Land of Wings (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layana

For a brief moment an older man had come up to Layana and Warlock and asked her what she was, obviously having been intrigued by the state of her discolored and mismatched wings. From the way he said he hadn't seen it in many years almost felt like he may have seen something like this before. Did that mean there were others like her? A known ailment that was curable or perhaps still being studied? But before she could really figure out how to respond he had already left off into a different direction, in part because of the crowd that passed them by. Eccentric came to mind as she thought about him. Perhaps he was some kind of sage that would have been able to help? Didn't really matter now.
Briefly shaking her head Layana looked back at the man that was bringing her towards the inn.

A chimera, two beings essentially merged together in one way or another. She shook her head. "I'm not a chimera, as far as I am aware." Lazily she ran her hand through her hair, sweeping it more over to her right side.
"It started about ten years ago." To be honest there was a slightly hazy moment in her memory. But around that time it started. "It's not just my wings or hair that's 'messed up'. I'm an angel, normally we can't really do dark magic, but.." She waved her fingers. A swirl of soft warm light formed at the ends of her fingers, till the tips started to grow dark and eventually consume all of the light.
"I figure it might have been a curse or so. Though maybe a hybrid could be it too. Don't know, my parents are humans so they haven't been able to help. They're more convinced that it's nothing worth looking into." She shrugged.

His situation wasn't much better either, judging by what he had said. "Amnesia..." She mused. "So is that why you call yourself Warlock?" Warlock didn't exactly sound like a normal name or nickname one would announce, so maybe he didn't remember his own name.
"I knew a spell that could retrieve fragments of memories, but with my powers in such a twist, I'm more likely to remove even more." She rolled her eyes at herself. "So you also don't know how you came from the World Below to the Land or why? Maybe you were on an important mission or so."
Glancing around Layana recognized a few of the buildings they passed. She had passed these this morning when she left the in, which meant... Yes, over there on the left was the sign of the Rover's inn.
"I really had walked the completely wrong direction." She chuckled.

Lena

Barely having asked what the blacksmith had for her, someone entered. Instinctively Lena threw up the hood to cover most of her face. She may have trusted Keahi enough to reveal her face, but she wasn't going to risk it with strangers. Standing by one of the walls Lena peered from under the cloth to the person. Or to be more precise, the dragon. Goodness. In most of her adventures out into the city she hadn't encountered many of those. As Queen she had had her fair share of having interaction with dragons of one kind or another, but it didn't happen often. In part because they tended to keep more to themselves and their own kin.
The young dragon seemed to be having trouble with a collar around his neck. Probably a slave's collar. Poor thing.

Soon enough another person entered, inquiring if everything was alright. It didn't surprise her all that much that someone would go and check, as there was plenty of prejudice towards dragons in general. Plenty had made a bad name for themselves and their species, so others sometimes jumped to conclusions.
However, judging by how he looked once he saw the state of the dragon, it seemed he too realized there wasn't much to worry. Aside from of course the tight collar. The collar that the dragon kept clawing at.
"Stop." She eventually said. "The clawing will only make it worse." It definitely didn't seem to be doing anything to the collar. Judging by what he had said, there was a chance that it was enchanted. It wouldn't be the first time, and there had been a murdering group of slavers a few years back. She had personally seen to it that they were sent to prison for their deeds. Most of the captives had been set free then, but one of the ones that had been attacked had managed to get away on his own, so they hadn't been able to help him. From the looks of it, he was the one that got away.

As much as she preferred to keep her identity hidden and unknown, she wasn't going to let someone of her kingdom suffer because of it. Undoing the clasp that held her cloak closed Lena took the fabric off her shoulders. Knowing how dirty the floor of a blacksmith's shop could be, Lena placed the cloak on the floor before kneeling down next to the dragon's head in her pale blue and gold embroidered dress.
"I cannot remove the metal itself, but I can remove the enchantment that is holding it in place, as I did for the others that had been taken captive by that gang." She said, hinting through that she knew exactly how he got this restraint. "And no, I do not require payment. It is my sworn duty to protect those in this Land." Okay she didn't exactly say why, but it was her duty as queen to do so.
"Please, hold still." She raised her hands, letting them stay a few inches above the collar itself. It didn't take long before the palms of her hands glowed with a warm and soft light. As the magic dealt with the enchantment, Lena's presence itself almost seemed to light up.
A little while later a soft clink was heard. The metal hadn't budged, but Lena smiled. "There. It is now in the hands of the smith." She looked at Keahi. "Should there be a need for payment, I shall take care of it."

