Lethal Reword - Tatters of the Fourth Wall

Turning and smiling sheepishly towards Rox, Bolas laughingly states, "Yeah, I'm a Reworder, if that's what we're calling ourselves. I was Mabu on Iwaku. But seriously, after all the grief the townsfolk gave you about the Plot, how could you possibly not question it when a supposed NPC wants to go Plot hunting? And as for the bottomless pit, it wouldn't be so bad. Now, a really deep pit with a bottom, that would be bad. Heheh." Turning now to look at the chest, he starts thinking again. "Hmm...Well, there are definitely more kobold prints headed to it than away from it, which means they're most likely inside. I doubt kobolds often run piggy-back after a raid. Hmm...Ya know, it might be a chest with a portable hole inside, and they could be hiding in it. I say we keep it away from town, in case it's meant as some kind of Trojan Horse." Bolas sits down, legs crossed, pondering what to do next.

"Catwoman? I suppose that is a bit accurate.." Kat rubbed up against Rox's arm.
"..Besides, it was the best name I could think of, and I know a Kate back home."

Kat watched the proceedings between Bolas and Micheal with some amusement.
"..It took you guys this long to figure it out? He mentioned google when we first talked to him, along with 4chan. /b's not something that jives with the feel of this realm."

She sighed a bit.
"Of course, I personally would prefer it if you died right now...Truth be told Bolas, you're being a moron. And if you died, we might get someone better in your place...along with a chance to find out what happens when we die. Win/win."
Kat walked past Bolas to stand next to Rox.
"Of course, if you plan on acting remotely intelligent anytime soon, I might change my opinion. Who knows, I might grow fond of you. If not, then..." She shrugged. "I dunno, I could always sacrifice you to some dark god. That'd be interesting."

"Sorry Rox, but I can't get silence.."

"Kat, there are planes and such in this... dimension? World? Plane of Existence...? Whatever this is. I wouldn't be surprised if a cell phone or a computer could still be used to access Earth... the hard part would be finding one and getting a signal." He shrugs.

Nodding to Bolas, "Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Let's burst the darn thing open... spellcasters..." He nods respectfully at Kat and Nerusai. "...Please, be my guest." He steps a safe distance away from the chest, resting his spear on his shoulder. "It'd be interesting to see what you lot can do to it. Pity on the silence thing, though."

Bolas lets out a low growl directed at Kat. While his grating attitude had all been an act, it seemed that hers was all natural. "Would ya shut the hell up, ya damn wench? I don't see you doing anything constructive. Hell, all I see you doing is trying to get in his pants." Bolas motions to Rox when he says this. "Frankly, despite my act, I've proven to be more useful than what I've seen of you. First, I sprung that Vagre fellow, another Reworder, from jail last night, and now I discovered a clue as to what may have happened. And what have you done? Not much." Bolas gives a defiant snort before going back to figuring out what the meaning behind the prints might be. Noticing that te otehrs were getting ready to try and open it, Bolas stood up and raised his scythe to the ready.

Michael bit his lip, regretting his outburst as Rox spoke
"yeah, sorry bout that" he mumbled to no on in particular, now going red for a reason entirely seperate to anger.

Michael lowered himself to a cross legged sitting position witha sigh, and placing his glaive down next to him, he closed his eyes and focused on trying to relax and find some sort of way of avoiding swearing and carrying on, though after a few moments, Michael visibly relaxed and loosened his muscles, his meditation allowing him monentary sanctuary from his outburst.

Well the yelling match was over Zu looked at the chest and knew it must be something very powerful. "We best not make it mad" was all she said as she looked from the almost sleeping Micheal to Bolas. At long as she could understand him but that was beside the point.

"It might feed off negitive energy and if thats the case, your yelling and picking on each other might be giving it power. A negitive power. Havent any of you noticed how silent it is here, there are no animals, no birds and not even wind." Zu looked at the chest again and backed up more.

"I think it best we wait for the halflings" Zu moved well away from the chest and the group. The negitive engery was really filling the area with a bad vibe and it was draining to say the least. The silence was so unnatural it bothered her making her very uneasy.

