Legend of Zelda: Hylia's Request [Horned Statue Quest]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that later in the RP, if more and more people get added I will allow people of the same major races to play. For now though, I'd prefer a cast of unique characters. Obviously I'm aware that two characters of the same races arent going to be similar--or atleast, they shouldn't.

I'm really looking for incredibly unique characters for this RP. So go WILD.
It's really interesting to see the juxtaposition between who they were before the story hit them, and how their personality from their experiences affect how they travel through this adventure.

If I werent busy from my real life situation, I would've put up a character sheet post today. I'll get to it either tomorrow or the day after.

Accepted Races
Rito, Goron, Gerudo, Zora, Hylian, Korok, Kokiris, Deku Scrubs, Skull Children

Concepts I think are cool (Some Inspiration for the CS's)
--> A Rito P.O.W that uses mechanical wings to aid his flight after having them damaged by the Calamity's Guardians.
--> A Male Gerudo banished from his town due to the legend of Ganondorf, evil incarnate, once having been a male Gerudo
--> A poor Gerudo 'hostess' that leaves town on an adventure for wealth.
--> A Korok given the special ability during the quest become a Kokiri, a child-race of legend, to embark on Hylia's quest.

My next updates will be
--> Writing Expectation (Sense-bound description and Combat/Weapons & Armor)
--> Character Sheets
--> RP Planning
--> Creating an OOC/IC Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohai Tari! ^,^

I was probably going to go with a hylian myself.

By the by, I've never done a group roleplay before. I've only done 1x1s my entire life pretty much. >.> I'm not sure how much different the experience will be, but I'll do my best to adapt. =P

Character sheet from me will come later or tomorrow.

Thank you all for the interest!
Happy to have you on board!
@Grim. Take your time. ^_^
@Takumi I know how that can be. If anything you can jump in at any time once it's started. Or if you like, you can start now, play out a reason for you to go on hiatus and wait for your return, if any. Either way. Thanks for the interest.

I've got about 3 hours on my hands...perhaps I'll update this thread now and get us all going!

If you put it that way, it makes me a bit more eager to join. Alright. :p

Reactions: Red Thunder
@Solar should we post completed CSs here, or should we wait until a specific thread come open later in which to post them?

I swear I'm not trying to hurry you along; in just curious. :)

The male Gerudo concept interests me, not gonna lie...

Not sure if Solar is going to be respective of genders in the one per race restriction, but I do have a female Gerudo lined up.

Reactions: Takumi
Not sure if Solar is going to be respective of genders in the one per race restriction, but I do have a female Gerudo lined up.

Ah yes. The male gerudo concept was initially closed to preserve variety in the RP.
But I'm reopening that concept for use if anyone would like it. There's a block on being a direct descendant of Ganondorf as well, that did not change. We have a player with a great character with a very similar concept to that.

So far, by just making assumptions..the races we have so far are (by reading the thread)
--> Hylian
-->Rito
--> 2 Gerudos
--> Kokiri

Nothings written in stone though, so yeah.

Just noting, your CS information can be posted here!
OPEN SIGNUPS - The Legend of Zelda: Hylia's Request

I love this idea, I just finished BoTW and thought to myself... Would we, could we, in a roleplay?
-Something Dr. Seuss needed to say

I have a rather unique / unusual request which comes from admiring the awesomeness of children (like the hero himself) in the Zelda games. Would it be possible to play as a child Zora, Gerudo or Rito? As the ward or child of another player. Mostly as a supportive character. If allowed or interested, if not... Please consider me interested in the Zora position. :D

Also, because I have a few active roleplays going on right now; what is the expected posting for this? Daily? Weekly? 10x a day? Haha. Have to ask. ^^

Reactions: Solar
Also, because I have a few active roleplays going on right now; what is the expected posting for this? Daily? Weekly? 10x a day? Haha. Have to ask. ^^
Oh Lordy, I hope not. IRL doesn't play well with multiple daily posts. XD Or often daily posts for that matter.

@FrictionFrog
Go ahead and begin your CS at the Open Sign Ups OOC. And I'll message you and see what I can do to streamline you for the RP. All ideas are open. I love a well-made character. The RP is a plot-character driven.

@Red Thunder No sweat. The RP isnt a daily post RP. I have stuff to take care of. And often times a well thought out concept is better than constantly rushing to finish the story.

Anywhere between 1-3 times a week is fine. The plot will be updated fully in the OOC Plot post.

• Thank You
Reactions: Red Thunder
Go ahead with the Zora if youd like. Not problem

Still working on mine. Not sure if it'll be done by the end of today. >.> Struggling a bit with a backstory.

Reactions: Solar
Plotting to make characters is loads of fun.

Reactions: Takumi and Solar
I'm probably gonna make my character either a famous Zora vocalist who was a very young child 100 years ago or a travelling Zora merchant. I am definitely more partial to the vocalist idea. I would of course make her able to use weaponry and whatnot. Maybe a kind of magic of some sort if that's allowed? @Solar

All I know is she will hate the nickname Tuna and will get mucho flustered if ever used (so use it all the time).

@FrictionFrog If you wanted, we could do some collab for our Zoras! It could work either way we went, either they could be musicians together or travel together.

Reactions: FrictionFrog
@Takumi Want to make Isla and Shahd from the same tribe? If not that, maybe they'd have heard of each other and have parallel prejudices against each other: Shahd against Isla, because he's a male, which hardens back to Ganondorf, as well as being an embodiment of her darker heritage; and Isla against Shahd because of her heritage, reputation as a coward, and outright timidity.

What do you think?

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
@Takumi Want to make Isla and Shahd from the same tribe? If not that, maybe they'd have heard of each other and have parallel prejudices against each other: Shahd against Isla, because he's a male, which hardens back to Ganondorf, as well as being an embodiment of her darker heritage; and Isla against Shahd because of her heritage, reputation as a coward, and outright timidity.

What do you think?

I like the way you think. I wouldn't mind either idea and am down with whichever one.

Status
Not open for further replies.