Lord of the Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nadia looks at his now uncovered face, and then to the cloth that he held in front of her. The symbol was all too familiar to her. "That symbol belongs to an Uruk-hai general, I do not know his name... But half of his face is badly damaged..." She trailed off as her eyes glazed over, and she felt her breathing becoming irregular as memories came back to her. This was the only one who she had not been able to kill.

~Flashback~
The night sky glazed over with orange from the fires of a burning human village. Ashes, smoke, and flames filled the air and sky. Te corpses of humans scattered the grounds, blood stained the soil. Screams could be heard echoing in the village as a band of Uruk-hai slaughtered the villagers one by one. Nadia was being dragged by her wrist by a young man. They hunkered down avoiding being seen by any of the Orc. The man quickly led Nadia out of the village and in the opening of the forest. "Go now, Nadia! Hurry!" He ordered. "No, Vanos! I won't leave without you! Do not go back, you will be killed!" She begged. "I have to go back for my brother I will not leave him!" He shouted. Go now. Hide and I will catch up with you." He cupped her face trying to calm her. He gave her a small reassuring smile while lightly stroking her cheek with his thumb. She was crying and gazed back into his eyes as she nodded. He let go of her and turned back, running back into the chaos with his sword drawn. She watched him in fear. She ha promised she would run, but she could not and would not just leave him alone. She was still weak from injuries she had gotten a couple of weeks before. But she took off towards the massacre. She took A stray sword from the body of a dead man, and was soon met with a menacing foe - she blocked the strikes thrown at her and stabbed him in the chest as she continued to look for the man she had fallen in love with, who had saved her and given her a place that had felt like home after years of being alone. Her injuries were causing her great pain and she clutched her side as she dropped to one knee, gasping from the pain. then she looked up and she could see him in the distance mounted on a horse fighting off one of the Uruk-hai. He had Killed his foe and he suddenly met eyes with Nadia, his eyes grew wide as he prodded his horse and rushed to her. He stopped directly in front of her and extended his hand "Nadia, give me your hand!" He shouted, but as soon as she did his chest was struck with an arrow, Nadia gasped and screamed "No!!" His horse raised on its back legs and he fell backwards and off his horse to the ground. Nadia quickly crawled to his side, and held him in her arms as she cried. He was still alive but barely. "You shouldn't have come back.." He choked and coughed a blood ran down his mouth. "I had to..." She cried. "You're going to be alright..." She grunted as she grasped him and tried to pull him up, barely dragging him back and out of the destroyed village. Suddenly she too was struck by an arrow in her left shoulder. She flinched from the shot in shock, and dropped Vanos as she fell on her back by his side. Both of them were still alive. At the moment. Soon Nadia could see a large figure coming their way holding a bow. When he was close enough she could see from the light of the flames it was a Uruk-hai who ha a face that was badly disfigured on one side... She glared in anger. "A she elf?" He growled in his deep voice. "In a human village?" He chuckled darkly. He approached her, as he drew a dagger from his side. Suddenly Vanos snapped "Don't you touch her! You get away from--" but he was cut off as the half faced beast jammed his blade directly into his stomach as he roared. Nadia's eyes widened and she screamed in anger. Vanos gargled blood and in seconds the life faded from his eyes. Nadia lunged up at him with all her might but he struck her in the face with his balled fist. She fell back on the ground half unconscious. It was then he dug his blade into Vanos's chest as he dug out his heart, devouring it a second later. Nadia watched this as she was still barely conscious before her eyes slowly closed and the darkness took over.

~End flashback~

Nadia felt her chest rise and fall harshly. And she quickly looked Way from Zaos. "Why Are you looking for him?" She asked slowly.

• Love
Reactions: Captain808
Zaos was surprised she knew of the orc. He notices she started to get lost in her thoughts . He places her hand on her waist when she looks like she was about to fall of the horse . " i see you have crossed blades with the half faced orc" When she looked like she was alright he removes his hand from her waist. His eyes fill with a mix between anger and sorrow when Nadia asks him why he was searching for the orc. " a year ago the half face crossed the borders of Mirkwood to murder are king, we manage to fend off the attackers but he took something from me that day" He pulls out a small charm . from his robe to look at it . " it was something more valuable then the gold or gems, something that can not be replaced " when he notice that he was just ranting he puts the charm away " im going to kill him" he says with a confident voice.

Reactions: Harlequinn
Nadia tenses up slightly when she felt Zaos touch her waist, but loosens up and calms down after a moment. She wasn't used to interacting with others like this.
"Something like that.." She answered. Then she turned her head to look at him again as he explained why he was after the half faced vermin. She watched as he pulled out a charm and gazed at it. "I see." She began. "Then you will be able to do what I could not." She turned back away facing forward as she was reminded of her memories. "He took something from me as well. Well...rather someONE.. And I couldn't kill him... I couldn't stop him..." She sighed softly. And paused for another moment. "I know where the half face resides."