Keahi

He was just about to show Lena what he had made for her when two people came rushing into his shop. A dragon with a collar. Keahi frowned. He had taken chains off quite a few people in his time. It was probably illegal but he hardly cared. Nobody deserved to be chained.

Before he could say anything, Lena was removing the enchantment on the collar. No wonder the dragon hadn't been able to get it off. Keahi wouldn't have been able to either, but now he could.

"Alright, now that that's done, I've got some tools outside that should be able to get that collar right off," he said. He turned to Lena and gave her an apologetic smile. She would be alright for a few minutes, he hoped. Before he could doubt himself, he opened the door and gestured for the dragon to follow him outside.

"Alright, let me get a look at that collar," he said. Hopefully it had a padlock that he could break, which would mean he wouldn't have to risk harming the poor guy. Without a padlock, he'd either have to cut or burn the collar off and dragon or not, that could seriously hurt.

Deneas

As she was walking down the street, Deneas's attention was caught at the sound of someone shouting about a thief. She hurried over to the sound of the shout, coming from a shop-owner. But it looked like there were some good Samaritans still left. A girl had already tackled the thief, which made Deneas's job a lot easier.

She managed to catch up to the thief as he was getting to his knees. Before he even noticed her, her hand was wrapped tightly around his arm, keeping him from fleeing.

"Is this the thief?" she asked, glancing from the girl to the shop-owner.

Izana nods, Motioning to follow Keahi, but stops for a moment and looks to the Queen, a sight not common to behold in person this closely, Though He swears she looks like one of his friends that stopped secretly meeting with him before the tradgedy. Could she have been his friend, Or does she merely look similar? While it could be either way, One thing is abundantly clear: She is his Queen, and he is obligated to show her respect. Walking slowly up to her, He bows to the ground, Head against the geound pointing at her, Hind knees spread out a little so that his front paws can slide between them, and his wings open partially and angle back at a 45 degree angle, making him resemble a neon glider. A formal dragon bow, Far too formal for the occasion, but, would that Leah were in tune with some of the different dragon cultures, It would be recognizable as a bow that shows both a respect, as well as a willingness to follow her lead. His Flight Leader, In essence. After a few more minutes of this, He opens his eyes and looks to his queen. "Forgive me Your majesty, But I need to go with the Blacksmith and have my collar removed so I can live long enough to support you. I will return shortly." With that, He tudns to follow the smith outside.

Once out, Izana sits, Laying his head on an anvil so that he can examine it, he shifts his eyes to the man in question. "I'm sorry for interrupting you earlier sir. I should have been more tactful..." He sighs, his scales radiating heat like a living, breathing, space heater, something that would suggest Fire as the plausible removal method, as no lock remains in sight, merely lines seeming to indicate the collar could contract some, but was at it's expansive limits. "I am a fire dragon, If that helps with the removal sir..." he looks to various points in the area with his eyes and studies them*

[fieldbox="Nyka, #d0a9f5"]
"Nyka, run!" Richtor hissed at his daughter as the female guard grabbed his arm. Although he was larger than his captor, Richtor did not resist, instead letting his arm go limp as he surrendered, head bowed in submission.

"Yes, that's him!" shouted the stall-owner in answer to the guard's question, and the angel pointed his pale finger at the elemental. "I saw him steal a plate, and the Queen only knows what else he took!"

Nyka, rather than listening to her father, began to plead with the guard. "Please, I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding! Please miss, don't take my Father away!" She darted in to grab the guard's hand and in doing so knocked her father once more. This time a blue plate fell from within his clothing to the ground, ringing with the sound of metal falling onto the cobblestone road. There was silence for a moment as everyone just stopped to stare at the plate on the ground, and the bright white symbols faded from view, leaving only an etching within the blue surface.

"You see! I told you he took that plate!" the stall-owner shouted hysterically. "Although I didn't realise it was of a magical nature - I've severely under-priced it." he added under his breath. Returning to his normal voice the angel asked, "What else did he take? I demand the Queen's justice!"

