Love Found

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking his hand she followed him into the living room, sitting down and tucking her feet under her she leans back into the couch with a soft sigh. "I do care about her, I love her. She's my Anma, but she doesn't need me. I..." pausing she took a deep breath trying to get herself to admit the truth but the words just caught in her throat. "I need her. She has a roof over my head and food on the table." it was all she could manage out for the moment. She kept her hand in his, fingers playing with his in thought, her eyes glued to the carpet as he spoke.

"I would deal with the stress and annoyances to be with you. If I sneeze and they say I have swine flu then lets hope its contagious and they get it from me." she states looking back up at him with a stern nod. "I'd do anything to be with you. Even if that means dealing with cameras in my face. I'll wear a scarf or something!"

"I understand and value your commitment to your Anma. To be honest, I wish I had that connection with my family but, as you are well aware, I left them to go to college and rarely call or visit. They're never around and spread out all across the globe. I'm happy they're happy but I do wish I could see more of them. Family and love is very important." He too keeps his hand clasped in hers, feeling her soft palm and curious pads run over his boney hand. "Well, I'm not angry or anything - far from it really. I understand where you're coming from and I can safely say that the decision is up to you. You want to stay here with your Grandmother, I won't stop you. Perhaps we can take things slow at first, meeting every weekend somewhere?" Shrugging, Brendan throws out the idea.

"Mind you that it'll be utter torture to be apart but we have Skype and phone numbers." Beaming, Brendan looks hopeful for this to work, bright sunny skies ahead of them. "I can teach you all that I know on how to get the press away from you. It's really easy... you just -ignore- them and they'll lose interest. I, on the other hand, like to entertain them with stupid little stunts." Chuckling at a memory, he describes this one party he went to where he and his friend got up on the tables and started to dance together. They had been really drunk. Brendan didn't hear the end of it for half a year but he didn't regret it. Part of his day is actually looking forward to what lies the papers have to say about him for he knows who he is - no one else does. Leaning over, he kisses her cheek before sitting back and crossing his legs over one another, placing his free hand on his ankle resting on his knee. "I'll do anything to have you stay with me for it's been too long."

With a shake of her head she gave a sigh, "No you don't understand. I have no job, I don't want to put that on you. I love my Anma but I don't want to burden her either with taking care of me again. I'm an adult, I take care of myself, no one else should take care of me." she stated simply though her tone showed a bit of hurt in her words, she didn't like having people take care of her or support her when she could herself. Looking up at him she smiles at his offer to use skype and the phone, "That would make things easier."

Smiling she pulls his arm over her shoulder and scoots closer to rest her head onto his shoulder as she listens to him tell the story, "You got drunk? I've never seen you drunk." peeking up at him with an arched 'brow she asked, "How much did you drink?" her fingers continued to play along with his as it hung from her shoulder. "Do you like the parties and what not? All of the people?"

Becoming confused, Brendan loosens his hand on her grasp as he blinks and looks to the corner of the coffee table. "So you don't want to live with me or your grandmother?" The hand immediately grips back down on hers, "I am sure I can find something for you. The great part about being famous is that you have a lot of connections. Connections are what give people jobs sometimes, not just newspapers and whatnot. I am sure you'll be able to find something in the city if you wish to stay with me or even here if you wish to spend the time you have with your grandmother." His free hand comes up to run his knuckles against her cheek, "I won't be offended if you pick your grandmother. I promise you I won't."

Allowing her room, he lays his hand down on her shoulders, letting his fingers dangle over her bicep. Starting to yap about the time he and his friend drank, he can't help but redden a bit to embarrassment. The whole campus knew that he loved to smoke but drinking, he never let himself get too drunk for he feared the loss of control that occurs. "I did get drunk." He clarifies with a wink of his eye. "I couldn't tell you what I drank but I know I started out with a glass of champagne so after that it must have been a whole assortment." Fighting back to her playing with his fingers, he circles hers and quickly flinches out of the way sometimes, making it a challenge.