" misfortune has struck us both then" Zaos says when he hears she had lost someone to the orc. Shadow starts to become more hesitant to move as they get closer to the camp. Zaos slides of the horse before walking around to shadows face " easy girl" he says as he bushes her fur. " wait ...your sure? " he asked when Nadia says she knows were the orc is. He walks to her side as she still sat on the horse " you must tell me" Zaos says with a determined face. He places a hand on one of hers "please"

Nadia froze for a moment at Zaos's words. Then tenses up as she feels him dismount his horse. Her eyes followed him as she trailed off into her thoughts, looking away, out into the forest. "I'm positive. But you will not get to him any time soon..." She states. "A little over a month ago, I was passing through southern Gondor... Heading North after tracking and slaying Orc that infected the land... On my way, my wolf suddenly stopped, and he warned me that there were enemies closeby. So I walked towards the direction he smelt the threat, alone as to not draw any attention to myself since I was only investigating... That's when I seen /him/... He was leading his "army" of at least 50 Uruk's to the east..." She explained. "Back to their homeland..." She stated as she made eye contact with Zaos. "Mordor..."

Zaos releses her hand , He was in deep thought now " mordor? " He shakes his head " no.... it does not matter" He looks back into Nadias eyes but this time with eyes that showed determination " i cant allow him to live any longer " He begins walking Turing on shadows rope so he could get her to move " if i shall fall so be it" Since the lost of his love Zaos did not care about his life anymore, all he seeks is revenge and he will do anything for it. He turns his head back " soon there will be no were to run ....i recommend you seek sanctuary in mirkwood"

"Yes, Mordor..." She repeated. She gasped slightly from his response "You expect to just go to Mordor and be able to kill him? You will not get far alone... He has an entire army there... Not to mention other beasts..." She began to speak in a faster and more worked up tone. "And I do not run. I made a vow that day.... The day he killed... him... That I would devote my life to slaying every last one of their kind til the day I took my final breath. ESPECIALLY him." She atated.

She dismounted his horse as she approached him. "Listen... I don't know why you are so set on killing him, and I don't even know you but..." She sighed, "You cannot do it alone... There are thousands of them there. You will be killed before you get the chance to get to him." She paused for a moment as she looked away. "Let me help you fulfill yours-- and my wish. I know ways in... And around it like the back of my hand." She knew it probably sounded crazy, especially since he was a stranger, but for the last few years she had been waiting patiently for the day she would be able to see that foul creature die. "His life belongs to you... I just want justice for someone who I loved with all my heart." She looked at him with desperation. She was determined and accepted the thought of death gladly.

Zaos keeps walking as he listens to Nadia " i admire your courage .. but still you are young and unwise " He stops walking and turns his head " this courage of yours is the very reason i lost her" Zaos pulls out the charm again and shows it to Nadia " her name was lilith .. she was the only thing that kept me going after the passing of my wife" He turns his body so he could face her " she showed the same courage you have now on the day of the attack and like a fool i trusted her" Zaos eyes started to show sadness in them " this is were my trust has taken me ...a foolish father who turned his back on his people just so he could kill the bastard who killed his own kin ... this is my punishment for my trust " He turns back around and keeps walking " i will not make the same mistake twice .... live your life Nadia...find love and cherish your love ones .... it is to late for me , if death is what awaits me at mordor then so be it, but i will not allow you to make Liliths mistake"

• Love
Reactions: sanguineXnight
Nadia stared in sadness at Zaos as he held out a charm and explained what he had lost. Then something he said upset her and caused her to raise her voice slightly at him as she spoke as calmly as possible. "What loved ones?" She asked. "Do you even know about my people? I am the last of my people... They were all wiped out in the Great War... I am the last of my kin." She began. "For 2,000 years I have roamed this land, wandering from place to place alone... Dedicating my life to slaying filth. It's been my life for so long..." She trailed off. "Up until 3 years ago, I was fighting a group of Orc in the mountains. They had 3 full grown cave trolls and I was thrown off a cliff and into a river. I almost died, but a man named Vanos found me and took me in. He saved me when I didn't have anything to live for other than killing evil... Id actually found someone who cared, and made me feel like I belonged, then the half faced Uruk came and slayed him right in front of me... I should have died that day with him but I survived.... Ever since I've waited patiently for the day my wolf could crush that damned Uruk's head in his jaws... Or just to see him die." She stared into Zaos's eyes, but blinked and shut them as tears began to form. She forced them away, and hoped he hadn't noticed her showing weakness. "I do not wish to continue lingering in this world the way I have. If I were to die just so that filth could be eliminated I would gladly welcome it. The only thing in this world for me is killing and death." She looked away and up to the moonlight shining through the trees.

Zaos looks back her giving her an unconvinced face. " do not speak to me of what you lost....we have all felt the effects of the war" He said with anger He walks up to her and takes her arm " 2000 years is a mere blink in a life for a elf your kin are not lost as long as the you have the blood in your veins" realizing he was being to aggressive Zaos releases her arm " i.. i am sorry i do not know you and i have no right to judge you" He looks at Nadia with a sincere face " but im sure this man you speak of would not want you to waste your life " Zaos turns away " come .... let us return you to your camp" and begins walking again.

Nadia stared at him in shock. But lowered her head. She felt ashamed, and didn't know what else to say. "A blink of an eye for some.. But when you are alone it feels like an eternity." Without another word she raises her head, giving him one last look before walking past him towards her camp.

