Land of Wings

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name:
Vamir Rhothomi Evindal

Sex:
Male

Race:
Ovarian Elves
Avariels

Appearance:
Dreadlord.%28Ciel%29.600.1862513.jpg

History:

Vamir's life with his fellow winged elves wasn't necessarily pleasant. His clan lived isolated in the high unreachable alps away from civilization until further technological advancements aided in their discovery. Despite this, the clan kept to themselves and established a distant platonic relationship with the other lands that stretched across the globe. At the time it was forbidden for those not of age to leave the small cluster of villages, but Vamir had already fallen under the influence of the outside world. Having met a traveling doctor as a child, he discovered the joy of books and knowledge. Reading scriptures from the neighboring lands was forbidden, but despite this Vamir would sneak away to steal books from unsuspecting human villages.

Eventually his innocent thievery cost him his beautiful onyx wings, and the temporary banishment from his home. Since then he has learned from his mistakes and the ordeal scared him into becoming the "by the book" man that he is today. Despite his rocky start, he looks forward to learning all that he can and hopefully make a name for himself on the floating isle. He plans to attend the land's most esteemed medical school, and obtain a career as a doctor.

Personality:
ISTJ
(introverted, Observant, Thinking, Judging, Assertive)

A defining characteristic of Vamir is his tireless dedication towards obtaining knowledge, and takes pride in his own intelligence. This could be said for any goal that the young man has; he will never stop pursuing what he desires and doesn't waste any time or energy reaching for that goal. He is the type to remain calm in most situations, and prefers to not make any assumptions about anyone or anything. Rather Vamir prefers to stop and analyze his surroundings, checking the facts, and arriving to logical or practical solutions. The elf is very no-nonsense kind of creature, and doesn't particularly like those who are unreliable or immature. While he may be an introvert, he has no problems with being bluntly honest and assertive with others. This harsh honesty causes him to be some what insensitive to others, or misunderstood. He is also very stubborn, and has troubles in situations that may require some rule bending. Unfortunately, Vamir can be a bit judgmental of others who would rather spout uneducated opinions over cold hard facts. In these cases he comes off as an arrogant asshole, a cynical critic. Despite this, he never thinks himself to be above anyone. Quite the contrary, he is actually quite insecure and often blames himself to harshly for his own failures.

Job:
Scholar

Other:
+ He has a box of black feathers that used to make up his wings. He hopes to find an enchantress that can enchant the feathers to be used as daggers.

+ His daggers are indeed infused with magic runes. The effects of each dagger are random.

+ He knows some basic spells.​

Last edited:
image.jpg Name: Lilli Oeda
Race: Vampire (If those are allowed. ^^")
History: Lilli was born in a small town on the outskirts of The Capital. Centuries ago, she used to work as, well, a Lady of the Night. (Prostitute) On one of her nightly escapades, she was fortunate, or to some, unfortunate to come across a vampire, who, instead of killing her, gave her the choice to live eternal. Now, over 400 years later, Lilli is wiser and more keen than many. Sometimes, she still sees herself as that 27 year old 'entertainer', walking down the street on a cold, dark night.
Personality: Lilli is a keen, intelligent individual, but she also has a more darker side. She is seductive, and can even be manipulative if need be.
Job: Now, Lilli is a personal mistress to one of the upper class men.
Other: Despite her behavior, Lilli is quite the hopeless romantic, and hopes that one day she can have a companion to join her side.

I can change up her description if vampires are not allowed! ^^"

It's not often that people take a personality type test (such as the Myers Briggs test or the RHETI test) for a character. I tend to do that a lot for my characters to understand them better, but I rarely see others use that method. Nice. (I'm an INFJ/INFP with side dish of ENFP... I don't really belong anywhere haha)
What happened to the idea you had about someone accidentally landing/crashing onto the land and/or trying to figure out how it stays in the air? (Which by the way, I already know the answer to :P)

Although I would also like it if you could give a written description with the image, I think by now I've let one or two others pass on without a written description, so I won't really make a point of that haha. Other than that he seems good to me. Curious how he got to the Land?

