Little Town in Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aidan's leg was hurting a lot by the time they got back to where they had already been but he just gritted his teeth, he knew he had to carry Dom because there was no way he could get himself sorted or that Terri would be able to carry him.
As they re-entered the office Adian watched as Terri made room for Dom.
He laid the kid down and moved out of the way so he wasn't any bother to Terri while she sorted things out.

Dom's eyes were still closed and breathing heavily without opening his eyes he slowly said "Yes........Demon...........Thanks.........you............guys". With that said he used up the last of his energy and promptly passed out.

Terriana glanced over to Aidan with a look of worry and concern that seemed to be more than her average nurse's concern, she could tell that his leg was hurting him. She wanted to help him but she needed to help the man in front of her first. She had already placed the supplies beside him when he began to speak. She was about to cut the skin above his scratch when Dom became unconscious, her eyes widened and she started to move much quicker. She swiftly sliced above the infected area and pressed down around it so more blood and the poison would come out. It was much better when it was a leg or arm or an appendage like that because she would be able to simply tie something around it so he wouldn't loose too much blood but because it was his cheek she had to be extra careful. After a moment she stopped applying pressure to it and grabbed a cloth, moving to the sink to run it under water then came back and carefully cleaned the blood away, having to brush some of the hair out of his face because it would get stuck.

Adian saw Terri's look of concern for him but he just waved it away "I'll be fine" he said with a mock of a smile as he watched as Terri set to work he hated to just be standing around while she done everything she could to help Dom, "Ah is there anything i can do?" He asked as she returned to Dom.

Caitlin skittered down the street and whipped around corners as she got closer to where she needed to go. She pulled a key out of her pocket and opened the door up before slipping inside. The shop she was in had so many books that it should be considered a library. When the town was not faced with constant peril Caitlin used to come here all the time while her mother was in the pharmacy next door. Quickly she disappeared among the aisles and went to where she had last been looking. Suddenly she heard a far off sound of a demon and jumped back roughly. A shelf that had been right behind her toppled backwards causing a loud thump to be made. "Darn it!" She glanced around. Nothing seemed to be nearby but she wasn't sure and more than that she really didn't want to leave just yet. Quickly she moved into a different aisle and sat down so she couldn't be seen as easily.

Terriana looked over to Aidan doubtfully as she finished bandaging Dom's cheek and her gaze went to his leg. She opened her mouth to tell him to sit down and rest but closed it, knowing he'd probably not and instead want to help. "Um… Could you help m-" She was cut off by the loud crash from next door. Her eyes were wide as she looked at Aidan. "W-what was that….?" She asked so quietly it was almost a whisper. Usually people didn't come into the shops along here unless they had to but next door was a library so the possibility of it being human was low in her mind which just left a demon being in there. Terriana swallowed nervously and didn't dare move.

"I sense Fear" Bob said in a slight tune. Zorack and Bob was not far away from the book shop. "Guide the way then Bob" Zorack told Bob, they ran quickly and stopped outside the bookshop. Bob's head was looking at the bookshop and the place next door.
Bob whispered "Zacky I can't tell which one".
Whispering back "Come on you moron we have surprise here we don't want to smash the wrong one up and let them get away"
"I know Zacky"
"Plus we need to get back to base very soon we haven't got long"
They walked to each of the buildings and tried to look into the windows but couldn't see anything so they waited outside on the street for now.

Adian jumped slightly at the noise that came through the wall when Terri asked him what it was he shrugged his shoulders "I have no idea but I will go and have a look." With that he walked away from where he was standing slowly he could see a shadow outside oh s**t he thought when he saw the shadow had two heads, walking back to where Terri and Dom was he looked up "I think we may have a slight problem....................There is a Demon outside but I'am sure that noise was what attracted it to us so I think there is someone next door?................... I have an Idea" Aidan knew there was a few back alleys along behind where they were now and he was sure it lead to next door and if it did he may just be able to get in through the back to see who was in the library." Aidan explained his idea to Terri as he would need to know if there was indeed a back door out of here "So what do you think?"

