Legend of Zelda: Hylia's Request [Horned Statue Quest]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that later in the RP, if more and more people get added I will allow people of the same major races to play. For now though, I'd prefer a cast of unique characters. Obviously I'm aware that two characters of the same races arent going to be similar--or atleast, they shouldn't.

I'm really looking for incredibly unique characters for this RP. So go WILD.
It's really interesting to see the juxtaposition between who they were before the story hit them, and how their personality from their experiences affect how they travel through this adventure.

If I werent busy from my real life situation, I would've put up a character sheet post today. I'll get to it either tomorrow or the day after.

Accepted Races
Rito, Goron, Gerudo, Zora, Hylian, Korok, Kokiris, Deku Scrubs, Skull Children

Concepts I think are cool (Some Inspiration for the CS's)
--> A Rito P.O.W that uses mechanical wings to aid his flight after having them damaged by the Calamity's Guardians.
--> A Male Gerudo banished from his town due to the legend of Ganondorf, evil incarnate, once having been a male Gerudo
--> A poor Gerudo 'hostess' that leaves town on an adventure for wealth.
--> A Korok given the special ability during the quest become a Kokiri, a child-race of legend, to embark on Hylia's quest.

My next updates will be
--> Writing Expectation (Sense-bound description and Combat/Weapons & Armor)
--> Character Sheets
--> RP Planning
--> Creating an OOC/IC Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually perfectly explained in Ocarina, from whence the joke came. The Gerudo go out and find a man among the Hylians, becoming pregnant through them. The single male every 100 years is ultimately inconsequential to the race's continuation.

It does however bring up a question. @Solar @Takumi Maybe things changed in BotW; I haven't played it, so I don't know. But according to original Gerudo lore from Ocarina, every Gerudo male born was made king. Given that, would Isla be destined for rule? Or was there some change in Gerudo culture in the past (I'm assuming Ganondorf's perversion of that law) that caused the Gerudo to scrap the idea, therefore making males outcasts by simple birth?

I haven't played BOTW myself; even though I really want to, nor have I gotten to that point in OOT 3d, but that's an interesting question. I feel that it may have been scrapped though, partly due to Ganondorf's misdeeds, and partly due to having just Queens rule for however long they've been ruling, which may be something the Gerudo feel more at ease and comfortable with, as well as it being tradition. Just an interesting thought.

Reactions: Red Thunder
It's actually perfectly explained in Ocarina, from whence the joke came. The Gerudo go out and find a man among the Hylians, becoming pregnant through them. The single male every 100 years is ultimately inconsequential to the race's continuation.

It does however bring up a question. @Solar @Takumi Maybe things changed in BotW; I haven't played it, so I don't know. But according to original Gerudo lore from Ocarina, every Gerudo male born was made king. Given that, would Isla be destined for rule? Or was there some change in Gerudo culture in the past (I'm assuming Ganondorf's perversion of that law) that caused the Gerudo to scrap the idea, therefore making males outcasts by simple birth?

That seems to have changed in BOTW.
The current ruler would be a descendant of the Gerudo Champion--Lady Urbosa.
As far as I know, all males are banned from Gerudo town other than the male Gorons.
Perhaps it's changed since yknow...Ganon's incarnation in OOT.

Edit: I didnt mean for that to sound sassy or passive agressive xD. Only reading it in post did I realize my wording. (Props for reading the thread while taking a dump)

I meant cause Ganon ended up being super evil, it may have broken the tradition.

