Land of Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aust can be friendly and kind, but he's driven by money. So much so that he wouldn't mind turning on his friends.
"What are you talking about," Aust says quickly trying to hide the obvious truth and whisper, "Shh, don't tell everyone."

:P Yes yes, no one will know the obvious truth :P
That's just what it came down to in my interpretation, could be off of course XD

:P Yes yes, no one will know the obvious truth :P
That's just what it came down to in my interpretation, could be off of course XD
Nope you got him covered pretty well, he is actually based off a D&D character I have with his skills and personality but he is a Dark elf in that so I made him a demon since it does fit his character flaws as he is nice on the outside but it isn't too hard to sway him with a little bit of coin.

Cool. Sometimes reusing (traits of) a character can pay off well. :)

@Winter Thank you for being kind enough to actually point out what was wrong, unlike someone else. It helped me be able to actually see what was wrong and change it. I have changed it so she doesn't seem 'too perfect', even though that really depends on the eyes of the beholder cause my friend had something to say about it as well when I showed her. I'm getting off topic though. Please look over her form once again and you'll see the changes.

@XxDreamingxX

Please keep your spite and Nastiness to a minimum. I got a hint of A f*** you attitude from that post directed at Olissa. She is thr Head of the group here, She can accept or deny for any reason, and if you continue to be nasty about our trying to help you create something that would be a good fit, I don't think it would be doing you any favors. Please read through your posts before you make them. 'Unlike Someone' sort of comments are laden with attitude and in a way like fireing bullets at us. All we are trying to do is help you, And, at least as far as what I have seen, You do not like listening and discussing it. Let us all try to be friendly here and personable please. no need for anger and spite.

Reactions: Esmeray
You do know that your choice of words just was a very, very bad move on your part, right?
As I said, I may not be the best in pointing out exact details by breaking things down, simply because I often find that it should be up to a person to reevaluate what they wrote closely before exact points are made.
And that last post of yours was the final straw.
By saying 'unlike someone else' you explicitly decided to make a sneering remark in my direction and for that, as well as how you have reacted towards me before, and unwillingness to being open for correction, plus your overly negative response over PM when I turned down your question to be the Crown Princess, and only agreeing change when someone breaks it down bit by bit, I will not allow you in my roleplay.

To all those that had to sit through this drama, I am sorry you had to see this side of me. I try to be very lenient in this roleplay and find ways to make things work in this RP based on what people's original ideas were. That unfortunately doesn't always work. In these cases I indeed can be a bit too strong and sharp, so I am sorry if that has somehow taken you aback. I do hope we can continue on with the wonderful story that is unfolding together.

Olissa I have a question about the technological advancement in this world. Are there flying machines, or can there be flying prototypes?? I wanted to make a inventor/engineer that created a flying machine. It goes awry and they crash on the floating lands. Probably scare people.

With the engineer/inventor there will be a researcher/scholar/scientist looking to find the logical explanation of why the island floats. I figured it would be an interesting concept.

Humans by now have come to this land. So yes, rockets and planes are a real thing here. It just happens to be that this land was never really at war and originally the inhabitants all had wings, which is why they don't really have a need for planes and tend not to rely on more than a sword or magic. There are modern guns, brought by those that came here, and the fashion is slowly being influenced by the world below, but since they were isolated, they go their own way a lot.
But yes, flying machines do exist in this universe.

Now the floating land (Not sure if I've mentioned this in public before, but the Land is roughly the size of half of the US mainland, or the same size as Europe.) has been visited by people from the world below, but down there it isn't as well known that this land actually exists. At times it has become part of folklore, or even mythology, and there are modern reports about it, but it isn't a vacation destination. So that's about it.

If you still want to make a character on the flying machine invention tour, there are of course still many ways to make that work.

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
Humans by now have come to this land. So yes, rockets and planes are a real thing here. It just happens to be that this land was never really at war and originally the inhabitants all had wings, which is why they don't really have a need for planes and tend not to rely on more than a sword or magic. There are modern guns, brought by those that came here, and the fashion is slowly being influenced by the world below, but since they were isolated, they go their own way a lot.
But yes, flying machines do exist in this universe.

Now the floating land (Not sure if I've mentioned this in public before, but the Land is roughly the size of half of the US mainland, or the same size as Europe.) has been visited by people from the world below, but down there it isn't as well known that this land actually exists. At times it has become part of folklore, or even mythology, and there are modern reports about it, but it isn't a vacation destination. So that's about it.

If you still want to make a character on the flying machine invention tour, there are of course still many ways to make that work.

True I could just have it be a young teenager who is aspiring to become a aeroengineer/mechanic, so she tinkers with old run down planes and stuff. If that works. So the land below is full of humans??? Or is it all kinds of species all over this world?

Humans, elves, a lot of non-winged beings, and a few winged beings. As you can see in many of the characters here, the world below is a place where many types of beings/creatures exist. Some just happen to be more secluded.

And a young teen going out to fly like that might not be the most logical path. A young teen, even with a lot of drive to work on planes, is highly unlikely to be up there flying a plane, especially by themselves.

