Land of Wings

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey I'll try anything once and if the people are nice I'll stick around. XD Tried league, got horrible toxicity, uninstalled and never looked back. XD For example.

I tend to be more picky. One of my pet peeves is if a roleplay sounds nice, but the GM is a slacker, or doesn't give all the needed information/changes information without updating the information nor informing anyone about it, and others jump in on that void, essentially doing what was initially mentioned not to be allowed, but the GM then turns around and says it was alright because they had changed something (but apparently didn't mention it publicly) or something like that.
Basically I'm not fond of weak GM's... And my standard probably is too harsh XD

Reactions: FireDrake150
Regarding how I found the RP, I think I was browsing the interest threads. Sorry I've been spotty posting, I haven't played Ilona long enough to know what she'd naturally do and I've been having trouble following RP's in general lately.

Reactions: koolkat4595
I feel the same way which is why I asked you if you had a planned plot when I first joined. I was just scrolling through the sign up forums when I found this role play. it was weird because I was debating whether to join because I had already had like 6 roleplays I was acrive in but within that same week like two of them died out so it worked in my favor. I tried a sandbox role play once and not saying that I don't like them but the GM of the role play didn't have anything really planned so it died really quickly but not saying that it's going to happen to this role play cuz it seems like you have something planned which is great because I like the storyline that you created. I'm going to post and want introduce a new side character but its not going to be like a main character so I don't know if I should make a character sheet or not.

Land of Wings originally started out as a simple spur of the moment sandbox RP (Didn't know the term sandbox back then, but still) As it went along more and more plot started to be woven into its original design, and now it's nearly inseparable from some of those. So yeah, when you asked sandbox or not I had to go back and check how much of this would really be plot, and how much would be a free for all. I want to see what kind of plots will be woven into the current flow as we progress, all the while the hidden plot slowly uncovers.
The plot that you're starting to see (golem) is part of a longer, elaborate, plot that won't be unfolded for a long time. I'll be lifting the curtain on it bit by bit, but till then it will be all about what you all bring to the table. :)
So it's a mix between plot and sandbox. Sandbox for the most part, till I think it's time to shake some more sand off of the plot.

Silverdawn, we've got a bit of a timing issue here.
The golem appeared, your character flew off, had a chat, and flew back. Which means a some time has passed since then.
The queen, who knows the sound of a golem, would never stay put in a city that is under attack, especially not a few minutes, so she's long gone. I just haven't had a chance to post my character's post yet (been forced on a tablet lately, and I hate writing on a tablet >.<)
Sorry about that, it's kinda what happens at times, disgruntled timelines when some can't post as often :)

Last edited:
I look foreward to seeing how The queen will act around Ixana next time thry meet, After all he's just a merchant intent on laying down his life for others. XD

I predict either a praise response,

Or a 'You gool never fo that again idiot' response. Either way Izana is doing what he feels right. xD

There we go, got the latest two characters in the IC thread. @Vio, @Katy Kat you can join in now. It's a bit hectic. If you need any assistance, let me know.

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
@Winter With all the hectics going on, do you think you'll be able to get back into the roleplay, are you waiting on someone, or is there anything I can do for you at this point?

I'll get Layana's post later today hopefully.

Last edited:
Silverdawn, we've got a bit of a timing issue here.
The golem appeared, your character flew off, had a chat, and flew back. Which means a some time has passed since then.
The queen, who knows the sound of a golem, would never stay put in a city that is under attack, especially not a few minutes, so she's long gone. I just haven't had a chance to post my character's post yet (been forced on a tablet lately, and I hate writing on a tablet >.<)
Sorry about that, it's kinda what happens at times, disgruntled timelines when some can't post as often :)
Oh alright I'll edit my post to exclude you character.

If it wasn't for that golem it could have worked out perfectly XD

lets see, The queen, A dragon, A few angels, And probably more, Going off to protect the city. xD A rag-tag team, to be sure. xD

Oh this isn't the worst team they've had in the Land XD
A dhampire, angel/demon hybrid, angel, tengu, earth/decay elemental, against a ancient angel like creature of white magic that was immune to most magic... They never defeated her, she just kind of flew off to fight them another day.
So in that light. I think the odds of this team shouldn't be too horrible haha... I hope

• Love
Hey, Izana had no family.... Insensitive. xD

Reactions: koolkat4595
I think I'm gonna bow out; I don't really know what to do with my character and I'm just going to slow y'all down. Have fun killing the golem?

koolkat, yes, the current threat is a golem. I was referring to an older rendition of the Land of Wings.

Michelle, that's unfortunate. It could have been really nice to have your character in this mix. It was very unfortunate that you happened to not have someone to interact with early on. So I'm sorry about that. It's part of my job as GM to make sure no one gets left behind, and I didn't really do a good job on your behalf. I would love to still see you in this roleplay, but if you really feel that this isn't the place for you anymore, then I'll respect your wishes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.