Lethal Reword - Tatters of the Fourth Wall

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Yeah, what happened?" Faramond thought, "And why the fuck am I naked?!"

Vagre glanced at Faramond and went back to dressing himself up. "Happened? Oh Right! He had a good punch-up but you got blindsided and went down. Got up again though and made an account of yourself, ten you wend gown again and I carried you up here," Vagre replied, with his back facing Faramond.

Faramond looked at himself: he's butt-naked, his clothes were scattered across the floor, and Vagre was dressing up. Somehow, he felt he should really be very embarrased and angry about this, and the fact that Vagre didn't even explain anything about his being naked made things worse.

"... And I suppose that also exlpains why I am naked," Faramond flatly said.

Vagre didn't reply, but instead, he moved his bag and sat next to the door. And silence. An uncomfortable silence, at least to Faramond.

"Hope you slept well, I know I did." Vagre said, breaking the silence as he walked over to the window and looked out of the window down on the busy street below. "Strange dream though," he went on but stopped.

Vagre turned away from Faramond and quickly changed the topic. "I think we should go find the other players, the plot will most likely happen if we're in a group," Vagre said.

"Yeah," Faramond said, even though he's surprised by the sudden change of topic, "that's a good idea...."

"But, I think I should get dressed up first." he said as he got out of bed and started to gather his scattered clothes. He thought Vagre was hiding something, but then again, he thought it would be futile to pursue the topic now.

"You may already go ahead if you like," he added as he began dressing up.

Bolas had slipt out of the bar the previous night shortly after the fight had started. Since none of the villagers had been willing to put him up for the night, despite his promises that he'd be gone as soon as the adventurer's left, Bolas had ended up sleeping on one of the docks. As the sun rose up over the horizon, Bolas could be seen gnawing on one of the posts that held the dock in place, muttering over and over again "Tuuuunaaaa..." with an oddly content look on his face. However, as soon as he heard the commotion, he woke right up. "Hey hey whoa whoa, what the heck's going on here?" Realizing instantly that he had dropped his accent, he quickly looked around to make sure that no one had heard him do this. Relieved that no one had, he gathered his belongings and headed over to the group of halflings where many others were seen gathering, hoping that Vagre and Faramond would show up.

snnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk........snnnnrrrk........snnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk......snnnnrrrk.....

Michael, who had tossed and turned in his half sleep, began to snore loudly, sounding rather like a mix between a slurping growl and a rasp running down a block of wood.

"oi....wasssat noise" he mumbled, wiping dried saliva from the corners of his mouth,
"....was that me? fuuuuuuck, i still snore?" he murmered to himself,s tanding and looking around, until the fact he was in the tavern and not his room sunk in
"ohfuck" he exclaimed, diving for his pants, not wanting to be walking around in his undies when Zu woke up.....that would just be weird.

Vagre looked out of the window again looking for any other PCs. Then he picked Framond's pants from the floor and threw them at him, I'll be waiting outside then we can kick this pig." he opened and walked out the door, and out through the inn stopping only to survey the small amount of damage the brawl had done, overall the inn was in food shape.

He walked out into the sun pulling his hood up as he did so. He turned at the sound of a commotion in the square and saw the large fighter, easily reconsider and ran up to him, pushing through the crowd to stand behind the halflings facing him. He caught his eye and pointed towards the inn ano mouthed "Another player" before he slipped back into the crowd ad edged his way around to stand near the two others, but not too near. The crowd didn't seen too happy to have the plot in their town, even if it was technocaly the plot that had brought them there in the first place..

Zu tossed and turned in her own sleep. She was restless and moved around on the small bed, but she moved just a little to much and rolled right off, landing on the floor with a fat thud. Her moans and groans followed. She was tied up in the blankets and fought to get free.

Panting she popped out and took a breath and rubbed her head. She still looked tired but was happy to see Michael was already awake. She sat on the floor for a moment waiting for her head to stop hurting before she spoke.

Aidyn sighs, nodding. "Well... I guess you lot will be back in order to report on what you've done... just... I dunno, stay close to your fighter. They're trained to take the hit for you, you know, and I'd hate to hear of you getting hurt." She nods, walking over and planting a kiss on Kat's cheek.

"Get a move on, then. Avandra knows my own adventuring group never waited for me. I always had to run after them. The jerks."

Kat smiled. "Alright then. I'll see you later." With that, she grabbed her stuff and went out of the inn towards the halflings. Someone in the crowd took the opprotunity to cop a feel as Kat squeezed through the crowd, but she only smiled slightly and pressed on. Eventually, she came to face one of the halflings.
"Alright, alright, I might be able to help." Man, I wonder where all the others are...

Glaive in hand and fully dressed, Michael jogged out of the room and left the tavern, leaving a couple of coins for the room with the barkeeper.

as he exited into the morning air, he was seized with a bout of boredom and a desire to get cracking and do some adventuring.
"right, lets get this fuckin' shopw on the road then!" he half yelled to himself, looking around to see if he could find the others.

Out of the corner of one eye, Kat could probably see the rugged form of Roxelvi next to the wizard, Nerusai. This probably wouldn't surprise the warlock, and when Rox caught Kat's eye, he walked over. "Me, too." Rox says, staring at the halflings.

