Lord of the Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
When she sees Zaos come towards her she looks in confusion. He asks her if she is hurt. She clutches her wound tighter, trying to conceal it as she tries to hide any signs of discomfort on her face. "It's nothing. Just a little cut is all." she states as she closes her eyes and leans her head back against the stone wall. Ka'rok looks up at her and groans, and then glances to her side and looks to Zaos.

Reactions: Captain808
" stubborn" He says smirking at her. Zaos looks at the wolf " she must be a handful" He says chuckling before looking back at Nadia " mind if i take a look at it? " He looks back at her wolf and gives him a little head gesture to see if he would help out.

Reactions: Harlequinn
Nadia opens her eyes when Zaos calls her stubborn, and raises an eyebrow. Ka'rok then verbally speaks to Zaos in a low tone, "If you only knew." as he looked at Zaos, causing Nadia to roll her eyes at Ka'rok's response.. "I appreciate the concern, really I do. But I'm fine. No big deal." she states. Ka'rok groans as he nudges the arm of the hand clutched to her side, causing her to gasp slightly. "Stop it." she whispers harshly at him. "Yes, you are completely fine." he groans while eyeing her. "Swallow your pride and let him take a look, I can smell the blood you know." Nadia hesitated at first, but knowing there was no winning this she sighs as she begins to release the pressure, as she removed her hand, she could see that it had quite a bit of blood on it, causing her to replace her hand back on the spot. She closed her eyes and narrowed her eye brows from the pain that shot up her side. "I don't see how I didn't notice it before..." she sighed.

When Zaos sees notices her face immediately leans closer and take a look. " relax" He says pulling out a cloth from his robe. " im going to take a look now" He says as he slowly moves her hand away from her side. "hm" He wipes some blood from her wound so he could take a better look. Zaos reaches back into a little pouch he had strapped to his waist and pulls out a piece of herb and begins chewing on it for awhile "be still" he says before taking it out of his mouth and applying it to the wound, at the same time he whispers a chant causing his hand to glow as he rubs the herb onto the cut.

Nadia tensed up slightly as he removed her hand from the wound, and hissed when he placed something on it and began to chant. Ka'rok watches this as lightly nudged his muzzle into her hand on the other side to giver her some comfort. She stifles any noises of pain as she closes her eyes tightly. "Thank you.." she almost whispers.

Zaos removed his hand and smirks " that should do it" He says before standing back up. He walks over and removes his cloak and places it over the children before sitting going back to the fire. " get some rest" he says to Nadia before sitting back down. He continues to watch the fire as he thinks to his self . After a few minutes he begins to sing silently in a sympathetic tone. As he sings he holds his charm

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sanguineXnight
Nadia stayed silent as she watched him cover the human children and then return to his spot by the fire. She sighed as she leaned back again and shut her eyes. She was at the mix of drifting off to sleep when she heard singing, and slowly opened her eyes as she glanced over to Zaos. She listened closely, and the song soothed her, along with his singing. After he was finished she waited a moment before she spoke up. "That was lovely.." She spoke just loud enough for him to hear. "I must say though, you didn't strike me as the kind of man to sing." She gave a small smile, "I've not heard anyone sing since my mother died. She always used to sing to me, before she died." She added randomly as she stared up into the night sky at the stars.

Zaos just smiles as he hears Nadia " when your alone long enough , you find someway to entertain your self. " He says before chuckling . Zaos looks at her when he hears Nadia explain about her mother " sorry for your lost" he puts his charm away . After a few minutes Shadow appears from the forest and walks up to Zaos . He smiles and rubs the top of her nose " whats wrong girl" Shadow pushes her nose into Zaos head "ahh you big baby" He says petting her. Shadow looks up at Nadia and her wolf before taking a few steps back. Zaos smirks " relax shadow " The horse turns around and walks back off into the forest . Zaos just chuckles before looking back at Nadia " thats shadow .. she was my wife's horse "

"I suppose so." She answers him. Then she seen as His horse appeared. She watched as Zaos interacted with her. "She's a beautiful horse." Nadia compliments. She then stared off into the fire as she begins to get lost in her thoughts.

