Status
Not open for further replies.
*groans with exhaustion* Almost done editing Caela's CS, will have her up shortly.

Name:
Caela Alanesta

Height:
5"4'

Weight:
125 lbs

Appearance:
Caela has a fair complexion, as most redheads do. Her fiery red hair, bursting with color, compliments her vivid green eyes very well; and it often turns the head of anyone, man or woman, walking past her. (Most of the women are envious of her beauty, while the men…well, I don't need to go into detail about that…). She has full lips with a set of teeth that are just a shade less than perfect. Standing at just over five foot, and weighing in at about 120 pounds, Caela is average in stature and frame.

Personality:
Caela has a personality to match her hair: Fiery. This sassy, spunky redhead has a wit that can dull the sharpest sword. She doesn't see why so many rules are forced on women, and she doesn't abide by them. While she is young, she is wise beyond her age and she gets very frustrated when people don't take her seriously. Often times you will see her with a smirk on her face as she sneers at someone. Most people write her off as young and un-experienced. She plays that to its full potential. She uses her innocent looking self to get what she wants, and has often been hired by local lords to penetrate into their enemies' camps. The rest of her personality will be played out in the RP; I'm not good at putting what I imagine her being like into words.
She's often seen with two her two daggers: Eithne (Gaelic for little fire) is the orange/amber accented dagger, and Necia (Latin for passionate) is the one you see pictured in the image. (Ignore the screaming figure in the reflection on the knife, it's not real).

Background:
Caela's father, a handsome man who goes by the name of Guster, is a former Lord of the kingdom of Elswilm; unfortunately, some things that were out of his control happened and he was dismissed, as well as disgraced. The King at the time didn't want to dismiss one of his most faithful lords, but due to factors that he couldn't dismiss, his hand was forced. He and his family have become farmers, with very profitable crops that are able to keep them fed through the winter.

While Caela has her father's smile, she really gets her looks from her mother, Annabelle, whose maiden name is Gildimore. But that's where their similarities end. Belle thinks Caele needs to act more like a lady if they are to get back in the crowns favor once more. Caela never took to the strict guidelines to be a 'proper lady' even when she was little. She found them too restrictive, and relished the freedom that her father allowed her. Aragorn noticed that Caela's personality was taking after his own, young, ambitious…she would go far places, and he allowed her room to act freely, at least when it was reasonable. He did have a few rules, and Caela adhered to them. Caela was often found chilling with a group of guys.

He taught Caela how to fight, with Belle's full permission. Caela was a natural….she loved the feeling of Eithne and Necia in her hands, they were perfect for her. As she got better and better with the daggers, her dad introduced her to the art of throwing. Soon enough, any knife she threw would hit its mark.

When she became adept-no, expert- with Eithne and Necia, her mother took over the training. There is an ancient magic within the Gildimore bloodline. All the women in the line for the past several hundred years have had an ancient type of fire magic. This magic is not a normal type of magic that you think of…it's kind of….elemental. It can only be channeled through its totems, the two daggers that have been passed down from generation to generation. Annabelle worked studiously with Caela, helping her master this current of fire that has always flowed through her veins. Within the next year or so, all Caela had to do was whisper a word in ancient Gaelic and flames would erupt upon the blades of Eithne and Necia. With more practice, she was able to control it more, make it grow, even throw streams or balls of fire if she wished. She still does need practice; it's not easy, not at all. Belle relished her time with Caela, and Caela with her mom.

Life was good among the Alanesta family for several years, up to recently.

Several months ago, raiders attacked her village, and her father was dealt a tragic blow. While it was a hairs breadth from fatal, it did paralyze him from the waist down. This dealt a tragic blow to the family….he was unable to farm. For the head of the house to be unable to support his family was almost unheard of, and when it happened, there was little help from the neighbors. Caela and Annabelle brought in what they could, but they had barely scraped enough to last through the winter; how would they survive next year? All seemed lost.

Then the letter came. As the royal guards came down the path leading to the main door, Annabelle had gasped. Could this be? Could the new Queen have decided to have mercy on them? When they met her at the door however, they were all surprised when the guards asked for young Caela. When Caela approached, the guard on the right pulled out a letter bearing the royal seal of Her Majesty the Queen. Upon seeing their charge receive the letter, they bid their adue's and departed for the castle.

