Lewi and TorTracyn

He smiled and looked down at her try of food. He scooped up some mashed potatoes and held them out to her. "What's something you've wanted to do but couldn't because you were pregnant? I've got a fully stocked wine cellar..."

Kieara smiled and gently took the spoon. She ate it and nibbled on the food. She'd spent the majority of her pregnant just trying to survive so she didn't know how to answer. "I don't really know."

Drustan nodded and glanced towards the window, then back at her. "Maybe I'll carry you down to the wine cellar later." He smiled. "You can pick something out or we can just sit down there, tasting..."

She smiled. "Id like that." She soon finished her food and pushed it aside.

He set the tray aside for her and smiled. "How are you feeling?" He asked softly. "Are you in pain?"

She looked up at him and listened. "I am a bit. I'll be alright though." She spoke to him. She glanced out the window.

He nodded. "The midwife got you all cleaned up while you slept. Clean nightgown and sheets and all that..." He ran his fingers through his hair as he watched her. "I brought you some more fantasy novels, too." He said, nodding towards them. "I didn't know how long you'd be staying in bed."

She smiled as he spoke. "You'll have to tell her I said thank you. I'll have plenty of time to read them I am sure." She let her blue eyes look into his. She could get lost in them so easily.

He smiled back at her. "I did. Paid her well....same ammount I was going to pay her ten years ago." He shrugged and reached over to hold her hand. "I know there's nothing I can do to ease your pain after such a loss...but...I want you to know I'm here and I understand and I care."

Kieara smiled at his words. "Thank you...I will make it up to you somehow." She then heard his last comment. "You don't know how much that means Drustan."

"Kieara, you don't owe me anything. Honestly, I probably owe you. You've given me my life back." He said, tears starting to brim his eyes even if he was blind out of one of them. His scarred face seemed softer than it had been since she met him. She had slowly chisseled away at the block of ice around his heart and he was able to feel again. And for that, he knew he owed her his life.

Kieara spoke. "I've given you your life back? How did I do that Drustan?" she asked softly. She didn't understand how this was such a big deal. All she did was fill in the role of a house wife. If you could call it that.

"Before you, I did the work I needed to and...nothing else. It was hard to get out of bed in the morning. I took assignments that kept me away from home and fighting and hoping I'd...that I'd lose."

Her eyes turned serious. "Drustan don't ever say that.....There's nothing in this life worth wishing for death over." She spoke but then felt like a hypocrite. She wished it herself with the heartbreak she was experiencing.

He nodded. "I know...I know that now...even the worst of pain comes to an end..." He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Plus, it's hard to stop winning." He smirked, trying to lighten the mood a little.

Kieara giggled a little at that one. She thought it was funny. She smiled and spoke. "Well, I don't know much about it so i'll take your word."

He smiled. "I hope you never have to learn anything about fighting like I do....though, I would be more than happy to teach you how to defend yourself, once you're all healed."

Kieara smiled. "I'd like that Drustan." she leaned in and kissed his cheek softly. She was taking a chance, but she couldn't stand to hold her feelings anymore.

Drustan made no move to stop her. He just smiled and blushed a little as she pulled back. He reached up and stroked her cheek. "Alright. As soon as you're healed, then."

Kieara blushed and looked down. "Alright then." she spoke.