Developing Plot Concepts:

---> The Temple of Time (Main Quest/ Randomly Triggered Event) (The Blood Moon)

---> Forgotten Temple (Main Quest)

---> Arbiter's Grounds (Main Quest)

---> The Twilight Realm (Main Quest)

---> The Bridge of Hylia (Randomly Triggered Event)

---> Hyule Castle

--->New Castle Town

---> Castle Town + Castle Town Sewage System (Randomly Triggered Event)

---> A Shiekah Graveyard (Main Quest)

---> Korok Forest + The Lost Woods

----> Forest of Spirits (Burnt Down Ruins) (Main Quest)

---> The Spring of Power, Courage, Wisdom (Main Quest)

---> Kakariko Village

---> Hateno Village

---> Eventide Island (On the Blood Moon) *Randomly Triggered Event*

---> Satori Mountain (Main Quest)

---> "The Temple of the Mind's Eye" (Main Quest)

---> The Three Dragon Spirits (Main Quest)

---> The Horse God's Fountain (Randomly Triggered Event)

Short Synopsis:

As far as I know, you'll be lead by visions and spirit-totems deep into Hyrule. Where you will be lead into The Forgotten Temple--a temple dedicated to Hylia ages ago. Be careful though, there's about 14 active guardians in the temple ready to blow you up before you reach to the statue.

Here you'll meet the other characters--hopefully. And Hylia's statue will speak to you and give you the synopsis:

Feratus has bound and corrupted the The Lord of the Mountain and Three Dragon Spirits that serve Hylia and watch over Hyule. He's also clogged and corrupted the Three Springs within Hyrule. Hyrule is thrown into horrible darkness due to this--where monster's are even stronger and red-eyed with crazyness, forming powerful Hyrule-wide tribes and becoming very violent at night.

To earn Hylia's trust, you must clear Hyrule of this inherent darkness before proceeding.
There are four Royal Guard's essences that will help you in your quest, hidden by the Royal Guards--a special essence that when mended with the wepons of The Royal Guards, creates weaponry that is powerful against Calamity Magic.

Feratus: Dealer of Power & Life
tumblr_inline_nyedarMnX01t5w6lr_500.gif

Reactions: Takumi
I have a few "random quest events" planned to be triggered alongside the quest. But I'm not sure whether or not I should allow you all to know or not.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter. I do prefer that we're all aware what's going to happen and have fun Rping it rather than relying on the surprise to entertain us or catch us off guard.

Shall I go ahead and detail what I have planned? There are random events and differently themed actions/missions for each quest where I, as GM, will play out the role of the objective surroundings and indifferent Hyrule to allow your characters to naturally react.

It's not all combat based--but there is combat and adventure elements involved. It mostly revolves around your character's abilities to think on their feet being unprepared for what's before them than being a bad ass prepared to kick ass at every turn. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but in this RP I encourage you to allow your weapons to break or become damaged mid-combat. If only to challenge your thinking while you RP.

Since I may be RPing enemies, I can also randomize your weapon breaks (I'll have to think about how) if you'd like? Idk. Let me know your thoughts.

I like the idea of randomized weapon breaks tbh. I'm ready whenever everyone else is. c:

Reactions: Solar
I am mostly ready, except for the possibility of @FrictionFrog creating a character alongside mine.

Last edited:
Fantastic! But before we begin, a few posts to clear up my GM-Style.

I'd like to see if everyone else signs on to the idea of randomly generated weapon breaks.
To be honest, I was planning that the combat in this RP be dice-based to further increase the sense of suspense and realism, since I'd like to play to the fact that not every thing we attack will be an effective hit. It'd be a very simple dice system, and you still get to be as creative as you'd like.

Think of it like this.
For your MAJOR combat posts (Of course, Im planning that small scuttles or pre-planned 'combat' situations are well orchestrated and don't require thise), we'd use a system like this:

You Roll 2 Dice.
Dice One: Determines your hit status (Miss/Fail, Effective Hit, Critical Hit etc)
Dice Two: Determines your weapon status (Weapon is still useful, weapon is chipped/damaged, weapon was broken/runs out of power).

The number you roll is your 'prompt' of sorts for the battle. Of course, character deaths are only done with permission yadda yadda. You know the etiquette rules.