When her mother and father pressured her to read the letter aloud, her response was to walk out the door to try and find a quiet spot. When she got to her favorite spot, a shady tree in the middle of a field where she could see the mountains in the horizon, she slid down the trunk and opened the letter. Her mouth had formed a small "O" as she read, shocked that the Queen required her presence. Immediately, she set for home, handed the letter to her mother to read to her father, and headed to her room to start packing. She should be able to reach the Castle a few days before the required date of arrival.

So her adventure began…

Skills:
  • She excels with her daggers. She has two matching daggers, only one is the aqua blue and one matches her hair. She has sliced and diced so many people who got in her way, or made her their enemy, it is scary.
  • Magic-Her fiery magic gives her the element of fire, and of surprise oftentimes, she doesn't talk about it, she just does it in the heat of battle. She can also slightly sense magic in other people. It does have a certain radius, if people are within fifty feet of her, she gets this tingly feeling in her senses, but that's it. She can't tell what kind of magic it is, or how powerful, just that it's there.
  • She also learned how to throw knives at quite a young age. She can hit almost any target, still or moving.
  • Because she excels in close combat, it only comes natural that she excels in hand to hand combat as well.
  • Stealth: she was a spy for goodness sakes. She can get around and manipulate people quite easily.

Weakness:
  • Because her choice weapon is short range, she has to get fairly close to her opponents to do any kind of damage. This leaves her open to several problems when it comes to long range combat.
  • She can't handle the sword to save her life, at least not yet. It is on her list to try to master.
  • Sentimentality: she knows her own daggers the best, and is best when it is they who she is wielding. While she is good with any dagger, she performs her best with her own two.
  • Magic: her magic is useless without Eithne and Necia. Without them, she may as well not have magic, it won't work with any other blade; Caela wouldn't admit it, but she has become quite attached and a little dependent on her magic, spending less time training without the flames, than she had before, trusting her magic would always be there. She also depends on her senses to tell her when someone with magic is near her, but if she becomes preoccupied with something (which often happens), she doesn't pay attention and misses it a lot.
  • She can't run for an extended period of time. She's a sprinter, as most spies need to be.
  • She's not good at negotiations; she gives away too much information to be useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to bed now. Goodnight. I will edit as needed when i can.

She is a work in progress, this is the skeleton. I'm going to flesh her out a little, I am going to completely redo her personality to where she's still snarky and sassy but not as mean or judge mental.

To be honest, I don't think you should cut down on Caela's edge; without it I feel she might resemble Inara a bit too much in terms of personality. The two struck me as rather similar when I saw the CS this morning, and one of the defining features of Caela seems to be her sharper tongue. But hey - it's your character, and I'd be an idiot to say that there aren't similar people out there in the real world too.

Plus, if that's a work in progress then I am HPYED to see what the final product will be.

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
To be honest, I don't think you should cut down on Caela's edge; without it I feel she might resemble Inara a bit too much in terms of personality. The two struck me as rather similar when I saw the CS this morning, and one of the defining features of Caela seems to be her sharper tongue. But hey - it's your character, and I'd be an idiot to say that there aren't similar people out there in the real world too.

Plus, if that's a work in progress then I am HPYED to see what the final product will be.
Yeah, originally I was going to combine their personalities and only have Inara, so I'm going to make Inara a bit more reserved.

But I wanted to play Caela so that changed :P

:) Thank you!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ythania
Yeah, originally I was going to combine their personalities and only have Inara, so I'm going to make Inara a bit more reserved.

But I wanted to play Caela so that changed :P

:) Thank you!
Ahh, that makes sense. I hope it didn't sound too critical of me, I just really like the look of Caela as she is - a fiery personality to go with that fiery magic! Plus, Eleanor and Caela should almost certainly have a magical duel whilst Hildred rattles up bets from the rest of the team on who will win.

Agreed. Eleanor is a battle mage that deals with Ice and is good at mid to far range than short range weapons. (Her specialty are pole weapons; ie Halberd, and bows/crossbows)

If she's that sharp tongue, Eleanor will have a hard time getting close to her though. You mentioned that she needed her two daggers to work with it right? Does that mean she needs a weapon as a conduit rather than spells to call on her flames?