Nyka looked pleadingly at the Royal Guard, but for once she was speechless. How could her father do such a thing? Her father was a kind and honorable man, he'd never take something that belonged to another without paying for it. A magic plate? There simply must be more to the story...
[/fieldbox]

@Silver Fallen

Victor hadn't been having the best morning. When he woke up,he was informed that once again Queen Lena had gone missing from the castle and of course he was given the task of finding her. Although it was a very rare occurrence,it was tedious none the less. Victor searched for all of five minutes before he gave up. He knew the Queen was capable of taking care of herself and that she'd return eventually and so he decided to hide out somewhere until she decided to show her face back at the palace.

Victor walked through town before finally coming upon one of the more popular Inn's the Roved Inn. He walked in and was immediately greeted by the owner. "Prince Victor,how the hell are ya?" The man said in his scruffy slither voice. Sal owner and manager of the Rover's Inn was a kind man,sure he was a little rough around the edges but nonetheless a good man. "I'm doing fine Sal" Victor said chuckling as he took a seat at the bar and ordered a drink. "What're ya doing so far from the palace,shouldn't you be taking a bubble bath and eating eggs Benedict?" Sal teased. It was true being raised in the palace,Victor was quite accustomed to the finer things in life but that didn't mean he couldn't get his hands dirty. If only people knew what he did while working as an Incubus. "Well I was looking for someone,but they'll find there way back to me. They always do" Victor sighed deciding not to tell Sal about Queen Lena's disappearance mass panic would not be a good look for the country. After chatting with Sal for a bit Victor decided to contact Queen Lena. The tip of his index finger glowed with a warm bright light and began writing in the air. It was a technique that Queen Lena taught him in case he ever needed to contact her,the spell is scarcely taught because of the amount of skill it takes. Only the sender and reciever are able to read the message which makes it great for espionage missions or SOS's. The message read. "Dear Queen Lena,how are you this morning?it seems that you have gone astray once again. When you are on your way back to the palace,just let me know and I will come to get you. -Victor." Victor blew onto the light message,it morphed into dust and flew off into the wind and to the queen. After finishing his task Victor visibly relaxed turning and watching people come in and out of the Inn. Visitors to the country who walked in gaped at his good looks and of course he returned their stares with a flirty smile and natives to the country greeted him casually.

After A while Victor could feel a familiar presence approaching the Inn. It was familiar and yet different.
"That's definitely Queen Lena's presence and yet it's definitely not her" he mumbled under his breath waiting for the person to enter the Inn.

@Olissa

LoWWingBlack.png
New Being in the Land of Wings
LoWWingWhite.png

Azra Veritas

~"Fortiter in re, suaviter in modo"~
-Resolute/unhesitant in action, gentle in manner-

"Begin!"

Her voice pierced the air, prompting the unit of guards to engage her in combat; the sound of armor clattering as swords were raised and brought forth to deal blows against the officer who stood alone at the center of the training grounds. Azra was a dedicated servant to the Queen and a friend, an angel of merits who earned her place through unwavering determination in the face of danger. She was young in appearance, but possessed a wise head and a unique trait of loyalty found desirable for those who wore her title.

The young angel's blade slashed an upward arch with incredible speed to meet the sword of the first guard to reach her, knocking his blade away before she continued with the momentum, twisting her form into a sideways flip to avoid the next incoming blow. As she recomposed her stance her wrist twisted to present the flat surface of her sword, parrying a strike towards her chest before her other hand shot forth to take the hand of the guard which rested upon his sword, disarming him quickly before her leg shot out to strike his chest, pushing him away from her which caused him to lose footing and fall.

Azra continued to fend off the blows, her movements elegant and graceful as each guard attempted to land a blow upon her form. When each guard had failed and was unable to proceed, the young angel aimed the tip of her sword towards the ground in front of her before stabbing it down, resting her hands upon the hilt. "Why did I beat you?" she asked as she looked between them. One of her subordinates climbed to her feat, her breaths labored from over exertion, "Your training far surpasses our own ma'am, your skill is unmatched by us" she replied as her comrades began to stand around her.

Azra's expression didn't change, it remained soft and expressed her curiosity to hear their answers. "Wrong. My training or my title has no bearing on my ability to fight. My rank or training does not make me faster, stronger or better than any of you. The reason you lost is because you didn't believe you could beat me, and if you are unable to believe in yourselves, how can you expect to beat anyone?" she replied as her eyes moved between each of them. "When facing an opponent you must not fret over what accolades, training or background they might have for it will lead you only into a spiral of doubt. Confidence and belief in the ability of yourselves is key to overcoming any obstacle you're faced with" she continued.

