Status
Not open for further replies.
I closed signups and I'm prepping a post!

I'm going to correct some things that felt off about my first intro and we'll see how far we get!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
CLOSED SIGNUPS - Lost Hope: Return of Dragon's Talon

If that's not good then let me know! I can always try to change it more.

Last time we started with everyone in the same room waiting, this time we'll change it up a bit. When your character arrives they are given their own room in the guest section. It's most likely a lot nicer than most of your characters are used too. You'll be summoned from your room and lined up in front of the door. The procedures are simple, after you're lined up the doors are cranked open and you walk forward until you see a line on the ground. You stop on the line. Other than that you're free to write what you would like. After the initial post I'll be less demanding about content, I promise!

@Boss Megu, I'm almost positive but it doesn't hurt to ask, you talked to Mippu about the character connections first right?
Hi. Yes, I'm the one who brought @Boss Megu in. I changed Han Young's background accordingly.

Oh and in the past RP, Aurel wasn't invited and kinda just stumbled into the gathering group. Should it be the same or should both he and Han Young be invited?

I suppose if they are invited, then would they have to be moved from the rooms they are already staying in (since they've been living in the castle)? I'm sorry about these questions, I'm too hyped for this that I don't want to screw it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Boss Megu
Yups. She helped me build my chara and dragged me here actually. :D Can't wait to start.

Also, I've noticed that many of the character's are weak with cold weather. hahaha
Cold weather's killer in 'The Good Ol' Days' of renaissance Britain. Waaay more people died in the winter than the summer, due to a mix of low food supplies and not being prepped for the cold. Makes sense that people are weak to the cold! But...I can't find it in their weakness. I think it's just Hildy because she's a sap.

I'll get to working on a post now, either way.

EDIT: Question! How famous are your characters? It's all fine and dandy with me boasting about how Hildred's got this terrible reputation but I'd really like to repay the favour by making it so Hildred knows of any rumours, stories, legends, or simply feats of strength that any of your characters would be well-known for.

By the way, I'd be forever grateful to you if your character did recognise her and heard about the rumours, not only would it make my day but it'd fit in with the sort of atmosphere I'm trying to create. ESPECIALLY if your character hates her, or doesn't like her due to the rumours. I'm intentionally trying to put some friction into the team.

Last edited:
EDIT: Question! How famous are your characters? It's all fine and dandy with me boasting about how Hildred's got this terrible reputation but I'd really like to repay the favour by making it so Hildred knows of any rumours, stories, legends, or simply feats of strength that any of your characters would be well-known for.

By the way, I'd be forever grateful to you if your character did recognise her and heard about the rumours, not only would it make my day but it'd fit in with the sort of atmosphere I'm trying to create. ESPECIALLY if your character hates her, or doesn't like her due to the rumours. I'm intentionally trying to put some friction into the team.
Hi @Ythania, I'd like to answer, if you don't mind.

Aurel would be known to those who are involved with the royal court of Resthain and to those who know the royal families of the neighboring kingdoms. He's not exactly famous, but he's a little popular. Han Young is neither, but may be known to magic users who studied in the nearby kingdoms.

Personally, I find Hildred interesting, although I'm not keen on the conflicts. I suppose it's a nice balance. It seemed to be a central theme in the past RP so I hope it won't be the case here because it slowed the plot.

Anyway, Aurel lived in Resthain for several years and most of his free time was spent listening to stories of people. It's safe to say that he's pretty open minded and a little on the recklessly curious side, so while he'd be wary of Hildred. He wouldn't dislike her unless she would do something to him personally. Han Young on the other hand, doesn't exactly care about much. He'd be aware of the rumors but he wouldn't be bothered. Like Aurel, he wouldn't dislike her, but he'd be prejudiced. He'd look down on her, as he does to most people.

Hope that's illustrative. And speaking of illustration, your art is lovely. Digging the Fallout one.

Hi @Ythania, I'd like to answer, if you don't mind.
Thank you!

Aurel would be known to those who are involved with the royal court of Resthain and to those who know the royal families of the neighboring kingdoms. He's not exactly famous, but he's a little popular. Han Young is neither, but may be known to magic users who studied in the nearby kingdoms.
I'm afraid Hildy's position as a sort of nouveau riche-style merchant's daughter puts her firmly below Aurel's status, so she wouldn't know much about him. As for Han, Hildred is no magic user, so she wouldn't know about him either. They're intriguing characters though, especially Han...I can see Hildred having fun with his muteness.

