Legend of Zelda: Hylia's Request [Horned Statue Quest]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that later in the RP, if more and more people get added I will allow people of the same major races to play. For now though, I'd prefer a cast of unique characters. Obviously I'm aware that two characters of the same races arent going to be similar--or atleast, they shouldn't.

I'm really looking for incredibly unique characters for this RP. So go WILD.
It's really interesting to see the juxtaposition between who they were before the story hit them, and how their personality from their experiences affect how they travel through this adventure.

If I werent busy from my real life situation, I would've put up a character sheet post today. I'll get to it either tomorrow or the day after.

Accepted Races
Rito, Goron, Gerudo, Zora, Hylian, Korok, Kokiris, Deku Scrubs, Skull Children

Concepts I think are cool (Some Inspiration for the CS's)
--> A Rito P.O.W that uses mechanical wings to aid his flight after having them damaged by the Calamity's Guardians.
--> A Male Gerudo banished from his town due to the legend of Ganondorf, evil incarnate, once having been a male Gerudo
--> A poor Gerudo 'hostess' that leaves town on an adventure for wealth.
--> A Korok given the special ability during the quest become a Kokiri, a child-race of legend, to embark on Hylia's quest.

My next updates will be
--> Writing Expectation (Sense-bound description and Combat/Weapons & Armor)
--> Character Sheets
--> RP Planning
--> Creating an OOC/IC Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the way you think. I wouldn't mind either idea and am down with whichever one.
I prefer the latter: it gives them a connection and an established relationship without it actually being a relationship. That way there's no history to work out, which can be really tiresome.

I prefer the latter: it gives them a connection and an established relationship without it actually being a relationship. That way there's no history to work out, which can be really tiresome.

I agree, the latter makes more sense.

Reactions: Red Thunder
@Takumi
"Dislikes: Most Gerudo traditions, cooking (he'd rather just eat than wait),CQC, Shahd."
T_T
XD

Isla: "Damn Ganomires; always screwing things up."
Shahd: >_>

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
@Takumi
"Dislikes: Most Gerudo traditions, cooking (he'd rather just eat than wait),CQC, Shahd."
T_T
XD

Isla: "Damn Ganomires; always screwing things up."
Shahd: >_>

XD

Isla silently judging every little mistake she makes.

@Solar, what's your take on the Goddess of the Sand? In your mind, is she a representation of one of the three goddesses, is she a separate deity, or is she maybe an accidental misappropriation by the Gerudo ancestors through time, maybe created to serve as a reason for why things happened or even a wandering from the worship of Din to become its own thing?

@Red Thunder
Interesting you say that. It's hard for me to say. She could be a separate deity only served by the Gerudo. Since there's evidence of multiple religions within Hyrule. The Yiga serve Ganon. Some people serve Hylia. Some acknowledge the 3 goddesses of the Triforce. It's hard to say.

I was just about to update everyone that I created a new town called "New Castle Town" in the OOC for the Sign Ups section. Its under "hyrule today"

@Solar, what's your take on the Goddess of the Sand? In your mind, is she a representation of one of the three goddesses, is she a separate deity, or is she maybe an accidental misappropriation by the Gerudo ancestors through time, maybe created to serve as a reason for why things happened or even a wandering from the worship of Din to become its own thing?
@Red Thunder
Interesting you say that. It's hard for me to say. She could be a separate deity only served by the Gerudo. Since there's evidence of multiple religions within Hyrule. The Yiga serve Ganon. Some people serve Hylia. Some acknowledge the 3 goddesses of the Triforce. It's hard to say.
@Takumi, what's your thought? I'm inclined to approach it as though the Gerudo ancestors worshiped Din initially in the distant past, and through the long years the object of their worship became the Goddess of the Sand: a bastardization of Din worship but neither the same worship nor the same person, being in fact no one at all.

@Takumi, what's your thought? I'm inclined to approach it as though the Gerudo ancestors worshiped Din initially in the distant past, and through the long years the object of their worship became the Goddess of the Sand: a bastardization of Din worship but neither the same worship nor the same person, being in fact no one at all.

I actually have never heard of the Goddess of the Sand before (haven't played BotW cause I'm currently broke but I might just watch a playthrough now)

I actually have never heard of the Goddess of the Sand before (haven't played BotW cause I'm currently broke but I might just watch a playthrough now)
She was first introduced as a concept in Ocarina, and then referenced in Twilight Princess. Having never played BotW either, I have no idea whether she's referenced there or not.

She was first introduced as a concept in Ocarina, and then referenced in Twilight Princess. Having never played BotW either, I have no idea whether she's referenced there or not.

Ohh ok. Currently playing OOT 3d and stuck on the Jabu Jabu part.

In Botw there is a reference so a very special "eight heroine" that lived among the Gerudo--apart from the 7 Champions.

She has her own statue somewhere in Gerudo desert--although her statue and existance seems to be a myth.

I just saw the reference to the goddess of the sand in OOT 3d. Speaking of, I can't beat Ingo in that dumb horse race. I used a glitch and beat him the first time, but the second time I can't get it. :/

I just saw the reference to the goddess of the sand in OOT 3d. Speaking of, I can't beat Ingo in that dumb horse race. I used a glitch and beat him the first time, but the second time I can't get it. :/
It's hard. You've gotta time your jumps and boosts just right, as well as try to hug that inside.

• Useful
Pretty sure Shahd and/or Isla are gonna be approached at some point with:
aDaCOZG.gif

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Grim.
Pretty sure Shahd and/or Isla are gonna be approached at some point with:
aDaCOZG.gif

Im pretty sure this is better explained or at least ret-conned in BOTW as at least one male gerudo can be met, and in the game there are many Gerudo that talk about their husbands/Voe or that are in search for their loves (though this dose not necessarily mean they are looking for a Gerudo Voe as its clear that they are open to marry any race, evident by the quests where you can play match maker for Gerudo woman and males of other races (I know of 2 but their might be more) What seems to mater is that they find their destined match. I cant remember exactly but I believe the/a goddess is mentioned in relation to this and that this is a one time deal for Gerudo, aka they only fall in love and marry once)

Im pretty sure this is better explained or at least ret-conned in BOTW as at least one male gerudo can be met, and in the game there are many Gerudo that talk about their husbands/Voe or that are in search for their loves (though this dose not necessarily mean they are looking for a Gerudo Voe as its clear that they are open to marry any race, evident by the quests where you can play match maker for Gerudo woman and males of other races (I know of 2 but their might be more) What seems to mater is that they find their destined match. I cant remember exactly but I believe the/a goddess is mentioned in relation to this and that this is a one time deal for Gerudo, aka they only fall in love and marry once)
It's actually perfectly explained in Ocarina, from whence the joke came. The Gerudo go out and find a man among the Hylians, becoming pregnant through them. The single male every 100 years is ultimately inconsequential to the race's continuation.

It does however bring up a question. @Solar @Takumi Maybe things changed in BotW; I haven't played it, so I don't know. But according to original Gerudo lore from Ocarina, every Gerudo male born was made king. Given that, would Isla be destined for rule? Or was there some change in Gerudo culture in the past (I'm assuming Ganondorf's perversion of that law) that caused the Gerudo to scrap the idea, therefore making males outcasts by simple birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.