Azra raised her blade from the dirt, moving it out to her side before she slid it back into it's sheath, just in time to be approached by a palace guard who seemed worried. The guard gave a brisk salute before relaying his report. "Ma'am, the Queen is not within the palace and her personal guard do not know her whereabouts" he reported. Azra looked towards the unit she'd been training, "Dismissed" she said before turning her attention back to the the guard who seemed nervous. "It is unlike the Queen to leave without notifying the guard, if she is not here than she has likely left the palace to pursue her own interests privately without the unwanted attention. Fetch me a cloak, I will find the Queen and ensure her safety" she replied, the guard giving another salute before running off to complete the task.

Azra turned and strode towards the Palace to prepare herself. She gave a small smile to herself, shaking her head a little, "You and your adventures... " she said beneath her breath. Of course she knew well that the Queen was likely out on her rare visits, though Azra much preferred being close by just in case, even if the Queen desired she not join her.​

Last edited:
VAMADRA LAVELLAN
"wake up young mistress, soon you will be late!" cold hands were now shaking Vamadra softly. " it's about time for-" The low voice was interrupted by a woman's booming voice. " Don't bother helana, she is faking. VAMADRA STOP POUTING AND GET UP!" it was her mother's voice, Kata. "You need to eat before you leave now get up!" Kata pushed Vamadra out of her comfortable queen sized bed. "Mom I cannot leave me room, im too sad to get up" Vamadra was now on face first on the rug. Good thing too, since her dark maple flooring was just as cold as the smooth stone bricks in the hallways. Vamadra never understood why her mother did not upgrade their estate's heating, no one but her likes the cold floors. " stop mopping around. that is not the Vamadra that i know and love. You got this job with her own might, you dont need the council to give purpose to your live" Vamadra had heard this speech for the fourth time. "Mom i know you think that is what i want to hear, but while i love tomes and history, fighting with you is my dream"

Helena helped Vamadra up. She smiled at Helena, wondered why the woman has not quit yet. She and her mother were a rough bunch, and helena seemed so sweet and quiet. "Thank you, at least one person in this room is not bruising me up on my first day." vamadra stuck her tongue out at her mother, who promptly threw what was a emerald green dress at her. "Where this, it will go great with your hazel eyes" Vamadra signed and laid the dress on the bed. "Oh alright mom, even though the only time you wear a dress is for those stupid balls at the palace. you get to wear those comfortable pants and i get to feel the wind up my butt" Vamadra walks into her on suit and getting ready for a bath. "Pants? you mean my armor leggings? sweetie that is not the same" Vamadra ignored her mother's endless excuses.

Vamadra used the bath time to center herself for work it was what her mother dubbed as "cushy job". Mostly in the hall of archives at the palace. There is where most of the land of the skies history and related magical documents were held. There was said to be rare medical journals and even tolems on other countries history and lore. Vamadra tried to get herself excited over being about to read them, but she could. It was a glorified librarian job with the small chance of being about to visit the main land to search for special tolems. Vamadra did remember hearing that archivists also have to double as diplomats when treaties are being forged, but there has not exactly been any wars lately. The job also goes to the head archivist, who gets all the glory and jobs to leave the land. It would be a fat chance Vamadra would get that job anytime soon, even those the current head might kick the can any time now.

vamadra washed herself, and dried herself just in time for the Helena to announce that breakfast was waiting. When Vamadra went to get dressed, she saw that her mother also picked out a sensible pair of white flats with crystal stones on the top. "This whole outfit does not suit me, but i guess i have to dress like a lady" The word lady fell out of her month with disgust. This was mostly due to her mother's insistence of Vamadra taking mannerism lessons and other useless girly lessons since vamadra got here years ago. After getting dressed, Helena braided back her waist length silver hair into neat hairstlye. "Thank you helena" Vamadra held onto her maid's hand. " It does not matter how hectic it gets around here, you have also been the calming center of this storm of a family. You have never giving me bad advice since i came here. What do you think i should do about all this?" Helena did not take a moment to ponder. " My dear Velora, You have a beautiful heart, but a hard head. Let go of what was and embrace what is. It is the best way to life. never let the past control making a better future. things happen for a reason." Helena pulled vamadra into a big squeeze. Helena only called Vamadra by her elven name when they are alone." i know, I know. But i needed to hear it from you". Vamadra hugged helena again and hurried off to eat.