Personally, I find Hildred interesting, although I'm not keen on the conflicts. I suppose it's a nice balance. It seemed to be a central theme in the past RP so I hope it won't be the case here because it slowed the plot.
Mhm, don't worry - Norway has made it clear and I've wholeheartedly agreed with her. Fricton, not conflicts; I've seen disjointed and disagreeable personalities in an adventuring team become the death of many RPs of this genre, and I'm determined to avoid crossing the line and plummeting the whole group into chaos. Hence why Hildred is so...friendly, confident, sociable, the likes; she's not looking to make enemies, she's got enough of them already. The worst she can be for someone who hasn't heard about her is annoying. I don't even expect everyone to know who she is, that would be very haughty of me to demand that of any of you. With Norway and Bitterblue's help, Hildred's reputation can manifest itself in the opinion of the NPCs, which could even bring the team closer together by sticking up for the thief when, I don't know, a bartender refuses to serve her.

I'm going to actively avoid dragging the whole team into all-out war with each other whenever possible, but I'm a sucker for character development - the ultimate goal is gaining respect and building trust between the members through unwavering loyalty, even to a supposedly untrustworthy thief.

Hope that's illustrative. And speaking of illustration, your art is lovely. Digging the Fallout one.
My goodness, thank you so much for your kind words! I'm hoping to open up commissions after my exams are done, and I'll probably make an art thread on Iwaku before then to show off display some of my work.

Inara might have one. She singlehandedly brought down a large group of raiders in multiple towns in her area. So..

• Useful
Reactions: Ythania
Thank you!
You're very welcome. I do appreciate character building.
I'm afraid Hildy's position as a sort of nouveau riche-style merchant's daughter puts her firmly below Aurel's status, so she wouldn't know much about him. As for Han, Hildred is no magic user, so she wouldn't know about him either. They're intriguing characters though, especially Han...I can see Hildred having fun with his muteness.
That would be amusing to play out. He's not as open as Aurel so it would annoy him but since they're on the same team, he'll be loyal to her too.
With Norway and Bitterblue's help, Hildred's reputation can manifest itself in the opinion of the NPCs, which could even bring the team closer together by sticking up for the thief when, I don't know, a bartender refuses to serve her.
I now really want to have this scene written in.
I'm going to actively avoid dragging the whole team into all-out war with each other whenever possible, but I'm a sucker for character development - the ultimate goal is gaining respect and building trust between the members through unwavering loyalty, even to a supposedly untrustworthy thief.
I suppose this is something for us all to work on.
My goodness, thank you so much for your kind words! I'm hoping to open up commissions after my exams are done, and I'll probably make an art thread on Iwaku before then to show off display some of my work.
You kidding? That'd be great. I'd follow you if I had a tumblr.

• Love
Hmmm with Torgeir I feel his reputation is sort of like that of Geralt from the Witcher series. If he hears about a contract that pays well he will go take it up, complete it, get paid and move on. Over the last couple of years he must have done some contracts for the right sort of people (rich) a handful of times and his name has gotten around a bit. Most ordinary people aren't going to know who he is at all and some of the gentry are likely to know him by name.

Question! How famous are your characters? It's all fine and dandy with me boasting about how Hildred's got this terrible reputation but I'd really like to repay the favour by making it so Hildred knows of any rumours, stories, legends, or simply feats of strength that any of your characters would be well-known for.
Nori's family is quite famous to start off with, Nori's name would be quite well know to everyone in Resthain and in all neighboring countries. Resthain became so powerful because they were backed by the Lightseer's (lets face it, when you have someone who can predict the future it's pretty easy to prosper). An announcement saying Resthain's Lightseer family had produced a new mage would be huge news and would easily travel. As far as being known for something other than a disgrace, not so much. Of course only the name is famous, no one knows Nori's face unless they've seen him in the castle before.

I think I've answered everything else in PM's, if I've missed something let me know. There's just a whole lot of everything coming from everywhere T.T (this is why I have Blue <3)
@NorwayFOO don't forget to put the name of the kingdom and the queen in the intro! XD
Ah, right! Ok, let me do that real quick!

• Thank You
@Bitterblue I love the post, I should probably put that level of detail into supplies and prep but Hildred had no idea what the summons was for. Just a little error - Hildred actually waited until they had exited the throne room and the doors had shut before saying anything, but you misread and assumed she went all chatty in front of the queen.

I'll find a way to get Hildred's supplies in a later post. Is there any posting order?

@Bitterblue I love the post, I should probably put that level of detail into supplies and prep but Hildred had no idea what the summons was for. Just a little error - Hildred actually waited until they had exited the throne room and the doors had shut before saying anything, but you misread and assumed she went all chatty in front of the queen.

I'll find a way to get Hildred's supplies in a later post. Is there any posting order?
Okies, sorry about that. I'll try and fix it when I have a chance.

I want everyone to get an introduction post in, after that you can post when you want. Just try not to leave the others in the dust.

5. Two posts (from different RPer's) must be between each individual post.

I want everyone to get an introduction post in, after that you can post when you want. Just try not to leave the others in the dust.

im a working on numero uno

I will try my hardest to get Caela up within the next week. This weekend is CRAZY.

• Thank You
Reactions: Warenai hana
That's fine Blue, take your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.