Lethal Reword - Tatters of the Fourth Wall

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Zu's stomach moaned again and this time it hurt more than the first half a dozen times. Resolved to come back for Michael she grabbed a cloak and headed toward the door. She waited just a moment before opening. Sighing Zu knew that he was out and would be for another couple hours at best.

Closing the door softly she left the room and made her way down stairs toward all the noise. She avoided most eye contact and sat at small table nearest the kitchen. A woman came over and smiled at her.

"Care to eat then? Well all we have is stew this late.."

Zu gave the woman a nod and the woman left her alone to get it. It was roudy down here and full of movement and strong smells of all kinds. Maybe she would take the food to her room if they let her. She was sure Michael might wake up at the smell of food or be sick by it. Better not make him sick she thought. She would just have to cope with the overwhelming mix of animal and man for now. The stew arrived and a small loaf of bread. The woman smiled once more and set the food down.

"best eat fast love, lots of bruts in here tonight, then again looks like you might be able to take them." she winked and touched Zu on the arm before returning to the other tables.

Zu wasnt use to contact and looked at her arm after the woman left. She stared at it like it might change color or something. It was an odd sensation but her hungry yanked her attention away and she started to eat. Her manors were a bit off as she ate with vigor. A few men noticed but said nothing as she shoved stew and bread into her mouth. Crumbs everywhere but she didnt care.

Bolas, after misplacing various things around the guardhouse of the dungeons out of revenge for imprisoning such a brilliant mind, headed outside, remembering to keep his gaze lowered, so as not to envoke the wrath of the not-so-existent moon. Whistling a little tune to himself as best he could with lizard lips and twirling his scythe, he headed off to the tavern to look for someone with plans, any plans. Opening the door to the bar, the first two people he spotted were his colleagues from the dungeon. Stowing his scythe on his back, he took a seat next to the one called Vagre, ignoring the numerous staring eyes. " 'Ello mates. Care ta buy a frien' a drink 'r two? Oh, an' 'fore I's fergits, is either o' ya's plannin' on movin' out o' dis 'ere town any time soon?"

"Yup, my dear jail-mate here is right, we want a quest. Or at least we want to know where we can find other PCs who are already on a quest. Plot or subquest, we do it all," Vagre immediately added.

The bartender simply nodded and shrugged, and let Vagre know he's listening, but isn't yet ready to divulge anything. Was it because the GM wasn't controlling him at the moment, and he doesn't know anything? Or perhaps he's being purposively silent, but for what? Faramond thought about these things while he stared at his now empty beer bottle.

"How much for another beer?" Vagre asked, breaking the silence between them. By now, the bartender has left them to attend to the other customers. Faramond looked at Vagre and shrugged his shoulders. "Let's ask the bartender once he comes back...." Faramond said as he scanned the entire tavern for the bartender.

Faramond was so occupied in looking for the bartender that he didn't notice the arrival of Bolas, that strange guy from prison. "'Ello mates. Care ta buy a frien' a drink 'r two? Oh, an' 'fore I's fergits, is either o' ya's plannin' on movin' out o' dis 'ere town any time soon?" Bolas said. Faramond wasn't too sure about what Bolas was saying, as his accent was a bit nonstandard.

Faramond looked at Bolas with furrowed eyebrows and a confused expression. "Huh?" was all he can say. At the very least, he was sure it can be understood in any language.

Zu was done with her meal and thanks the woman as she took away her dishes. Looking around the room Zu thought she knew some men near the counter but wasnt really ready to hang around with them. Something in her told her to get back to Michael. Worried that she had been gone to long she ran back upstairs snagging a water jug and glass on her way to the room. Once inside she sighed and looked at his sleeping form. Happy to see he was okay she set the jug and glass down and then walked over to check on him more closely. She touched his head, he was still warm but perhaps too warm. She wasnt sure.

"Michael? ah.. you okay.. hey say something.."

Michael snoring stopped instantly and his bloodshot eyes snapped open as Zu spoke, rolling off the bed and springing from the tangle of sheets, his arms snapping up to a fighting position and he faced the doorway
"Wass appnin, wh-eres the badguys" he uttered, still groggy and not quite awake though s he stepped forwards his foot prssed against his chainmail shirt, the cold metal jolting him further into awakedness.
"oh" he uttered, stooping to pick up the chainmail shirt, placing it on the bed whilst he searched for his undershirt
"So whats up?" he asked as he sifted through the bedsheets to find his shirt.