Vamadra left her home. It was on the greener side of the Capitol, where the most largest estates were (Short of the palace). vamadra walked from quiet rood connecting all the estates, into the busy roads of the capitol. It was strange, the every other road was teeming with life. Vamadra tried to remember the way to the palace. It was not that one could not see the palace towering over the capitol, but the roads here were nothing short of a maze. After long Vamadra spotted a forge that her mother frequently shopped at to get her armor and swords repaired. Vamadra never got to o there often, since it was always the errand girl who did it for her mom. This was the first time Vamadra ever left the estate by herself. "Maybe i could...." Before she could make up her mind the commotion further down the street swept her into the smith shoppe. "Oh geez, looks like ill be late on my first day" Vamadra could feel herself getting excited. Her mother probably never wanted her to go to any forge in the city, since her father was a well known smithy and craftsmen. The heat from the forge felt like home. Walking into the shop, Vamadra looked around. "Hello?" There was already a few people there. She did not trying to stare at them, though one might have been a female with beautiful blonde hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ilona sat in a booth in a quiet but well-lit corner of The Roved Inn. She'd heard good things about the place; reputable, clean, attracted the right kind of people. So far the rumors seemed to be accurate. She even thought she saw someone send a magical message out from here, that was pretty innocent.

The Fae woman turned her attention back to the map spread out across her table. It was unfolded a great deal, so that the soft goatskin hung down the side of the table and the opposite seat. She'd unfolded it to the capital, and was working in some of the more recent details she'd noted on her journey through it. The place was much busier than she preferred, but she knew perfectly well that cities were rarely quiet. What she hadn't expected was the cold; the flight up to the city had been extremely windy despite the blazing sunlight. Ilona hated to admit any weakness, after having traveled so far and so much, but she hadn't been this tired and wingsore since she'd mapped the Singing Canyons. She wanted to unroll her wings and lie down, but there just wasn't enough space. She had morphed them into a blue-green-purple coat around herself to try and warm up after the trip.

((Sorry for taking so long to post--my computer broke and I went out of town for a while.))

With the seal on the collar undone by the blond-haired woman, the dragon seemed grateful and less agitated. Saraad looked over to her. She seemed familiar, and there was an aura about her that no ordinary being could have possessed, almost... regal. His thoughts were confirmed when she had undone the clasp on her cloak, revealing the blue and gold dress she was wearing under it, too perfect for any commoner to wear. Saraad raised an eyebrow but said nothing. She was most definitely royalty, and since there were no others, she must be Lena, the queen, he thought to himself. But what would she be doing out here?

Bowing before Lena, the dragon left to the anvil outside with the smith, in order to remove the collar. Saraad took pity on the dragon, and almost had a thought to take care of it while it recovered from its years with a collar on its neck. As he was thinking, another lady, dressed almost as nicely as the queen, entered the shop, with waist-length silver hair, and a pair of pointed ears. Her beauty was indeed comparable to the queen, but he had not seen her before. He turned and looked at her.

"The Blacksmith is currently out right now, he should be back shortly" he said, wringing his hands slightly, out of habit.

VAMADRA LAVELLAN

Vamadra was answered by an older man with a nicely braided beard. She has never seen anyone with such long facial hair, but it suited him well. "Oh, thank you sir. I will just....look around" Vamadra walked around the shoppe, observing some swords, picking up and wielding others to test their balance. "I can see why my mom prefers this smithy. They have a steady hand and eye. Surely he might know him. hopefully" Vamadra was talking to herself under her breath. The last thing she wanted were complete strangers to think that she was crazy. "I do need a new sword, mine has gotten a bit little for me now. I should shop around" Vamadra tried to look for something she liked, but none of the weapons out on display were what she needed. Vamadra decided it might be better to wait for the owner. She walked back to the main area of the shop, where she first came in. There were what it seem to be two customers in front of her. Vamadra looked outside. "The crowd is still there, i wont be going anywhere anytime soon. how am i going to explain this?"

