Lord of the Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nadia nods as she commands Ka'rok where to go and to call for their horses. He lets out a loud and long howl as he continues to run with them as fast as he can. Nadia flinched slightly as she felt Zaos on her, and she could tell he was crying, but she said nothing, she only frowned in sadness for him. Ka'rok continued to run, and in just a couple of minutes the sound of horses could be heard approaching behind them, and Shadow and Nadia's horse appeared from the distance. After a while of riding, Nadia finally commanded Ka'rok to stop, "Daro, Ka'rok!" she shouts, he listens as he slows down and slides to a stop. The horses caught up and stopped as well. Nadia turned her head slightly to glance at Zaos before she slid off of Ka'rok's back. Nadia didn't say a word for a minute. "It seems as if the Dark Lord has indeed returned..." she states. "That man, he was your brother?" she asks as she looks up at Zaos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zaos was lost in thought for awile , He lifts his mask over his face before hoping off the wolf and returning to shadow. " no not any more" He says as he hops onto Shadow. He looks at Nadia with his eyes now a little dimmer. " thanks now let us go" Zaos had nothing eles to say at this point he just wanted to take his revenge on the Orc who killed his wife and be done with it.​

Nadia stayed silent for a moment as she watched Zaos. She mounted her horse as she nodded at him. "How is the wound?" She asked with concern as she motioned her horse to turn to face him. Checking to make sure he was alright to travel.

He shows her the scar on his shulder " its fine" He says as he urges shadow to walk. " lets go" he says as he heads off further up the river still lost in his thoughts. It was becoming mid day now and the sun had reached its peek lighting up the forest .​

Reactions: Harlequinn
Nadia was following close behind Zaos and Ka'rok was trudging further ahead past the both of them. She felt extremely low at the moment, and couldn't seem to get her thoughts off of Zaos. Suddenly Ka'rok stops on top of a large rock in the clearing. He seemed to be staring off into the distance. Towards the edge of the forest line. Nadia stared at him in confusion, wondering what he was staring at. Ka'rok stood in the same stance as Nadia and Zaos had caught up to him, keeping at a steady pace. When Zaos was passing by Ka'rok lowered his head as he began to growl, his fur standing up on his back.

Zaos was still lost in thought as he passed Ka'rok not paying attention to his surroundings . He looks around before looking back at nadia " hm why have you stoped? " he says as shadow keeps walking. He looks down at Ka,rok " whats wrong with him?"

"I'm not sure..." she looks to her wolf as she asks, "Ka'rok? What is it?" Ka'rok turns his head slightly to look at her. "Nazgul, straight ahead." he growls.

Nadia narrows her eyes as she stares in the same direction. Off in the distance 3 Nazgul were seen moving through the shadows at the edge of the forest, heading towards the west. "They noticed us, I saw them look straight at us. But they didn't acknowledge us this time." Ka'rok states. "It's because they are not after /us/. They are searching for someone, or something. Still, it's wise to keep our distance if we can." she prods her horse in the side, giving him a firm kick as she urges him to move forward. "We need to keep moving, while it's still daylight." Ka'rok stares back in the direction he had seen the Nazgul for a moment before slumping off following after Nadia.

Zaos looks onward to see the Nazgul " yhea" he says bluntly before following behind Nadia. He looks at the direction they were heading " what do you think they were after? " he says with a curious face. Just the thought of the the Witch king made Zaos start to feel uneasy " i have faced a black rider before but the nothing like that one" he says referring to the witch king.​

Nadia hesitates for a moment, before slowing down her horse til she was riding right next to Zaos. "A little over a month ago, when I was In Southern Gondor, when I seen the half face, he had brought back someone with him to Mordor." she began. "You've heard of the creature, Gollum, haven't you?" she glanced at him for a second before looking away.

" a gray wizard questioned about this gollum " He tried to think how long it has bin since them but could not remember. " no i do not know of the creature is there something specific about him" he asks . before looking up at Nadia. " you seem to know a fair share of the half face and Mordor " He says with a suspicious tone.