As for our vampire, in a previous rendition I've had a vampire and a dhampire, so I don't have too much of an issue with vampires being in the Land. Heck there's scare dark demons and big dangerous dragons. A vampire here and there probably isn't the most dangerous of beings.
What kind of being was she before the vampire turned her? In all likelihood she would still have some traits of what she was (such as wings).

It's not often that people take a personality type test (such as the Myers Briggs test or the RHETI test) for a character. I tend to do that a lot for my characters to understand them better, but I rarely see others use that method. Nice. (I'm an INFJ/INFP with side dish of ENFP... I don't really belong anywhere haha)
What happened to the idea you had about someone accidentally landing/crashing onto the land and/or trying to figure out how it stays in the air? (Which by the way, I already know the answer to :P)

Although I would also like it if you could give a written description with the image, I think by now I've let one or two others pass on without a written description, so I won't really make a point of that haha. Other than that he seems good to me. Curious how he got to the Land?

As for our vampire, in a previous rendition I've had a vampire and a dhampire, so I don't have too much of an issue with vampires being in the Land. Heck there's scare dark demons and big dangerous dragons. A vampire here and there probably isn't the most dangerous of beings.
What kind of being was she before the vampire turned her? In all likelihood she would still have some traits of what she was (such as wings).
I love taking the personality tests!! I feel like I really understand my characters better when I do. Plus it helps with other things such as their strengths and weaknesses, and the their career paths. Unfortunately I've found out that a lot of my characters are ENFP, ISFJ, ISTJ, or ESFJ. I don't seem to get many of the other personality types which bothers me greatly. lol

As for my own personality I keep getting INFP, and INTJ. ^^

Oh no that would still happen, but I'm thinking of making her an NPC for now. She's going to be the one that takes Vamir to the floating isle. ^^'

Ah okay got it :)

Haha, spot on. And yay, pizza

Huh, by writing out the history of how the Land came to be, I just figured out the origin stories for the creation story* and evolution theory*.

*=only applicable in this roleplay and not to that of the real world (XD)

Last edited:
Reactions: Esmeray
Dun dun dun...

Right, I think this ought to be obvious enough without it being said, but just in case. This thing isn't easily beaten. So no super flashy big power moves that smashes it to pieces just yet ;) You're going to have to think, and work together. (And most importantly, stay in character! Leaders lead, followers follow, and those that don't have a determined spot, don't suddenly be the hero. That stuff can get you killed.)

Oh right, yes. Death is an actual thing here. There is no cheating death. Necromancy is highly frowned upon as it changes a person for the worse when they come back. Think... mindless puppet.

The sight of these things, these stone golems (or any other material golem for that matter) is extremely rare. They are normally only used as weapons to attack and destroy in very extreme occasions. Tools of war you could say. They do not exist under normal circumstances, as they are created by magic. They either have to be destroyed, or complete their task in order to be gotten rid of.

Good luck, let's all hope it does not reach its target.

Had somehow stopped getting alerts here, Hmm, Is anyone waiting on me?

If so, My apologies.

Reactions: koolkat4595
Just check the thread ;) always best way to find out. Especially since we don't know which message you got last ;)

Reactions: FireDrake150
@Olissa, I wish to inform you that I will be going on a trip for a while, so I will have no Internet connection other than through my phone. So please don't be mad if my replies do not meet the standards required for the rp. Thank you. *bows*

That's alright, thanks for informing me.
Going on a vacation trip?

Ah gotcha, well have fun! Going to visit them long?

Not long, hopefully. Just maybe until sunday.

same here for some odd reason i have not been getting many alerts since saturday. i hope i did not miss much.

Hm well, make sure to check the latest IC posts, kinda important.
And trust me, you do not want to read all the OOC happenings that happened in the last few days... Not all of it's pretty.

Anyway, Cybermoon, hope you'll at least be able to enjoy yourself there, and we'll see you when you return for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.