Keahi

Keahi raised his eyebrows as the dragon laid his head on the anvil. "You know I'm not going to cut your head off to remove it, right?" He joked, but then worried it might go over the dragon's head. The poor guy seemed a bit too stressed to comprehend jokes. Not that Keahi blamed him. He wouldn't be completely himself if he had just escaped a situation that had him with a collar on.

"Just have a seat," he said. He pulled over a stool. It wasn't the most comfortable, but it would work. "Alright, so tell me; you have a higher tolerance to heat, right? Because I'm probably going to have to sear it off. That means there is a chance I could burn you. I'm going to try not to, but I unfortunately cannot make any promises. So please tell me that because you are a fire dragon you don't get burnt." The last thing he wanted to do was get too close with some hot metal and burn the guy in the neck. But if the scales could withstand fire, then Keahi didn't have to worry.

Deneas

Deneas frowned slightly at the young woman who was pleading with her. "He stole something. There is no misunderstanding." If she had her way, she'd chop the guy's hand off. See if he'd steal again after that. But her superior had given her a stern lecture before he had let her out, reminding her to bring in criminals, no matter what they did. While she didn't agree with him, she didn't want to make him mad and lose her new privileges. She was just going to bring this man in and let somebody else deal out his punishment. This girl should be thankful that all her father was going to do would be sit in a jail cell for a couple of days.

"Why don't you go return what your father has stolen to the shop owner?" Deneas suggested with a nod towards the plate.

Reactions: Darkagn
Izana does as he was instructed by Keahi, smiling weakly, though it was very obviously faked. "C-cut my head off? I...I don't think that'd solve the problem...." He chuckled nervously, and took a deep breath, before sitting. "Unless you were to use water or hot lava on me, I can withstand the heat. if it's hot tools, I'll be unconfortable, but there's a reason dragon scales are commonly used in fireblankets. They are inherently flame-proof. perfect for protecting valuables in a fire, though their effectiveness relies on their remaining dry and in tact. a broken scale is as useless as a dull sword in a fight." He smiled a little legitimately, starting to claw at the collar again instinctively, caughing again at it's tightness. "...This blasted thing is making breathing difficult.....I really should have slipped it off of my head, even if I was threatened the enchantment would electrocute me to death upon removal...heeeehhh...." It seemed that he would be vulnerable to lightning and water both, so, in theory he could also use winds, though nothing could confirm or deny that at the present point.

Recalling a moment with his adoptive family, the sapphire-emerald-fire-reptile smiled a little.

"You really like that collar, huh? you sure you don't want to replace it with one with these carvings you so lovingly made of us and your hatch family?"

"Yes dad, I want you to keep them safe. I'll take it when I move out, if you insist."

"I will, you know, Little one. Your siblings will miss you you know, but, as a merchant and potential messenger for the palace, you'll have to move out eventually...." His Mother chimed in, and there would be no arguing with her.

Moments later, he shook his head, snapping back to the reality of the situation. looking under his wing, there was no longer the iron carving collar, it having fallen out of his protection in front of Queen Leah. As Izana worried, She'd have a chance to take the collar, and this caused the dragon no end of fear, as one of the few personal belongings that hadn't been stolen from him in his sleep a few months ago. The inside of the collar bore an inscription, something that the queen and anyone else near enough to it could have read. 'Izana, We are here for you, with you, every day, for eternity. Remember to fly true, and keep a spot in your heart for others. Plese visit us.'

Reactions: koolkat4595
[fieldbox="Nyka, #D0A9F5"]
Nyka hesitated before slowly bending down to pick the plate up from the ground where it had crashed. She was old enough to know better than to challenge a direct request of the Royal Guard, but she was struggling to understand what was happening. As her hand touched the plate, the symbols began to glow with the bright, white light that had disappeared when Richtor had dropped it.

"Stop!" cried the angel accuser. "What is she doing? Make her stop!" he shouted at the guard.

Unsure of what was happening, Nyka looked up from the plate to the stall owner. "I'm not doing anything!" The symbols began to glow even brighter, and a beam of light shot from the plate up into the clear sky. Had it been night time, Nyka imagined, it would have been a glorious sight - if she wasn't so terrified that is. She dropped the plate with a clang that rang out unnaturally loudly, and she looked at the guard with her mouth agape in surprise. "I - I'm sorry," she stammered, and she bowed her head in submission as her father had done earlier. "Father, please, what's going on?" she asked with her head bowed.

