls away from his drive and down the forest path. The last thing he sees in the rear view mirror is Brendan running down his driveway, Luna bounding after him. Soon, they have gained enough ground away from him and he knows his battle is lost. His shoulder sulk as he fades away into the darkness. Immediately pulling out his phone, Brendan calls Eddie.

"Yeah, Ed. I hope you didn't take care of Mr. Stephens. He has made shit personal and has driven Nancy away from me. Yeah, she saw me pull out my gun. Fuck! I know, I know! Let's just say, I want to take care of him personally. Bring him to the shipyard and I'll be sure to clean up. No evidence this time. We don't want another Telliar on our hands, now do we?" Smiling darkly, he calls Luna back into the house and waits, making sure they're long gone before departing.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Jay asks calmly, taking his hand off the wheel to gently place on hers. Not wishing to be too forward, he just cares about her safety. "You're as pale as a sheet of paper. I'll make you a drink when we get back. That'll calm your nerves. How about a cup of tea?"

Ignoring what Jay instructed her to do, she looked back, seeing him in the doorway and then start for the road. Frowning she slouched into the passenger seat. After fastening her seat, head reading into the door's frame, quietly watching the scenery pass by and change as Jay drove. A hand swiped at her cheek as a tear began to form, getting rid of the droplet before he could see it, as her hand dropped by down she felt his hand on hers. "Yes, I'm fine." the tone of her voice was flat, almost emotionless, but the sadness and shock could still be heard.

After a moment of silence she finally response to his question, "I'll need something strong, if you have anything strong that would be great." Swallowing down any last emotions of confusion or hurt she finally gets to thanking him, "Thank you for this, Jay.. It means a lot considering we just re-met a couple hours ago. I owe you." Her hand turned up to squeeze at his hand gently, "You're not going to hurt him or call anyone are you?"

Jay frowns, knowing Nancy must be really shaken up by this whole ordeal. The way her eyes, her whole face rather, just sort of drags onwards through the night with no other emotions. Just like a frightened pup, he is sure that her legs would shake if she tries to stand up. Slowing down, he pulls into his apartment garage twenty minutes later. Turning off the car, Jay just sits in the drivers seat, his hand still reassuring her that she is safe. If she can see well in the yellow lighting of the car, his hand would be well callused from writing constantly, holding his gun, as well as handling crates full of papers.

"I'm just glad I gave you my card, Nancy. If I didn't, who knows what state you might be in. Just, don't worry about it. You don't owe me anything." squeezing her trembling hand one last time, Jay unbuckles himself from the seat and rounds the black car to open Nancy's door for her. Once she gets out, he brings her to his apartment. Still, he doesn't answer her question about Brendan until they're safe inside his cozy apartment. The brick wall is littered with paintings of distant places like Spain or Portugal, Italy and Switzerland.

"About Brendan..." Jay finally adds, offering for her to sit on the old leather couch. The fading hide is now permanently lumpy and by far wont be the best place to sleep. Indents of where people have sat have stayed along with coffee stains on the armrests. Jay does clean on a regular basis so the apartment isn't dirty but not as spotless as Brendan's flat."You are worried that I would hurt him?" chuckling, Jay moves over to the liquor cabinet below the bookshelf.

"Nancy, we don't crack fingers like we used to." he assures her, clinking around the cabinet. "Plus, let's say that he -is- working for these gangsters, we, the police, have no solid proof yet. I can't just clamp down handcuffs on him and expect the justice system to look the other way." Looking back up to her, he smiles calmly, his voice very soft, "What you saw, Nancy, might have just been amplified by fear. You said there was a gunshot? That could be enough to shake up your entire system, making you come to outlandish conclusions. I'm not doubting what you saw but perhaps Brendan's arms were shaking as you were in the car but because of your distance, he seemed to be steady. Until you have solid proof to give to me, I can't -do- anything. Other than ask questions and investigate. I'm not a crooked cop. My gun is a last resort. A safety after all else has failed."

Looking to their choices, Jay claps his hands and asks, "What did you want? I have some rum, um a lot of it, some German whiskey, gin, grape brandy, vodka, and beers in the fridge."

Slowly she rested into the leather couch, slouching into the back cushions, "You're probably right... I was just in shock. It was just adrenaline and he was defending himself..." shaking her head slowly, her thoughts flashing back to what happened at Brendan's. The gun, the look in his eyes, the man unconscious on the couch. He was a very kind hearted man, never had she seen him so angry. "Maybe it was my fear of seeing him angry that just made my mind snap to conclusions."

With a heavy sigh she leaned forward, elbows pressing into her knees, "Just something strong. Vodka is probably best. Thank you." Nibbling on her bottom lip once the mention of investigation was brought up she gave another shake of her head, "Please don't... Investigate that is.. I-I just want to forget about all of this. Maybe I'm just going crazy." Even considering the thought her forehead clapped into her hands, rubbing at her temples slowly.

"I can assure you that you're not going crazy. This is the first time you've had such a shock like this. Don't think like that, Nancy." Clinking around the cabinets, he finds a few bottles and sets them before the glass. Winging it completely, he takes a few splashes of each liquid and stirs. Turning around to look at her, he tries for his reassuring smile. "I hope you like raspberries." He chimes in, holding up the last bottle of black raspberry liquor before adding it or denying it to the mix.

Handing her the glass, he too sits down. Placing his badge on the broken legged table, he takes off his jacket and the gun that is strapped to his side. "I'll put it away if you don't feel comfortable." Jay carefully tells her, immediately putting his arm around her when he suspects she might start shaking again. His ringless fingers rub her back, trying to offer as much comfort as he can. "I cannot say that I won't investigate. This business with Mr. Telliar and your boyfriend being as close as they were requires me to dig deeper." Knowing that's not what she would want to hear, he unhooks his arm from her shoulders and moves to his bedroom.