"I like parties but it really depends who is there. The people and crowed is something I had to get used to but just like socializing... it takes some time and practice to get used to. The first few times I would be seen in a corner just talking to those who I knew but as time went on, I learned how to converse with anyone. Now, it seems, I jump around from group to group just talking and having fun."

She gave a quick shake of her head, "No! I do, I just... No one could have to take care of me in that way. If you get me a job then I didn't get it myself. It wouldn't be fair to those more suited for it." she explain gently pressing her cheek into his knuckles, loving it when he did that. As his hand moved away her eyes feel upon her hands, giggling as her fingers tried to catch his. A smile pulling at her lips as she finally caught one only to have it slip from her fingers. "Hey!"

Looking back up at him as he talked she gave a nod. She was never one for parties, though she thought of herself as a social butterfly the thought of drunk people at the party wasn't a pleasant thought. But if that was his life she would adapt and keep the thoughts to herself. "Sounds fun." she stated resting her head back onto his shoulder. "What if you stayed here? We could get our old place back or a new one..."

As soon as she giggles, "Hey!" Brendan cannot help but start to chuckle, his whole chest moving with an honest gusto. Her unique trill of laughter always made his day for he knew that it was her real laugh and she is actually enjoying herself. His hand comes up and taps the tip of his finger to her nose, uttering a little, "boop" as he does so. "Hey what?" He innocently asks, effectively attempting to bat his eyelashes as fast as he can. "I swear I'm just an innocent man." He breaks out into laughter again before thinking on her words about a job. "You don't need to if you really want to. It's just a suggestion. Take a few months and see where it will take you with your job search. If all else fails you can come to me and I'll get you set up with something." An understanding nod follows his words, not wanting to just place her in some job as well now that he thinks about it.

His hair still looks as though her hands have been through it over and over again, clumps of hair going this way and that. "W-wha? Um... if I stayed here?" Brendan forces a grin to his face, blinking a few times before yet again itching his face. "I dunno Nancy. I would love that more than anything in the world and trust me when I say this." Leaning over, he gives her a reassuring kiss on the cheek, "But I don't know if my job will allow me to leave the city for... I'm practically a key member and they're already pissed at me for coming out here this weekend." Chuckling, he shakes his head, "I can see what I can do but honestly I think the commute to and from the city would be less of a friend." Thinking back to his job he gives her a solid nod, knowing he has to stay in the city. "I can try to!" He tries to assure her, knowing that trying never hurt anyone.

Going cross eyed for a moment when his finger poked the tip of her nose, blinking a few times she laughs. "I like that idea better." leaning up she pressed a soft kiss to the corner of his lips in return to the one he placed on her cheek. A small frown found its way onto her lip at his reaction to her question of him staying, but quickly looked back down and forced a smile. "I understand. I don't want to put you under stress from work if you did stay here. Just stay in the city."

Placing a soft pat onto his leg before she crawled into his lap, always loving when he would let her sit there, curled up in his arms. "The city isn't that far away, I'm sure it will be easy to visit Anma." she looked up at him wanting a bit of reassurance on his part. Her head moving to rest onto his chest, listening to his heart beat. "I love that sound." she murmurs as her eyes shuts, the smiling forming back onto her lips.

"Believe me that I want to stay here with you forever. Forever and ever but it's just..." His head starts to spin with all the things he could say and all those things he is obligated to say to her. There are some things about him she is better off not knowing. Closing his eyes for a moment, he exhales slowly, feeling the wetness of her soft lips still sticking to the side of his lips. "It won't just be work, Nancy. I'll have to go to symposiums, events, galleries. Sometimes my work makes me stay in the city for days to work with my clients in a more personal level. I feel it's important not to just say here is a project but to get to know your client before you take them on. They stay at my house and we get to know one another for a weekend, just purely taking and brainstorming ideas. I wouldn't do that to you or your grandmother. Perhaps a change in my line of work is in order. Maybe my clients can meet with me in other ways."