Richtor looked at his daughter, but there was no surprise in his eyes. The look upon his face was something more akin to pride, and he smiled warmly at Nyka before turning back to the guard who still had a firm grip on his arm. "I submit myself to the Queen's justice," he said simply with no offer of an explanation of his actions.

Nyka did not understand. She looked around at the crowd of on-lookers that had formed around them, watching silently at the proceedings. The young air elemental knew that there would be no mercy with so many witnesses, but what his punishment would be she wasn't sure. She wanted to plead with the crowd for help but she knew no one would challenge the Royal Guard, so she stood there silently awaiting the guard's decision. Nyka had heard that sometimes the Royal Guard passed judgement themselves, and her father's captor certainly looked the type, but maybe, just maybe, the guard would take her father to the Palace so that the Queen or one of her Magistrates could pass judgement on his crime.
[/fieldbox]

@Silver Fallen
@Silverdawn

Her departure from the palace was swift, her duty calling for her to seek the queen and ensure her safe return at the queen's convenience. This wouldn't have been the first time she sought the queen, her mind recalling a time when she'd had to track her down before and another when they'd gone out together in secret. Azra was used to the queens behavior and while some might question her decisions, she did not. Though it was not because it was not her place, this was merely a factor, but not the reason. Azra had spent many nights talking with the queen and through these talks learned allot about the queens compassion and wisdom, albeit a bit of her wilder more curious side often shined through. It was dark and the cover of night made the cloak she worse shimmer like the shadows around the periphery of a flame, well... that was until a blinding beam of light pierced the sky causing the angel to raise a hand to her eyes, her wings splaying wide to halt her flight path. 'What could possibly... ' her thoughts trailed off before her eyes narrowed towards the location where the beam had sprouted from, changing her flight path to check it out.

Despite her intention to seek the queen she would have to check up on this first and given the Queen's power she might well find her there anyway. Although she had to admit this was something she hadn't seen before, at least not to this degree. Azra descended towards the location, her wings splaying wide as she landed; her cloak fluttering in the updraft caused from her own wings. Her sapphire eyes immediately began to absorb the scene before her, a royal guard holding onto a man who spoke words which attracted her attention almost immediately. "I submit myself to the Queen's justice" he'd said and as her wings folded behind her she took a few steps forwards towards them. "And what justice would befit a man such as yourself?" she asked with curiosity as she approached. The young angel was curious to learn the situation and her eyes briefly moved down upon the air elemental before moving back towards the man, her hand moving back the hood of her cloak to prevent anyone contesting her interference with the matter.

Last edited:
Aust watched the display watching what had happened and it had seem that the pair of air elementals were related and it might have been a mistake or whatever. Aust looked at the male Air elemental with a look of almost disappointment he didn't know him but he got caught way to easy. He considered helping his fellow thief but the Air Elemental didn't seem like he wanted to get away or a regular thief for that matter and plus he didn't want to get the kingdom chasing after him. Aust waited with the cwrod unsure what was going to happen next, but it seemed that he was going to get captured and possibly when an Angle that must have served under the queen by how he acted. Matthew watched her closely as with her around he had no chance of helping the man so all chances of the Air Elemental's escape were zero.

Warlock (Rahzun Kromaar)

"I remember many things about where I am from, but not all. If I can help you after I regain my memories, I shall. Consider it a promise, Lanaya." It was then that, in his own hands, he performed the same magics she did moments ago, pondering why a typically mono-elemental would have power over both elements. He then continued to ponder, instead looking at other possibilities. If she were a chimera, more likely than not she might retain memories of the lesser being that partook in the fusion. But when he tried to replicate what she just did, it didn't seem like it would be part of a forced reaction. Instead, it seemed as if it was... recessive. No, emerging. Perhaps she was a hybridized creature instead? Warlock would need to observe her more.

@Olissa

Layana

Smiling at his words Layana stretched. Keeping her wings so closely forced against her to talk to someone properly made her muscles ache at times. Inside the inn she intended to go to the room she was renting and stretch them out good before continuing her next search. "Thanks Warlock. My 'parents', for lack of better word, said I didn't have to worry about it, that it was just my darker powers manifesting. But I'm not so sure about that."
By now they had reached the inn, so Layana stopped. "Thanks, for walking me all this way. Good luck on your travels and searches. Hopefully you'll be able to recover your memory soon."
With a sweet smile and light wave towards him Layana pushed open the inn's door.