Turning around at the threshold, Jay looks at her with calm hues. "You may take my bedroom," lifting up a finger, he wiggles it at her, "No, no, don't think about arguing. You're not sleeping on that couch. What you need is a good nights sleep. Hell, you can even join me at the office tomorrow if you desire. If not, I can drive you wherever you wish to go. I would, however," he plays with the hem of his shirt, "Recommend that you stay away from Brendan for a week or two. Enough time for you to not shake when you hear his name." Disappearing into the room for a few moments, he comes out with a stack of towels and washcloths. "You also, may take a shower if you wish." The white fluffs come down in a thump on the edge of the table, Jay speaking over them. "Is there anything else I can get you, Nancy?"

Giving a slight nod to the offer of raspberry liquor, fingers curling tightly around the cool glass, "Thank you." mumbling softly as she took a large sip. As his arm wrapped around her a form of comfort fell over her, usually she would shrug away his arm because it was another man touching her, but his touch brought her a bit of peace for the time being. At the mention of his gun, her eyes flickered to the piece, trembling for a moment before finally pulling her eyes away. "Please do.."

Pressing the glass to her lips she shot back the rest of the strong liquid, "Mmm.." Heaving out a deep sigh, he was right having to still investigate, she knew it was the right thing to do but she didn't want to loose the love of her life, "I understand, Jay. It-Its just hard..." Places the empty glass aside she watched him get up and say something about his bed, but before she could protest he told me not to. Shaking her head slowly as he came back into the room she gave him a smile, "Thank you, I know I keep saying that, but I mean it. I can't take your bed. I'm not even sure if I'll get any sleep tonight."

"I would be offended if you didn't say thank you as much as you are," Jay adds, trying to make her laugh. He, at least, thought it was a sweet joke to place into the mix. What she needs is a good giggle so Jay holds his breath until she either rolls her eyes or lets out a sweet flutter of laughter. "You know, Nancy, I may look soft and squishy on the outside but my blood is no line to be crossing. My family is a stubborn one and I fear that if you try and combat my offer of my bed..." he starts to grin -and- perhaps flush around his hallow cheeks, "I may have to pick you up and transport you." winking, he adds, "I can always handcuff you to the bed to make sure you don't sneak away onto this lump of a couch."

Nancy being as attractive as she is for Jay, his mind immediately slips into the gutter right after he hears his own words. The grin only sprouts on his lips and he quickly itches his head, uttering a nervous little laugh. "heh, um..." looking around, he moves back to the bar, "Would you like another round, Nancy? The alcohol will put you to sleep like a baby I am sure. Or perhaps you'll like to take a shower first? The hot water might calm you down and it'll give me time to change the sheets on my bed. I don't want to have you sleeping on those used ones."

Sooner or later, she complies, thinking that she indeed does need a nice shower just to collect herself. As he assured her, Jay quickly jumps into action and wistfully changes the sheets and pillow cases before picking up his room just a little bit. When she comes out, he will be laying on the couch reading through his notes taken from the day in that little black book. His bare foot bobs off the edge of the cushion to some imaginary beat as he hums lightly to himself. Next to him is a half filled glass of whisky for himself. Since she got him up, he knows he will have to be put to sleep quickly in order to be ready for work in the morning. Drinking always makes him tired.

Shaking her head at the offer of another drink she stood up, "No, thank you. I'll just wash up and then go to bed." walking by him a hand pants his shoulder, lingering for a moment, "You're amazing, Jay. I owe you one." It didn't take long for her to jump into the shower, she didn't think to close the bedroom door because she knew he was a gentleman. The hot water helped calm her nerves and ease her tense muscles.

Stepping out of the shower, wrapping a towel tightly around her form, she stepped into the doorway, "H-Hey, Jay? I normally wouldn't ask but I didn't bring pajamas... Can I borrow a shirt or something?" Her voice squeaked in embarrassment and her cheeked turned to roses, she wasn't going to just go through his drawers and take clothes without asking. "I'm sorry... I just figured I should probably wear something so that in the morning... Well ya know.."

"Well, now that you have my phone number," Jay calls from the other room while Nancy starts the shower, "by all means... bother me whenever you desire." shutting his eyes, Jay feels many urges, especially ones below his stomach, to sneak a peak. Just one small look but he knows how wrong that would be. Being a cop, well an inspector now, he knows how perverted that would seem to Nancy and he doesn't wish to discomfort her. She will be, after all, spending the night and he won't allow her to sleep in a hotel. Reading the paper, Jay tries to keep his mind off of what he might be able to see through the opaque glass of his tall shower.

Her voice rings in his ears and Jay nearly jumps at the sound of it. "Just a shirt?" He asks quite saucily, throwing the paper down and moving to go through his own clothes. "I would imagine you would want pants too?" Giving her both an old shirt of his from college, the University name printed proudly across the chest, and both long and short sweats for her to decide what she wishes. Placing them on the bed, he finally glances to her, stunned by what he sees. Not in a bad way, his mouth opens and he has trouble moving his feet. Yes, she has a towel on, but still... his mind starts to imagine. Blinking, he points to the pile of clothes.

"Uh, here, you can... yeah. I guess this is goodnight. Yes, good night Nancy and I hope you like raisin bran... it's all I have for breakfast." itching his head, he chuckles nervously, "Meant to go shopping but never actually made it to the store today. Anyway, night and really, don't worry about it. I'm happy to have you here. You can stay for as long as you feel comfortable." before closing the door, he adds, "And I hope we can, you know, see one another more often if you're going to be in the city." Smiling one last smile, he goes to curl up on the couch and fall asleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.