That would be fun. ^.^
Agreed. Eleanor is a battle mage that deals with Ice and is good at mid to far range than short range weapons. (Her specialty are pole weapons; ie Halberd, and bows/crossbows)

If she's that sharp tongue, Eleanor will have a hard time getting close to her though. You mentioned that she needed her two daggers to work with it right? Does that mean she needs a weapon as a conduit rather than spells to call on her flames?
Her weapons specifically. She could do it with just one if needed. They are the totem through which she channels the magic, it's not a common type of magic. It can't be used without hose specific daggers, nor by anyone not in the Gildimore bloodline.

As I'm sure Hildred will say when personalities start to clash: "You don't have to see eye to eye, to stand shoulder to shoulder." I can't wait to see Caela introduce herself, truly! If she's as snappy as I imagine her to be, then she and Hildred will have very animated and lively conversations.

Whilst I'm waiting, could any of you help me think of some nicknames for Hildred? It's such an old-lady name, so I've been making up a list of extravagant titles and pet names to cover it up, which she'll use in her introductions. Still, I'd like to receive some input from you guys, since thinking up of your own nickname almost always ends in failure.

That would be fun. ^.^

Her weapons specifically. She could do it with just one if needed. They are the totem through which she channels the magic, it's not a common type of magic. It can't be used without hose specific daggers, nor by anyone not in the Gildimore bloodline.
I would love to see them in battle, working side by side. So it's not a spell but a bloodline ability. I see, well, that's really interesting. I can't wait to see it in action. though 18 is pretty young to be a master, but then again, Eleanor did it too. So.... haha

Whilst I'm waiting, could any of you help me think of some nicknames for Hildred? It's such an old-lady name, so I've been making up a list of extravagant titles and pet names to cover it up, which she'll use in her introductions. Still, I'd like to receive some input from you guys, since thinking up of your own nickname almost always ends in failure.
Hildred. Red, Hilda, Hillie... Such a hard name to come up with nicknames

Also, calling Eleanor anything but Eleanor will cause her to bluster like an enraged chicken. xDD Examples are Ellie and Elle.

• Useful
Reactions: Ythania
18 is pretty young to be a master,
Yes, it is. But her father had started training her when she was 5. I'm going to work on an intro post, and then start fleshing out and improving the quality of writing.

I wonder what it would be like if Eleanor and Caela were teamed up for the test. That would be very interesting indeed. Fire and ice, working together.

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
@Ythania Caela is a spy, but she wouldn't be very well known, because she's good at keeping on the DL. She might be known around as the daughter of a former Lord, though.

That would be a sight indeed. In fact, depending on the test itself, Eleanor would be taking charge. Eleanor like I mentioned is a Battle Mage and she's lead troupes into battle. Plus she's got a mind for strategy. :U But she's very good with social interaction.

That would be a sight indeed. In fact, depending on the test itself, Eleanor would be taking charge. Eleanor like I mentioned is a Battle Mage and she's lead troupes into battle. Plus she's got a mind for strategy. :U But she's very good with social interaction.
HA! I would love to see her try. My bet's on Caela. Fire trumps ice. All the way. XD Ice melts in the face of fire, my dear :P

All joking aside, Caela would likely just scoff at her, and try to go on her own. She doesn't work together. At all. Only one she'll work with is her mother.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Random note, if we're going off medieval etiquette, the Queen herself would be referred to as Your Majesty, the crown prince/princess would be your highness, and any other offspring would be my lady/my lord. :) Just a side note, if you want to use the correct terms.

My Lady/Lord is also the term used for noble heirs/spawns that don't hold the title yet. :U So that's Eleanor's title. haha

HA! I would love to see her try. My bet's on Caela. Fire trumps ice. All the way. XD Ice melts in the face of fire, my dear :P

All joking aside, Caela would likely just scoff at her, and try to go on her own. She doesn't work together. At all. Only one she'll work with is her mother.
Don't simply write off Eleanor. Ice is deadly on it's own way, even against fire. ;) But Eleanor doesn't do battle unless there's a specific cause.

Also, on another note: you know that feeling when a creepy crawly climbs up your foot? Disgusting. Urgh. My neighbour told me they heard me scream. XDD We should have one of those situations if applicable. XDD

So just to understand. Only Eleanor, Hildred and Torgeir are together at this point right? Inara and Caela time skipped and Aurel and Han are with the Queen.

Am I getting this right?

So just to understand. Only Eleanor, Hildred and Torgeir are together at this point right? Inara and Caela time skipped and Aurel and Han are with the Queen.

Am I getting this right?
Thats how I understand it yep

Status
Not open for further replies.