All of them smiled, turning, "Ah! A right bunch'o saviors ye be." One stated, giving a bow. "Ye'd be a lifesaver iffin' ye 'kin go and be bringin' back the wee one... an' iffin' ye 'kin save the cargo too, tha'd be worth an extra reward."

Zu heard Michael leave and sighed. It was nice to be alone, but then again it wasnt like she was welcomed where she was. Taking his lead she kicked off the matted sheets, grabbed her weapons and ran after Michael. She just reached bottom step in no time and was out following in his wake as the villagers seemed to be up in arms about something. Keeping a tight grip on her weapon did little to settle the uneasly feeling welling up inside her. Some Villagers glared at her as she reached the others.

Looking for Rox she moved near him and gave him a nod. Not sure of what they might be planning she stood quitly and listened to what they were saying.

"We'll try...Roxy? Neru? Any input?" She noticed the other PCs arriving around them. They had a large group, so it shouldn't bee too hard.

Unless the universe decided to play dirty with the CR system.

[size=-2]
Nerusai smiled weakly at the woman who dragged him into this. Stepping forward as well, he flashed the haflings a brighter, more reassuring grin.

"Of course we'll help you!" he chuckled, as though the rest had chimed in and agreed. He nodded his hair gently. " Why exactly, though... Why did they steal your cargo? If there's contraband in them, I would at least like foreknowledge. It might help me understand just what we'll be dealing with."
[/size]​

The halflings blink, looking towards each other. "...Tha 'ell is contra bands? Some sorta clothin'?" They look back. "Look. S'cargo. Food. Blankets. Trinkets." One sighs, "Kobolds don' farm more'n mushies, y'know. An' they hunt. Anythin' we got is a lot higher quality than what they got... tha', and kobolds are about as fond o' halflin's as they are o' gnomes... that's ta say, not very friendly."

One scratches his head. "...Ya'll seen a kobold 'fore, right?"

At this point, Bolas decides to throw in his two cents. Stepping forwards out of the crowd, and once again displaying his false accent, he spoke. "Aye. I's seens dem li'l beasties before. Scaly clad, kinda likes meself, but much shorter, aye, and filthier. Tha ones wot I met di'n't seems ta take too kindly ta much o' anyones. Blasted ankle-bi'ers nearly got me. Luck'ly though, I's has the protection of the migh'y Google!" Now, turning to speak to the PC's he said, "Nows, ifs yous is plannin' on chasin' after dese gits, I's be sure glads ta help. I still owes dem fer da rude welcome deys gave me. 'Nd ya knows wots they says, 'A dead kob'ld is a good kob'ld.'"

Bleary eyed and slightly hungover, Michael turned from the Halflings to Bolas with a combination of confusion and annoyance
"D'you ever speak fuckin' English....common.......whatever-the-fuck it is we're speaking?" he said, his complained, rubbing the sleep from his eyes with one hand before stifling a yawn.

Letting out a loud laugh, Bolas looked at the man with a smile. "Same thin' c'n be asked o' ye'self. As fer wot I's speak, I's speak several languages. I's jist speaks dem wit tha accent o' me homelands." Bolas let out another boisterous laugh. Then he thought to himself, "Heh, this could be fun...so long as they never realize I'm a PC. I just gotta stick to my story of being a traveling Sorceror-Priest of Google. Heh heh."

Rox, however, turns a questioning eye at Bolas. "...Google? The search engine?" His ears flick, and he shrugs. "Well, I guess if there's airplanes, there should be computers, too." He keeps a close eye on Bolas, however, frowning. He turns back to the halflings. "I've seen kobolds. Rather fond of the little blighters, myself. Not in a way that'll stop me from taking a spear to the ones that harmed you, but I've certain experiences with them." He shrugs, "They're easily cowed by a show of strength. We should have no problem..."

The halflings give Rox a wary eye, but nod. "Well... tha's all well an' good now. Iffin' ye be wantin' ta git off an' do somethin' 'bout it, then ye jus' be followin' tha road 'till ye find the remains o' our wagons. Tha kobolds shouldn' be far off from there, now."

Zu kept her distance as the group made plans. Worried she might scare them she avoided any and all eye contact. Her size and form would scare anyone, let alone someone was small as they were. It was best she not interact with them until it was clear she wouldnt eat them or hurt them. She wouldnt hurt anyone, but that didnt matter now. Silence was best.

Now Bolas turns to Roxelvi. "'Search engines'? 'Computas'? I's gots no idea wots you's is talkin' 'bout, but the migh'y Google, tha de'ty wot I serves, is an all-knowin' type, kinda like Ioun, 'cept Google comes from somewheres other 'en heres. He appeared's shortly afta da moon pulled it's li'l vanishin' act. Said dat 'is sworn enemy had conjured up a por'al in dere 'ome realm 'n escaped to this one. Now, 'nough o' dis jibberdy-jabber. Is we's goin' ta kick some kob'ld rump, 'r is we jis gonna let the wee one's suffer?"

Kat's hand was wrapped in dark fire for a moment. Just a moment. The dragon person was being a moron of the highest calibur, but blasting him might not be the best decision. So instead she decided to play along a bit.
"Google, right? I think I've heard of that. Archenemy is the dark lord Jeeves, is it not?"