Secondly. Something I call "Weather & Random Events"

This world I've developed has 'randomly executed side missions' sometimes. Which I can, as GM, explain the premise of the side missions in the story post in the SIGN UP section if you'd like. Or you can be caught off guard and respond in-rp.

How do I determine when they happen?
Easy. Sort of.
I'll have the events numbered. And I'll roll a dice everytime I think the RP needs to be
A) Spiced Up
B) Can be used to incite something coo'.

They'll be numbered in a certain way so that sometimes I can roll twice, causing a double-condition or 'challenge' along the story.
Like this.
1 Side Mission A
2 Side Mission B
3 Side Mission C
4 Side Mission D
5 Side Mission-I-Cant-Believe-I-Sang-The-Alphabet-For-This E.
6 Roll Another Dice

Some numbers will be like
"A Blood Moon Rises Tonight"
"A Thunderstorm Brews"
"A Band of wild bokoblin ambushes you! [Mission of the Horse God is Triggered]"

That way something is ALWAYS happening even in a passive sense. Sort of like how BOTW is.
If you're interested in this idea, let me know, and I'll put it into effect with the RP.

I'll be honest, @Solar. I stay pretty busy irl with kid and wife and job, not to mention other RPs. I'm good for trying to keep up with dice based combat (I've done it before, and it's not too terrible involved), but I may be plugging you regularly for reminders about how it works, given I'm likely to forget the mechanics of it.

I'll be honest, @Solar. I stay pretty busy irl with kid and wife and job, not to mention other RPs. I'm good for trying to keep up with dice based combat (I've done it before, and it's not too terrible involved), but I may be plugging you regularly for reminders about how it works, given I'm likely to forget the mechanics of it.
Oh I agree 100%. Between college, working out and my career. I mean for this RP to be a pretty chill experience. The dynamics, if used, will be in a seperate spoiler so we can always refresh the concept once we begin.

The dynamics, if used, will be in a seperate spoiler so we can always refresh the concept once we begin.
Brilliant. Thanks.

OMG I completely forgot about this, I'm so sorry. Two other roleplays that I'm apart of finally decided to take off and become active and I haven't had any time for other things. I'll have to postpone my joining this roleplay until I can find more time. I'm sorry @Tarieles & @Solar

This looks like a really amazing roleplay, if you open it again to new characters in the future; and I have more time. I'll definitely be back.

Reactions: Takumi and Solar
The RP will always be open to new characters and players (I think). You're always welcome here ;]

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'd like to officially start the RP this week. I know I've been slow, I've just been busy.
I'll wrap up the dice & randomization system, set up the first part of the plot and get us started within the next 7 days.
Please hold tight!

Hopefully the chill, slower pace of this posting frequency is as convenient for you guys as it is for me.

Today I'll be writing the Dice & Randomization Rules.
It's located in the second post on OPEN SIGNUPS - The Legend of Zelda: Hylia's Request

Check it out. As players, please please please let me know if this isn't what you'd like.
I can easily do without them if noone's on board. I just figured it'd be a little neat thing to do.

I'll be filling in the Main Plot (With Spoilers) and Side Quests (With Spoilers) as well at the "Main Plot Prompts without Spoilers".
The last one is to keep a log of the main quest so that returning players can be caught up to the progress. Since this RP is sort of a chill, slower experience.

I'm going to be very busy this week due to an emergency and completely unavailable this coming weekend, so Ill need a day/24hr notice if possible to make sure I can be available and am prepared. Can someone tag me or something so I get an alert? I keep missing posts and falling behind, I refuse to miss this entirely!

Also, any recommendations for a online/digital dice roller?

Also, any recommendations for a online/digital dice roller?
Each post you make has the option of throwing die built in. You just have to post it then select the die option from the list of "more options" underneath the post.

Idk if it'# is unique to this thread but we hand out a LOT of likes.

Me? I just like handing out likes.
Keep the love vibes flowing~

Reactions: Maelily
Status
Not open for further replies.