Zaos could not help but stare as the moonlight shines upon Nadias face. the way it reflected off of her gold hair . He turns away with a smile on his face " when i was a youngling .. i remember when the houndo king would visit mirkwood , he would always bring his youngest daughter along, i thought she was one of the most radiant girl i have ever gazed upon .. i always wondered if all the houndo woman shared the same beauty" He looks up into into the sky " i think i have finally found my answer"

• Love
Nadia was brought out of her thoughts when she heard Zaos begin to speak. She was at a loss for words when she heard what he had said, but of course he didn't know who she was, but she kept it to herself, it didn't matter anymore because that was long ago, those days were long since passed. She flushed slightly, and spoke in a soft voice "My memory of those times are faint now.... but, I remember my father would bring me to Mirkwood, Rivendell, Lothlórien, and and Gondolin with my older brothers." she smiled. "I used to always keep to myself, and I would sneak away in the night to lay and gaze into the Stars... because when I was very young, my father would take me, and we would gaze into the sky, and he would tell me stories... about how they were the spirits of our ancestors and loved ones.." she trailed off. "Sometimes I catch myself looking up at them, hoping to find some comfort... but then I remember that it was all just a child's fairy tale that my father used to tell me." she smiled sadly at the memories as she took a glance up into the sky. After a moment she sighed before slightly pushing herself up. "Excuse me." she gave Zaos a small smile as she turned to walk away, "I'll be back." she spoke as Ka'rok glanced at her, tilting his head to the side questioningly. "Stay." she ordered him. Ka'rok turned and looked to Zaos as he laid his head down onto his paws.

Zaos tilts his head and looks at smirking " fairy tails you say? have you ever herd the story of the king and the elven goddess ? " He watches as Nadia stands up and excuses her self. He smiles " then i must be a fairy tail my self" Zaos says to her as she walks away. He was referring his self to the old folk story about an Elf who fell in love with a human . " sometimes you must look harder to see what is hidden" He says to her just before she gets further away. He looks back at the fire still smiling " i pray you find peace lady nadia" Zaos says as he stares into the flames.

Nadia stops in her tracks as Zaos speak, and turns to look at him. "No, I haven't." she states as she stares at him. When he tells her he hopes she finds peace, she softly replies, "You too, Zaos." before turning slowly and walking up and towards the clearing further up the hill. She reached it, and was able to see the camp still to the right down below. She sat on the rock as she rested one of her arms on her knee. She found herself staring back down at the camp, and to Zaos for a moment before reaching down the rim of her top as she pulled out a silver chain with a pendant on it. She held it in her fingers as she looked at it. Running her thumb over it.

$_35.JPG

She sighed as she gripped it in her fists and thought of her mother, father, brothers, and all of her people as she stared up at the stars. "If only I could find peace.." she whispered before releasing the charm and letting it fall down as it hung back around her neck. She laid back and continued to stare at the night sky.

After a few hours Zaos began to close his eyes only to have them shoot open from a noise off in the distance. He scans the area while he stands up slowly taking his bow in his hand. He follows the noise only to find a cliff a few feet away from the camp. He looks off the cliff before stepping back quickly " no" He turns back and quickly begins punting out the fire. " get your master " He orders Nadias wolf. he turns his head back in the direction of the cliff " the Nazgul are close" Zaos continues to put the fire out.

Ka'rok quickly pushes himself up on all 4's as he rushes after Nadia. He finds her asleep, and approaches her as he uses his head to nudge her. "Nadia!" he growls, "You must wake up." she groans as she opens her eyes. "What is it, Ka'rok?" she blows as she shuts her eyes again. "The elf, he says the Nazgul are closeby." her eyes shoot open as she pushes herself onto one of her knees as she stares off into the distance. With her elf eyes, she gasped as she could see 4 black cloaked riders approaching the area where they were staying. Ka'rok turns his body slightly, "Get on, quickly." she doesn't hesitate as she grips onto his back, clutching her fists onto his fur, he uses his head to help push her up onto his back as he hurries back to the camp.

They return to find the fire has been put out, and she jumps off of Ka'rok's back onto the ground. "I spotted 4 of them. I know not where the other 5 are." she speaks quietly to Zaos. "Out of the 4 I seen, the Witch King is among them." she quickly glances at the children who are still sleeping. "They are heading right in our direction. We need to move and fast." she states.