Zu tried not to laugh as he got up so quickly and then wanted to fight. "Ah.. I think some others have gathered at the bar, but well I didnt want to go down alone.." her voice trailed off as she walked to the window and looked out. "the food is good, Ive .. Ive already eaten" Looking out the window Zu seemed distance as the tried to give him some space to get dressed.

"y'allright" Michael said, emerging grinning, almost fully dressed, though he was not wearing his boots, adn was muttering under his breath as he looked for them

"I coulda sworn i was wearing these" he laughed as he found them, pulling the leather jackboots onto his feet.
"right, lets go get some grub n' some grog!" Michael gestured for Zu to follow him as he walked towards the door, leaving his Glaive in the room, though he made sure to lock the door after he and the Dragonborn had let the room, more out of habit than concious thought.

When the two reached the lower level of the tavern, it was not as bustling as it had been some hours previous, but it was still populated, though now there were more 'Adventurers' than townspeople.

The mage and his apprentice had just recently stopped with the performances, and the Tavern's ambient nosie had died down to quiet conversations, except for the bar, where he presumed his comrades were seated, if only by teh state of their dress.

the Human fighter strode up to them, slapping a thick hand onto Bolas and Vagre's backs

"What took you bastards so long? and speaking of time wasting, you seen Roxy, Nerusai, Kat or that pretty local chick? i'm thinking we cant spend the rest of our lives in this bar getting pissed, great as that may be" Michael slipped a few copper coins to the Bartender as he spoke the man returning with a medium sized glass of amber liquid, which Michael sipped at slowly, a look of intense concentration coming over him
"hmm, looks like scotch, tastes like scotch" Michael used his free hand to pat the top of his chest gently
"and it even burns like scotch, bugger me with a bayonet, this isnt so bad, is it lads!" Michael said, before turning his gaze back to meet his bemused freinds
"now, like i said, you dudes seen the others?"

Zu watched the men with a keen eye. She didnt drink before her tumble into the rabbit hole and wasnt about to start now. The place was full of questionable faces and some were glaring at her with utter hate. It took everything she had to not rip them limb from limb. Her sick and twisted thoughts pulled her attention away as she thought of different men hanging from their selected body parts from the rafters. The blood and the screaming and crying. Zu shook her head trying to shake the disterbing thoughts away. Closing her eyes she rubbing her neck she wondered why the hell would she think such savage thoughts.

As the night goes on, many things happened - Kat got her dress, the jail-broken group got themselves into a drunken brawl with a good deal of NPC's - though it was rather lighthearted, and no one was seriously injured. It wasn't a jail-worthy offense, anyway. Until, finally, everyone retired for the evening - sleeping in all their various parts of the town.

----

Meanwhile, somewhere else entirely, a group of masked figures stood around a globe of the world, staring onto the blinking red dots on various points.

"Adventurers." One spoke. "Yesssss," another replied.

"This c-c-could ruin us... oh, but all our plans, they were so p-p-perfect... oh, I don't want to die, n-n-not yet..." A smallish one shivered in fright, only to be silence by a larger figure, arms creaking with metal as it moved.

"Silent, you simpering fool! I have it all under control... Listen to the REST of my plan..." With that, the figure rose his gauntleted arms, lowering his hood, and revealing the handsome, but heavily scarred man's face... he grins in a frightening manner...

----

The sun flows into your face, waking you from the dream...

----

With a large yawn, Roxelvi stirs from the dry-house that the Church of Melora keeps for visiting guests. He raises to a sitting position, enjoying the feel of the warm rays upon his muscular, bare chest - looking around. He smiled at the memory of the dream, before looking curiously at his surroundings.

His voice calls out in a quiet manner, "Neru?"

[size=-1]
Nerusai stirred sleepily, memories of the previous night clouded with the light and fruity drink he had imbibed. Turning, he realized that he had ended up unclothed beneath a soft, thick brown robe which he pulled to himself, scanning the area for his clothing. The gentle rays of sunlight fell on a neat stack of his clothing and he shuffled towards it, sighing with relief.