Letting out another breath, he welcome her into his arms, his hand immediately moving to help her. "The city isn't that far away, yes, but I'll be going back and forth so much that it's practically not worth it. I want to be with you Nancy and I want it just to be us." Wrapping his arm around her waist and the other one across her back, he revels in the feeling of finally being able to hold her tightly against him. Last night when they slept together, he finally knew what it is like to love again for no one makes his heart rattle in its cage like Nancy. "It's beating just for you." He tells her cheezily. Feeling the weight of her head come down on his chest, he tightens his arms around her, rubbing her back slowly, the smooth cloth getting caught between his fingers.

Smiling at his comment she curled her fingers into the fabric of his shirt, "Good." she mumbles against his chest. "Brendan, you don't have to come back and go. it would be too much for you and I don't want to stress you out. Work is important, and it makes you happy so don't think you have to change it." Tiling her head back to look up at him she gave him a reassuring smile, "Everything will be okay. We'll make it work. I'll call you when you're free." Hearing those words come out of her mouth made her heart sank. Free? With how things sound he probably wouldn't be free, but she meant what she said, she would deal with it for him and only him.

Closing her eyes once more, her head moving back to the where she could hear the thumping of his heart. Her fingers let go of his shirt to gently tap into his chest to the beat of his heart. After a moment of bliss she took one of his hands, placing it over her heart she smiles. "Only for you. It never beats that hard."

Brendan only makes a small groan of agreement once she tells him that she will call him when he is free. Closing his own eyes, he feels her curves through the fabric of her shirt, wanting more than anything just to take back what he previously said. He knew he hurt her when he declined her offer of staying here with her and her grandmother but Brendan fears he will get behind in his work. Blinking his eyes open, he knows he shouldn't be thinking solely about work. This is Nancy they're talking about - he might as well quit his job and run away with her. Resting his cheek on her soft hair, he can't help but let out another throaty groan, telling her all she needs to know without slashing the stillness of the wordless air.

His fingers become weightless as she curls her own around his and lifts them up to her chest. Through the pads of his fingers and his palm, he feels the strong heartbeat. With each thump, he smiles wider, knowing his heart is happily dancing right next to her ear. The warmth of her chest draws him in, keeping his hand over her heart, the warmth comforting him. "I don't want you to have to wait for me. I want to come home every single night and have you waiting for me. We can fall asleep on the couch, floor, bed, balcony... wherever you want. Perhaps every weekend you can come to the city? I'll have as much time as needed to spend with you and when you're bored." He chuckles, "You can flee to the hills. Get out before you're trapped." The strands of her hair tickle his face, those lips finding the top of her head and giving it a slow kiss.

Smiling at his words she couldn't help but feel like it was all a perfect dream. "I could never get bored around you. I could cook for you again, just like I used to." Letting out a soft, happy sigh from his kiss her fingers laced with his over her heart. "I'll make you tea and cake. I'll make you out of shape again." she giggles softly, knowing it was never really out of shape, but he might as well have been with all of the cakes and sweets she would make him. "If you have parties I'll cook for that too."

Peeking her eyes back open, her head tilts back to press a soft kiss to his lips. "The thought of welcoming you home everyday is amazing. I keep expecting to wake up from a dream. This is all just too perfect." she mumbled as her lips brush up into his with another kiss, her lips lingering for a moment. A hand moves up to cup his cheek gently as their lips part.

"Oh wow, you cooking for me again!" He happily chirps, embracing her tightly before letting his hold slip just a little so he isn't suffocating her with his one free arm. "You never got me out of shape because I was never -in- shape in the first place! I was as skinny as a twig and I remember you always feeling awkward at first by sitting on my lap, thinking you would break me." Letting out a slow sigh, he remembers having to assure her over and over again that she is not heavy at all and won't hurt him. He has had massive labrador retrievers lie completely on him and he turned out just fine. "Tea, cakes, food... Nancy I think I'm in love!" Burying his face into the top of her hair, she can feel him chuckle, his whole body shaking. "I love you for who you are but it's an awesome bonus that you so willingly make me treats all the time. I'll have to repay you somehow, perhaps with kisses?"