Zaos had just finished putting out the fire when Nadia had just arrived. His horse was already standing next to him. He looks at the children and thinks. He looks up at Nadia " take the children and ride for lake town" He says to Nadia before he takes his robe from the children and wakes them. He begins putting on his robe " make haste " He says as he jumps on Shadow . He looks at Nadia " im going to lead them away... do not turn back.... no matter what you hear " Zaos pulls his mask over his mouth and nods at Nadia " ill catch up"

Nadia was about to object, but nods her head at Zaos as she hurries to get the children on her horse. "Tira ten' rashwe! Quel marth." (Be careful! Good luck) she mounts the horse with the children, as she gives Zaos one last glance before she commands her horse to go, Ka'rok stands still as he stares at Zaos, before turning and beginning to follow after Nadia.

She continues forwards for a moment before calling to Ka'rok who is now running directly next to her at the same pace. "I want you to go back and stay close to him, in case he needs help. Stay in the shadows, and keep low." she commands, he doesn't asnwer as he runs in a u-turn, heading back towards the direction of Zaos and the Nazgul.

Zaos takes off into the forest and rides towards the coming Nazgul . It takes only takes Minutes for Zaos to spot the 4 black riders. He fires off his arrow as he rushes closer to them. The Nazgul Screeches as He deflects the arrow with ease. As they inch closer Zaos leaps from shadow and runs along the tree branches before leaping to the side of the Nazgul that was closest to him. He fires off another arrow and clutches on to Shadows saddle as she ran past them. The 4 began to stop and turn around to face Zaos who was now behind them. The Nazgul removes the arrow from its shoulder and brakes it in one hand before screeching again. Zaos watches at them with his bow drawn " i the sindarin price will not allow you filth to corrupt these lands" He says knowing it will get there attention . He fires another arrow which is deflected by the witch king " thrauk durb" the king demands in black speech. Causing The other riders to rush at Zaos who was already riding off.

• Love
Nadia continued to ride towards Lake town, the children were clutching eachother closely as they were crying. "Do not worry children, we are not far now from the town." she tries to soothe them, but then she suddenly hears the sound of a horse running near her, then in the corner of her eye she sees an all black figure easing in closer to her. She gasps when she realizes it is another of the Nazgul. She gasps and turns her head to look as she sees another running out from the darkness of the forest. Her eyes widen. "Asca!" (Hurry) she shouts to her house as she cracks at the reigns. The 2 Nazgul begin to screech at her as the children are now crying harder. "Miss Nadia, there's another!" the boy shouts as he points on the other side, she turns her head to see 1 more on the opposite side pursuing them. "Hold tightly!" she shouts as she hands the boy the reigns, she quickly takes hold of her bow as she fires at each of the Nazgul, the arrows having no effect. Realizing her arrows would not work she turned back around and took hold of the reigns once again as she hurried towards the forest in front of her, she began to chant in elvish, once she made it to the forest, almost as soon as she crossed into the forest, the trees roots shot up from the ground and wound together, blocking the path from the Nazgul at the last moment. Their screams echoed around her. She continued but then she could sense another Nazgul is close, but she did not know where. Suddenly her horse halted and raised up on his hind legs as he neighed. Nadia gasps as she tries to gain control, she shouts trying to calm her horse, and looks up into the distance as she notices another of the Nazgul, standing there, staring at her, giving a long hiss as he tilted his head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zaos rides through rides through the forest with the Nazgul on his trail. He turns to see only three was behind him. " wh.." The witch king rushes from the brush that was on the right of Zaos with its blade at the ready. Zaos ducks the blade but falls from Shadow and rolls on the ground. "damit " He says as he stands back up. He looks at Shadow "GO!" He yells urging her to keep running. The black riders begin to surround him speaking in the black speech. Zaos pulls his wifes charm as he eyes the king. The witch king unmouts its horse and walks up to Zaos. He begins to use black speech " death is upon you " The king says raising his sword. Zaos whistles before he holds up the charm which creates a bright light that shines through the forest . The Nazgul cover there faces as Zaos holds out his hand to catch Shadows saddle as she rushes by. The king thrusts his blade forward only grazing Zoas shoulder as he rides away. After a few minutes of riding he manages to loose them . " He looks at his shoulder and takes a deep breath before ordering Shadow to run faster in the direction of lake town.​

Reactions: Harlequinn
Status
Not open for further replies.