@Olissa I wasn't being negative about anything in the PM! I accepted what you said, end of story. Maybe if you actually pointed out what was wrong instead of trying to tutor me, non of this would have happened. Blame yourself. I've always been open to criticism but I can't exactly change anything when no one points out exactly what is wrong. Maybe you should take lessons from Winter, cause they knew what to do in such a situation. Good day to you.

Humans, elves, a lot of non-winged beings, and a few winged beings. As you can see in many of the characters here, the world below is a place where many types of beings/creatures exist. Some just happen to be more secluded.

And a young teen going out to fly like that might not be the most logical path. A young teen, even with a lot of drive to work on planes, is highly unlikely to be up there flying a plane, especially by themselves.
eeh, I agree not by themselves, but I've met two teens that know how to operate a plane. She doesnt have to be a teen though, I could just make her a young adult. xD

@Olissa I wasn't being negative about anything in the PM! I accepted what you said, end of story. Maybe if you actually pointed out what was wrong instead of trying to tutor me, non of this would have happened. Blame yourself. I've always been open to criticism but I can't exactly change anything when no one points out exactly what is wrong. Maybe you should take lessons from Winter, cause they knew what to do in such a situation. Good day to you.
Forgive my retortful snipe, But Translating that post in a few words:

"I cannot think for myself."

If we have to tell you EXACTLY what is wrong, Then this Role play wouldn't be a very good fit for you anyway. Please, Don't ignore us when we suggest rereading and cutting the anger out.

It would make it more believable if the character is a bit older. That would then also make more sense if she then is trying to figure out how the land stays in the air.

Dreaming, I pointed out that she was too perfect, top of everything, (nearly) unbeatable, and that that was too much. You elected to ignore what I said about that, decided to tell me that I had no right to talk about her personality, and then went on about the introversion being a negative enough trait.
You chose to ignore most of what I said and only continue on one small portion of my corrections. Seriously, I mentioned between brackets that I am an introvert and that that isn't necessarily a bad trait, and certainly not enough to stand against being good at everything else. And yet you are the one that chose to continue on about whether or not introversion belongs on the positive or negative traits.
When I then repeated that she is too unbalanced, too perfect, you asked me if she wasn't allowed to be unpredictable or introverted. That is not what I said at all, and I explained that to you in detail, while Winter pinpointed a few of the things that stood out the most.
It was then that you decided to make a sneering remark about/towards me.
I will not tolerate being ignored, sneered at, and then told that I should have told you what was wrong in the first place.
If you do not like how I work here, then get out.

Perhaps a lesson for you is that if you don't get what someone is saying to ask something along the lines of 'could you explain'. Instead of going right up against it with a hard head and ignoring what is being said.
so I'll twist your words around towards you. "If only you had asked me exactly what I meant, then this all wouldn't have happened."

FireDrake, let's try not to start a war here ;) I do thank you for wanting to stick up for me.

It would make it more believable if the character is a bit older. That would then also make more sense if she then is trying to figure out how the land stays in the air.

Dreaming, I pointed out that she was too perfect, top of everything, (nearly) unbeatable, and that that was too much. You elected to ignore what I said about that, decided to tell me that I had no right to talk about her personality, and then went on about the introversion being a negative enough trait.
You chose to ignore most of what I said and only continue on one small portion of my corrections. Seriously, I mentioned between brackets that I am an introvert and that that isn't necessarily a bad trait, and certainly not enough to stand against being good at everything else. And yet you are the one that chose to continue on about whether or not introversion belongs on the positive or negative traits.
When I then repeated that she is too unbalanced, too perfect, you asked me if she wasn't allowed to be unpredictable or introverted. That is not what I said at all, and I explained that to you in detail, while Winter pinpointed a few of the things that stood out the most.
It was then that you decided to make a sneering remark about/towards me.
I will not tolerate being ignored, sneered at, and then told that I should have told you what was wrong in the first place.
If you do not like how I work here, then get out.

Perhaps a lesson for you is that if you don't get what someone is saying to ask something along the lines of 'could you explain'. Instead of going right up against it with a hard head and ignoring what is being said.

FireDrake, let's try not to start a war here ;) I do thank you for wanting to stick up for me.
Thanks! Also she isn't the one that is trying to figure it out, the person she is traveling with is. I might just make the researcher character though. I go teverything down. xD

as for Dreaming, I already did all of us the favor of linking her the site policies in a PM. Let's try not to dwell on it further. Responding back will only just drag this out further, and it would be a shame for such a new member to get the hammer from an admin so early. lol

Good luck trying to work everything out. Will be looking forward to seeing what you have in mind.

Hm at this rate we really will have a 2to1 ratio of females vs males again XD

• Love
Reactions: FireDrake150
Final question, can i use my own character sheet??? It's not to long I promise xD

I would prefer it if you could match it to the one the rest have used.

Not start a war? Forgive me, that wasn't my intention, only was trying to show how I interpreted it. My apologies. Also, it's nothing special, Olissa. I'd like to consider you a friend, and I'd do no less for any of my friends. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.