His saucy brow rises, the grin widening, showing his white teeth to the world. When she comes at him, settling a kiss to his lips, he kisses her right back. "Nancy, wake up.... Nancy? Wake up!" He jokingly mutters, shaking her a bit with his arm before her lips brush against his, setting him completely off. Warm breath spills over her face as he smiles once more, feeling the tingling of her hand against his face. "Would that work with you? The weekends coming to stay with me? Even during the week if you want to - just give me notice so I can kick the whores out." He winks, completely joking. Taking his hand off of her heart, he awkwardly shifts his upper body so his legs are off of the couch but he is lying down. Bringing his arms up, he wishes for her to lie with him. "I think your grandmother will be very pleased to hear that we're giving this another chance. It... I just don't want to make the same mistakes. Not paying attention to you because of work."

Giving a soft whine as he shook her and told her to wake up, "No!" she pouts with a huff. Her pouting expression turned into a glare at his comment about the whores, "I'll kick them out if you don't." she states laying down on top of him, her chin resting on his chest. "They don't stand chance against me. I know what you like." winking with a soft giggle as her fingers walk up his bicep, "And how you like it." teasing as she flashes him an innocent smile. "I love you."

Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she shifts to sit up, straddling his middle and placing her hands on the arm of the couch she smiles down at him. Lowering down, hair falling to the side of her face, like a curtain for them to kiss behind. Dipping her head down she places another kiss to his soft lips, "Mm.. I can't wait. What if I want to stay for just a minute? Or a month?" Soon a frown found her lips when he mentioned what he did in the past, she couldn't push the thought of it happening again, "I hope so too."

"You're fully awake already and I have just proved it to you, my dear. No one has been as fine as your love." His beatific expression lights up his face, feeling her weight slide on top of him. Not being able to help it, he feels the tingles travel up his arms as her fingers make their way up his bicep. "Oh, yes, right. I forget that you know my mortal weakness!" He pretends to cry, "Why! Why!? I was indestructible until you came around." But as soon as he hears her sweet voice tell him that she loves him, he cannot help but feel the moisture build up in his eyes. "I love you too, Nancy." They're truthful words coming from his throat as well as shining in his eyes for he really will throw himself in front of a truck to save her life.

Brendan menuvers his body underneath hers so that she can easily straddle his stomach. His guiding hands come down on her thighs, giving them a sober rub before traveling up to her hips, enjoying the change in fabric, knowing that her form is the best he has ever seen or felt for that matter. The other girls may be portrayed as beautiful and sexy but Brendan feels they are fake like barbie dolls. That is not beauty in his books for he is staring just that in the eyes right now. Nancy is gorgeous even though the world may not see it through the same scope as Brendan does. "I would hope you don't want to just stay for a minute, I would be -most- disappointed if that's the case. I would love for you to stay with me until the end of time, Nancy-bear." Kissing her fully back, he lets his lips mold to hers, even trying to kiss her as she pulls away. "I won't let it happen. I know what it's like to lose you and I won't let it happen again. You have every right to smack me on the head if I start ignoring you."

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Laughing at his reaction, her nose scrunching up as she smiles down at him, "You're so ridiculous!" Soon a dark blush spread across her face as he called her 'Nancy-bear', no one has ever called her that except for him. "Y-You called me Nancy-bear..." she murmurs happily as a wide, toothy smile spread over her face. Reaching a hand up to flick at his nose, "I'm sure you won't ignore me, but I promise I will if you do." pecking a kiss to where she flicked him on the nose before sitting up on his waist. "Anma will be ecstatic and won't shut up about how she was right and blah, blah, blah." Looking down at him she couldn't believe how lucky she was, how handsome he is. The other men she had attempted to date didn't catch her eye like Brendan always has. The way he smiled, the sound of his voice, everything about him made her happy and in love.