Terriana bit her lip, she still wasn't sure if what caused the noise next door was human so she didn't want Aidan to have to go alone but she knew she had to find and fix any other injuries Dom had. After a moment she sighed and nodded, a determined look on her face, if he needed help she would be able to hear it and could go help. "Yeah, we have a back door, I have to use it sometimes when I come to get supplies at night." She explained as she led the way behind the counter and to the back room then to the door. "It should be able to lead to all the other buildings so you can find whoever is in the library. Just please be careful, your leg is still hurt and if you push it, it'll take much longer to heal. And that demon is out front so don't attract him back to you." She said worriedly.

Aidan followed Terri with a quite determination he knew he was in no real state to be having a fight with the demon but he couldn't let anyone else get hurt. Once they where at the back door Adian smiled "Hey don't worry i have had worse, remember I'am the bad boy of the town." With that he winked at Terri and walked out carefully with his blade in his hand.
Once he was out he could hear more noise and kept as quite as possible and started to head for the library, never before had he been so glad about knowing his way around the backs of most places due to having to run from the cops and others from time to time. Inching his way along the wall and staying in the shadows he noticed the back door to the library it looked like a thick metal rather then a normal door damn it if i knock the demon will hear and that wont help he thought as he looked around and noticed a window not very big he would never get in through it but maybe the person inside could get out of it.
Moving the two bin's just under the window so he could stand on them he climbed gritting his teeth as his leg protested at being used to soon, but he got up with as little noise as he could. Once there he pushed the window open a bit more and as quiet as he could but loud enough for someone to hear he called in to the what looked like an empty building. "Hey, who's in there are you one of the good ones or a bad one?" He knew it was a stupid question but what else could he say. Then he remembered the demon, "Oh and by the way there is a Demon out front" and waited for the reply.

Caitlin heard the demon's out front and cursed. Her actions had drawn it's attention and she now had to either wait it out or escape an other way. Her thoughts were suddenly broken when she heard someone call out. It was a male she knew that, and she could tell it was a human. She quickly started moving to the back of the shop where the voice sounded from, being careful to stay hidden. When she got close enough so she could talk softly and be heard she replied. "A good one, if you mean to ask if I am human. I heard the demon thanks for the warning though." She moved a bit more so that she was a bit closer to the window and could be seen by the man calling in.

Aidan visibly relaxed he hadn't realised he had been holding his breath "Yeah that's what i mean, glad your human" he said with a smile when he saw the young girl in as quite a voice as he could "Is there anything you can stand on to make you a bit taller I can help you get out this way, Terri is next door looking after Dom his been attacked badly by some demon scum" Aidan recognised Caitlin but was sure she had no idea who he was as he was quite a bit older than her "By the way my name is Aidan, Aidan O'Sullivan my father is the town postman" He knew she may of heard of his name it was a small town and people talked but he hoped that she would trust him enough so he could help her out.

A blush came onto her cheeks at his wink but Terriana still looked at him still with some doubt, she knew he must have gotten into a lot of fights but he hadn't been poisoned by a demon before, that she could tell. She sighed and shut the door after him then rushed back to Dom, she knew there must be something wrong with his legs because he wasn't walking and the poison didn't get far enough along that it would infect his legs that much. She approached the man on the counter and bit her lip, unsure how she should go about this to be the least awkward. Her face set, Terriana started to roll up one of Dom's pant legs when she felt that his ankle was very swelled. Her eyebrows furrowed and she softly pulled his shoe and sock off. Her eyes widened a little, his ankle was clearly broken. She took a deep breath and looked back at Dom's face, grateful he was not conscious because this was going to hurt a whole lot. "I'm sorry…" She still whispered to him then placed her hands around the break and in one swift movement she jammed it back into place, wincing slightly at the sound of the bones, glad it was just a clean break.

Last edited by a moderator:
She immediately started looking for a box or two but paused momentarily when he said his name. Caitlin didn't pause in fear but shock. His name was known to her, but only because her mum was always complaining with her friends about him starting fights. How he was acting now did not remind her of the rumors she had heard. She shook her head briefly and kept moving, "I have heard your name before I think..." she broke off as she found two boxes that she pushed over to where the window was and climbed onto them. The boxes were tall enough that when she stood the ledge was just a little bit below her eyes. She sighed lightly, "I really can't wait to get a bit taller..."