As Neru tugged on his garments, he heard a soft sound, one that made him turn to the doorway linking his room to one adjacent. The sound was heart-wrenching and he hurriedly finished dressing to search for the source, Roxelvi.

As he looked about, he saw the reclined form beneath a window, the bare chest illuminated by the sunlight streaming in. Neru had to take a deep breath to reclaim his wits. Crossing the room, he knelt beside Roxelvi.

"Good morning, then, I trust you slept as well as I did?"
[/size]​

Vagre woke up, he was lying on his stomach the a hard pillow wrapped in his arms. Yawning he rolled over and sat up. "Ow!" he exclaimed budding his shoulder where a large bruise had darkened the skin. The events of the night resurfaced in his mind. "Good brawl." he commented to himself before re realized he wasn't alone in the room. Framond it seemed was still sleeping on the bed and Vagre looked over the Demi-human. "Not a bad fighter." he commented before picking his shirt up from the floor and went over to a small tub of water splashing some on his face before putting the shirt on. "Wonder what the gee em was up to while we slept, mucking about most likely." he turned to see Framond waking up. "Morning mate." he said grinning at Framond before finding the rest of his equipment stattered around the floor and started getting dresses the rest of the way.

Even before Bolas could react to Faramond, a rumble started and soon, everyone of them: Faramond, Bolas and Vagre got involved.

"What the...? Hey! Guys! Calm down!!" Faramond shouted, but this plea fell into deaf ears as even his companions got into the mood for some good old fist fight.

Just as Faramond tried to hold back Vagre, he was hit on the back of the head by a fist. The next thing he knew, he was lying on a bed, naked, with a naked Vagre hugging his body like a very firm pillow.

"Hey, what the...?!" Faramond thought as he glanced downwards to see Vagre nuzzling against his abdomen. Faramond had the urge of pushing Vagre away from him, but seeing the very peaceful face of his companion drooling all over him had him thinking otherwise.

"Is this how charisma works?" Faramond thought, puzzled, "I mean, I thought that it was just another number... Until now...."

Without knowing it, Faramond has dozed off again.

"Ow!" Vagre said as he rolled over and sat up. He rubbed his shoulder where a bruise had darkened his skin. He sat there absentmindedly for a while, mumbling to himself.

"Not a bad fighter." Vagre commented to himself before he picking his shirt up from the floor and went over to a small tub of water splashing some on his face before putting the shirt on.

"Wonder what the gee em was up to while we slept, mucking about most likely." he turned to see Faramond waking up, for the second time now. "Morning mate." he said grinning at Framond before finding the rest of his equipment stattered around the floor and started getting dresses the rest of the way.

"Good morning...." Faramond said, lazily. "Uhh... what happened here?" he said as he saw himself nude and his clothes lying around.

"Happened? Oh Right! He had a good punch-up but you got blindsided and went down. Got up again though and made an account of yourself, ten you wend gown again and I carried you up here," Vagre was just finishing getting dressed and moved his bag to sit next to the door. "Hope you slept well, I know I did." he walked over to the window and looked out of the window down on the busy street below. "Strange dream though." he didn't elaborate. "I think we should go find the other players, the plot will most likely happen if we're in a group."

((Edit/ fix))

Zu fell into a deep sleep. It was riddled with strange dreams and horrible sounds. A few time she almost woke but then rolled over and slept on. The light of morning wasnt enough to wake her. In her dreams she was wallking in the forest, lost and trying to find the others. Shadows moved in whispers all around her. The trees tried to grab her as low branches snagged her face and arms. It was a battle to walk as roots seemed to trip her up with every step.

Tossing and turned in her bed she moved in the dream but also kicked off the blankets and knocked over the glass of water on the night table. She whimpered softly as her dream robbed her of any reality. Deep in her sleep nothing else could reach her. Not the rooster from next door or the blinding sun pouring in the window.

