Lewi and TorTracyn

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Drustan smiled at her. "Time to relax for the evening, I think." He said happily. "Do you read?" He asked, prefering the question to asking her if she could read.

She smiled and nodded. "I do actually." She spoke to him with a smile. "I read quite a bit." She spoke.

"Oh, good." He smiled and stood up. "Would you care to retire to the library with me then?" He asked, offering her his hand.

Kieara smiled and got up gently taking his hand. "Of course, that sounds wonderful."

Drustan took her arm and walked up towards his library. It was a large room with a fireplace, a few comfortable places to sit, and floor to ceiling shelves filled with books. He set his drink down on a small table and went to find himself a book.

Kieara smiled following suit. She'd never seen so many books. She chose a nice fantasy novel.

That evening and the next month passed in a similar fashion. She tended the garden, he did whatever it was he had to do to keep his land running smoothly, he hunted, and he slowly opened up more and more towards her. By the next month, she had him laughing and smiling almost every day.

Kieara loved him very much. But she was far too shy to make the first move about it. She was currently tending the garden. She had become so much happier since being with him and looked like any day she may pop.

Drustan was in the house, making sure things were getting done. He seemed to have a lot of work in the house to do today, but nothing terrible.

Kieara smiled while she tended the garden. She smiled sweetly as she looked up. She heard something at the gate and went to look. When she reached the gate and stepped outside she frowned. There was an angry bunch of townspeople standing there brandishing clubs, pitchforks, torches, and buckets and baskets filled with stones. Her eyes widened and she began to shake. She knew what was coming. Kieara was paralyzed with fear. she couldn't make herself move. Tears dripped down her face her blue eyes wide as she cried with shakey breath. She shook violently unable to move just yet. The townspeople edged closer. This was just like in the last town that he'd saved her from. "GET HER!" A man screamed. She jerked when he screamed at her and ran as quick as she could towards the door inside. She wasn't very fast though with the extra weight. A few of the towns men grabbed her trying to restrain her but she jerked free. The towns people came between her and the door She screamed and tried to go the other way, but they'd surrounded her. She began to back up and they started throwing stones at her. She fell onto the ground and tried her best to curl around her stomach to at least protect her baby as she took the beating they gave her and the stones. They left her a crumpled bloody bruised mess on the ground when they finally relented. Her temple and face was busted and bleeding and so were her arms as well as bearing harsh bruises. She shook and cried on the ground in pain.

Drustan had heard the commotion outside and was heading down when the men got through the gates. The guards tried to stop them, but there were too many of them and too few guards. Of course, the guards yelled for backup and more guards ran forward, pushing the men back and surrounding the young woman and shielding her from rocks or anything else they had to throw.

Drustan ran out shortly after the rocks stopped flying. "What the hell is going on?!" He asked, shouting to be heard over the mob. "What are you doing on my land!?" He threw his sheathe off his sword as he advanced on the crowd. "Get the fuck out before I have all of you jailed!"

Kieara just lay there for some reason in immense pain. She cried out gripping her stomach. Her water had broken and the baby was coming.

One of the guards looked down at her and frowned. "Sir Rolvsson!"

Drustan screamed, letting out a terrible, blood curdling, terrifying scream that sent the peasants running. He stormed up to the ring of guards. "What?!"

"The baby, sir...."

The color drained from the knight's face and he looked down. "Get the midwife." He said, looking up at the guard. "Get the midwife, double the guard posts. NOW!" He pushed past him and picked up Kieara. "Hold on..." He said, hurrying her back into the house and into her bedroom. He put her down on the bed and sat on the edge, holding her hand. "Kieara, the midwife's on her way..."

Kieara jerked on the ground at his scream. She was starting to go into shock. She felt like everything was in slow motion. She knew better though. She gripped him as he packed her inside and held her hand. She frowned tears falling down her bloody face. She cried out as a contraction hit. "D-Drustan I'm scared..."

Drustan smiled at her. "It's fine. You're alright." He reached up, putting his hand to her cheek. "The midwife is wonderful. She delivered my first child and was...was supposed to deliver my second..." He looked away for a second, then back to her, forcing a smile. "You're fine. I promise."

It made her heart hurt when she saw the look in his eye. He was still caught up on the last woman. She wouldn't be able to stand up to that. After a long painful labor a baby boy was born to her. He was beautiful but he was born dead. Kieara fell back on the bed unknowing and exhausted and fainted.

Drustan stayed in the room with her, insisting on it when the midwife tried to kick him out. He held the baby and looked down at him, frowning. He shook his head and sighed, looking over at Kieara. He sat down on the edge of the bed by Kieara's head. "Kieara...you did so well..." he said softly. He shifted the baby in his arms and reached out, stroking her hair gently. "I...I'm sorry..."

Kieara was unconscious. She was so tired and sickly. The still child looked like his mother. He had her auburn hair as well as her blue eyes behind his closed lids.

He sighed and looked down at the baby again, gently stroking the boy's tuft of hair. He loved the boy...there was no other way to say it...But, eventually, he had to give the child to the midwife and go wash himself up. After that, he sent some guards out to the town to arrest every single man that they had seen throwing stones and charge them with murder and attempted murder.

Kieara woke after about three hours. She looked around finding no baby. She sat up slowly in pain. She held her much smaller stomach. She spoke. "Drustan?"