Leaning up, Brendan flinches at her flicking his nose and he immediately wraps his arms around her waist. Twisting her ever so slightly, he brushes her hair out of the way with his face, littering her neck with smooth kisses. Looking up at her, he blushes when she kisses his nose. "So how about you and me have a nice relaxing weekend, hm? Then I'll go to the city and you can visit me whenever your heart desires. Perhaps I'll make a habit of taking my weekends off to come back down here." Kissing her again and again, Brendan actually starts to tear up, denying the fact that he is so emotional to have her back. Blinking rapidly, he can't help but wipe the back of his hands against his eyes to collect the salty water. "I love you, Nancy, you and your cute bear-ness. Yeah, yeah, grandma won't shut up but hey, she is right. Right one-hundred and a gubuzillion percent." The rest of their weekend together had relatively few bumps, once the barrier between them was broken, it's hardly likely to tare them off of one another.

A solid month passes and winter is well on its way. The crunch of a new blanket of white snow covers the city. Brendan sits at his desk, tapping a pencil away at the memo pad, thinking of ideas and such to quickly jot down. Expecting a phone call from someone, his left hand steadies itself against the phone in the black cradle. One by one his fingers tap away, glancing to the time on his computer screen. His office is big enough to have a couch, table and his desk, not to mention the cabinets lining the wall behind him. To his left is a glass window, a beautiful view of the river twisting its way through the concrete world. "What a shame..." Brendan breathes, hearing the rap of solid fists against the door. His hair is combed back today, sunglasses neatly folded by his phone. In a blue suit and a purple tie against a striped shirt, Brendan certainly looks as sharp as always. Speaking with Nancy last night, he is expecting her to come to his office today before he finishes up work and takes her home.

His gray eyes move to his secretary, a jolt of joy running through him when she says he has a visitor. "Send her in." He calmly adds, grinning wide. The excitement soon fades when he hears Molly's voice.

"It's not a -she-, sir. Captain Harkol is here for you. Remember your 4 o' clock?" She offers him a sweet smile, never seeing him this jittery in a long while. Putting his pencil back down on the table, Brendan signals her to let Captain Harkol in.

"Ah, yes, of course, Molly. How foolish of me to forget. Send him right in." As soon as the secretary turns, her black two inch heels tapping against the glass floor as her red dressed body leaves the door open behind her. Letting out an exhausted sigh, Brendan can't wait for it -all- to be over. All he can think about is Nancy and the two weekends ago he made a trip back out to see her again, spending most of their time inside her grandmother's house on account for the chilly winter snow. But as always, they took a walk all bundled up in their hats and scarves and enjoyed as many romantic moments as they could. Brendan even got hit in the face with a baseball! The swelling has gone down and the bruise for the most part has settled. Most of his co-workers though some guy finally clocked him one.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Nancy made her way into the office building, looking in awe at anything she pasted by. Though she had been in the city a few times now it was her first time going to his office. She was bundled up in her red knit cap, something her grandmother knitted her before moving out, and her favorite purple scarf. Hesitantly she pushed the elevator button, once the doors opened she took a breath and steeped inside. With another click of a button she watched the floor numbers rise. "Oh god..." she mumbled under herself from a mix of nervousness, happiness, and anxiety. The elevator stopped with a clunk, stepping out she smiles at the secretary, "H-Hey there." she chimed.

A secretary? This is more than I thought. She pondered looking around the room for a moment, "Hmm..." the noise was one of interest as she stepped closer to the woman's desk, "I'm here to see Brendan... Or Mr... I'm Nancy." tripping over her words she pulled off her scarf, fiddling with the fabric as she attempts to organize her thoughts. "He told me to stop by his office today. I'm not sure if I'm early, but I can wait." giving a smile as she tucks her hands, along with her scarf deep into her pockets to keep them from fidgeting much longer.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

Brendan's office is newly built, all the windows neatly placed and the sleek gray new age architecture bringing a completely different feel. Molly's desk sits in the middle of a large room with a row of offices going parallel down the long wing. In the middle there are cubicles turned this way and that but one thing is for certain. The cubicles seem to be filled with busily working employees. Molly's desk is to the right of Brendan's door, a large glass panel on the other side, letting everyone see into his office. Molly smiles up at Nancy, seemingly genuine. "Welcome, Nancy." She offers her hand for a sturdy shake, her nails well manicured in a rosy red that matches her dress. "This is your first time to the office? I'm sorry but Mr. Conrad is in a meeting right now. Would you mind waiting?" Her arm outstretches, directing Nancy to the waiting area. There is a couch up against the far wall and a glass table. Already there is a dark Persian looking gentleman reading the Times.