As per usual for an inn or tavern, inside it was a lot more dim. It took her a second or two to properly adjust to it. Once she was used to it Layana took a look around. During her travel to the capital she had come to learn that many interesting people tended to gather in the dining or seating area of a place like this. And sure enough this was no exception. There was a woman, peering over what seemed to be a map, with an interesting colored coat. Sort of coat... Were those wings? That was really interesting. There were two less savory types more towards a corner, definitely the types that Layana was going to stay away from. And then there was a guy that had seemed to be watching the door when she entered. He was definitely an interesting figure. Really standing out from the usual tavern going crowd. She ruffled her wings. Right, staring at someone was not exactly the best way to make any kind of impression, and she wanted to relax her wings for a few minutes.
Weaving her way past the tables and chairs Layana headed towards the stairs.

Lena

That Lena was running a risk of raising people's suspicion of who she was, that she knew. But that someone she never met would have fully recognized her off the bat and decide to act upon it, that she hadn't completely expected. Yes, from time to time in her past adventures someone at some point managed to recognize her, or had their suspicions and confronted her, so she wasn't completely surprised, but most had resorted to more subtle ways of expressing it.
Either way, it didn't matter much. There weren't many here, and those that were she figured had no ill intent. Quietly she gave a simple nod in his direction before he left with Keahi out the back.

Heaving a soft sigh, Lena picked up her cloak, dusted it off as best she could with three pats, and threw it over her shoulders again. And just in time it seemed, a young woman entered.
Just at that moment a message came in for the queen. Judging by the type of message it had to have come from Victor. Lena smirked as she noted it. Of course he had been sent out to find her. Azra probably was in town as well, having come on her own accord. Mildly amused Lena sent a reply to Victor.
'Your message seems to be rather later than usual, do tell me you did not actually try and search for me this time? I suspect Azra is searching as well, do say hi for me when you see her.' And with that she sent it on its way. He knew her well enough to interpret her rather dry remarks on days like these, so she didn't worry about him reading the tone too seriously. Either way, he probably was off in some tavern or inn somewhere.

Although there still was plenty of room, the blacksmith's shop was getting a little crowded for her taste. Granted, this was one of the ways to casually get to know the people of her land without raising suspicion if she started a casual conversation, but it didn't feel like the time and place for it.
Catching the tail end of the chatty girl's explanation of why she was here, Lena threw her hood over and peered at the girl more specifically. Swords, as any weapon, were a delicate business, and just the slightest ounce of weight could make a world of difference.
Where she was standing meant part of the display wasn't fully visible, including the sword she had picked up earlier herself. Calmly Lena picked it up again and walked to the table near the young lady. She placed it down, before briefly looking in the woman's eyes. This sword might not be an exact fit for her, but it might be just right judging by her physique.
With a last nod to the elderly man, Lena walked out of the shop long before the dragon and Keahi would return.

Out in the streets Lena could hear commotion a bit further up. Curious about what was going on in her kingdom, Lena lifted to the sky with ease. Avoiding flying over the market itself, Lena flew parallel to it till she spotted the familiar colors of the Royal Guard and a bunch of people. Lena landed not too far off, in one of the side roads. Sure enough, Azra was there, probably having come this way in search of her. Not wanting to be spotted, and then followed, by her own royal guard, Lena took to the shadows and stayed at enough of a distance. And she wasn't the only one it seemed. She came closer, within speaking distance, but keeping some level of distance between the two of them.
"Did you see what happened?" she inquired.

LoWWingBlack.png
New Being in the Land of Wings
LoWWingWhite.png

Bellerose La'Rouge

Reactions: Michelle the Editor
Victor's eyes widened as the person walked through the Inn doors. It was a girl,a pretty one and she reminded him so much of the queen. Victor gasped silently as he watched the girl walk past him she had one angelic wing and one demonic. "A hybrid!" He said a little louder than he wanted too. " Why does this girl have an aura similar to the queen,but she's a hybrid as well?!"Victor immediately got up to follow the girl;but before he could move a message from Lena arrived. Victor quickly read the message and sighed dismissing it continuing to follow the girl. Victor quietly crept up the stairs until he caught up with the strange girl. "Hey you,what's your name?" He called out sizing the girl up.

@Olissa

Status
Not open for further replies.