"You know of the story of the Great War? Sauron and the One Ring, correct?" she looked over to him. "When Isildur had slain Sauron, and took the Ring of Power, he was too weak to destroy it. Driven by greed, and lust for power he kept it. In time, the Ring betrayed Isildur, he was slain, and the Ring was lost for centuries. Then a Stoor Hobbit, a riverfolk came to possess the ring - he murdered his own kin to have it. As punishment he was banished. He took the ring into the misty mountains for hundreds of years it poisoned his mind and controlled him. Rumor has it that he lost the Ring, but he knows who possesses it. Sauron knows he has knowledge of the Ring so he was probably tortured as a way to get that information. These black riders are searching for whoever possesses it, so they can reclaim it for Sauron." she explained. "They are drawn to the Ring and it's power. They can feel it, and they will kill anyone who gets in their way."

When she hears Zaos's tone she stops in her tracks. "I'm not allies with them, if that is what you are getting at." she snaps slightly. She takes a deep breath and apologizes. "I'm sorry..." she sighs. "I know enough. I've spent a lot of time in the area, exploring the caves and pathways in... and I've been keeping watch over the half face ever since he killed my love, Vanos. Desiring to kill him, but...." she felt her voice begin to crack, and clutched her eyes shut - fighting off the tears that threatened to fall. She shook her head. "Nevermind..." she kicks her horse, harder than normal and pushes past Zaos without another word.

Zaos just watches as Nadia takes off ahead. He thinks about her explanation " ring of power?" he mutters to his self. He urges Shadow to keep up with Nadia as he reaches out to her arm to stop her . " wait " as he gets her horse to stop " forgive me .. i did wish to anger you" Zaos places one hand on her shoulder " i will end the his life" He says with determination. Even though he was hell bent on finding the orc he still had no intention of allowing Nadia to follow him into mordor " just show me the path and promise i will carry out his justice for his crimes"

Nadia gasps and turns to face Zaos as he took hold of her arm. She had started to cry, single tears had rolled down her face. "No... You didn't anger me. I shouldn't have snapped at you like I did. You have every reason to be suspicious. I am still a stranger to you after all." She speaks softly. "I'm mostly angry at myself." She turns her face away from him and thinks as he promises to kill the Orc. She honestly hated the idea of Zaos going into Mordor alone. She had seen what lies beyond the gates. She wanted desperately to aid him on his journey to the very end but she knew he would never agree to it. She glanced at him for a moment before turning away again slightly. "I will show you... I just wish you would allow me to join you to the very end." She almost whispers, barely loud enough for him to hear.

He felt bad to see Nadia cry but he did not want to maker feel weak by pampering her so Zaos just nods when he hears her say she would lead him. " ok " Right when he was about to order shadow to move he hears her last statement. " ............ shadow" he says urging his horse to move and pretends he did not hear it. He walks up ahead before turning his head " lets go Nadia while daylight is still upon us"

Nadia watched as Zaos walked on for a moment, giving him time to move a ways away before she followed after him. She kept her head down and didn't say another word, letting herself fall a little further behind him as she followed. She hated that she had shown weakness, but hated it even more that she had made herself look like a fool, she knew better than to let emotions get in the way of anything.

Zaos points at the in front " we will need to follow this trail south " He says turning his head back. "hm" He examines Nadias face " what troubles you..are you hurt?" Zaos pulls shadow back and walks around Nadias horse as he checks her for any noticeable wounds. when he dosent see any he walks with her side to side He looks at her waiting for her to respond.​

"No.. I'm fine." She answers in a calm tone, keeping her gaze forward. "Let's continue, shall we?" She glances at him for a moment. "Gwaem." (Let's go) she commands her horse, urging him to go faster. "Ka'rok, scout ahead a ways and check for any foes." She shouts as he takes off ahead of the two of them.

Zaos just watches as Ka'rok runs off ahead. He looks at Nadia who was going a little faster now " very well" He says following behind her. As they walk Zaos cant help but look back from time to time. He looks at the ground looking at there own tracks . He looks back at Nadia " Nadia ....your wolf?......is he missing a claw on his front right paw?"

Nadia glances back at Zaos with a confused look on her face. "No. Why do you ask?" she tugs on her horses reigns slightly to make him slow down a bit.

He points down at the tracks " there is another pair of tracks leading this way" he says drawing his bow as he continues to study the tracks as they walk.​

Status
Not open for further replies.