Lewi and TorTracyn

Drustan hurried into the room, looking tired and stressed and...well...just about like he looked when she first met him. He walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed, taking her hand. "Hey, lie down...you need to rest..."

Kieara frowned noticing that. She spoke. "Drustan where's the baby?" She lay down. "What's wrong? Please tell me.."

"He didn't make it...I'm sorry...it isn't anything you did...it was the stoning...I'm so sorry, Kieara...he was a very handsome boy..."

Kieara was hurt. After all the hell she went through it still didn't matter...he was gone. She closed her eyes tightly as tears fell down. She gripped drustans hand needing comfort.

Drustan pulled her into his lap. "I am so sorry..." He said, rocking her gently, holding her close. "I...I'm jailing every man I can that was involved in that. They'll all be tried for murder..." Of course, that did mean most of the town's population would be hung...maybe he'd just hang a few...maybe he'd just find the instigator and a few of his friends and hang them publicly in the center of town. Yeah. That sounded like a good idea. Much better than hanging the whole damn town.

Kieara just nodded softly and buried her face into his neck. She frowned and spoke. "I-I can't believe that he's gone..." She spoke.

"I know...me either..." He sighed. "I'll...I..." He frowned. He couldn't do anything about it...he couldn't just fix this problem. He had no idea what to do besides holding her. "At least you aren't..."

Kieara just held onto him. "Yeah....." She spoke softly. She longed for someone who loved her to hold her and just tell her it would be okay. She knew that Drustan could never love her. She was nowhere near good enough.

"I don't think I could handle it if I lost you, too." He whispered softly, not really sure why he was saying it, but he was sure as hell saying it. He knew he was right though. He couldn't handle it. He lost so many people he cared about, he couldn't handle two more.

"Stop that." He said, shifting her so he could look her in the eye. "Right now. Don't say that again. You are the kindest soul I have ever met, Kieara. You've reminded me of the values I swore to uphold."

Kieara looked up at him sadly. Why would he say something like that? Despite what she believed she only nodded. Then came into terms what she knew would happen next. There was no baby for her to rear. He'd given her shelter here until the child was old enough to make it with just her and it. But now she was all alone again. "I....As soon as I heal enough....I will get out of your hair..."

"No." He said firmly. "You aren't going anywhere." He reached up, stroking her cheek. "You have nowhere to go. You're safe here. So you're staying here....I enjoy having you around, Kieara."

Kieara smiled softly. "I enjoy being around Drustan, but think of what it will look like. The two of us living in a house with no relationship but a friendly one?"

Drustan sighed. "You should rest." He said, not ready to admit his feelings yet. He needed to make sure he was right about them first. He didn't want to promise her anything he couldn't keep.

Kieara sighed and just lay back staring at the ceiling. That proved her point. That night she made a decision. She couldn't bear to love someone who didn't love her back. She'd lost her daughter and no one would have a woman who had already been taken. She knew all she'd have to do is drink a cup of warm milk with cinnamon. She was allergic.

Drustan milled about the house for a few hours, trying to wrap his head around everything that he was feeling. It had been 10 years. His wife and kids were dead. Maybe it was just time to move on. At dinner time, he walked up to her room with a tray of food and sat it on the bedside table. He sat down on the edge of her bed and reached over, rubbing her arm. "Hey, Kieara...I brought you dinner..."

Kieara turned to look over at him. She spoke. "Thanks...." She seemed devoid of all emotion and immersed in depression. She was seriously contemplating her plan.

He helped her sit up and put the tray in her lap. "I really want you to stay with me, Kieara. I don't care what everyone else thinks about it....Aside from today...with...with the..." He glanced around the room a little. "Well, aside from today..." He looked down, putting his hand on top of hers. "You've managed to make me really happy."

Kieara smiled softly at his words. "I'm glad you think so darli- I mean....drustan." She blushed at her slip up looking away.