"If I remember correctly, Vagre was the person who threw away his character sheet. I've never seen this Faramond, so hey. You freed a moron and a person I've never seen from jail so they can go and not help us. I guess that's pretty impressive."
Kat shrugged.
"Rox over here saved a kid's life. I got the townsfolk to drop the torches and pitchforks. And you got to be the town loony."

Kat pointed at the chest with one hand, barely glancing at it as a line of black energy shot from her extended finger to strike it.
"You might want to consider, oh, you know, being a hero."

The chest rumbled at the strike. There was a squeak and shuffling noise from inside.
Kat raised an eyebrow.
"..Huh."

"yeah, you convinced the guards to let us in" Michael sniggered at kat
"'member, my whole "racism" speech or whatever?" he added, still trying to meditate, although with all the goings on, it was not an easy task.

"I said drop the torches and pitchforks, not open the door."

Vagre moved through the market, He hadn't bothered to go with the other and it was too late now so he was looking for something to occupy his time. The market was still crowded bu he didn't want to try pickpocketing again, not yet anyway so he went down to the wharf and looked out to sea. It was a pleasant day and the smell of the sea brought back memories of a different world, even the smell of a medieval fishing dock had its charms.

"So...." he said to o one.

"You made this game, and trapped us. I know there is a way out. Framond knows it too. But in the meantime we have to play your game. Thats fine as long as you play fair.. hope we have an understanding." he threw a stone into the water. "Time to test this out... again."

He moved into a relatively tight crowd and as a shopper's body was forced to his he tried his luck.

[size=-2]
Naru, meanwhile, had wandered to hide behind a building during the exchanges, attempting to gather his thoughts while mildly following Roxy. As Rox began to joke, smile, act just as at ease with the woman, Kat, however, Naru felt a twinge inside him, though he couldn't place what that feeling was.

Hanging his head, which still placed him at towering over most of the people present, Naru managed to look disarmingly innocent despite his otherwise intimidating frame. Fighting back the injury and the hurt caused by this, he sought the crowd for someone he could trust to keep to him. He came up with empty results, and so lackadaisically followed his old grouping. How unoriginal.
[/size]​

Kat took another shot at the box. It fell apart, revealing...nothing. Just a hole in the ground.

"...What."

Rox echoed Kat's "...What...?" Walking forward, spear at the ready, to look down the hole. "...Wow, that's deep..." He thinks about it for a moment. "There must have been kobolds in there, waiting to pounce on whoever opened the chest... seems they made their escape..."

Roxelvi looks nervous. "...Kobolds actually using their trap specialization... that's... frightening to me... very frightening. Wish we had a rogue to deal with them."

Said rogue's luck was incredible... pulling out a bag with what appeared to be some guy's life savings - ten gold coins worth of copper (one thousand copper coins). The coins were small, and it included an incredibly sappy love poem written about one of the tavern's serving girls.

Vagre sat on a bench and opened the folded page stuffing the purse away under his shirt.

"Oh my..." me said his palm hitting his forehead as he read. "Wow... this .. is OH......" he looked around and quickly stuffed the proposal poem into under his shirt. "OK... now I feel bad...... kinda..." he sought comfort in the weight of the purse and found it to some degree. But he couldn't stay in the market and moved back to the tavern and took a table near the corner and unfolded it again reading it. "Fuuuuuuck...," he swore holding his head these NPCs are getting too human." he felt like he needed a drink but didn't want to spend any of the money he had just stolen so he dismissed the serving girl who came to him to ask if he wanted anything.

"You're a rouge, this is what you do, if you can't then you're screwed mate.' he said to himself and crumpled the paper in his hand, then he had an idea.

He pulled his hood up hiding his face as best he could and smoothed out the paper again before walking up to one of the serving girls.

"Erm.... hi. I'm on a subquest to deliver a note to Rebecca here, its only worth a little xp so if you could give this to her it would be great...."

He didn't even look he just put the note on the table and walked out the door, turning a corner and hurriny down the street away from the whole business.

Zu watched as the others went off to find the creatures behind the chest and to rescue a young boy. Torn between following them and her own will she resolved to wait things outs. Walking back back over toward the lake she took refuge near the small dock. Sitting down by the water, she watched the small waves move along the cool sand. It was quite and she could hear the towns folk laughing and carrying on in the distance.