Rox smiles kindly at Neru, leaning forward to lean on his own knees. "I slept alright. I had an interesting dream, but... ah, it's nothing." He nods, raising and clasping a hand soothingly to Neru's cheek. "Glad to see you had a good night... we'll be moving out of this town today, I think, so we might not get a good place to sleep for a while." He raises himself up, covering himself with the blanket he slept with, taking ahold of the nearby pile of clothes. His silvery strands of hair rustled slightly, and he turns. "I hope I'm not being rude if I ask you to turn away for a moment?"

After putting his clothes on, Rox nods and alerts Neru that it was alright to turn back around. "We should find the others. Something's going to happen soon - my Literary Sense tells me so." He grins, chuckling a bit. "At least, that's what would happen in a linear story, which... I think is how this world works."

[size=-1]
Neru inclined his head, smiling as Roxelvi walked before him. Hungry eyes watched the slender back moving towards the door. With a small sigh, Nerusai took a large pair of strides to match the distance covered by Roxi.

Neru bit back words concerning the comfort of future sleep, though they burnt at his lips. The pair walked quietly for a short distance, towards the town, in search of the other members of their party.

"...Wonder where they got to..."
[/size]​

After thanking the acolytes of Melora for their hospitality, Rox leaves the temple and honestly considers Neru's question. "Well... as adventurers with a newfound freedom, they honestly could be anywhere. My best guess would be the tavern, or an inn of some sort... but..." He rubbed the back of his head in thought. "...Considering our warlock has probably spent the night with that other woman we met earlier... and the chaotic tendencies of most of the other adventurers, your guess is as good as mine."

He shrugs pathetically, looking with his ears drooping to Neru. "...But I don't think that helps much, does it?"

It was at that point that a loud voice came yelling through the square of the town, "Kobolds! Koboooolds!" The creature, or as it revealed to be, 'creatures', yelling in the middle of the square seemed to be a group of halfings that could honestly be in better condition. There were no kobolds following them, but from their appearance, one could assume that there was an attack.

A group of townspeople, already awake and going about their business, had gathered around. One shouts, "The adventurers have brought the plot to our village!"

One agrees, "Damn adventurers! Now none of us are safe!" The scared mumbling of the crowd got louder.

One of the halflings shoved her way past the rest of them, "Please, oo 'aff to show me tha adventurers! Tha kobolds kilt all o' are kin, 'an made off wit' tha cargo fer ye... an' they lil' bast'eds kidnapped my young tot! Please... they might be me only 'ope ta see my baby boy a'gain!" The halflings seemed to speak in an irish accent, as it be.

Rox blinked at the commotion in the square, then looked back at Neru - "...I'd assume, if we stuck around here, the others'll come along soon, too."

Kat awoke warm and content. Her night with Aidyn had been great, if a tad embarassing near the end. Aidyn had taken no small amount of amusement from learning that Kat was, despite her best efforts, a virgin.

Well, was.

She disentangled herself from Aidyn's form and went to get dressed. The armor went on first, then the dress. She could have gone with the one she spawned in, but the black one from last night seemed so much more...appropriate.

The warlock started talking while she was combing her hair.
"What? Well, sorry. I don't think I know her that well. It's quite possibly the most awkward thing we could do together. I haven't even used my powers yet-aw, come on, that hardly counts, now does it? Fine, I'll pay you back tonight. For sure. Well...I'll burn that bridge when I come to it."

She walked over to the window once she was done, noticing the commotion raised by the halflings.

"Aw, great."

"Hmmm...?" Aidyn asks, wrapping her arms around Kat's waist from behind, "Talking to yourself...? A bit weird, but not as weird as I'm used to." She giggles a bit, not even dressed, and moves to the window, looking out. "...Hey. Those are the traders that normally come to the village... they're our only access to things outside the village."

She turns back towards the previous room, getting dressed and calling forth, "You won't be just staying here with me, will you...? You'll be going off with those other adventurers..." Her tone was sad, and she sighs. "...I guess I should have expected that. You don't seem the type to be retiring from adventuring... not yet, at least..."

"Huh? Oh, no, I was talking to..." Kat watched as Aidyn walked off to get dressed. "Ah, nevermind." Her eyes shifted back to the halflings.
"No...I'm sorry, but...you know, hero stuff. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, that sort of thing...but I will miss you."