"They've calmed down Zacky" Bob unhappily said. "There in one of them doors, Bob let's just bash one open and hope for the best". They were never the patent of demons which usually cause them more trouble than its worth. Bob smiled and Zorack grinned at the notion of just smashing stuff. "But which door should we choose" Zorack thought aloud. They both suddenly pointed at both doors so Bob looked at Zorack and said "Let's split up". Zorack frowned at Bob and rubbed his head agitated. "You know what flip your coin Bob as I know you like it"

Bob started to laugh loudly and grabbed his coin and grabbed his coin which was hiding behind his ear and flipped it high "Heads Library". The coin went high and it was a good flip. Bob grabbed it as it fell and looked at it.................

As Bob and Zorack looked at it, it was Tails, they smiled and charged threw the door and smashed it clean off. Unfortunately for Bob and Zorack they smashed the door harder than expected and a large beam knocked Zorack on the head which made them fall to the ground. Zorack passed out with the blow leaving Bob. Bob look at the beam which is above them then at Zorack then he saw the unconscious boy and the girl. Bob tried to get up but he never had to use both sides of the body. Bob started by clenching his fingers. "Hey up kids just you wait there I'll come and get you in minute". Bob had to get moving before they get away

As Bob was trying to work his other side of the body more rubble started to fall.

Terriana jumped and spun around quickly, letting out a short scream when she heard the door suddenly be smashed open. In the doorway stood one of the demons or was it two? Either way, it couldn't move but was going to and she wasn't about to do what it said and stay where she was. The only thing wrong with this was the fact that Dom couldn't move. She turned to Dom and quickly draped his arm around her shoulders so her attempts to carry him would be easier. She pulled him from the counter but once he was off it he fell the the ground and pulled her with him. "Crap, crap, crap…" She muttered and closed her eyes as she strained back up and tried her best to drag Dom out through the back but was moving very slowly due to the extra weight. "Aidan!" She shouted in the hope that he could come and help her get Dom out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aidan couldn't help the smirk as Caitlin complained about her height "You will one day but lets see what we can do" with that Aidan put his blade down on the bin next to his feet "Right I'am going to put my arms through the window and around under your arms so we can get you out of there ok?" He wanted to make sure she was ok with him doing it before he did. He may be a bad guy but he still had respect for most people.

Caitlin looked at him and nodded, "Alright, sounds like a plan." She paused when she heard someone scream for Aidan, her eyes widened as she figured out what was going on. "I think the demon got tired of waiting. Go! It won't be focusing on the front door. I will go out that way and see if I can distract it some how." Hurriedly she hopped off of the boxes and ran towards the front of the shop before he could tell her anything. She picked up and encyclopedia and quickly outside and then chucked it at the demon with two heads. It hit it with a loud thump and she hoped it would turn its attention to her.

"Crap" Was all Aidan could think as Caitlin run off, he too had heard his name being called "Double Crap, what the hell is going on tonight" he said to himself as he jumped of the bin "S**t god damn leg" he said as the pain spiked through his body, but he ran as best as he could back to Terri.
As he made it to the door he gave it a push thank you for not locking it he thought as he walked through he saw Terri trying to carry Dom "Here give him to me, the person who was next door was Caitlin she has now run off in hope to get the demon to chase her somewhere else" Aidan had hold of Dom and the adrenaline had kicked in so his leg was forgotten as there walked out the back "Come on let's get out of here" he said pushing Terri in front of him.

Terriana's eyes widened when the back door opened, her thought immediately going to it being another demon, the fear from the first making her mind go to the worst possibility so she let out a sigh of relief when it was Aidan. "Thank god." She said quietly then She transferred Dom over to him to carry. She then held the door open for Aidan to get out the back also before going to the front and letting his words register. "Wait, little Caitlin? She distracting that thing?" That creature would tear her apart in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.