Glancing over his paper, he eyes nancy with chocolate eyes before flashing her a quick smile. "Exciting being here, yes?" He asks, not removing the paper from his face but it noticeably lowers so that she can at least see his face cast downwards as he finishes up an article. Brendan on the other hand has moved to the other side if his desk, leaning on the frame with his arms crossed as he talks with the Captain, suited up in his AirForce attire, sitting on the neat cushions. The two of them seem to be talking civilly, Brendan every so often pointing or making one of his usual gestures. The meeting seems to have been going on for a while, the two of them knowing one another very well from what Nancy can see.

Giving Molly's hand a firm shake and a nod she moves over to the sitting area, noticing the glass table and couldn't help but giggle. "No one should through a stone in here, hu?" she says back to the man reading the newspaper. Sitting down her hands move from her jacket pockets and rest in her lap, fingers fiddling with one another. Look through the glass panel she watched Brendan with a smile on her face, he looked so important and in charge, she was so proud of him. He made it all the way he said we would. She remembers back to when they talked about they're careers in college, it seemed so long ago now.

She waited patiently, it gave her time to calm her nerves and clear her cluttered mind. Her eyes glanced around the cubicles, watching people type away or answer phone calls. Finally they fell back upon Molly, she looked so nice and proper at her desk. Nancy looked down at herself and wondered if she would have to dress that way from now on, not that she didn't own nice clothing but she enjoyed wearing more comfortable, loose clothing when working or doing anything in general. Her lips twisted to the side as she thought about living in the city, it seemed so different.

The long haired Persian man finishes reading and folds up the paper, hardly moving the creases as the whole thing just naturally folds back in on itself. "Well, you could if you really wanted to. I am sure you'll break a lot of nice, and not to mention expensive, items. Are you a friend of Mr. Conradr's?" For the man cannot but help when listening to the words bouncing off of the walls what people are talking about. "He is a fine working man, indeed." Placing the paper on the table, he reaches out his tanned hand, a silver chain around his wrist. "My name is Alkazan, by the way." Smiling, she can see the golden crowns twinkle in the light on his teeth. He has certainly injured himself a lot, either they were broken or he just adores candy and never brushed his teeth as a kid. "It's nice to meet you. And if you throw a stone..." He jabs his thumb at Brendan's office, "Don't do it to -that- guy. I'm sure he will get very red in the face and throw you off a building." Chuckling, Alkazan knows that -its true-. Nancy, on the other hand, should take it as a joke.

Brendan talks and talks with the Captain, sooner or later starting his way towards the door. When opening it up, Molly, moves to touch her light brown hair, adjusting the bun knotted to the back of her skull. When Brendan enters into the office space, he is still talking, "-- won't you consider it for a while at least? I am sure the price will suit you." Smiling, he shakes the Captain's hand and the skinny man says his goodbyes to Molly before moving to the elevators. Brendan, not even noticing Nancy, starts back into his office. Right after he passes the threshold, his eyes casually glance to his left, spotting her sitting down. Molly, at this time, is saying, "Mr. Conrad, you have a visitor!" Thinking he didn't hear her, Brendan stops and turns his heel, moving back out. Waving a hand to Molly, who is in the middle of saying his last name again, he flashes a smile. Moving right to Nancy, he opens his arms wide for a hug.

"Nancy, it's so good to see you! You made it here all right. What a relief. You know that I was worried about you taking the train in. It's so dirty and ... gross. Full of very odd people." Alkazan chuckles, agreeing with Brendan under his breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.