" yhea... i know what you mean" He mutters as he sees her take the lead. Shadow begins to pull back from Zaos " hey relax " He sighs and releases her rope " just stay close " Shadow takes off in the other direction. Zaos turns around and follows Nadia to her camp. He could see the camp fire up ahead " is that it" he says walking behind her.

"Yes." She answers him. Suddenly she stops in her tracks as she lifts her arm, motioning for Zaos to stop. "Darth." (Wait) she commanded as she continued to walk forward, she whistles and moments later her wolf Ka'rok appeared, sprinting to her. He sees Zaos and slides to a halt next to her as he bares his fangs, emitting a monstrous growl as he glares at him with his glowing yellow eyes. "Daro, Ka'rok!" (Stop) "Uuma dela. Ro naa mellon." (Don't worry. He is a friend) she commands. The wolf loosens up and silences his growls but keeps his glare on Zaos before turning to Nadia and greeting her by nudging his muzzle up against her hand, urging her to pet him. She smiles at him as she kneels on one knee, as she strokes his head. She turns to Zaos as she raises back up. "A tula náressë." (Come by the fire) she motions. "I have some food and water if you want some?"

Zaos had already had his hand on his daggers hilt when he saw the wolf approaching. He watches as Nadia interacts with it before taking his hand away from the dagger. He nods as he follows the two near the fire " no im fine" He walks over to the fire and notices two children sleeping. He looks back at Nadia " you spoke of a way in into mordor " He asks with an determined face. " you must tell me"

Nadia nods her head as she goes to sit down, and lean against a rock, but Ka'rok pushes his way in behind her and curls his massive body around her protectively, giving her more comfort rather than the rocky wall behind her. She sits and leans against him as he rests his huge head on her lap. She begins to pet him as she speaks to Zaos. "Well, I know of 3 ways... but none of them are easy, or quick." she glances up at him. "There is a way through the Ash Mountains, the Crossings of Poros, and the Mountains of Shadows. I could take you to one of them." she offers. "If you like?"

Zaos looks at Nadia think to his self for awile " yes that would be helpfull" He crouches down and pushes some logs around in the fire with one of his arrows . " but only to the path . i will not allow you to go any further" He turns back her " are we clear" He looks at the two sleeping children "where do you plan on dropping the young lings " He notices one of them had a small cut on her arm and walks over to her. He takes a knee next to her and holds his hand over the sleeping girls arm and begins to chant in an elvish language . He moves his hand to see the cut had sealed before walking back over to the fire and taking a seat.

Nadia stared at him for a moment, and thought to herself. She wanted to assist him, but didn't want to argue about it, so she nodded. "I plan to take them to the nearest village first thing in the morning. Ka'rok says it's just along the other side of this hill, about half a mile, so it won't be a long trip for that." she explained, and watched as he went to heal the young girls arm while she slept. She gave a small smile at this. "You have healing abilities?" she asks Zaos as he returns by the fire.

" yes" Zaos answers as he pokes at the fire with an arrow. He looks at Nadia " you have a heart of gold lady nadia" He says giving her a smile. Zaos places his bow on the ground next to him so he could sit more comfortable . Looking at the fire " it is a reassurance to see someone helping others in such a dark time" He smiles as he watches the fire " my wife had that in her ... infact that is how we met" he chuckles as he remembers how he met his wife. " there i was ... a young elf eager to protect his hold getting knocked on his rear from a woman who had crossed are borders to hunt" realizing he was just ranting again he just shakes his head and chuckles

Nadia smiles, "It must be nice to have that ability. I am able to talk to animals and creatures, but that is it as far as 'special abilities' goes." and she slightly smiled at Zaos's words. "Those are very kind words. Thank you." she continued to stroke her wolf's head as he drifted off into sleep. "I guess I got those traits from my mother... she was the most compassionate woman I knew. I despise evildoers." she states. And then gives a half smile as he talks about his wife. It made her sad to think about him losing someone who was so precious to him, she listened as he continued to speak of her. "I'm sorry... that she was taken away from you." Nadia frowns as she looks down and then back up as she goes to adjust herself, but slightly grunts from a sudden pain in her side - but she quickly braces herself and takes a deep breath as she glances down and notices a blood stain on her side, she must've gotten a cut when she attacked the Orc earlier and didn't know. She applied some slight pressure with her hand as she leaned back to get more comfortable, hoping Zaos hadn't noticed, since she didn't want to make a big deal out of it. It was just another wound, another scar to add, no big deal. Then Ka'rok lifted his head as he stared up at her as he began to sniff the air. "You're bleeding, Nadia." he states. "I'm fine, Ka'rok. Rest now." she commands as she rests her head back against the stone wall.

Zaos smiles " thanks" . He was about to turn away but he hears Nadia grunt. "hm" He watches her as she looks down at her side. He thought it was nothing until he hears her tell her wolf shes fine. Zaos stands up and walks over to her . He takes a knee in font of her ignoring the wolf, Zaos was the not the type to scare off easily " are you hurt?" He says looking at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.